Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday (24432 Views)

OPC Set To Hold One-million Man March For President Goodluck Jonathan / Police Stop Million Man March For Buhari In Kano / Breaking : Buhari Opts Out Of Apc's 1 Million Man March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Sammiejokes(m): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2015
In a bid to neutralise the effect of the visits of President Goodluck Jonathan to Lagos, chieftains of the All Progressives Congress, led by former Governor Bola Tinubu and Governor Babatunde Fashola, will on Saturday hold a One-Million-Man March.

Lagos
, which has the highest number of voters in the country, will be a major battleground between the Peoples Democratic Party and the APC. Addressing journalists in Lagos on Wednesday, the Lagos State coordinator of the APC Campaign Organisation, Mr. James Faleke, said the walk would begin from Maryland through Allen Avenue and end at Alausa, behind the Ikeja City Mall.

He said, “In order to psychologically prepare the minds of our voters and give a psychological defeat to the opposition, we are planning a one-million-man march on Saturday by 8a.m. It will commence at Maryland through Allen Avenue and will end behind Shoprite, Alausa.“The walk will be inaugurated by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. It will be led by Governor Fashola, Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, the Lagos State APC governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, and our vice-presidential candidate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN).“President Goodluck Jonathan will not get majority of the votes in Lagos even if he relocates to the state.

”Faleke, who represents Ikeja federal constituency at the House of Representatives, said the APC was not intimidated by Jonathan’s visits to the state. He said, rather, it was Jonathan that was jittery ahead of the elections as he had been doling out dollars to several traders in Lagos.

The legislator, however, boasted that even if Jonathan spent the next three weeks in Lagos, he would still lose because the people of Lagos were ready for change.

He said the APC would win in at least 26 states of the federation in the general elections that would hold on March 28 and April 11.He said, “By God’s grace, we shall win a minimum of 26 states.

Mr. President knows this and that is why he has been coming to the South-West. He spent five days in Lagos distributing dollars. Unknown to him, the people have made up their minds not to vote for him.“Why is he just coming to the South-West to distribute tax payers’ money?”Faleke said Jonathan had become intimidated by the APC presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and that was why the President only started fighting insecurity six weeks to the election.

He said, “We thank God for the achievements of the military in recent times. The question is what they refused to do in six years, they woke up after seeing that Nigerians were ready for this change and decided to embark on retracing their steps within three weeks.“What was amiss before is that the Nigerian military which is respected worldwide could not handle common insurgents in six years but in just three weeks, they have been able to come out and do well?”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/tinubu-fashola-others-to-hold-one-million-man-march/

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by drtwist(m): 8:38am On Mar 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by SeverusSnape(m): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2015
If they like, let them hold 170 million man and woman match, the Certificateless illiterate won't smell Aso presidential villa.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by kokoA(m): 8:49am On Mar 05, 2015
Talking from a neutral point of view (though I'm not neutral, I support Buhari) I think GEJ is playing all his cards to early.. Who da fuq are his advisers?! You have almost 4 weeks to go and you've visited Lagos twice, spending a total of almost 1 week in the state.. For God's sake, APC still got 4 fuqing weeks to neutralise every campaign/"money" you think you have done/"shared".. If I was part of Mr. President's strategy team, I would have told him to chill till like a week or 2 before the elections before storming large voting areas like Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, etc.. Nigerians are quite easy to convince, you don't need a month to do it, rather a month gives you opponent enough room to counter all your moves.

224 Likes 18 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Tattooboy: 8:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Sammiejokes:

Fellow Lagosians, I as a Nigerian have been watching all the campaigns on TV and social media...

If u are really employed then u gotta be workin with d Government. Who has the time?

6 Likes

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 05, 2015
If dem like make dem march enter barbeach na dem know, ma own is I want to see buhari*crying*

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Sammiejokes(m): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Tattooboy:

If u are really employed then u gotta be workin with d Government. Who has the time?
you an hypocrite but you are not too busy to comment on nairaland.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by sosanova: 9:07am On Mar 05, 2015
L
Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by babatundeizbad(m): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2015
The interesting thing about this campaign is that while the APC need not buy people to support them (I mean, people are chanting SAI Buhari out of their own free will), the PDP on the other hand keep distributing dollars for support.

168 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Gboliwe: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2015
Every sane Nigerian who wants to live long should avoid that rally and its surroundings.
Its a fact that there is always chaos when APC members converge. Don't be caught in the fight.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2015
They can hold 12million man match in London or in Bourdillon, it won't stop them from losing woefully. Abacha did it and we know how his end was.

