Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs (11939 Views)

Get CRUSHED NOODLES for your Dogs and fishes / Snap And Upload Your Dogs Here [season 3 2016 Edition] / The Danger Of Feeding Your Dogs Raw Meat/Foetus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by jstrollet(m): 2:24am On Mar 28, 2016
barcaboi:
I majorly cook for my dogs. I have enough time to do that. But for those that go for commercial feeding; have you ever tried feeding your dogs fish feed (coppens/Aqua 2mm). It has btw 42 - 45%. and good proximate analysis. I use it often too and even add to the noodle waste when cooking and it ranges from 5700 and 5900 respectively depending on the product and size of the mm for 15kg compared to dog feed. I know dog breeders that use it too. Thank me later.

A breeder recommended fishmeal together with the noodles to me.
My ques: Is the Fishmeal same thing as the Fish Feed you're talking about or diff? And what is the cooking process, do I need further ingredients?
I'm just asking coz I just got a GSD Puppy.
Thanks.

Below is Nellie's photos.

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by barcaboi(m): 7:06am On Mar 28, 2016
jstrollet:

A breeder recommended fishmeal together with the noodles to me.
My ques: Is the Fishmeal same thing as the Fish Feed you're talking about or diff? And what is the cooking process, do I need further ingredients?
I'm just asking coz I just got a GSD Puppy.
Thanks.

Below is Nellie's photos.
not same thing. ....fish feed is what they use 2 feed fishes, fish meal is in powdery form....more pics of ur puppy....noodles, sweet potato, rice are cool....also vaccinate ur dog ...

1 Like

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Surely63(m): 12:09am On Oct 23, 2016
barcaboi:
I majorly cook for my dogs. I have enough time to do that. But for those that go for commercial feeding; have you ever tried feeding your dogs fish feed (coppens/Aqua 2mm). It has btw 42 - 45%. and good proximate analysis. I use it often too and even add to the noodle waste when cooking and it ranges from 5700 and 5900 respectively depending on the product and size of the mm for 15kg compared to dog feed. I know dog breeders that use it too. Thank me later.
I use it too the transformation is good very Good

1 Like

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by DutchNegro(m): 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
Surely63:

Where can i get this coppens/aqua 2mm.. I'm based in somolu area of Lagos.thanks
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Surely63(m): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2016
DutchNegro:

Where can i get this coppens/aqua 2mm.. I'm based in somolu area of Lagos.thanks
you can go to shops that sales chicken feed the do have it the bag is blue in colour with a drawing of catfish on it

1 Like

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by barcaboi(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2016
everything is expensive now
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by fizzyrella(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
will like to try dis fish meal is it floating feed
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by fizzyrella(m): 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2018
yea HV seen it before dey even sell in kg

1 Like

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Mckandre(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
what's the current price of this fish feed sef my dog is indirectly boring hole in my pocket and she will soon whelp come see gbege, yeee! shocked
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Eveezy(m): 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Mckandre:
what's the current price of this fish feed sef my dog is indirectly boring hole in my pocket and she will soon whelp come see gbege, yeee! shocked
Bros na still dt ur same "Canyene" girl u get? (not sure of d spelling) you really tried in taking care of her, it's better to have one dog dt one is sure dey can take care of Dan acquiring several ND cant give d right Carr. She must be a grand ma by nw, abi great grand ma
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Mckandre(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2018
Eveezy:

Bros na still dt ur same "Canyene" girl u get? (not sure of d spelling) you really tried in taking care of her, it's better to have one dog dt one is sure dey can take care of Dan acquiring several ND cant give d right Carr. She must be a grand ma by nw, abi great grand ma
cayenne, i named her after the Porsche SUV. honestly bro, no mind she's the only one,owning that yeye dog is like having 3 hot headed dogs in a compound,her troubles is something else. Would ve loved to keep more dogs but time has never been a friend,anytime m about to get a pup something will come up,but now i can assure m hell gonna keep a pup from her superb coming litter, the sire was carefully picked cos m involve. wink
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by tblackE61(m): 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
barcaboi:
everything is expensive now

