Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court (21485 Views)

JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Breaking News: Candidates, Parents Demand Cancellation Of 2016 UTME / JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by carterkelly1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
pls tag me at the end of the trial or mayb yr next post
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Moz22: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Teempakguy:
The cut off mark has not been raised to 250.
Their info is wrong.
are u in dis country sha
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
Moz22:
are u in dis country sha
yes. And I know people who scored below that mark and have already printed their exam passes.

2 Likes

Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
candidates who are not eligible for admission in their preferred institution are required to visit www.jamb.org.ng on the 3rd of august, 2015 to print out a new slip with the institution they have been redirected to.
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
haytripple:
The comment I see here makes me to conclude that most aspirants don't get the real drift of jamb new implementation..if most of u here go to court as proposed, definitely aspirants won't win d case. The new implementation sates that 5 to 6 universities have so mant aspirant and most won't get admission thereby they want to move some to less occupied ones..I'm nt saying am in support of this cos they ought to have inform candidate b4 hand, unilag didn't set cut off to 250, infact av seen candidate with 202,210,206 etc that has been cleared..only that I don't knw what criteria they use to transferred candidate..pls understand this things b4 u jump into conclusion. Even though there is sense in their new implementation, they shd have notify candidate b4 like when registering for jamb..they shd just start next year. Their shd be number of slot for each skul when registering nt when is result is out n people have already set their mind on certain school#tripplecares#
Excuse me sir,what are you trying to convey precisely?because after taking a meticulous scrutiny over this baseless and pointless epistle you indited,you made no point. grin
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
sexymoma:
They want them to get 250 and above before gaining admission into unversity....as if say Jamb dey mark scripts with mercy
Young pple never begin dey rub for bank ooo dem jos start.... It not only an idle mind that is devil's workshop this days, A Frustrated soul is the worse..... man pikin write jamb, rally round gather money ooo, get 200, only to discover say na 250....
Even Nigeria environment sef shey e dey conducive for person to read sef... Abi dem think say na Uk we dey ni...This country is a joke.
It is not the fault of the University neither is it that of JAMB. When you have over a 1,000 candidates competing for 100 slots in a particular programme the cutt-off marks will naturally escalate. The number of applicants is too much, the University has limited slots for various programmes.
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by simdam500(m): 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
vickerz:

i like ur username
#no homo

Lol... thanks guy. The combination of my first two name...

Yours is awesome as well #noHomo wink
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
simdam500:

Lol... thanks guy. The combination of my first two name...

Yours is awesome as well #noHomo wink
lol, thank u sir
have a lovely weekend, more orijin to ur pot belly.. grin
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by simdam500(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
Sanfranka: Guys this really getting out of hand..... Prof Dirbu would told us this thing ealier than playing with our future. "does he care, he does'nt" bcus none of his offspring is studying in Nigeria.... God plz grant me admission into Michael okpara uni of agric umudike.... Jamb score 185.... Plz God

God will do that which concern u smiley
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by simdam500(m): 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
CoCoLav: How is it that seemingly educated people do not understand what this policy is all about??

U have a point... most people don't, though jamb is at fault for not informing the students before now;
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Dgaffer(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nawaooow...Nigerians self...som parents no dey shame ooo instead of dem to bury their head in shame say deir children to write well for Jamb...prepare them 4 nxt year dey jst wan waste their money 4 court jst like dat ad possibly if dey win den Post Ume go stil chop the remaining one...,nawaooow...#Jst wondering her person wey no get above 200 4 jamb wil pass a Post Ume f a University
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by adedayourt(m): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
CuteTj:

You had to quote the whole news just to comment with "k"

Na una type go talk say make Jamb reduce cut off to 100 if possible.

100? are u kidding me?
wat is it doin at 100 wen it can b reduced to 60

1 Like

Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by haytripple(m): 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by haryorlee(m): 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
The putme shud be banned nd more universities shud be built.
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Lilswaghanxum(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hello guys,i dont get it,how does one knw that he is ineligible to write the postutme of the school he or she applied for? does jamb have a way an admission would knw?
the nigeria education needs a holistic approach to solving the problems.
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by rhapzidy(m): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
Itx a general problem dis year o... Even here in MOUAU, abia state
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by simdam500(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Outcome of the court?? sad
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by cirmuell(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Layi9: 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
cirmuell:
yeah right undecided
abegi...na jamb wahala we get now
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by CuteTj(m): 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

when was that your time?
There has never been a time JAMB set cut off mark at 250.
You guys should stop this during our time...during our time. When was your time?

There was even when it was 160, the mediocrity projected by JAMB's cut off mark was what brought about PUME. Even then schools still tried a lil to adhere to the cut off mark, but had this way they calculate aggregate scores in such a way that if you didn't do well in JAMB _ you have to do exceptionally well in PUME to gain admission.

It has always been schools setting individual cut off marks, not JAMB.

I repeat, when was your time that JAMB cut 250? Which year biko?

BTW, I propose increase in JAMB's cut off.
The only lapse I see here is lack of adequate information. The aspiring undergraduates should have been notified ahead.

I never said Jamb at any time in its existence set cut-off mark at 250.

Didnt you see where i said it is not the duty of jamb to set cut-offs but the job of the schools, nuc and ministry of education??

And during my time, we never did Post-Ume/ Post-Jamb or whatever you call it now. Go figure that time.
Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
CuteTj:

I never said Jamb at any time in its existence set cut-off mark at 250.

Didnt you see where i said it is not the duty of jamb to set cut-offs but the job of the schools, nuc and ministry of education??

And during my time, we never did Post-Ume/ Post-Jamb or whatever you call it now. Go figure that time.

lols
You never said JAMB did, but you said during our time... ? grin
English! such an ambiguous language with so much implicit and explicit meanings to each sentence/statement.

Uncle-during-our-time, I have already figured out the time...calm down_ it hasn't been so long. kiss
You done see me wey be Jambite na. NLders though...lols

3 Likes

Re: Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court by CuteTj(m): 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols
You never said JAMB did, but you said during our time... ? grin
English! such an ambiguous language with so much implicit and explicit meanings to each sentence/statement.

Uncle-during-our-time, I have already figured out the time...calm down_ it hasn't been so long. kiss
You done see me wey be Jambite na. NLders though...lols

And that time was 1999. I agree it wasn't long ago. Well just want to wish you all the best in your endeavors my sis. I hope you get the school you want (thumbs up girl).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Navy Releases Result Of Common Entrance Examination / Share Your Embarrassing Examination Day Experiences / Imo State University Has Refused To Graduate Me, Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.