Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,212 members, 7,867,523 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

Time For Sober Reflections: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Time For Sober Reflections: (753 Views)

If She Tripping Leave That B¡tch Alone that’s Why You Never Catch A Nigga Sober / A story to make you sober.. / Sober And Hating It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time For Sober Reflections: by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 13, 2009
Foundation they say is bedrock of a house, relationships today break because people dont lay strong foundation. Some foundation are sex built, some looks, some education, some superficila love and some outrightly on pretence, some guys can go extra mile to abadon a girl who truely love them just to follow a mini skirt girl who they thought is sexy in bed, while some girls blindfoldedly follow a guys who they know dont have plans for them but just because of his looks and possessions. Today, ask urself, whats is the foundation of you relationship, Do you and ur G/B friends prays together, have a sober time of reflections, is love and God in ur relationships. You cant keep a guy/girl from promiscuity when they are addicted to it but God can do it, We can have a succesful relationship if foundations is right? The issue of heart breaks can be minimized if we set our priority rights. But at first, whatwhat were you looking for before ur next relationships? sampling or serious?, contributions are welcome
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by olanajim(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2009
The foundation of enduring relationship is sincerity. It is upon this that trust is erected. Thereafter, love come in.

I think love as is defined today is veiled name for lust.

@poster,
in your comment above, you said ladies go after men that have nothing for them. I think that is the root of the problem. The time women wait for men to plan their future for them is in the stone age. It should be mutually inclusive act and not men's chief responsibility.
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by iice(f): 9:18am On Mar 14, 2009
Ola! cheesy

Long time! smiley

@Topic, people generally cause problems for themselves.
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by Czarskit(m): 9:49am On Mar 14, 2009
Nice thread. Got me thinking. . .

Truth is, even Love fails. . . It requires a lot of trust, tolerance & understanding for it to wax strong. Love is as fragile as its strength. . .cos therein lies its weakness.

Too bad, these days Love is best imagined. Its existence lies only in flicks. Materialism has taken over instead. . . Who's to blame? Hungry 'lovers' or Greedy diggers.

I'm tired already, perhaps Love needs a break. . .
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by ariblaze(m): 11:05am On Mar 14, 2009
communication and sincerity
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2009
some guys can go extra mile to abadon a girl who truely love them just to follow a mini skirt girl who they thought is sexy in bed,

Too bad. cheesy

Now to be frank, a lot of people are not what they seem to be. Most of the time these relationships that terribly fall apart are built on a bedrock of lies. If a guy knows in his heart that he can't spend the rest of his life with a certain girl, why can't he just tell her how it is from the onset of the relationship instead of wasting her time and screaming his undying love to her. If the girl decides to remain in such, that's her palava, but his conscience is clear as she has been forewarned. Infact I will respect a man who tells me such. However, a decent girl will leave him and his delusions.

I also believe games men and women play in order to be recognised as being players or whatever childish name they've used to disguise the fact that they have serious psychological issues, should be discarded, dead and buried in their teenage years. People like that shouldn't be taken seriously even in business.

. . . my two cents.
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by oluwafemi113(m): 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2009
ok
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by CrazyMan(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2009
jojohnson:

Foundation they say is bedrock of a house, relationships today break because people dont lay strong foundation. Some foundation are sex built, some looks, some education, some superficila love and some outrightly on pretence, some guys can go extra mile to abadon a girl who truely love them just to follow a mini skirt girl who they thought is sexy in bed, while some girls blindfoldedly follow a guys who they know dont have plans for them but just because of his looks and possessions. Today, ask urself, whats is the foundation of you relationship, Do you and ur G/B friends prays together, have a sober time of reflections, is love and God in ur relationships. You cant keep a guy/girl from promiscuity when they are addicted to it but God can do it, We can have a succesful relationship if foundations is right? The issue of heart breaks can be minimized if we set our priority rights. But at first, whatwhat were you looking for before ur next relationships? sampling or serious?, contributions are welcome
Your observations makes sense. I just hope that those guilty would learn from this article.
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by olanajim(m): 11:42am On Mar 15, 2009
@stillwater,
Why do you think couples play games? Why do you think everyone seem to have replaced love with materialism? And why do you think couples change after marriage and thus begin to cheat or act strangely, contrary to what you are familiar with? Take a look at those questions and you will find further explanation to your post.

