Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" (3572 Views)

EFCC Moves Against Diezani’s Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Photo: Victor Ndoma-Egba And Buhari In A Handshake In 1984 And 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I have no problem with them going for whitey or mulatos, but the problem is how they treat the babes, meanwhile they would have maltreated some sisters if they ever have one, i guess it is all about inferiority.

Yeah. it's about inferiority. Too many black people feel inferior to white people. They will succumb to every desire of white people. Its been that way for a long time and its not changed.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Fhemmmy: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2009
JustGood:

Yeah. it's about inferiority. Too many black people feel inferior to white people. They will succumb to every desire of white people. Its been that way for a long time and its not changed.

And i am sure it will never change.
See Uncle OJ Simpson? we have too many OJs in our bros
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JJYOU: 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2009
you guys are something else. everyday NL is filled with horror stories of nigerian men and women ill treating one another in relationships.

how does marrying white people disturb you? the same you calling white police racists said this nonsence about white women on another thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242860.32.html

Ok so the thread is about you Huh

Just so you know, American women are western women!
If you lived in London as you claimed, you will know that white women fall over themselves to taste black men . . . oh maybe you just restricted to the Nigerian community in Peckham (as I already told you, you need to go out and mix a little more).

If you really understand English language, please show me where I have said it is okay for anyone to decieve another. Are you a woman by any chance? Just trying to be the winner in every discussion even by twisting things.

while you're at it, can I ask you why you think it is good for a girl to be stupid and to date married men?
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by tpia: 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2009
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2009
JJYOU:

you guys are something else. everyday NL is filled with horror stories of nigerian men and women ill treating one another in relationships.

how does marrying white people disturb you? the same you calling white police racists said this nonsence about white women on another thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242860.32.html

Are you okay? How exactly are these related?
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by lucabrasi(m): 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2009
like one of the contributors said obama better be wary if he ventures anywhere near chesire lol, i certainly will be very careful anytime i pass through that area from now on
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Sauron1: 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2009
Ibime:

You guys are painting a false picture here.

I will defend the UK cos I'm from the UK.

I have travelled extensively to almost all continents and the UK is the most tolerant country to live in.

If you dress like a hoodie or chav and have a bad attitude or a complex, what the hell do you expect?

Before yarning dust, guys should name a more tolerant country outside Black Africa.

U make a lotta sense, hombre.
I cannot believe American residents are shooting their mouthz off about racism.
The UK is the most tolerant country on the face of this planet by a country mile. . . . . .
Black people are always comfortable to play the race card whenever they misbehave. . . .What was Anichebe doing oitside the window looking like a thief in the night. He deserved the treatment and he should blame himself for looking like a street urchin.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by davidif: 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2009
What was Anichebe doing oitside the window looking like a thief in the night. He deserved the treatment and he should blame himself for looking like a street urchin.

SAURON, he doesn't look like a street urchin to me, what are you?? a lover of all things white? I am guessing you are one of those people Malcolm X refered to as the house Negro. In the US we call people like you Uncle Tom. You really seem to be suffering from inferiority complex, always kissing the white man's ass. I am sure you are one of those people who would have justified apartheid (let us live on there own and let them live on there own). By the way, if the UK is the most tolerable country by a mile why don't you have a black PM? we have our own President where is you people's own. Nonsense.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by MrCrackles(m): 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2009
davidif:

SAURON, he doesn't look like a street urchin to me, what are you?? a lover of all things white? I am guessing you are one of those people Malcolm X refered to as the house Negro. In the US we call people like you Uncle Tom. You really seem to be suffering from inferiority complex, always kissing the white man's ass. I am sure you are one of those people who would have justified apartheid (let us live on there own and let them live on there own). By the way, if the UK is the most tolerable country by a mile why don't you have a black PM? we have our own President where is you people's own. Nonsense.

LMFAO!

Relax dude, it hasnt come to this, that is Sauron's opinion, and you have to respect it!
grin
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by proudly9ja(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2009
Whether its a case of racial profiling or not, as someone who has been arrested by Nigerian police and almost locked up (but for divine intervention) on two occassions, just cos I had withdrawn money (about 20knaira) from a bank and did not want to 'settle' them, I can totally say that for those saying people should return home simply because according to them, they ''will be treated with respect'' back home, must have another thinking coming.

Back to what happened to Victor. I feel for him. Must have been an embarrasing situation. I also like the noise made on this issue. At least, they will be more careful when dealing with black people in future, at least in that area.

