Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application (8805 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Skilled Workers Immigration Medical Exam (2) (3) (4)

Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by cnonyechi(f): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2009
i submitted my documents to d embassy at Ghana for d canadian skilld worker's visa its bn a month now and hav still nt heard frm d embassy.pls any one with useful advice on wat i nd to do.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 13, 2009
Did u submitted it thro an Agent ??
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by cnonyechi(f): 7:06am On Mar 13, 2009
no i posted it myself thru dhl
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Vicjustice: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2009
cnonyechi:

i submitted my documents to d embassy at Ghana for d canadian skilld worker's visa its bn a month now and hav still nt heard frm d embassy.pls any one with useful advice on wat i nd to do.
  Are you serious or you're just a joker? I understand it does take up to 3 to 4 years reach conclusion
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Hotstepper(f): 2:10am On Mar 14, 2009
with the new "Education Experience Class", it will be granted to qualified professionals in the field they are looking 4 within 6-12 months,
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 14, 2009
cnonyechi:

That's because you didnt properly read the documentation. What you submitted was a preliminary document that places you on a waiting list that can take donkey yrs. The only people allowed to fill the main form and are sure of getting visas (if they pass the 67 point score) are those who are either legal residents in Canada or the US (for at least 1 yr).

You on the other hand start praying they notice your form in the next 5 yrs.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 14, 2009
Hotstepper:

with the new "Education Experience Class", it will be granted to qualified professionals in the field they are looking 4 within 6-12 months,

Only if you live in Canada or the US legally. A friend got his in 8 months.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Hotstepper(f): 2:27am On Mar 14, 2009
while it didnt directly say include US, it just says immigrants and international students have studied in Canada but US peeps gat wayyyyyyy better chance
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 14, 2009
Hotstepper:

while it didnt directly say include US, it just says immigrants and international students have studied in Canada but US peeps gat wayyyyyyy better chance

It does clearly specify that US legal residents can file an application and submit to the Canadian visa office in Buffalo.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Hotstepper(f): 2:34am On Mar 14, 2009
aite oo, didnt see dat part cuz I did that as my project, lol
datz good, r u gonna apply or r u in canada already?
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 14, 2009
A friend got his residency last yr and wanted me to apply, i even downloaded the form . . . filled half of page 1 and got bored. Its way too long haba. I will try again in summer. I'm not in canada, only visited last yr . . . where were you?
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Hotstepper(f): 2:40am On Mar 14, 2009
I know ehh, all this immigration papers can be very annoying, I'm in Canada
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Yemdenikky(m): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2009
Hello all, my name is Ade, I want a friend in Canada, i will be relocating soon and i need a few information as a newcomer, or someone i can stay with for a little while. Pls any idea will b fine. Thank you
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by funso77(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2009
Hotstepper, good afternoon. I am really interested in immigrating to Canada before the year runs out and all my hands has been on deck ever since. I came across a website: www.immigrationexpert.com, who helps with immigration matters but i do not know how authentic they, i mean legitimate. Can you also further shed more light on the Canadian Skilled immigration Visa Process. I have the form but according to details from the www.cic.gc.ca (another site) proposes that i have to be employed by a canadian firm or individual before i can process the visa. Basically, i can finance my travelling but i do not want to come over and be redundant there thereby settling for a lot less than what i have already envisioned. Or can you help me out if i can forward my c.v to you for applications. i have even been on recruitment agencies in canada's database, but nothing come up yet. my name's ayo and you can reach me on my addy: ayoosuntokun@yahoo.com. All information is welcomed. appreciate ur help.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by debosky(m): 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ David

just apply and let the process roll - by the time you may need it, it would've come through wink

@ Funso

Frankly, I don't know why you want to go to Canada at all costs this year, I personally don't think it is possible. Look for a school in Canada and apply for a post-graduate or undergraduate program. Once you start that, you can apply for permanent residence from within Canada and then get it in approximately 18 months after application.

Do not use any immigration consultants. The guides and forms on www.cic.gc.ca are sufficient for you to make your application and get your skilled worker visa. Let me give you one piece of advice - if you are emigrating to Canada, be prepared to go back to school. Don't go there expecting to get some fancy job immediately (though it can happen).

Re-train and get familiarized with the Canadian system and then you will be best placed to make optimal use of the opportunity.