Hey barca boi, longest time. Pls kindly help me with ur digit or add me up on what app 07038448164. Would srsly need this composition. Dry food is ripping my pocket

1 Like

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by fizzyrella(m): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2018
where did u buy fish gills from
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Mckandre(m): 3:09am On Feb 15, 2018
barcaboi:
do u still do this, if so, what's the outcome pls very urgent ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by barcaboi(m): 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mckandre:
cayenne, i named her after the Porsche SUV. honestly bro, no mind she's the only one,owning that yeye dog is like having 3 hot headed dogs in a compound,her troubles is something else. Would ve loved to keep more dogs but time has never been a friend,anytime m about to get a pup something will come up,but now i can assure m hell gonna keep a pup from her superb coming litter, the sire was carefully picked cos m involve. wink
Boss I apologize for late response; been off Nairaland. I use more of rice and fish internal organs like the gills that's readily available here for me. Some fish feed got expensive but there are cheaper ones now for 5k like blue crown and few others and good. U can use them. Allen Aqua is good especially for pregnant dogs but expensive and not to be rushed
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by HardMirror(m): 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2018
lacicrips:

So I decided to give this a try. My dogs really love it, only problem is their poopoo comes out big and watery. Which means it's not being digested. Any reason why or solution?
i guess the food is too rich or not digestible. Cook the food well and mix with white rice or noodles. Steaming shld be best dont make the cooking soggy
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by HardMirror(m): 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2018
fizzyrella:
where did u buy fish gills from
why feed your dog fish gills? Get dried fish meal if you need cheap protein supplement
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by barcaboi(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2018
HardMirror:
why feed your dog fish gills? Get dried fish meal if you need cheap protein supplement
Cheap? No meal can be as rich as fish organs which includes gills, liver, et al. Dried fish meal can't have same quality. My dogs won't even touch the dried fish meal.
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Lavesh1119: 9:16pm On May 08, 2020
I fed my Neapolitan Mastiff both fish feed and diamond puppy mixed. That is I mix equal quantity of diamond puppy with arion fish feed, soak it in water and feed the puppy twice a day, I've to soak it because the dog use to choke after rushing the food. I noticed that poo was strong and the dog enjoyed eating it. However I can't tell if the dog is malnurished or grown as expected cos am a first time dog owner, also I can't tell if there are medical implication but physically the dog is strong and playful. These are pictures at 5months and 2 months when I bought the puppy.

1 Like

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by barcaboi(m): 3:34pm On May 29, 2020
Lavesh1119:
I fed my Neapolitan Mastiff both fish feed and diamond puppy mixed. That is I mix equal quantity of diamond puppy with arion fish feed, soak it in water and feed the puppy twice a day, I've to soak it because the dog use to choke after rushing the food. I noticed that poo was strong and the dog enjoyed eating it. However I can't tell if the dog is malnurished or grown as expected cos am a first time dog owner, also I can't tell if there are medical implication but physically the dog is strong and playful. These are pictures at 5months and 2 months when I bought the puppy.
He’s not doing bad.
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Specialjoe(m): 4:37pm On May 30, 2020
Can I give my dog the fish feed without putting it in noodles or rice
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by Specialjoe(m): 5:45pm On May 30, 2020
Surely63:
can I feed my dog the fish feed without putting it in noodles or rice

1 Like

Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by barcaboi(m): 5:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Specialjoe:
can I feed my dog the fish feed without putting it in noodles or rice
Yes. Watch ur dogs reaction to it before feeding much
Re: Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs by seunabodun(m): 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
I feed my dogs Indomie waste, Fish Feed, fish/crayfish powder (blended), blended kulikuli and blended egg shell, chicken legs and cow/goat meat and bones.

I simply add all up in a systematic manner and cook till tender. I allow to cool and feed my dogs.

It's great and my vet says he feeds his dog with fish feed as well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mugabe The Biggest Caucasian In Africa / 5 Best Website To Sell Your Dogs In Nigeria / ADVERTISE YOUR(4 sale) PETS ON MAJOR PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES IN LAGOS STATE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.