Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,523 members, 7,843,610 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 (933384 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by NONNYG: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2017
odalonu12:
1) after my is visa out and my ticket paid, pls someone should list the things I need to carry along.
A) my new laptop, should I carry it?
B) food stuff like rice, garri, beans should I carry it. Won't it cost me money at the airport.
Pls iteamize the other things I should go with. Thank you all
HILCROWN has said it all. Make I just add salt to the soup.

A. Carry ur laptop cos internet is free once u pay for accommodation; unlimited browsing, streaming, every everygrin and the speed na diegrin

B. Carry all the food items except red oil unless u have wat u can use to guide urself in the airportgrin. though rice, chicken, vegetable oil is not that expensive here.

NOTE: make sure u utilize ur luggage allowance cos when u find a job, if you're lucky ur company will process ur visa without u exiting,, na dat time u go begin dey find who dey come from 9ja make him bring foodstuffs or any other item for u, wetin u go dey hear be say, SORRY MY LUGGAGE DON FULL.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justwise(m): 7:39am On Jan 23, 2017
justi4jesu:

It depends on your country of departure.

Airfrance goes to PHC and I'm sure about this.

Lufthansa goes to PHC from Newyork,Chicago, Washington D.C

KLM from London - Heathrow Airport to PHC but its not a direct flight, it goes through Amsterdam through France and you guys will be transferred into Airfrance in France and with 1 stop in Lagos before heading to PHC.

Yea that is my headache, i'm not a fan of stopovers, i have used KLM before to Lagos with a stopover at Amsterdam for about 3hrs and never liked it. Airfrance the same issue.

Thanks though
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by NONNYG: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2017
HILCROWN:

You old or new laptop

Your passport photograph (to reduce cost ni o)

Don't forget your international passport too grin

You cannot carry Palm oil or vegetable oil but I was lucky, I brought vegetable oil.

You don't need too much clothes, just bring cloth for interviews and normal clothes except you won dey go visit tourist destination

Bring your "cover-cloth" because of AC

You also need a cross-bag or handbag to move around with your CV

Come with any documents that proves you worked in any organisation. You can get any from business centre (you understand naw). In my own case, I presented my IT letter. (Though is not compulsory o). NonnyG might remember what am trying to say here.

In your CV, always put AVAILABLE ON REQUEST on the reference part. Your company might Decides to call any of the number you provided. And also know about the company you worked or claimed to work. (You sopos understand my poor English as I dey write.) After passing the interview and the interviewer promised me, they will get back to me in 3days. They called me on phone for 1hour to ask questions about the company I claimed to have worked as if na big money dem won dey pay me oo.

Please don't have one CV, have as many as possible When you enter, you go understand better. Pressure of getting work as soon possible go dey, fear of "kalas visa go dey". In my own case, after paying 700AED for accommodation for the first month, the internet was disconnected because of debt. My guys decided not to pay because they have where to go and browse. I had to plead with them and paid 300AED to reduced our room payment.

Second month, I paid 920AED because of one thing or the other but signed a contract that month when I looked at my pocket and I no won sleep staircase.

Before my employment visa could come out, payment for the third month is before me, I had to plead with #23k Ieft in my Nigeria account. I made him understand I still have to pay for OMAN ticket (520aed). I left the place 2days after my visa-exchange.

Please go for hepatitis test before coming o. One Pakistani guy was cancelled and sent back home 5days ago. Nothing will do you my brother.

Be careful with all cab drivers, the driver that took me from back of Sahara centre to Jumeriah went away with my handbag containing HARD CURRENCY, replaceable and inreplaceable items. I called RTA to give them my pick-up point and drop-off point and amount paid, after some hours the reply by text that the driver said no bag found in his car. How I survived the first month at work is only by the grace of God.

Lastly, keep your passport oooooo. I take the God you are serving beg you. You no go dey stranded for foreign land o. Nigeria embassy dey useless here o.

