Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? (3660 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / Post Your Laptop Problem Here / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by jayman12: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
I have an old laptop which was working perfectly before now. It has suddenly developed blue screen of death issue. Can any one advise how I fix this problem?

Laptop information:

Make: Dell Latitude E5500
Intel inside centrinio

Hard disk space (total): 74.4GB
Used Space: 59.0GB
Free Space: 15.4GB

Blue Screen of death information displayed:

Within the content of the message, one of the displayed messages as:

Stop: 0x0000000R4, (0x00000003, 0x8A0S4BE0, 0x8A054D54, 0X8060500A)

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

I have checked the fan and it works fine, I have remove one of the internal memory (the laptop has to chip memory one is 2GB and the other is 1GB) and had still the same issue.

Please help
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by anochuks08(m): 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
A couple of things can cause the blue crash screen. The hard drive and ram are the major causes. One, try removing both the memory chips (RAM). Insert one and use for a time, if problem persists, remove and replace with the other. Try the both slots. If it continues. Run hard drive check to ensure the hard drive is good with no bad clusters. Lastly, reformat the hard drive. Hope this helps.

Source: 5 years of being of a hardware engineer.
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by dedarkman(m): 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
A software wrongle installed can also cause it.u canf indout which software u instaled last
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by jayman12: 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
@anochuks08

Thanks for your response. I tried the Memory chips:

2GB chip only in Dimm A slot - starts up then blue scree occurs
2GB chip only in Dimm B slot - same thing

1GB chip only in Dimm A slot - starts up then blue scree occurs
1GB chip only in Dimm B slot - same thing

How do I check/ run hard drive to check for bad cluster.?
How do I reformat hard drive as a last resort ?
How do I ensure my files are safe and not destroyed in the process?

Thanks
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by jayman12: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
@dedarkman

Thank you. If I can only get the laptop to remain on then I can check for previously installed software which I can try deleting.

The blue screen comes up just a minute or two from when the laptop boots up to the home scree.
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by hagma37yahoocom: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
Format your system case closed....
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by anochuks08(m): 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
You can boot into Safe Mode and run a system restore. But if dont have time for all this, Just as hagma said, try reformatting your hard drive. Get a Windows XP service pack 2 CD from the market and format with it.
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by miqos02(m): 2:49am On Jun 02, 2013
@op, try to boot the laptop to safe mode. i.e as soon as you power on the laptop, press the f8 key, the following screen gives you about six options, choose 'Boot windows to safemode'
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by famoty(m): 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
Try to remove the CMOS battery for like 2 to 3 days and see what will happen.
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by makahlj2: 9:26am On Jun 05, 2013
jayman12:
Stop: 0x0000000R4,

Are you sure? Please check the error message and post it again.
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by jayman12: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
Thanks for all your contribution. I have had to resort to reinstalling the OS.
Cheers
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by Joseph91: 10:40am On Dec 10, 2014
Hey, you can get some tips on the following guide to fix the blue screen of death.
http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/fix-windows/blue-screen-of-death.html
Re: Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? by Melisace: 4:42am On Apr 28, 2016
To common blue screen of death in laptop. We can get much tools to help us. But another common issue is for laptop lost files recovery. Then we need Any Data Recovery Pro to help us.

See more on HERE.

(1) (Reply)

Quickly Get Into Your Locked Windows 7 Computer / Hp Pavilion G7 17.3 Inches 4gb Ram, 500gb Hard Disk Uk Used For Sale / How To Use My Pc Bluetooth To Browse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.