There are many types of visa available. If you are applying for Permanent Residence under the Federal Skilled Worker category, then you do not need to have employment arranged in Canada. If you are applying for a Work Permit as a skilled worker though, you will need to have an employment offer from Canada before proceeding to apply. What qualifications or skills do you have?
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2009
Good info there.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Treetop20(m): 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2009
davidylan:

That's because you didnt properly read the documentation. What you submitted was a preliminary document that places you on a waiting list that can take donkey yrs. The only people allowed to fill the main form and are sure of getting visas (if they pass the 67 point score) are those who are either legal residents in Canada or the US (for at least 1 yr).

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2009
debosky:

Do not use any immigration consultants. The guides and forms on www.cic.gc.ca are sufficient for you to make your application and get your skilled worker visa. Let me give you one piece of advice - if you are emigrating to Canada, be prepared to go back to school. Don't go there expecting to get some fancy job immediately (though it can happen).

100% accurate
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 17, 2009
Shuoo!! Must he go back to school? Na by forkce?
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by lumidii: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2009
funso77:

Hotstepper, good afternoon. I am really interested in immigrating to Canada before the year runs out and all my hands has been on deck ever since. I came across a website: www.immigrationexpert.com, who helps with immigration matters but i do not know how authentic they, i mean legitimate. Can you also further shed more light on the Canadian Skilled immigration Visa Process. I have the form but according to details from the www.cic.gc.ca (another site) proposes that i have to be employed by a canadian firm or individual before i can process the visa. Basically, i can finance my travelling but i do not want to come over and be redundant there thereby settling for a lot less than what i have already envisioned. Or can you help me out if i can forward my c.v to you for applications. i have even been on recruitment agencies in canada's database, but nothing come up yet. my name's ayo and you can reach me on my addy: ayoosuntokun@yahoo.com. All information is welcomed. appreciate ur help.

Funso77: Someone tried to point you in the right direction by suggesting you visit the cic canada website, there is a wealth of info on that site, and you'll be amazed at what you will discover. There is now a list of 38 occupations which are eligible for the Federal skilled worker scheme, and the prescribed timeframe for completion of the whole process is under a year. You only need a year's work experience on any of the list of 38 to be eligible, so have a look on the site. Its really sad that our folks are so lazy in researching, that they'd just go act on what anyone tells them. The FSW scheme was revamped late last year, and yet some people are still forwarding applications to Accra instead of Sydney NS! You also have the Provincial Nominee programmes to look into, and then there's Quebec Selection Stream, and other temporary migrant schemes like student, live-in-caregiver, temporary worker etc. You have so many options, do not despair.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by lumidii: 7:51pm On Mar 21, 2009
cnonyechi:

no i posted it myself thru dhl

cnonyechi: Sorry to hear that your application got returned. Please familiarise yourself with cic canada site, before despatching your package to Sydney NS, there is comprehensive guide without which you cannot fill-in the forms without making errors. I shall send the links to you for you to see, and the latest forms too, chances are if you sent your package to Ghana then its also likely that you were also using outdated forms. One of the reasons the accra visa office is so slow is because of the sheer amount of invalid/incorrect applications it has to deal with due to applicants not having access to information.

Another error so many people make is not ensuring they get a draft denominated in CAD, some just settle for USD once their bank says no, and send the USD equivalent in bankers draft to Sydney - and then the application gets returned which then sets them back by two-three months. The links are below, so that anybody else interested can benefit from it, and if the moderator yanks it off - i shall send it your e-mail.

The forms are below

And here are the forms for you to fill out, they are four different forms in all.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_3e.pdf
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by lumidii: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2009
davidylan:

Err, Sir, you are off the mark on this one. Under the new revised system, it is the aim of the cic to ensure new applications are brought to completion within 6-12months regardless of the locality of the visa office involved. The Minister issued a statement late last year, shortly before the FSW revision got publicised, the Govt have been informed by labour leaders that their immigration promotion has to be targeted towards those sectors in which there is a shortage of skilled manpower - hence the list of 38 occupations came about. The canadian job market is very dynamic, hence the reason for there to be a responsive immigraton policy targeting immediate needs, the whole process will be pointless if visa offices take upwards of two yrs to issue PR visas to applicants adjudged to have been eligible, as there might be no need for those skilled workers by the visas are being issued few years down the line.

