Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,234 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro (30282 Views)

Photos From The Crisis In Idi Oro, Mushin As Rival Gangs Cause Mayhem / Panic In Idi-Oro Mushin As Sporadic Shooting Continues / 5 Killed As Cultists Unleash Mayhem In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by wolesmile(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2015
Members of a white garment church on railway line, Idi-Oro, in the Fadeyi area of Lagos State brought the church service to an abrupt end on Sunday and fled the premises.

It was learnt that some hoodlums had approached the pastor of the church around 3pm and instructed him to round off because they wanted to foment trouble and did not want the members to be caught up in the crossfire.

PUNCH Metro learnt that residents of the area also went indoor after the church members told them why they had to stop service earlier than usual.

Our correspondent gathered that when it was 4pm, the gun-wielding gang, numbering about 50, stormed the community from Lawan Street, Jibowu, and started shooting indiscriminately.

It was learnt that the hoodlums, said to be loyal to one Toyeeb, had come for a rival group ─ Toba boys.

PUNCH Metro had, in no fewer than six times this year, reported the attacks of the factions on each other, which had claimed several lives, including those of innocent residents.

It was learnt that policemen from the Alakara Police Division arrived at the neighbourhood on Sunday shortly after receiving a distress call. The hoodlums reportedly engaged the police in a gun duel, but were later repelled by the officers.

They reportedly regrouped around 6pm and went again on the rampage, destroying two vehicles before they were overpowered by riot policemen drafted to the area. Two of them were said to have been arrested.

Our correspondent, who visited the neighbourhood on Monday, was told that some residents sustained minor injuries while scampering to safety during the second attack. Some bullet-riddled spots were also observed.

The pastor of the church was not around as of 10am when PUNCH Metro left the community. But a member of the church, who identified himself only as Dayo, confirmed the impromptu end of the service.

He said, “Those boys told the pastor to close the service on time so that they can strike without hurting any member of the church. They said they had been waiting for us to end the service, but they decided they would no longer wait. That was how members started running out of the church.”

While lamenting her losses to the previous attacks, a resident, who sells foodstuffs at a shop on Ikeolu Street, Iyabo Oluwoye, said she packed her wares immediately she was informed of the imminent mayhem.

She said, “A woman told me that the gangs would soon fight again. Five years ago, my husband and his father were hit by stray bullets in one of the attacks. The father died. My shop had been burnt down twice.”

An eyewitness, Chinedu Igede, said, “They engaged the police in a shootout, but the police eventually chased them away. A few hours later, they came back and destroyed some cars.”

A loyalist to Toba, Sulyman Olawale, said they did not engage the attackers on the order of their boss, who reportedly called the police.

He said, “When I heard they were coming to attack us, I told our boys to vacate the football viewing centre, where they were watching Nigeria match. They were Toyeeb’s boys. I called Toba on the telephone, but he ordered us not confront them.”

A community leader, James Tolani, urged the police to beef up the security on the railway line, which he said, served as the entry and escape route for assailants.

The spokesperson for the police in the state, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident, adding that four suspects had been arrested.

He said, “The hoodlums unleashed terror on the community, but the police were able to repel them.

“Four persons were arrested and efforts are ongoing to arrest others. No casualties were recorded, but the hoodlums damaged two vehicles.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/hoodlums-stop-church-service-unleash-mayhem-on-idi-oro/
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Acekidc4(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by crispberry(f): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Oga o

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Guess what is knocking on OUR doors? shocked cool

ENDTIME!!! grin

Some people (Boko Haram inclusive) have turned the 'House of God' to BEER PARLOR and MOTOR PARK sad

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Doskit(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hmmmnnnnn.....
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by CR77(f): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
grin This one na Gobe oo
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by wachakuta(m): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
Pishure
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
Z
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by boboLIL(m): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
All of them na news
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
E

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by alphaStoner(m): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mushin agbero's sha... I detest that area
Running in robes. Imagine Usain Bolt sprinting in a robe...Lol

3 Likes

them try
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by babasade(m): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
All I hear about lagos now is bad news..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Mega005(m): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
I am back fully.tanoids take cover

By 4pm 2morow we Shall strike u all from left right front and back..

Cuz we will never allow u to infritriate our own SAI baba with ur impunity blood..

We are ready to witch-hunt u all till we get what belong to d massess back..

U guys have been Silent since morning about ur CSO that passed away from ur imaginary propanganda island??

Still waiting for obituary poster of him..

In olamides voice eni duro
4years headache noni

3 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by KingKuntaVart: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
CR77:
grin This one na Gobe oo
Edit your sense undecided
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Rapunzel001: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
As if the Boko Haram wahala is not enough
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by naijathings(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
and it never ends
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by babasade(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
KingKuntaVart:
haba you dey fight with her before, abi you toast am she no gree
. Bros make person edit sense..must you comment..how editing of sense dey possible..

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by prettytasha(f): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
The police should beef up security

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by hotgunz(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
I jst search google to knw who toba or toyeeb s.... Result " NOBODY"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by NoRetreat(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
Kudos to the police for stopping them.
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by CR77(f): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
ewa
KingKuntaVart:

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by money121(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
ok

Call/whatsapp 08085310359 for your original stone coated roofing Tiles | See some of our project here >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806991/see-some-project-carried-out
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
grin
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by CR77(f): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
hotgunz:
I jst search google to knw who toba or toyeeb s.... Result " NOBODY"
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by kennyman2000(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
Good, they ran for their dear lives, and not waiting for any miracle to help them out..

That should tell everyone.. at the point of death... u'll see ur brain working perfectly..

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by damiloladuke: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
who wants to die

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY HILARIOUS PERSONAL DIARY
Re: Hoodlums Stop Church Service, Unleash Mayhem On Idi-oro by Whizzing(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
Sometimes I wonder if some pple have 10 lifes... with this their appetite for fighting and killing each other Which is now trending with these hoodlums.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kedei Iwara Ibiang, Missing UNICAL Student Missing (Photos) / Explosion Kills Three At Scrap Center In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Policeman Murders Man He Mistook For His Annoying Boss (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.