Let me share a testimony here. A friend went for interview with his passport at hand, on getting back home. He couldn't find his passport, he was destabilized, went to police station to report. He pasted lost passport on all the walls. Few days later, he got offer letter. He signed the offer letter without informing the HR or the admin officer about the latest news. When the time for him to submit his passport for proper documentation, he broke the bad news to the admin officer because of his level of understanding.

To cut long story short, how his passport developed wings from Al-nadha to Abu-Dhabi remains unknown till today. The Admin Officer drove him to ABDhabi, pleaded with the claimed founder of the passport with 2300AED.

Keep your passport oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If possible bring like 16 copies of passport with white background, cos passport is very expensive here, 8 copies is more than 2k in my hood, the passport i use for my CV na my guy use his phone snap me o, na so i do copy & paste. It was when my companied needed 12 copies I had to go photo studio.

Bring a supporting document as a prove of ur previous place of work, before my visa was processed, the HR where I work sent a mail to the company I claimed to have worked with in Nigeria, asking for my position, my salary, reason for leaving and any possibility of employing me back if need be. No be small matter.

Do all the required test b4 applying for visa, cos once your schedule for medical is booked, to sleep be wahala. I know of one 9ja girl dat was sent home cos she didn't pass medical, wat a pity, she's my very good friend and her salary is above 200k with free food, transportation & accommodation.

Lastly ur passport, guide it as if ur life depends on it, when i landed in UAE, I spent 2 days in Diera, I wanted to swallow my passport o, to make sure it's safe.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by cutieme(m): 7:55am On Jan 23, 2017
@odalonu12,you never enter UAE,u Don dey enter ghost mood abi,i ask you how much and links for that 3months tourist visa, you dey bone me no yaw a God dey.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by NONNYG: 8:02am On Jan 23, 2017
europe4sure:

is your authenticated certs instrumental to you securing the job you are doing right now
just an insight pls
u wan know if I dey do menial job abigrin
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 8:10am On Jan 23, 2017
justwise:
@justi4jesu

Do you know any foreign airline that goes to PH?

Yeah

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2017
My people , my people ...I greet y'all

Jah bless !!!
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 8:13am On Jan 23, 2017
Incase you miss Jute Mallow also known as EWEDU or u don't eat okra like me and you are eating your semolina with ordinary stew

You can walk into LULU or any of the Hyper markets and ask for MOLOKIA

Don't be surprised when you are given a packet already freezed. It is Ewedu, you don't need Potash to make it draw, but if you need Locust Beans (IRU), Call me

1kg is 40aed grin grin grin

Life of a Bachelor

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 9:16am On Jan 23, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Yea that is my headache, i'm not a fan of stopovers, i have used KLM before to Lagos with a stopover at Amsterdam for about 3hrs and never liked it. Airfrance the same issue.

Thanks though

You are welcome.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by HILCROWN(m): 10:47am On Jan 23, 2017
europe4sure:

this your write up is a gold mine to us here ...thanks for the injection, nourishment , embellishment ,turtle ledge and fertilization of this thread and most importantly your precious time.

pls is your authenticated certs instrumental to you securing the job you got ?

Baba this your question dey somehow but I go try answer am.

No and Yes.

No, the company am working with did not request for my certificate at all, they only requested for my experience certificate which as a Lagos boy.... blablabla.

Yes, I got a better offer after 2weeks of joining my present company but to avoid labour ban. I remain loyal with my present company. They requested for everything, even scan the receipt joined.

My best advice is for you to do all necessary thing before coming. The funny part in my own case is that they made a mistake. They stamped my original certificate, I had to pay another fee, hotel fee etc to get the photocopy stamped because I cannot drop my original certificate with anybody. Though stamped photocopied certificate is the normal procedure.

Don't look at the money, do all necessary things before coming. Consider the cost of sending your ORIGINAL certificate back home. (Whether DHL or anyhow) is expensive o and risky. Just do it.

One more thing. If you are on medication, get your drugs with receipt before coming o. Is expensive here ooo. Get receipt for it with proper specifications and put it in your HAND luggage should Incase any questions might arise.