Admittedly, it remains to be seen if visa offices around the world are complying with the ministerial instructions, as it is only a few months yet, but from what i havee seen so far - Accra visa office is doing very well in this regard. I've seen a few people make considerable progress within January and now, and the visa office responsible for their application is accra. CPC Sydney, in cases i've seen, takes less than a month to acnowledge applications, and forward the files to visa offices around the world. Some have gotten to the medicals stage just between january and now, and that is as fast you would experience anywhere in the world.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by cnonyechi(f): 9:47am On Mar 23, 2009
lumidiii thnks so much we actually need encouraging and enlightened people like u.i sw ur mail hav gone thru and filled the forms still waitin 2 see if i cn raise d draft in usd.b4 friday i will definitely send d forms thru dhl to sydney ns.am very grateful pls if u av any more info 4 me i will appreciate it.thanks.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by omisore: 11:24am On Mar 23, 2009
lumidii, please can we chat i need to ask you some questions about canada.tomicares2004@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by phantom(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2009
Lumidii,hi,sorry i want to find out is it true you can sponsor your relatives on the highly skilled visa cos my sis and her fiancee applied from the uk about 4months ago.hes been asked to bring some other documents within 120days.So wat do u think about the prognosis?
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by dayo23(f): 9:53am On Apr 18, 2009
pls i am presently writting my ssce waec,i want to study in canada by january,pls sir i need info on low tuition fees universities, soccer scholarships, and other important information.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2009
Uhm.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by lumidii: 8:02am On May 04, 2009
phantom:

Lumidii,hi,sorry i want to find out is it true you can sponsor your relatives on the highly skilled visa cos my sis and her fiancee applied from the uk about 4months ago.hes been asked to bring some other documents within 120days.So wat do u think about the prognosis?

Sorry for the late response. I do not frequent N'Land. Your Sister is progressing in the FSW application. Since you say she applied 4months ago, it then implies that her field must be in one of the list of 38 qualifying occupations. The initial stage is processed in Sydney NS Canada, where application forms only are assessed for payments, eligibility and completeness, and invalid ones are returned to the applicant. It appears your sister's aplication has been deemed eligible, so the CiC will send her file electronically to the local visa office responsible for her country of residency or citizenship, and she will be sent a Notice of Assessment, along further instructions to forward a full application consisting of the initial forms along with the NOA, and visa office specific suporting documentation within 120days to the local visa office. I believe this is the stage your sister is at.

Upon submission of the documents, the local visa office(UK or Accra) will then review the application for eligibility under criterias such as education, proof of funds, adaptability, work experience, language proficiency in Eng or french, age etc. At this stage, the applicant may or may not be called for interview, depending on the circumstances of the applicant. They always endeavour to make decisions based on the picture the applicant has painted in the submissions, and in most cases interviews are waived, but they may also ask for more info/docs or even call one up at a later stage. It is always a good idea to apply for what they call a CAIPS notes whenever one is invited for an interview, as that gives one a snapshot of the processes the application has gone thru, and the reasons why the CiC officer has called one up for an interview, and that enables one to be equipped having seen the case thru the eyes of the caseworker.

This is then followed by security checks and medical requests, a majority of those who get medical requests are almost through - once the med results are deemed okay. The next stage is the Passport Request, and the payment of the Right of PR fees by applicant and spouse. All approved applicants have a year from their date of medical exams to land in Canada as the COPR always carry a one year expiry date from the date of the medical examination. In cases where the process is not completed 12months after the medicals, medicals will have to be retaken.

In a nutshell, your sister is doing fine, and she could be a Canadian Permanent resident by December under the the new scheme.

Applicants can include their spouse and dependants in their applications, but only applicants, spouse and legal children will be issued PRs. Other members of the family can only be sponsored under different categories like Family class or Provincial Nominee streams, but it is always imortant to include them in the forms for additional family information.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by SOTAJ: 10:22pm On May 08, 2010
@ lumidii

The way and manner you give advices to people on issues relating to Migrating to Canada is highly commendable.

Please can u shed some more light on the initial fee payment for the Canadian highly skilled Wokers' Visa application (the amount and mode of payment).

I have actually gone through the website (www.cic.gc.ca) but did not really get the amount. I keep mixing the processing fee with the application fee. Hence, I need somebody that has ample knowlegde or that has gone through the process already.

NB: I AM APPLYING FOR MYSELF AND MY SPOUSE
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by Roric: 8:05am On Jun 03, 2011
Big thanks to you all 4 d contribution.
Re: Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application by ace76: 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2011
I did same in 2007, it takes abt 80 months for the processing except you've applied for the newly introduced provincial fast track application/programmes. My recent contact with them reveals my application is still awaiting processing which i guess would be done soonest since its almost 5yrs now. So BE PATIENT!

Dana Air Extends Akwa United Sponsorship Deal…congratulates Nigerians / Photos From TECNO Camon X Tour Across Nigeria / The City Of Dar Es Salaam In Tanzania

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71