Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East (21677 Views)

Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha / FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF / UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by Dmouthed(m): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Who is gonna pay this loan? = Nigeria

This is one Nigeria

I will fight qurroption

I will CHANGE Nigeria (North)

Even in the North, NE enjoys all he Favour

1 Like

Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by sweetgala(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
Shymm3x:

Take partisanship out of it: do you really believe this is a good initiative? A lot is at stake and I honestly don't think it's right to basically support everything blindly.

Err, let me use another analogy. Let's say you just took over as the CEO of the badly managed company, and you're yet to get a proper balance sheet of the income/expenditure of the company; select a team you want to work with; don't really have a proper plan/blueprint on what direction you'll take (you need a team to do that) etc. Would taking a loan be the first thing to do, especially when what you're allegedly taking the loan for has to wait till there's peace?

I need honest answers.

The welfare of Nigerian citizens is not a balance sheet argument, they are not shares or collateral damage. They are people who have been adversely affected by the inability of the state security apparatus to provide adequate safety.

They need to have their society and institutions rebuilt, so you take the partisanship blindfold off, I know your is the "our oyel syndrome" just say it and be over with
Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by wokomabest(m): 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Did he seek the consent of national assembly before the borrow or is he still behaving like a military head of state?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by Shymm3x: 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
sweetgala:

The welfare of Nigerian citizens is not a balance sheet argument, they are not shares or collateral damage. They are people who have been adversely affected by the inability of the state security apparatus to provide adequate safety.

They need to have their society and institutions rebuilt, so you take the partisanship blindfold off, I know your is the "our oyel syndrome" just say it and be over with

Lol.

Why didn't you answer my questions? And what has "our oyel syndrome" got to do with me when my pops is from Lagos and Yoruba? Or have they started exporting oil from Lagos?

Do you rebuild before peace/stability is achieved? And why can't he wait for a proper balance sheet to see if the country can actually pay to rebuild that axis, rather accumulate loans on future generations - and why the rush?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by sweetgala(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol.

Why didn't you answer my questions? And what has "our oyel syndrome" got to do with me when my pops is from Lagos and Yoruba? Or have they started exporting oil from Lagos?

Do you rebuild before peace/stability is achieved? And why can't he wait for a proper balance sheet to see if the country can actually pay to rebuild that axis, rather accumulate loans on future generations - and why the rush?

That loan is as generous as a loan is going to be, little interest and a broad repayment plan, it is not the first loan we have taken in recent years and in comparison is rather little.

The FG is not going to start immediate renovation and repopulation of the affected areas but while the international goodwill is still fresh Buhari has done a smart deed in securing the funding he would need to rebuild the NE and invest in infrastructure, medical and educational improvement for the affected areas,

It is not going to be spent on military procurement mind you, because they got the money now doesn't mean it would all be spent in a flash. Buhari is a very prrudent man I trust you know that.
Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by Shymm3x: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
sweetgala:

That loan is as generous as a loan is going to be, little interest and a broad repayment plan, it is not the first loan we have taken in recent years and in comparison is rather little.

The FG is not going to start immediate renovation and repopulation of the affected areas but while the international goodwill is still fresh Buhari has done a smart deed in securing the funding he would need to rebuild the NE and invest in infrastructure, medical and educational improvement for the affected areas,

It is not going to be spent on military procurement mind you, because they got the money now doesn't mean it would all be spent in a flash. Buhari is a very prrudent man I trust you know that.

However, is loan the first thing you would think about, before peace/stability and a concrete plan on how to fix the problem, regardless of whatever repayment plan is in place?

He isn't taking the loan for himself - he's taking the loan on behalf of Nigerians alive and future generations. And it's only right to question the motive since there's no concrete plan yet and the loan coincides with his visit the US. And that makes you wonder if it's part of an imperialism deal Bretton Woods have used in perpetually impoverishing 3rd world countries.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by explorer250(m): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
This is arrant nonsense. In fact, this is hypocrisy at the highest order. Did the nigerian govt rebuild igbo land after the civil war?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by sweetgala(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

However, is loan the first thing you would think about, before peace/stability and a concrete plan on how to fix the problem, regardless of whatever repayment plan is in place?

