Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" (3571 Views)

EFCC Moves Against Diezani’s Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Photo: Victor Ndoma-Egba And Buhari In A Handshake In 1984 And 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Sweetthing(f): 1:55am On Mar 13, 2009
TOYOSI20:

so it now has become a CRIME?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Its pathetic to say the least abeg!!

Ask again.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Sweetthing(f): 1:58am On Mar 13, 2009
bawomolo:

this is a case of profiling whether racial or not.

very true o
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Sweetthing(f): 1:59am On Mar 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

It is pathetic, i mean what pace will a fella in a caste and severe pains have to elude the Micky Dees eating cops of UK?

Mehhn, stop jocking. This is a serious matter o.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Sweetthing(f): 2:07am On Mar 13, 2009
debosky:

It's racial. How can a guy in a cast be trying to case a shop?

Why should they handcuff someone during questioning? Bullshit if you ask me - it was definitely racial.
Let them handcuff Gerrard and Carragher that way first. angry

Definately and there is just no justification for it, They won't dare try it to British Black Footballers. Funny enough, if he was on the wrong side of the law, the police would have recognised him straight away. Why they didn't recognise him first time buffles me.

Imagine what would have happened if it was an ordinary citizen like me or you? nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Sweetthing(f): 2:12am On Mar 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

I do man, but that thing in me just feel they over reacted based on what the fellas looked like

Spate of robberies in Chesire my ass!

If i was some white middle aged looking aristocrat with a classy lady by my side, looking in the mirror of a jeweller at Knutsford, will i nicked?

NAH!

If they knew it was Anichebe, they prolly wont jump on them straightaway, but the sensors in them triggered bleeping NIGGAS, GET EM
grin

Very funny yet true.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by MrCrackles(m): 2:25am On Mar 13, 2009
Sweetthing:

Very funny yet true.

You know! cheesy
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by ikeyman00(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2009
sauron

u such a funni folk, just pray u never fall in the hand of those racist police, till then u know whats up!

now forget what u picture in TV, guess those one are under camera right, well i say u watch 2 much tv

ur style of argument is what kolojunkie-man was once like

as for theose gays, like i said they should leave nigeria now!
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by ilaugh1: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2009
My family friend's boy who is only ten was followed as he walked on the street in London by two police men, the little boy got scared, ran, they followed him, stopped him and started questioning him - can you imagine - a ten year old??
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by davidif: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2009
It's hard being black out there. Come back to Naija where your respect will be fully guaranteed.

aloy.emeka, yes o, some years ago when Ariel Sharon was PM of Israel and there was a percieved wave of anti-semitism in France, the man called on all Jews in France to come back to Israel and the French govt. was pissssssed. They had to condemn the man. For African man, wetin he fit do than to stay kampe and swallow the maltreatment. Can't you see what goes on in China or other parts of Europe to blacks.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Lagosboy: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2009
Liverpool city is f*king racist place, Damn the scoucies!!
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2009
Its the worst thing to be a black man in UK (especially scotland) and some parts of America.

The police would have immediately ascertained Anichebe's identity yet he was arrested and taken to the police station. It says a lot.

Is any black man mad enough to trust the police in the UK?
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2009
Lagosboy:

Liverpool city is f*king racist place, Damn the scoucies!!

Calm down. . . it's not just Liverpool. It's everywhere in the UK
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Ibime(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2009
You guys are painting a false picture here.

I will defend the UK cos I'm from the UK.

I have travelled extensively to almost all continents and the UK is the most tolerant country to live in.

If you dress like a hoodie or chav and have a bad attitude or a complex, what the hell do you expect?

Before yarning dust, guys should name a more tolerant country outside Black Africa.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by cold(m): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2009
Ibime:

I have travelled extensively to almost all continents and the UK is the most tolerant country to live in.

If you dress like a hoodie or chav and have a bad attitude or a complex, what the hell do you expect?

Before yarning dust, guys should name a more tolerant country outside Black Africa.

u don't even have to go that far.Wld he have been better treated by the Nigerian police?U're treated wit more respect by the police in the Uk than in 9ja.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2009
cold:

u don't even have to go that far.Wld he have been better treated by the Nigerian police?U're treated wit more respect by the police in the Uk than in 9ja.

vey wrong comparison. The Nigeria Police just dont know how to treat human beings. Its different from the british Police who treat you different simply because of the colour of your skin.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2009
Ibime:

It's not a false picture.

B T W you're not the only one from Britain here
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by MrCrackles(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2009
JustGood:

It's not a false picture.

B T W you're not the only one from Britain here

Hehe!!

Nor mind IBIME, getting carried away with his RED PASSPORT

Yo IBIME, cool off, we Brit too but dont need to hype it
! grin cheesy
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by cold(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2009
JustGood:

vey wrong comparison. The Nigeria Police just dont know how to treat human beings. Its different from the british Police who treat you different simply because of the colour of your skin.

I don't think it's a wrong comparison.One would expect to be safe with his own kith & kin but alas this is not the case.U don't expect to b harrased everyday by the police in the UK,i blv Anichebe's case is a one-off, though unfortunate is not a regular feature of the UK police.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Ibime(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

Hehe!!