I remember, hearing many of the parents I have talked to brag about "marrying their partners, when he 'has nothing" but nowaday, you find that your partner want to know: How much you are worth; your future prospect, financially, and the size of your manhood (to a ridiculous extent). We all know that deep down in us, these "aint love" so why must we complain when it fail?

I know something about Real (NOT True) Love. Real love is NOT automatic and it appreciate with time rather than depreciate. Anything less, in my judgement, is a marriage of convinience. Contrary to most people's expectation, Real Love pass through series of crisis and also endure imperfection of the other partner, without breaking up. That is what make such tale enduring. But most of us are impatient, glutton, and insatiable. That is why we find it hard to experience Real Love.

There are basic ingredients that make Love succeed, it is when we remove the ingredients that we find that love have gone sour.

@iice,
I always asked after you from Mukina2 when I chance to come across her. Hope you are waxing stronger in health and happiness?
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by iice(f): 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2009
@Ola,
Yes oo!  Likewise for you my brotha smiley

olanajim:

I know something about Real (NOT True) Love. Real love is NOT automatic and it appreciate with time rather than depreciate. Anything less, in my judgement, is a marriage of convinience. Contrary to most people's expectation, Real Love pass through series of crisis and also endure imperfection of the other partner, without breaking up. That is what make such tale enduring. But most of us are impatient, glutton, and insatiable. That is why we find it hard to experience Real Love.

What?? You don't believe in truly deep love at first glance? grin Those 3 seconds love grin
Or those love that they don't even know the person and the person may not know that they exist, but they 'truly' and completely are in love with the person? grin
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by olanajim(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2009
No, iice, I don't believe in 3 second love. It is all a part of deceiption we created. A pure product of materialist thought. You doubt me? Let me explain with simple analogy;
How many time has our LOVE am FIRST sight protagonists experience that same surge of emotion when they come across a dirty, dishevil partner, who look like a madman?
Years ago, I had the task of explaining love to my adopted sister. I had to go through internet and read a book. It was while researching that I came across an work in psychology. It was then that I understand that what we call love at first sight, the 3 minutes love, is nothing but LUST! The paper made it clear however that most cases of love (relating to opposite sex) germinated from LUST. It concluded that it is normal to LUST after someone, to a reasonable extent.

So to your question, what you refer to love at first sight is nothing, in reality, but total LUST. We gave it that tag "Love at First Sight" to dignify it. And to differentiate it from infatuation, which is the advanced level of STUPID LUST.

Another thing to point out is that, Real Love only manifest after you have known the other person. You may or may not have seen the person before.
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by Treetop20(m): 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2009
olanajim:

The foundation of enduring relationship is sincerity. It is upon this that trust is erected. Thereafter, love come in.

I think love as is defined today is veiled name for lust.

@poster,
in your comment above, you said ladies go after men that have nothing for them. I think that is the root of the problem. The time women wait for men to plan their future for them is in the stone age. It should be mutually inclusive act and not men's chief responsibility.
i coincide with you on this
real love is not perfect infact i think it may be the hardest thing
one has to endure and put up with. real love is loving someone
wholeheartedly with their horrible flaws in tow. it will go through
a lot of shaky times sadly a lot of people tend to expect the "one"
to be perfect without any flaws which is a huge misconception
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by iice(f): 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2009
Ola angry tongue I was joking grin
But good you answered smiley
Re: Time For Sober Reflections: by olanajim(m): 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2009
@iice,
I know your stand about 3 minutes love. I know you were joking. I also know someone somewhere will have love to hear something positive about it. 3 minutes love, is a poor foundation to build a relationship on. I think it is teenage Love. That is why they are always confused when it matter most.

Regardless of the circumstance of meeting, if one or both of the partners is insincere, the outcome is heartbreak.

(1) (Reply)

Do I Quit? / My Gurlfriend Is Bent On Having A Baby For Me: / What Can I Do For My Girl-friend To Give Me Respect/fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.