I followed Abuja Airport, I have no wahala with immigration because na my second time of coming be that. I only wet the ground with #2000. After I opened my handbag, the NDLEA saw the drug and asked questions, I confidently answered him and showed him the receipt. He then asked why I flew through abuja while based in Lagos. I gave him simple and short answer. "Abuja route is the cheapest so far and I want to experience the atmosphere here as this is not my first time of traveling to UAE". He then ordered me to go inside their office, I stood on a machine to check whether I carried or was on narcotic whatever. I was just laughing. After passing the test, he asked for ROGER and I checked my handbag. I gave them the last money with me. (Not up to #700).

Lastly don't put you breakable items like laptop in your travellers bag o. Put it in your hand luggage or you properly packaged am, the way they throw bags for Nigeria airport go fear you oooooo. Shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by europe4sure(m): 11:08am On Jan 23, 2017
HILCROWN:

Baba this your question dey somehow but I go try answer am.

No and Yes.

No, the company am working with did not request for my certificate at all, they only requested for my experience certificate which as a Lagos boy.... blablabla.

Yes, I got a better offer after 2weeks of joining my present company but to avoid labour ban. I remain loyal with my present company. They requested for everything, even scan the receipt joined.

My best advice is for you to do all necessary thing before coming. The funny part in my own case is that they made a mistake. They stamped my original certificate, I had to pay another fee, hotel fee etc to get the photocopy stamped because I cannot drop my original certificate with anybody. Though stamped photocopied certificate is the normal procedure.

Don't look at the money, do all necessary things before coming. Consider the cost of sending your ORIGINAL certificate back home. (Whether DHL or anyhow) is expensive o and risky. Just do it.

One more thing. If you are on medication, get your drugs with receipt before coming o. Is expensive here ooo. Get receipt for it with proper specifications and put it in your HAND luggage should Incase any questions might arise.

I followed Abuja Airport, I have no wahala with immigration because na my second time of coming be that. I only wet the ground with #2000. After I opened my handbag, the NDLEA saw the drug and asked questions, I confidently answered him and showed him the receipt. He then asked why I flew through abuja while based in Lagos. I gave him simple and short answer. "Abuja route is the cheapest so far and I want to experience the atmosphere here as this is not my first time of traveling to UAE". He then ordered me to go inside their office, I stood on a machine to check whether I carried or was on narcotic whatever. I was just laughing. After passing the test, he asked for ROGER and I checked my handbag. I gave them the last money with me. (Not up to #700).

Lastly don't put you breakable items like laptop in your travellers bag o. Put it in your hand luggage or you properly packaged am, the way they throw bags for Nigeria airport go fear you oooooo. Shikena

thank you plenty plenty bro..i just ask to justify the money wey i no get authenticate my certs to no how i no go miss opportunities because of am
once again tanks!!!
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by europe4sure(m): 11:20am On Jan 23, 2017
NONNYG:
u wan know if I dey do menial job abigrin

bros no be so o!! i ask because money no won gree me do my own certs authentication so i wan no may be e go delay job opportunity which i cant afford because i no go lie you na family osusu i wan borrow come u.a.e wey i must return with interest before dem send our ancestors find me come u.a.e
so u don see reason wey i say i won no wetin dey talk for inside radio !
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by AreaFada2: 11:53am On Jan 23, 2017
justi4jesu:

You are welcome.

J4Jesu good day.

Please can we discuss about UAE? Thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
AreaFada2:

J4Jesu good day.

Please can we discuss about UAE? Thanks.

That's the purpose of this thread Sir.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by AreaFada2: 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
justi4jesu:

That's the purpose of this thread Sir.

Thanks Justi.

I intend to come to UAE to visit and see things for myself, even if just for a week or so. Before sending a younger cousin currently in 9ja to try his luck in Dubai.
He finished his postgrad a wile ago. He has very limited work experience. As you know good jobs are hard to secure in 9ja. What would be your advise regarding where to start? In particular, how much should he have to sustain him pending job search?

I have read most of the pages here on this thread over the last couple of years but I guess things change a bit from time to time.