He isn't taking the loan for himself - he's taking the loan on behalf of Nigerians alive and future generations. And it's only right to question the motive since there's no concrete plan yet and the loan coincides with his visit the US. And that makes you wonder if it's part of an imperialism deal Bretton Woods have used in perpetually impoverishing 3rd world countries.

Life is not a big conspiracy, stop reading a motive into every action. The US and UK know too well if the insurgency in NE is not treated it would very well devour Nigeria and the last thing anyone wants is the biggest economy in Africa crumbling
Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by Shymm3x: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
sweetgala:

Life is not a big conspiracy, stop reading a motive into every action. The US and UK know too well if the insurgency in NE is not treated it would very well devour Nigeria and the last thing anyone wants is the biggest economy in Africa crumbling

Lol. You're either ignorant or naive, or you just basically live in ya own bubble due to sentiments/partisanship. So, that Bretton Woods impoverished 3rd world countries, via loans, is a big conspiracy, no?

And was the loan taken to fight the insurgency, or was it taken to rebuild the NE?
Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by sweetgala(m): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. You're either ignorant or naive, or you just basically live in ya own bubble due to sentiments/partisanship. So, that Bretton Woods impoverished 3rd world countries, via loans, is a big conspiracy, no?

And was the loan taken to fight the insurgency, or was it taken to rebuild the NE?

Rebuild the NE you dim-wit
Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by Shymm3x: 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
sweetgala:

Rebuild the NE you dim-wit

Lol, you sound confused/blinkered. grin

Your words:

sweetgala:

^^^You cited "insurgency" here to make an argument, but you're now back to "rebuild". Can you see you have no argument, and you're all over the place?
Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by sweetgala(m): 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, you sound confused/blinkered. grin

Your words:

^^^You cited "insurgency" here to make an argument, but you're now back to "rebuild". Can you see you have no argument, and you're all over the place?

We have all length discussed the cause of the insurgency being socioeconomic in nature, and thus the loan would go into repairing the infrastructure, re-population of ravaged areas and investment in sectors that can spur growth, providing loans to farmers who have had their lands ravaged so they can buy seeds, to the business owners. Education , and other things to re-vitalize the youth and move them away from radicalism.

Also there is a need to fight disease and reduce infant mortality
Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by londoner: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
wokomabest:
Did he seek the consent of national assembly before the borrow or is he still behaving like a military head of state?

He has showed the signs of the latter even before being elected. What do you think is the real reason he is yet to choose a cabinet and prevented his vice from entering some meetings?

It is clear that he does not respect democracy but pays it lip service as he knows how gullible Nigerians are.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East by londoner: 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
sweetgala:

We have all length discussed the cause of the insurgency being socioeconomic in nature, and thus the loan would go into repairing the infrastructure, re-population of ravaged areas and investment in sectors that can spur growth, providing loans to farmers who have had their lands ravaged so they can buy seeds, to the business owners. Education , and other things to re-vitalize the youth and move them away from radicalism.

Also there is a need to fight disease and reduce infant mortality

The previous gov was already making steps on all the above and of not for BH we would be witnessing thee fruit. The north has always had access to education just like everyone else in fact the quota system made it easier for them. I don't think trying to put a square peg in a round hole will help. Assistance has to reflect their own way of life not a cut and paste approach that suits others that are business and education/profession minded in a traditional sense.

Also you can take your family to repopulate ravaged areas if you like.

There needs to be a shift in mentality before pouring funds in.In terms of medicine etc let their own doctors and nurses administer it so that we don't see a repeat of murdered medical personnel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Niger Delta Youths Show Their Support For President Buhari (pictures) / Amina Zakari Should Resign – Obasanjo / IPOB threatens shutdown over alleged bias in Nnamdi Kanu’s trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.