Nor mind IBIME, getting carried away with his RED PASSPORT

Yo IBIME, cool off, we Brit too but dont need to hype it
! grin cheesy

PHOCK OFF!!!  grin
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by MrCrackles(m): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2009
Ibime:

PHOCK OFF!!! grin

Taken on the chin! grin cheesy
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by SamMilla1(m): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2009
no big deal. police cuffed me two weeks ago in near ajax stadium for being there in an odd hour. they later apologized though. i see nothing big here. they arrested gerrard last time. lampard. name them. bellamy, who is anichebe then?
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by tboy1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2009
Sam Milla:

no big deal. police cuffed me two weeks ago in near ajax stadium for being there in an odd hour. they later apologized though. i see nothing big here. they arrested gerrard [/b]last time. [b]lampard. name them. bellamy, who is anichebe then?
emmmmm not for window shopping undecided
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2009
cold:

I don't think it's a wrong comparison.One would expect to be safe with his own kith & kin but alas this is not the case.U don't expect to b harrased everyday by the police in the UK,i blv Anichebe's case is a one-off, though unfortunate is not a regular feature of the UK police.

You still dont get it? It's completely different - Nigeria Police are just incompetetent and a reflection of the Nigerian rot. The Police in the UK only treat you that way if you're black. . . you still dont get it?
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2009
Sam Milla:

no big deal. police cuffed me two weeks ago in near ajax stadium for being there in an odd hour. they later apologized though. i see nothing big here. they arrested gerrard last time. lampard. name them. bellamy, who is anichebe then?

Was Gerard falsely arrested? Was Bellamy falsely arrested?

This was not just about a wrongful arrest. It's easy to work out that the police would have known Anichebe as soon as they spoke with him at the point when they accosted him and his pal. . . they still got them to the police station.

Some people dont realise that the police is a reflection of the society (not always totally) and if the society is racist, there will be racist police officers as well. there are officers who will harrass a black guy and go away to have a laugh about how scared the guy was and such things. I know what I'm saying but there's no need to go into too much here
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JJYOU: 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2009
JustGood:

You still dont get it? It's completely different - Nigeria Police are just incompetetent and a reflection of the Nigerian rot. The Police in the UK only treat you that way if you're black. . . you still dont get it?
mmmmmmmm is that really true? some white boys get worse deal from the police as you must know.

there are tribalist police in nigeria too. if you were a british police knowing how most black boys his age behave what would you do? why do some of you always call white people racist whereas you inflict worse prejudice on your own kind in the name tribal or ethnic differences.

most of us need to heed what john howard of australia said to the moslem brigade
"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

there are laws of the land. if you choose to behave suspiciously any where in this land the law enforcement agents have rights to question you. if we dont like it the airports are open 24/7.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2009
JJYOU:

mmmmmmmm is that really true? some white boys get worse deal from the police as you must know.

there are tribalist police in nigeria too. if you were a british police knowing how most black boys his age behave what would you do? why do some of you always call white people racist whereas you inflict worse prejudice on your own kind in the name tribal or ethnic differences.

most of us need to heed what john howard of australia said to the moslem brigade
there are laws of the land. if you choose to behave suspiciously any where in this land the law enforcement agents have rights to question you. if we dont like it the airports are open 24/7.

First off, the fact that you quote the well known racist John Howard tells me something

Could you answer the question Anichebe put to the officers please:
I asked the officers if they would have taken the action they did had I been white rather than black

Does the fact that there are tribalist within the Nigeria Police make it right for the British Police to be racist na wa o

So if Anichebe was white, would he have got the same deal for window shopping?
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JJYOU: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2009
JustGood:

First off, the fact that you quote the well known racist John Howard tells me something

Could you answer the question Anichebe put to the officers please:

Does the fact that there are tribalist within the Nigeria Police make it right for the British Police to be racist na wa o

So if Anichebe was white, would he have got the same deal for window shopping?
you bet he would. you know very well people who rob those types of shops always do window shopping before doing the robbery. you dont know how to police the streets better than the police so stop complaining. we get more harased by the nigerian police than this. it is not the end of the world.

i worked in the west end for 18yrs. i saw white peole being stop and searched almost weekly. why must seperate laws be put in place for black people and nigerians for that matter?
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 1:50pm On Mar 13, 2009
JJYOU:

you bet he would. you know very well people who rob those types of shops always do window shopping before doing the robbery. you dont know how to police the streets better than the police so stop complaining. we get more harased by the nigerian police than this. it is not the end of the world.

i worked in the west end for 18yrs. i saw white peole being stop and searched almost weekly. why must seperate laws be put in place for black people and nigerians for that matter?

This coming even after the police have issued an apology and admitted that the cuffing and stuff was unnecessary 

No wonder they say we will never truly be liberated. We must always find a way to escuse the inexcusable as long as it is a black man that is the victim.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JJYOU: 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2009
JustGood:

This coming even after the police have issued an apology and admitted that the cuffing and stuff was necessary

No wonder they say we will never truly be liberated. We must always find a way to escuse the inexcusable as long as it is a black man that is the victim.
you know the politically correct race money money making lobby will push any button and sadly in this day and age you have to apologize for calling a black man black. so apology is not admission of guilt.

i shall leave you to continue indulging yourself. have a good weekend
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Fhemmmy: 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2009
Racism and yet when such bro wanna marry, they will marry a woman and surround themselves with all but black.
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by JustGood(m): 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Racism and yet when such bro wanna marry, they will marry a woman and surround themselves with all but black.

That sometimes gets me worried too.

Its the reason it will never stop. Our stupid boys only ever go for white women when they have money
Re: Police Arrest Black Footballer Victor Anichebe For "window Shopping Jewellery" by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2009
JustGood:

That sometimes gets me worried too.

Its the reason it will never stop. Our stupid boys only ever go for white women when they have money

I have no problem with them going for whitey or mulatos, but the problem is how they treat the babes, meanwhile they would have maltreated some sisters if they ever have one, i guess it is all about inferiority.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings / Zambian Firm To Purchase Nigerian Power Companies / Ben Murray Bruce Disqualified From Bayelsa Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.