Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! (24541 Views)

Meeting Of Southern Governors' Wives' Forum In Umuahia (Photos) / Photos Of Governors' Wives And High Ranking Women At Zahra Buhari's Wedding / Northern Governors Wives Visit Aisha Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by citizenisb: 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
He has been in office for less than 100 days but the office of the first lady is still vacant, as each of the two wives are claiming to be the legal occupant of the controversial office.

Hajia Aisha Bagudu and Dr. Zainab Bagudu, are both using the logo and letter headed paper of the Kebbi State office of the First Lady with their official cars carrying the insignia of the wife of the governor of Kebbi state also.

The inability of the governor to choose who will occupy the position among his two wives appears to be affecting the operations of the office of the First Lady in the state.

Dr Zainab Bagudu accompanied the governor during his pre-election campaign tours. Sources said the governor had earlier planned to appoint Zainab as the first lady considering her contributions to his campaign but was at a crossroad after the visible closeness of Hajia Aisha Bagudu to women at the grassroots came to light, especially her robust relationships with the mall ams and locals in the state.

A source in the governor’s office told Per Second News that after the swearing -in of the governor, he instructed that the letter headed paper for the office of the first lady should be printed for Zainab.

"But after His Excellency travelled to Abuja and returned, he change his mind and directed that the letter headed paper for the office of the first lady should be printed for his two wives and the decision is now generating tension in the family."

The situation is getting messier by the day as an instruction last month to the duo to proceed to the government house and choose their accommodation wing degenerated into a fisticuff between Zainab and Aisha.

A source who was present when the physical fight started said that it took the timely intervention of security aides to restrain the warring governor’s wives.

Per Second News reliably gathered that the governor was livid after he was briefed about the incident swearing not to move to the government house again.

The governor now operates mostly from his house, according to Per Second News findings.

Some top government functionaries that commented on the first lady crisis advised the governor to appoint the wife of the deputy governor as the first lady, since he is afraid to offend his wives by appointing one of them as the first lady.

Source: http://www.persecondnews.com/index.php/component/k2/item/4078-kebbi-bagudu-s-wives-at-war-over-office-of-the-first-lady
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Judeoxide(m): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
You go fia fia
Women and power...
No go there ohh

Finally FTC after 4yrs
But I feel no different after...
I wonder what with the dedications

12 Likes

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
Pathetic
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by OzMingle(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
Interesting..
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by M0GIDI: 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmm!
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Scream(m): 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
fighting over something that does not exist...I pity the people of that state, there must be something wrong with a man that is married to TWO fools.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by ifyan(m): 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
Did I just read that the Gov. was advised to go to the D.Gov. wife as first lady.

Kai! My people. Hmmmm

7 Likes

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by ifyan(m): 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Scream:
fighting over something that does not exist...I pity the people of that state, there must be something wrong with a man that is married to TWO fools.

Stori are you not in Nigeria. Live those talk indirectly the office of the first lady exist

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Flyingngel(m): 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
If the man cannot control his wives, i wonder how he will control the state. He know his wives and shld have resolve this long before swearing in,knowing that first lady now is like being the Governor or president. When i hear some people talking abt marrying more than one wife i shake my head for them.

14 Likes

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by LuckyLadolce(m): 12:35am On Jul 24, 2015
grin
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by jamace(m): 6:31am On Jul 24, 2015
This is simple. Share the office into 2:
a. Office of First Lady - To be held by first wife.
b. Office of Second Lady - To be held by second wife.
grin grin

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:59am On Jul 24, 2015
My question is: is there a constitutional provision for the office of the first lady?

We just like noise and razzmataz while ignoring the real purpose of governance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Geraucald(m): 7:01am On Jul 24, 2015
Wetin this women wan start, already, the first wife is the first lady, the second is mai dakin gov. in the North, then why voicing anything? Divorce the trouble maker(2nd wife).

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by ebamma(m): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2015
SMH
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 24, 2015
The husband got no balls to stamp his authority. This is what you get from many women.

6 Likes

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by sayyid(m): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2015
e shld go and marry anoda wife to serve as tie breaker so e can use DAT as a first lady

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by olasmith10(m): 7:13am On Jul 24, 2015
D problem here is not the wives, d problem here is d governor.. cos nature above virtue, a woman will always act like a woman..

A governor dat cannot govern his wives, how den ll he govern a state?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Pavore9: 7:18am On Jul 24, 2015
'Some top government functionaries that commented on the first lady crisis advised the governor to appoint the wife of the deputy governor as the first lady, since he is afraid to offend his wives by appointing one of them as the first lady.' See advice! cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by citizenisb: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2015
He has just married a third wife, confusion na wa o!!
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by citizenisb: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Ozavize88(f): 8:14am On Jul 24, 2015
OK
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by omowolewa: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2015
They should appoint a representative.
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by SenJoe(m): 8:41am On Jul 24, 2015
jamace:
This is simple. Share the office into 2:
a. Office of First Lady - To be held by first wife.
b. Office of Second Lady - To be held by second wife.
grin grin
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by zekki: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2015
d first wife should be d first lady

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by kaypound(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2015
lol....trivialities.

If i am their husband...None of them will be the 1st lady.
Everybody sit at home and i dont want to hear any noise from any of you cool

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by SaiBuharii: 10:16am On Jul 24, 2015
Ivwinder if he married both of them on the same day.
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by Zico5(m): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2015
And the governor cannot put his house in order. We re just too greedy in this country
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by saintTim(m): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2015
He should marry a third wife and make her first lady

Simple
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by iyatrustee(f): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2015
A Governor that cannot succesfully run his home cannot run a state

Fact!

5 Likes

Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by ndaman25: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2015
Hausa's
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by steppin: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2015
Hmm
Re: Kebbi Governors Wives Fight To Be First Lady!! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:18am On Jul 24, 2015
i dont no weder d post is recongnise in nigeria constitution

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Chief Opens Up On The Fight Between President Buhari And Atiku / ''Moving From PDP To APC Is Like Moving From Syria To Afghanistan'' - Shehu Sani / Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.