Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation (14145 Views)

Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Kolawole Oyeyem - Chapel Of Uncommon Grace (CUG) / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by ernie1234(m): 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
Churches should be careful on their financial dealings. MAMMON IS NOW THE ORDER OF THE DAY
Even the very ELECT can be deceived
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by sanmibukunmi: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
otunsman:
Where did he get the money to buy 4private jets while 90%of his congregation are living from hand to mouth?Members of a church will pay tithes for financial breakthrough only for their pastor to misappropriate it.Sheybe pastors say make their members no follow things of the world?
Abeg shut your mouth and use ur brain to think before talking....who told you winners are living from hand to mouth How manz have come to ask for your help....if u don't have anything to saz just keep quiet....

Hating is not good for your health.

2 Likes

Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by slap1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:
Hmmm wonders without end
Thats our new realm, no shaking.
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by FOREXMART(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
SarahGee:
A British agency, Charity Commission, has absolved Winners Chapel International of complicity in the alleged misappropriation of N3.4bn charity funds.

In a report published recently, the agency said Winners Chapel International, also known as World Mission Agency, demonstrated “good financial controls” for an organisation of its size.

While maintaining that the “employment of an individual who was related to the founder” generated a potential conflict, the United Kingdom-based agency said it was satisfied with the decision of the trustees in respect of the employment.

“Our review of the charity’s financial information identified minor discrepancies. However, the trustees were able to explain and resolve these. We found no evidence that N3.4bn or any other amount had been misappropriated.

“We were satisfied the charity could demonstrate good financial controls appropriate for a large and expanding charity,” said the report.

The agency said, investigations into the church’s books were launched following complaints from an “investigative journalist.”

Among other complaints, the agency investigated “the transfer of the charity’s funds to its sister organisation in Nigeria; the conduct of the charity’s founder, a pastor based in Nigeria who was (allegedly) caught on camera slapping a woman accused of being a witch across the face in front of a congregation; allegations that church members were encouraged to recruit vulnerable people into the church so they would contribute to the charity financially.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/british-agency-clears-winners-chapel-of-n3-4bn-allegation/
okay....
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by slap1(m): 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
admax:
...the path of the righteous is like a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day.
One of my pastor's (Excel Ezenwa) favorite Bible quotes.
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by VanOmiyale: 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
otunsman:
Where did he get the money to buy 4private jets while 90%of his congregation are living from hand to mouth?Members of a church will pay tithes for financial breakthrough only for their pastor to misappropriate it.Sheybe pastors say make their members no follow things of the world?
How do you know that 90% of the congregation are living from hand to mouth? I challenge you to attend any winners chapel this coming Sunday and come and give feedback on this forum. Stop misleading people because of your hatred for the church.Rather, 90% of the people attending the church are actually living large!

1 Like

Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

Abeg shut your mouth and use ur brain to think before talking....who told you winners are living from hand to mouth How manz have come to ask for your help....if u don't have anything to saz just keep quiet....

Hating is not good for your health.
ok
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
saintTim:
I just want to own a church.

That's all
Do you think owning a church guarantees prosperity, if you don't know the principle of financial prosperity even as a church owner you will remain poor, I mean very pooooooooooooooorrrrrrrr...

1 Like

Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by deb(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:
All this agents of the devil that try to put down God's faithful ministers because of envy or gain, for them is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

And for all you out there (that call yourselves Christians) who likes to talk down on God's ministers based on hearsay (because you are insecure and want to be accepted among your peers), well I can't judge you righteously only God can and He will do so.

P.S: I am not talking to unbelievers/non-christians, I am talking to the decieved Christians.

Well said
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by deb(m): 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
VanOmiyale:
How do you know that 90% of the congregation are living from hand to mouth? I challenge you to attend any winners chapel this coming Sunday and come and give feedback on this forum. Stop misleading people because of your hatred for the church.Rather, 90% of the people attending the church are actually living large!

In actual fact, if you join the church a poor man, you end up becoming very financially viable within few years. A lot becomes millionaires and purely by God's grace doing clean business. Some people need to wash their brains off deceit and stop missing out in God's grace. "hand to mouth" my foot
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Yommiefish(m): 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
cescky:
We're the haters at?

Heaven on earth...wonders without end!!

If only people understood the power of FaITH

And the Godly wisdom this man posses...nigerians would stop depending on a failed system called nigeria and depend on godly principles...but it citizens whom the god of this world has blinded the eyes of their understanding, choose to demonise him..well even Jesus was demonised by his generation what more his children

For even sceinece will testify to the power inherent in faith
Sigh..its well

It Is Well. May the Lord open our eyes to the truth.

