Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria (4212 Views)

Customs Hands Over Seized Helicopters To NAF At Lagos Airport / AirForce To Deploy Surveillance Helicopters To The North. PICS / Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by joedave(m): 7:14am On Jul 21, 2015
donholy28:
.I can't believe people here think Nigeria don't have jet fighters.....if we wanted to destroy boko haram we would have used just one on them...instead of sending soldiers to die...boko haram is still there because Top dogs in Nigeria don't want them destroyed...

My brother, not under General M. Buhari!! Top dogs ke?
He'd rather destroy the top dogs along with the Boko boys. I am talking
from angle of convinction of his personality. Kindly do ainstaking research about him
This is a very passionate man for his people's plight, he never smiles or
welcomes thuggery and brigandage. Atleast, he has always never in the past.
All bad eggs and infectious virus in the military will be flushed ou!!!
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by sammyj: 7:28am On Jul 21, 2015
Nigeria is currently gaining back her lost glory because a leader with integrity! !!
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2015
joedave:

My brother, not under General M. Buhari!! Top dogs ke?
He'd rather destroy the top dogs along with the Boko boys. I am talking
from angle of convinction of his personality. Kindly do ainstaking research about him
This is a very passionate man for his people's plight, he never smiles or
welcomes thuggery and brigandage. Atleast, he has always never in the past.
All bad eggs and infectious virus in the military will be flushed ou!!!

You forgot to assess the fight against Bokoharam so far as they happen only for you to believe on fantom magician whose regime is not interested in bombing Bokoharam targets since his inauguration.

Stop shutting down your brain, use it for effective analysis and possible factual inferences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by paooxide(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2015
techcoms:
The problem is not buying but who will handle and maintain them, do we have expertise on ground for all these sophisticated equipment and weapons. God bless Nigeria and Obama

The nigerian armed forces have them, but for NPF
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by omenka(m): 7:35am On Jul 21, 2015
techcoms:
The problem is not buying but who will handle and maintain them, do we have expertise on ground for all these sophisticated equipment and weapons. God bless Nigeria and Obama
Who knows if some people have been undergoing training on their usage? I pray we acquire these, it would no doubt boost our campaign against the marauding jihadists.
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by arewafederation: 7:38am On Jul 21, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

On the 27th of june 2011, the then CDI (Gen Babagana Monguno) requested that the police hand over the co-founder of Bokoharam to the defence intelligence agency, the then IGP obliged Moguno with the understanding that the suspect will be returned to the police after DIA interrogation, and this was never to be because Monguno had another agenda

Tishau (the Bokoharam co-founder) miraculously vanished from detention where it was believed Monguno arranged for his excape!!!

For Monguno to have escaped such grave allegations unscathed, he may well be acting based on 'orders from above'. Fortunately for us, we now have a New Sheriff in town who will make use of Monguno's brilliance in winning the war on terror.
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by joedave(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You forgot to access the fight against Bokoharam so far as they happen only for you to believe on fantom magician whose regime is not interested in bombing Bokoharam targets since his inauguration.

Stop shutting down your brain, use it for effective analysis and possible factual inferences.

Your provocative response only shows where you're coming from!!! It depicts how easily people like you
can pull shirt for a fight at every superior argument!!!
I would have helped you further to elucidate on what may perhaps open your mind, BUT your last phrase is the albatross to my being gentle. Cheers!!!
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by arewafederation: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You forgot to access the fight against Bokoharam so far as they happen only for you to believe on fantom magician whose regime is not interested in bombing Bokoharam targets since his inauguration.

Stop shutting down your brain, use it for effective analysis and possible factual inferences .