Meanwhile, the police have apologised, someone please tell Ehindero, I am still awaiting my own apology grin
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 6:25pm On Mar 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

U make a lotta sense, hombre.
I cannot believe American residents are shooting their mouthz off about racism.
The UK is the most tolerant country on the face of this planet by a country mile. . . . . .
Black people are always comfortable to play the race card whenever they misbehave. . . .What was Anichebe doing oitside the window looking like a thief in the night. He deserved the treatment and he should blame himself for looking like a street urchin.

This is really scary. The writer here is implying that a black man has no right to go out again? Did you see Anichebe's dressing? How exactly did he look like a street urchin?

My my my. . . when a black man gets wronged for racial profiling, so many uncle toms rise up to defend the indefensible. Even the police have said that they were in the wrong shocked
haba
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2009
As for the American folks crying racism, you live in the most racist nation on earth (Well since USA is popular, the racism is easy to spot). I think this has something to do more with age cause I lived in London when I was 13-18. It has every thing to do with age. If it was someone looking 45 and above, the cops will have no reason to harass the person. The English youths have been thugs since child labour in England stopped. It's about his age. Also it could be the shop that called the cops. I remember in Barking where me and my friends always make trouble in the mall and before the cops from the Police station opposite the mall could come, we are on a train to Plaistow. London was sweet abeg. It's ageism not racism.

Britain is the most liberal nation on earth even though the Arabs are pushing them to the edge with their Islamization and wanting Sharia law in Britain.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Sauron1: 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2009
davidif:

SAURON, he doesn't look like a street urchin to me, what are you?? a lover of all things white? I am guessing you are one of those people Malcolm X refered to as the house Negro. In the US we call people like you Uncle Tom. You really seem to be suffering from inferiority complex, always kissing the white man's ass. I am sure you are one of those people who would have justified apartheid (let us live on there own and let them live on there own). By the way, if the UK is the most  tolerable country by a mile why don't you have a black PM? we have our own President where is you people's own.  Nonsense.

U are a resident retard!!!

Anichebe coulda looked like Father Abraham for all i care. . . . .
Many Black footballers have been involved in robberies in the past and they were found GUILTY. . . .So the cops were doing their jobs.
Uncle Tom?? It shows how blurry your thinking faculty is. . . . .

U have a black President and niggers like u populate the Prison System even though statistics show you are minority.
Do a google search and see the number of blacks in UK Prisons. . . . . . .
Keep blabbing like a lobotomised ape about Obama while negroes like you are being marginalised via institutionalised racism.
One in every 9 Black males in the USA has been in Prison/ serving time. . . . .I am willing to bet u would end up in Prison before u die while u keep blabbing Obama, Obama like a mentally-deranged troglodyte.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Becomrrich: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2009
well not all white are bad. i have bad experience too, but all you need is see each person differently.
some white people are good while some are not. but all you need is see each person differently. there are good people and bad people everywhere.

Look out for the good one and stay away from the bad one. that all you need to do.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JJYOU: 10:39am On Mar 17, 2009
JustGood:

Are you okay? How exactly are these related?
you couldnt work out the link.  see if this helps

[size=18pt]Sex scandal rocks Army[/size]
• Female soldier drags commander to Defence Chief over sexual
harrasment, wrongful dismissal and detention
From AKEEB ALARAPE, IBADAN.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
• Private Adeniyi Abiodun
Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

A female soldier, Private Adeniyi Abiodun, has accused her commanding officer, a colonel, (name witheld by us) of causing her dismissal and subsequent detention for two months because she allegedly refused him sex

Just as the military authorities were battling to redeem its image over the seized allowances of some soldiers on peace-keeping mission to Sudan, another bubble burst at the weekend as a female soldier, Private Adeniyi Abiodun, cried out to the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Paul Dike, over her wrongful dismissal from the Nigerian Army for refusing sexual advances of her commanding officer.

In a petition, signed by Abiodun’s lawyer, Barrister Peters Adonu of Zion Chambers, Ibadan, copy of which was made available to Daily Sun, Abiodun not only decried her dismissal from the Army in far away Sudan but her subsequent two months detention after she had been dismissed.

Abiodun, who was part of the 3rd Batch (Chalk) of the 195 Mechanized Battalion of the United Nations African Mission in Darfur (UNAAMID), Policy and Plans Department, told Daily Sun how she was traumatized and victimized in Sudan by the commanding officer for refusing his advances in 2005, while serving at the Guards Brigade, Abuja.

“What happened was that since 2005, he has been disturbing me. Not even only me but all girls he set his eyes on. If eight girls were in the garrison, he would want to have sex with all of them. So, when he talked to me, I told him I was not interested,” Abiodun stated.