1 Like

Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by ifedayoifedapo(f): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
D love of GOD empowers for wealth. Serving GOD pays. His wealth is a proof of his service to GOD
otunsman:
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by buccunmie(m): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
so unfortunate that the name got the attention of many people here but u couldn't figure out that it isn't Living Faith Church a.k.a Winners Chapel. make una dey read well abeg.
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by power2015: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
okay
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Sibe007(m): 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
buccunmie:
so unfortunate that the name got the attention of many people here but u couldn't figure out that it isn't Living Faith Church a.k.a Winners Chapel. make una dey read well abeg.

It actually is, thats the name with which it was registered in the UK as a registered Charity. the complaints was that they were sending money back to Nigeria as opposed to using it to do Charity related stuffs here in the UK.
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:
All this agents of the devil that try to put down God's faithful ministers because of envy or gain, for them is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

And for all you out there (that call yourselves Christians) who likes to talk down on God's ministers based on hearsay (because you are insecure and want to be accepted among your peers), well I can't judge you righteously only God can and He will do so.

P.S: I am not talking to unbelievers/non-christians, I am talking to the decieved Christians.
Keep living in darkness, why did they not name the name of the Agency that made that claim, look I live in the UK and I can see what charity organization do with funds, I will name but just a few that are smaller than the church and who earns fewer monies,The red cross, Cancer research UK,green peace ,friends of the earth etc.The reason all these came to light is that if you handle such huge sum in ur account books you are meant to pay tax however if you are registered as a charity org you are tax exempt.Can you sincerely tell me what they do with these money in the countries where they are taken from?.I think if we stop to ask questions they evil in Man would prevail.
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by erico2k2(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
ifedayoifedapo:
D love of GOD empowers for wealth. Serving GOD pays. His wealth is a proof of his service to GOD
thats true, but when you get to live in a world where you are free and equal to every other man in the eyes of man then you will change this school of thought
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by bankylan: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
otunsman:

This is what you can write when stupidity is hereditary. If 90percent lives in poverty so it is 10 percent that bought jet and still maintains the best private university in the country...Church is not poor! Only the jobless and frustrated will sound like you.

1 Like

Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by saintTim(m): 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
polymathic:
Do you think owning a church guarantees prosperity, if you don't know the principle of financial prosperity even as a church owner you will remain poor , I mean very pooooooooooooooorrrrrrrr...

I'm not poor my friend and as an easterner the principle of financial prosperity is installed in me from birth ( not a joke man)
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
slap1:
HEAVEN ON EARTH...
wonders without end
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by philiancoop(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH HEAVEN ON EARTH
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
saintTim:

I'm not poor my friend and as an easterner the principle of financial prosperity is installed in me from birth ( not a joke man)
You think its by hustling or by sacrificing humans, Oga you go tey dere... Btw!!! I'm not saying you're poor tho!!!!!
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by firstolalekan(m): 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
Jeromejnr:

[/s]
Rubbish
You're all thieves. Including your founder OLEdepo
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Jeromejnr(m): 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
firstolalekan:

Rubbish
You're all thieves. Including your founder OLEdepo

If that is what you believe then I would say..

"He without sin should cast the first stone".

Or is it because you've not stolen in the realms of millions before, so you think you are any better?.
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Dmouthed(m): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
otunsman:

I perceive u don't fear man but in the things of the servants of God, you just need to be careful. God don't play with them.

U will just use ur hand to draw curse on ur sef because of anger. Leave pastor and those who trust God hand on the alone. Only God can bless and not pastors. If u are a cchristian go and studyy your bible!
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by RealEstate36: 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
Na wa! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2015
when it comes to embezzlement, I always assume any Nigerian or Nigerian organization or Charity to be guilty before proven innocent...in this case, I still assume the charity to be guilty, somebody just knows how to clear their path well
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by saintTim(m): 12:09am On Jul 24, 2015
polymathic:
You think its by hustling or by sacrificing humans, Oga you go tey dere... Btw!!! I'm not saying you're poor tho!!!!!

U watch more of Nigerian films
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by Lucasbalo(m): 2:01am On Jul 24, 2015
omojoshy:
Amen somebody!!!

They Lord is Good, all the time grin

Let the Pastors continue to enjoy their wealth while Congregations dwell in abject poverty

God is watching!!!

Gbam. You are absolutely 100% right on point. You wonder why there are so many poor people in Nigeria . Worshipping all these charlatans.

2 Likes

Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by bezimo(m): 2:32am On Jul 24, 2015
All haters can hide themselves in shame.

God bless the Winners Chapel Worldwide
Re: British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation by tushburg(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2015
naijathings:

Bros.... The hand wey hold your remote control strong well well.

Broh dis is a monumental answer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“ GEJ To Bankrupt Nigeria” Sermon: Police Looking For Pastor Bakare / Okpalaeke: Pope Francis Tells Nigerian Christians To stop Being Tribalist / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.