Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? (2352 Views)

Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo) / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / Fort Hood Prophecy By Tb Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by huxley(m): 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2009
I received a call from my brothers today informing me that they had travel from Cameroon to Lagos to visit with Pastor TB Johua. This came as a big surprise as I was in contact with them only a few days earlier and no such escapade was mentioned.  One of my brothers (the most fundamentally oreinted) was speaking in very effusive terms about TB Joshua's premises, Synagogue Church of all Nations.  I was at work at the time and had to restrain my reaction at such a foolhardy project.  Or am I too previous in judging this a foolhardy project?
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2009
Tell your brother "God" probably doesnt exist. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by huxley(m): 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2009
davidylan:

Tell your brother "God" probably doesnt exist. cheesy cheesy grin

As if I need to say that. They have known my fews about their non-existent grand daddy for many years now.
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 13, 2009
How much is TB charging and for what?
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by huxley(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2009
davidylan:

How much is TB charging and for what?

Don't know, but I suppose all of the "miracles" at the Synagogue don't come cheap. You pay for it one way or the other. I suppose they will be staying in hotels on site owned by Joshua, refreshing at his restaurants, etc, etc, etc.
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by PastorAIO: 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2009
Huxley, the day you stop contributing to Nairaland is possibly the day I'll lose interest. Where have you been all day man?

Please keep us informed as to what happens to your brother. Cheers.
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by huxley(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Huxley, the day you stop contributing to Nairaland is possibly the day I'll lose interest.  Where have you been all day man? 

Please keep us informed as to what happens to your brother.  Cheers.

Hello Pastor,

Thnz for those kind words.  I have been very busy lately and had some very pressing deadlines at work so have not been able to contribute daily.

Although I had been aware of TB Joshua, I had never really taken any interest in him until today, upon receiving this shoking news from my brother.  Since then I have been doing some research about the Joshua character and have watch a few videos of him on YouTube.

My brother seems to expect Joshua to single him out from the crowd of people for special "treatment". Let's see if that happens!
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by spikedcylinder: 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
Are there no churches in Cameroon?
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by huxley(m): 12:01am On Mar 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Are there no churches in Cameroon?

You bet there are, but I suppose in Nigeria Christian churches and evangelism has reached a new dimension not seen anywhere else in africa. I have not been back in Cameroon for many years but I understand from friend who have been recently that almost every other house in some streets is a church. Further, the big Nigeria fraudsters evangelical movements have TV programmes that reach right across the world, which is something I don't think the Cameroon fraudster minister have not yet managed to do.

I hear that most households in Cameroon typically spent 5 - 8 hours daily watching these broadcast from the big ministries, a la Pastor Chris, TB Joshua, Adeboye, et al. In fact, one of the reasons I have not visited Cameroon, where I was born, for more than 10 years, is that I find the overbearing supernaturalism of the people insufferable. The last time I was there, I felt like I had been caught in "hell". Everybody spoke in terms of god, Jesus, breakthroughs, salvation, healings, etc, etc.
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by tpia: 5:38am On Mar 14, 2009
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by mantraa: 7:25am On Mar 14, 2009
"interesting!

maybe your brother went to TB Joshua to submit a prayer request for you."

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thats so funny,  But the sad thing is that you just might be right.  tongue
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by tpia: 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2009
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by spikedcylinder: 7:39am On Mar 16, 2009
Why would Huxley need a prayer request? Did he say he has a disease?
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by tpia: 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2009
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by lucabrasi(m): 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2009
@poster
na wa for all these attacks o,shouldnt your family members be in the best position to answer these questions you have posed??if you dont want them to go,then table your reservations at your family meeting instead of bringing it on here,im sure we r both agreed that tb joshua did not go to cameroon or whereever to kidnap them and like you have said you have their telephone numbers and they have yours,
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by spikedcylinder: 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2009
tpia:

he doesnt need to say he has a disease before his family prays for him.

Some people- especially mothers- do it routinely.

I even met someone once who said in his village, the family has an Ifa shrine or pot for everyone in that family, with or without their knowledge.

Then if its a routine, why will his family need to travel to Nigeria to pray for him as you and mantraa earlier suggested?
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by tpia: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2009
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by spikedcylinder: 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2009
Like that was your original reason for making the statement. angry tongue
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by tpia: 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2009
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by BloodShed1: 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2009
Hah, this snake. I remember watching a documentary about him like 5 years ago on Channel 4 (UK) and they were exposing him. It was so blatant but people are still gullible like they are clueless.

Hate to say so but your family are in for it.

How people can be so damn naive I dont know. If we were talking all this about another religion most Christians and Muslims would agree, but they make such ludicrous exceptions when it comes to their own beliefs when they are no different.
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by Tonyet1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 18, 2009
HUXLEY again
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by Tonyet1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 18, 2009
i pray for you everyday so that one day you will discover who created those fat hole in your butt where sh$$t comes out

TB Joshua or not, one day those eyes of yours will be opened to discover Christ whose name is JESUS
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by HARRYMATHE(m): 5:15am On Jul 04, 2011
why do you write such filth, don't you fear god almighty yahweh elohim the most high god ,you still allow satan to rule your words you mind , you are under the control of demons, yep the five nations are under your favor get rid of the attitude, god will bless you leave the furstation you are holding,
according to the faith you hold on god almighty will respond, remember old woman who touched the him of the garment of yahshua messiah was healed
if T B JOSHUA has revelation of healing people with elements of the earth well indeed he will obey the god almighty to glorify yahweh elohim in the name of yahshua messiah of nazareth   
don't speak even a word against any anointed man of god , god Almighty's wrath will cover your life, you will never live for he warns don;t touch his anointed ones by words or any means his wrath will turn you into ashes.
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by femmy2010(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2011
May God forgive us all.
If a man of God is known by all his physical doings then Pastor T.B Joshua is a great man of God.

I attend RCCG though but I love d doings of the man in the synagogue.
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by mabell: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Poster,at least now you know that it is your family that went looking for him and not the other way round
maybe they have a strong need that needs to be met that you know not of

@femmy2010
it is well
Re: Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2012
Jesus Christ the Only way!

(1) (Reply)

Atheism In Nigeria: It's Reception, And Effects On Society. / The Thirty Wise Sayings Of KING SOLOMON / Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.