She said at a point, when the pressure was too much on her, another colonel came to her rescue and posted her to the Directorate of Army Policy and Planning, Army Headquarters, Abuja on request. But on learning about her posting, Abiodun said that her boss ordered that she be ejected from her quarters at 1a.m, saying ‘they said they gave me only 30 minutes to pack out that night’.
According to her, the timely intervention of other senior officers saved the day for her as they prevailed on the colonel to stop her illegal ejection.

She disclosed that a brief respite, however, came her way later in the year when the rampaging boss was promoted and transferred to Maiduguri. But in 2008, she was nominated for peace-keeping mission to Sudan. The nomination, which ordinarily should be a thing of joy to her, later turned sour when she got to know that her tormentor was the commanding officer of the troop.
Hardly had they landed in Sudan than her trouble started as she was posted to the trench on the order of the C.O contrary to her training as a clerical officer.

“He asked them to put me in the trench where soldiers used to watch the enemy. He posted one other lady, Nkechi and I to the trench. From the trench they put us on patrol and later the military police headquarters. Nkechi and I were the first ladies to be put on patrol which was day and night shift before the sector commander, a Senegalese, ordered that no lady should be put on night patrol again”, Abiodun added.

Her posting experiences were to be followed by other ordeals as she had to contend with the hostile environment her C.O. weaved around her. But after successfully participating in the peace-keeping mission and about a month to returning home, Abiodun’s love deal with a Nigerian police officer, DSP Oluyinka Hassan, who was also on peace-keeping mission in Sudan, led her into the trap set by the C.O.

According to her, the second-in-command to the officer in charge of her unit (O.C), invited her to his tent for a talk. But unknown to her, her newly found love police officer was also lurking around. Hardly had she entered the room of his 2-i-c than the DSP entered!

“We have come to the end of our mission. We have 11 days to go home. We had completed our mission on December 7 and incident happened on December 27. I was in full military uniform and not that they met me doing anything in the room. I know it was a set up. If they met me naked, they would have taken my photograph as evidence. But they met me fully dressed. My O.C too can testify to this”, Abiodun said.

She said the C.O had immediately convoked a board of inquiry where she was pronounced guilty and given summary dismissal. She was asked to pack her belongings from the barracks. Abiodun disclosed that she was later taken right to the military guardroom at the Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja, where she was detained for two months.

“All the way from the airport, they took me to the guardroom at Abacha Barracks. But when they dismiss somebody, they take you straight to your house to go and pack your load. In my case, they took me to the guardroom. They kept me there from December 26 to February 23. This is why I am petitioning the Chief of Defence Staff to look into my case. I worked in the Army headquarters; I know what they do to petitions like this. They will not even allow it to get to the Chief of Army Staff”, she added, which is why she had gone to the Press.

In the petition signed by her lawyers, the Defence Chief was urged to discreetly look into the matter and ensure justice is done to Private Abiodun to serve as a deterrent to other officers.
“It was the prompt intervention of the new Provost Marshal that delivered our client from her continuous imprisonment for a period of two months after she had purportedly seized to be bound by military law! We respectfully condemn this selfish and barbarous act.

“We humbly crave your indulgence to wade into this matter with the aim of conducting an unbiased investigation by calling the concerned parties to unravel the truth and reinstate our client who was maliciously dismissed from the Nigerian Army. Our client is ready to produce overwhelming evidence of persistent sexual harassment, intimidation, dehumanization and abuse.” We quite believe in you as a righteous officer and a just General”, parts of the petition read.
  http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2009/mar/17/newsbreak-17-03-2009-001.htm
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2009
damn.
there are some bounties in our midst.
it is now a crime to be black and go window shopping?

you must be shittin me. it is bad enough being black and wearing hoodie.
But this? come off it man.

Anichebe's case is blatant racism.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by blackspade(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2009
Hmm, I thought Britian was so "multicultural" and "tolerant" of others? Police must be exempt. . . .
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JJYOU: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2009
blackspade:

Hmm, I thought Britian was so "multicultural" and "tolerant" of others? Police must be exempt. . . .
THERE ARE LIMITS TO HUMAN ENDURANCE. YOU DONT ALLOW A GROUP OF MINORITY WHO DONT MEAN YOU WELL RUN RIOT IN ANY DECENT SOCIETY.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by blackspade(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2009
Why are you shouting?
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by muda1: 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2009
:-x

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dokubo Rejects Amnesty / Pictures Of Da Blast In Angwa Rukuba,jos / Delta State Host Sport Summits (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.