#Never Again Shall We Be Deceived
Forward Ever>>>

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Sammiejokes(m): 9:16am On Mar 05, 2015
i love my life bro but i have some confidence that it wont be violent. have not done this before but i got to experience the march sha

50 Likes

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by PassingShot(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2015
Way to go. #March4Buhari thingy!

APC teaching PDP how to play politics.

#ThingsMustChange

GMB/PYO 2015

I like this quote from the news: “President Goodluck Jonathan will not get majority of the votes in Lagos even if he relocates to the state.”

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2015
[size=14pt]Funny Janjjaweedz[/size] grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by GeneralBosco: 9:20am On Mar 05, 2015
kokoA:
Talking from a neutral point of view (though I'm not neutral, I support Buhari) I think GEJ is playing all his cards to early.. Who da fuq are his advisers?! You have almost 4 weeks to go and you've visited Lagos twice, spending a total of almost 1 week in the state.. For God's sake, APC still got 4 fuqing weeks to neutralise every campaign/"money" you think you have done/"shared".. If I was part of Mr. President's strategy team, I would have told him to chill till like a week or 2 before the elections before storming large voting areas like Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, etc.. Nigerians are quite easy to convince, you don't need a month to do it, rather a month gives you opponent enough room to counter all your moves.
You no know say Amaechi get sense pass Kayode? "Kayode is just a small boy who talks and thinks like a kid" according to my friend.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Obrigardo: 9:25am On Mar 05, 2015
barcanista:
They can hold 12million man match in London or in Bourdillon, it won't stop them from losing woefully. Abacha did it and we know how his end was.

Forward Ever>>>

how come you change this fast?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2015
Obrigardo:

how come you change this fast?
When you are driving the wrong way and you are convinced, the proper thing to do is to backtrack to connect the right direction. That is the real change. grin

Good Morning

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by alaoeri: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2015
Anything for the General, time to kick the clueless one out of Aso rock.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by ishiamu(m): 9:40am On Mar 05, 2015
SeverusSnape:
If they like, let them hold 170 million man and woman match, the Certificateless illiterate won't smell Aso presidential villa.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 05, 2015
barcanista:
When you are driving the wrong way and you are convinced, the proper thing to do is to backtrack to connect the right direction. That is the real change. grin

Good Morning

How were u convinced? Refusal of "Protection " right? Aving pleaded for it. grin

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by appini: 9:51am On Mar 05, 2015
Marching to nowhere.

7 Likes

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by picaso77: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2015
kokoA:
you can't blame him, because he thought the APC has finished spending their money and that was one of the reasons he pushed for the postponement of the election

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by concord129(m): 10:11am On Mar 05, 2015
barcanista:

Forward Ever>>>
D tin pain u? See as ur 4wrd even face backward... Hehehehehehehe. (PDP -----> backward)

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by YouthsPC0: 11:00am On Mar 05, 2015
Ten million people cannot confer certificate on the Illiterate one

As for tinubu he should return all he has stolen from the good people of Lagos

As for Lai he should ensure he gets some extra pamperss before going for that march

GEJ till 2019

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 05, 2015
God forbid that I am not involved in this march for freedom, Good governance and a better Nigeria!! I'll walk 48hours non-stop if that's what it takes!

Up Nigeria!
Sai Buhari!

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by anonimi: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2015
In solidarity with their perpetual candidate that is OUT of circulation at this crucial time

I remember something similar was done for Abacha. Anyone remembers how the goggled one ended with his ambition to convert to a civilian president

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by anonimi: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2015
concord129:

D tin pain u? See as ur 4wrd even face backward... Hehehehehehehe. (PDP -----> backward)

If you are writing from the left, then you move forward in the RIGHT direction >>>>>>>>>>.

Not so

5 Likes

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by DaGC(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2015
They always make it seem like only western Nigeria votes can guarantee the presidency. They've really tried with their campaign strategies. Apart from some of the lies peddled by their media team and the lack of support for the Armed forces which I'm against, they've tried, but you are running against an incumbent.
Apart from the rallies conducted in certain states, all I see every time they say the APC is campaigning, its either PYO is campaigning in 1 bus or market in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo or Osun or GMB is campaigning in London. They might regret it later.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by walemoney007(m): 11:42am On Mar 05, 2015
I will also march for buhari on saturday

34 Likes

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
People power.

APC parallel govt required ASAP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday by josnig1980(f): 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
SAI BUHARI! grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Fayemi's Convoy Did Not Kill Policeman", Eyewitness Reveals What Happened. PICS / Bianca’s Siblings Attack Ojukwu’s Sons Over Senatorial Ambition / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.