What an irony!
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 21, 2015
godwinkessi:
This one can delete Biafra from map
You obviously never heard of the Korean war or the Vietnam war. Higher technology isn't always an advantage if you dont remove the source of their motivation and funding. Our Army committed a lot of human right abuses against innocent northerners (aljazera reported) pushing many to get Justice by joining Boko haram.
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:03am On Jul 21, 2015
joedave:

Your provocative response only shows where you're coming from!!! It depicts how easily people like you
can pull shirt for a fight at every superior argument!!!
I would have helped you further to elucidate on what may perhaps open your mind, BUT your last phrase is the albatross to my being gentle. Cheers!!!

Stop taking simple advice out of context.

1. There is clear acceptance that you are intelligence but desire to allow bandwagon opinions sway yours.

2. I pointed out the reality against your contrary opinion on what truely exist on the ground so far.

I honestly believe you can do better than taking the sensibilities of intelligent Nairalanders for a ride.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 21, 2015
This our new found romance with the U.S, hope it comes with no cost.... what baffles me is that it was this same guys that refused us help during the tym of ebola, refused 2 sell weapons 2 us during last administration. Bt one thing I know is that if u want 2 dine with the devil, then u nid 2 use a longer spoon. Our goverment gats 2 be smart here.

1 Like

Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by dayo23(f): 8:12am On Jul 21, 2015
Pangea:
Reaper drones too, on the way!
grin grin grin u wan desert north east be that nah
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by AlPeter: 8:51am On Jul 21, 2015
copiescopy:

Sure.but don't also forget the same biafra also has the liberty to buy the same from China or russia who are willing markets to sell anytime.
hahhahahha...... Bros na Nnamdi Tell you that one too abi?
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by toideve(m): 9:36am On Jul 21, 2015
What if BH shots it down sad
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by hinwazaka: 9:59am On Jul 21, 2015
In may 1961 during the Vietnam war, President Kennedy sent US army special forces(green beret) troops into South Vietnam's central highlands to train Montagnard tribesmen in counterinsurgency tactics. He also tripled the level of aid to South Vietnam. A steady stream of AIRPLANES, HELICOPTERS, ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIERS (APC's) and other equipment poured into the south. But at the end of the day all this heavy equipment and machinery did not bring the Vietcong to their knees. on the contrary it only made the Vietcong more daring. Years later the Saigon government fell and the Americans withdrew under a banner of shame. The best armor is the one upstairs not the one you put on downstairs
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 21, 2015
hinwazaka:
In may 1961 during the Vietnam war, President Kennedy sent US army special forces(green beret) troops into South Vietnam's central highlands to train Montagnard tribesmen in counterinsurgency tactics. He also tripled the level of aid to South Vietnam. A steady stream of AIRPLANES, HELICOPTERS, ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIERS (APC's) and other equipment poured into the south. But at the end of the day all this heavy equipment and machinery did not bring the Vietcong to their knees. on the contrary it only made the Vietcong more daring. Years later the Saigon government fell and the Americans withdrew under a banner of shame. The best armor is the one upstairs not the one you put on downstairs

Hmmmm! A case of human daring nature overcoming advanced technology. I've not stopped revisiting this story.
Re: Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria by hinwazaka: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2015
dearpreye:

Hmmmm! A case of human daring nature overcoming advanced technology. I've not stopped revisiting this story.
Its imperative that the government realise that all the apache helicopters in the world can not help them defeat the sect without a proper well laid out meticulous intelligence programme. It would be suicidal to think that by gearing up, the war is already won. This is a war that requires information and espionage, not tanks and choppers
The US with all its machinery have failed to defeat the Taliban and other insurgent units in the middle east. Its even the reason why with all the funding the Ukrainian army can not defeat the separatists. That's why you see incompetent Poroshenko crying and fretting to the UN, NATO, EU and any one who gives him an audience. History is full of charlatans who buried themselves on the battlefield due to the wrong strategy despite their large arsenal. If the APC don't realise this in time they will FAIL!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Its Really Funny No South Eastern State Capital Was Included By Twitter / It Is Now A Crime To Say Buhari Is Dead Or Refer To Him As Jubril; Presidency / Abductions: Senate Probes FG’s $20m Safe School Initiative Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.