Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled) (1971 Views)

See The Difference Between AMOLED And LCD Smartphone Displays / Do You Know The Difference Between AMOLED And HD IPS Screen Displays? / Samsung Galaxy J2 Budget Friendly Super AMOLED Display Phone Official launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled) by aktem(m): 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
for those who have seen phones with ips&amoled display........will HD(amoled) dislpay b better than FHD(ips)......contributions pls.
Re: Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled) by kazzonline: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
aktem:
for those who have seen phones with ips&amoled display........will HD(amoled) dislpay b better than FHD(ips)......contributions pls.

Amoled is king od displays. Thou some people argue about oversaturation but to me and my eyes amoled js king

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled) by samsard(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmm, i would go for the FHD IPS but AMOLED screens are just burriful. The colours seem to pop out of the screen.
Re: Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled) by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
@Op, From your question, I think you are a bit confused. You are kinda mixing things up. When you talk about FHD, HD, QHD,etc you are actually talking about display resolution size here. FHD = 1080p, HD = 720p, QHD = 1440p etc. But when you talk of IPS, AMOLED, LCD etc. You are talking about display technologies. Hence, you can get IPS screens in various resolutions and same goes for AMOLED too. So, now I have explained it, can you re-phrase your question?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled) by oyewolestephen(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
I have used both.and i can really say IPS screen is far better than amoled screen.the former offer vibrant colours and wide viewing of angle,though it consume more battery compare to amoled, it also make smaller text visible when viewing web pages. finally, sunlight readability is superb.But the later oversaturate colours, viewing white in amoled looks yellowish however black level are very deep.text is not so that sharp compare to ips. It consume less battery, moreover sunlight readability is below average.So go for FHD IPS you will really love it.
Re: Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled) by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 23, 2015
Displaymate.com is where you can get your answer

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Dead Body Found In Apple Headquarter In California / Tecno M3 - sold... / New Ios Need Help Adding My Debit Card For Payment Method

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.