Cheers Justi.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by obatuntun1(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Abegi, wat d meaning of dis word "menial jobs" cos its seem d word is trending fast now on dis forum..... Some jobs need to b removed on dat list or we categorised them by their pay.

what will u call a cleaning job of 7hours paying 3,000AED(yes 3k) with or without accommodation? Bartenders earning 4k?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by NONNYG: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
europe4sure:

bros no be so o!! i ask because money no won gree me do my own certs authentication so i wan no may be e go delay job opportunity which i cant afford because i no go lie you na family osusu i wan borrow come u.a.e wey i must return with interest before dem send our ancestors find me come u.a.e
so u don see reason wey i say i won no wetin dey talk for inside radio !
oh, if that is the case, as I'm talking to u now, my BSc is still in my school, My school na weyrey I never collect am, My cert wasn't ready when I was about travelling, and I can't waste money to authenticate statement of result, So I only came with my WAEC & statement of result, both were not authenticated. When I go for my vacation, I will get my cert and authenticate both, I once made inquiry about doing it here, the price is around 200k. My advice for u is, if u have the money , do it, if u don't have, bone am.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by odalonu12: 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sorry my guys, while will I bone you. I was busy sha. To ur question, I don't know the agent, but the deputy commissioner of police of calabar is the one dealing with the agent directly. He charge 350k for 3 months tourist visa. That it will be out in 3days
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by cutieme(m): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
pls link me to the person @odalonu12
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by odalonu12: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
I don't know him myself, I only get info from the commissioner.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by europe4sure(m): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
NONNYG:
oh, if that is the case, as I'm talking to u now, my BSc is still in my school, My school na weyrey I never collect am, My cert wasn't ready when I was about travelling, and I can't waste money to authenticate statement of result, So I only came with my WAEC & statement of result, both were not authenticated. When I go for my vacation, I will get my cert and authenticate both, I once made inquiry about doing it here, the price is around 200k. My advice for u is, if u have the money , do it, if u don't have, bone am.

thank you bro...i appreciate the quick response
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by wolemine: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
odalonu12:
I don't know him myself, I only get info from the commissioner.

Bros,please can you kindly link me with the commissioner cos i need the 90 days visit visa ASAP. Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by odalonu12: 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
Am sorry I can't, I don't even call him, except he calls to tell me something. U can't jus call people like dat, there should be some sort of formal introduction in person. He is a commissioner of police, they are security concious

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by sirchex112: 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
My good People in Qatar, Pls i need clarification on some issues and i will be grateful if anyone with good information can be of help.
is it possible to change one month Qatar Visitors Visa to Working visa without exit the country?. Because i intend to work and live in Qatar and people had been suggesting that getting a visitors visa is better and it reduces cost. i have go through this tread and nothing had been said as regards changing status of Qatar Visa.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Femcesc07(m): 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
NONNYG:
At the bold, baba please clarify it because of those that didn't use WAEC but use NECO, NABTEB or the likes
Shey other O'level results are not acceptable in UAE ni
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Valclint(m): 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nigerian Embassies are just useless everywhere. Please does anyone know someone who base in Kenya and is willing to assist? Thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by whocanbewho(m): 12:15am On Jan 24, 2017
NONNYG:

If possible bring like 16 copies of passport with white background, cos passport is very expensive here, 8 copies is more than 2k in my hood, the passport i use for my CV na my guy use his phone snap me o, na so i do copy & paste. It was when my companied needed 12 copies I had to go photo studio.

Bring a supporting document as a prove of ur previous place of work, before my visa was processed, the HR where I work sent a mail to the company I claimed to have worked with in Nigeria, asking for my position, my salary, reason for leaving and any possibility of employing me back if need be. No be small matter.

Do all the required test b4 applying for visa, cos once your schedule for medical is booked, to sleep be wahala. I know of one 9ja girl dat was sent home cos she didn't pass medical, wat a pity, she's my very good friend and her salary is above 200k with free food, transportation & accommodation.

Lastly ur passport, guide it as if ur life depends on it, when i landed in UAE, I spent 2 days in Diera, I wanted to swallow my passport o, to make sure it's safe.
your insight has been very helpful. But incase the email to your previous employer was not replied, does that mean one will lose that opportunity.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by MGenius: 2:28am On Jan 24, 2017
Very good question.

Also, as advised by gurus in the house, I prepared many cvs for many positions and I found out HRs in UAE are crazy about work experience. So, I included even the companies I haven't worked for as part of my experience.

Now, what will happen if they should call to verify and receive negative answer.

Secondly, how do I go about getting documents to indicate that I have worked with those companies... Just an insight into how you took care of it @ nonny and Hillcrown.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by LEOSIRSIR(m): 5:04am On Jan 24, 2017
Required Waiter

Required WAITER for a restaurant in Sharjah
– males only
– in your e-mail applications, kindly put WAITER on SUBJECT

Industry: Hotels/Restaurant
Career: Entry Level
Job Location: Sharjah
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time
Email: hr_gmi@yahoo.com

Required Accounts Coordinator

A Female Accounts Coordinator required immediately. Candidates with 1-2 years experience in Tally and fairly good communication skills, preferred.

Industry: IT/Computers – Hardware
Job Location: Dubai
Email: dzhr2014@gmail.com

We required 2 barbers for our gents salon in Sharjah urgently. Interested candidates contact only.
Regards
AA Salon

Industry: Beauty/Fitness
Career: Mid Career
Salary: AED 1001-2000
Experience: 2 – 5 Years
Email: ahm2u@yahoo.co.uk

Immediate hiring for Auto Mechanic

Immediate hiring for Auto Mechanic
Age 25-30 years old
Take initiative to work independently
Good English Communication Skills
Interested candidates please send your cv to hrmanager16123@gmail.com

Industry: Automobile

PROJECT MANGER REQUIRED

Must have 15+years of experience in the same field.

Industry: Construction
Job Location: Abu Dhabi
Experience: 10 – 15 Years
Email: jesan.twamhr@hotmail.com

Logistic Coordinator Required

Looking for a Logistic Coordinator for a company based in Dubai,should have 1-2 years of experience in the construction industry. Candidates meets the given criteria may send their resume uaehrjobs2016@gmail.com

Driver Cum Technicians Required

Required Driver with valid UAE Licence cum Technicians from any field for a Fitout Company in Dubai send CV to rojidxb@gmail.com

Salary: AED 2001-3000
Experience: Less than 1 Year
Email: rojidxb@gmail.com

Required DHA license / eligibility

Pharmacy
Qualification : Education and Training. Pharmacists must earn a Pharmacy Degree from an accredited college or school of pharmacy.
Current license in country of origin with DOH and MOH license .
Required DHA license / eligibility
Experience : At least two (2) years experience in a hospital as a pharmacist.
Thorough knowledge of MOH and DHA policies and regulations regarding pharmaceuticals , please contact with fresh CV.

Industry: Health Care
Salary: AED 10001-15000
Email: mohammad72590@gmail.com

QUANTITY SURVEYOR/ESTIMATOR/PROCUREMENT REQUIRED ( JOINERY COMPANY)

Qualification required:
Applicant must have an experience 2 to 4 yrs in the specified field.
Preferably Bachelor Degree Of Engineering

Email: jep1120@gmail.com

Required Mechanical Estimation Engineer

A Leading Electromechanical Company in Dubai requires Mechanical Estimation Engineer With minimum 4 years’ Gulf experience in MEP Contracting Company.Should be Bachelor of Mechanical Engineer. U.A.E.Candidates meeting the above criteria may send CV with latest photograph to dxbhr2105@gmail.com

Industry: Engineering
Email: dxbhr2105@gmail.com

Required Driver

Urgently require drivers having license 3 and 6 no license .
Email CV to hr@interactgroupintl.com
Candidates on Visit visa may apply.

Salary: AED 1001-2000
Email: hr@interactgroupintl.com
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by NONNYG: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2017
Femcesc07:
At the bold, baba please clarify it because of those that didn't use WAEC but use NECO, NABTEB or the likes
Shey other O'level results are not acceptable in UAE ni
like say u failed WAECgrin. No mind me jare

Ur highest qualification is always the most preferred but u can't authenticate it without ur O levels

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.