Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista (948 Views)

Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by nairamaniac: 12:53am On Jul 25, 2015
This thread is a counter-thread to Barcanista's post as regards Buhari's direction of probe.
I respect his opinions. Just that I disagree with his reasons and points he raised.

It would do us all some good to contribute to it constructively.

1)Its Buhari's prerogative to probe Jonathan's Government if he decides to.

By Jonathan not probing his presiding government, it simply meant he had no issues/problems with it.Meaning he, Jonathan accessed it as CORRUPTION-FREE. He had over 5years at his disposal to look into every anomaly performed by preceding government, but either chose not to or applauded it.

2. Breaking of initial campaign promise not to probe Jonathan.

If Changing of mind by Buhari or Oyegun to probe Jonathan, is understood as failure to adhere to his campaign-promises. Then that should be the best campaign manifesto that has ever been broken by any politician in the history of Nigerian-politics. After all, far more promises have been broken. They promised us light, good roads, security, employment and all sorts in other campaigns. but they failed us. Neither younor MEND/BIAFRA was willing to fight any of them for breaking all those promises. But a man becomes president and tells us (let's assume even apologetically) that he would break the promise of not going against thieves and criminals. ironically he becomes the biggest liar in the history of CAMPAIGNS? Then you all are willing to fight him more than those that broke more valuable-promises, if kept would have been beneficial to our lives. Perhaps if Jonathanhad included in his campaign that ''he had milked the country dry but anyone that takes over from him shouldn't probe him''. Buhari wouldn't have included ''I wouldn't probe Jonathan when I take over''.  I wish I was Buhari's advisor this very moment. I would advice Buhari to defend himself by simply replying ''u didn't tell us you looted our economy when I made the promise of not probing you''.Let me ask you one simple question, if a man stands in front of your house-gate and campaigns to the whole world that he wants to enter into your compound. But never revealed that he had committed an offence that warranted his arrest, then you the landlord simply join him in campaign that he is free to come in. He comes in and reveals he was responsible for the death of all your family members, would you let him go free, cause you promised not to arrest him if he came in? No I would not. For if he had confessed all those crimes during his noisy-campaigns, the law would have arrested him before coming into my compound. So you see, Jonathan was clever by half and so would any of you that wants to hold Buhari's promise, binding.

3) The damage that was done by Jonathan and is crew, makes other past governments look like child's play.

Fine, I know you would say Corruption is Corruption, irrespective of the amount. But please tell me you would investigate a window theft of 1000 naira damage at your house, similarly to mass-assault of your wife/daughters and theft of 1billion naira/properties?The damage done under Jonathan outweighs all the damage by all other Presidents put-together. Obj was currupt, but believe it or not the man coordinated those around him more than Jonathan did. Anybody was allowed to steal from the country's purse as long as he could promise Jonathan a second term.

4) There's no crime in breaking a Trend.
if the normal trend that has existed for all other past governments is to desist from probing their predecessors, then that is their luck. For the fact that every other person got away with a crime, doesn't mean that you would not get caught even at your first attempt. I put it to you that Jonathan was guilty of this very selective justice you are accusing Buhari of. For Jonathan went after Ibori, on the bases of Corruption but didn't go after all the other past corrupted governors. I also put it to you that Jonathan was guilty of bias by not granting Pardon to all the criminals that operated and were arrested during his tenure, but he granted alamiesiagha a Pardon. We all respected his choices and decisions. So why can't heand the rest of us respect the decision of the Current President to Biasly(4give my English) probe Jonathan, alone?

5) How difficult it would be for Buhari's tenure  without recovering stolen Wealth.

Buhari really needs these stolen-moneys. Do this maths. The budget for past 3 years have been within an average of 4Trillion naira/annum.Our budget is mainly derived from Crude export revenue. Now, this crude cost has reduced by almost 50%. Meaning all things being equal, without taking loans oraccessing our Foreign-reserve/Excess crude accounts the most the next budget can meet up with is 2.5Trillion. Hope you realize that no new federal project can be done from this amount of money. By the time we pay for subsidy, salaries and dept servicing, nothing would remain from this 2.5Trillion.All we would have is a scenario of 100% recurrent expenditure from the next budget. Let me educate you on how difficult Jonathan has made it difficult for Buhari to perform.Buhari's Transition team Led by Jodah revealed that Jonathan left a debt of 4Trillion naira for him to pay contractors. I put it to you that this is very possible.Out of over a 100 federal ministries, departments and agencies I am fortunate to have access to the dealings of 3 of them (names withheld) The house of assembly approved hundreds of Billions of naira last year as funds for contracts and payments of contractors. One of them in particular got over 250billion naira last year July. Meanwhile no contractor has been paid in that commission from last year August to this date. Similar cases were suffered by several  subcontractors working on other national projects. Money owed to the contractors of these 3 agencies alone amounts to over half a Trillion naira. Now these are just 3 agencies I'm aware of. Perhaps, each person reading this, is conversant with one agency or the other on their own. All these moneys were approved by the national assembly in the 2014 budget.
Now the last administration didn't stop there. Added to all these contractor-Dept's, they did several last minute employments to several MDA's. They refused to employ during their tenures as ministers and executives, but they found it easy to leave behind the burden if their aids&crew members on the payroll of the incoming Government. Starting most of them on a minimum of Level 12. And promoting their loyal staff to director-level. The illegal last minute employments and promotions alone would cost this present Government a salary of hundreds of billions of Naira.
Worse part is that these employments & promotions were done after Jonathan's government were aware that they had been kicked out and a new Government was in place to take over.

I hope i have mentioned above, enough reasons for Buhari to not only probe the last Presidency, but also choose to limit his probe to Jonathan&Jonathan alone.
Thank you!

Let me be fair/generous enough to extend my wisdom to Jonathan. its not too late for him to probe Yar Adua or Obasanjo, if he chooses to. He is permitted by the Law to probe them from inside Prison.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by dunkem21(m): 12:59am On Jul 25, 2015
grin
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by eph12(m): 1:01am On Jul 25, 2015
This has been posted before nau. Na no dey tire?

2 Likes

Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by nairamaniac: 1:07am On Jul 25, 2015
eph12:
This has been posted before nau. Na no dey tire?
no vex. I was banned in less than 3hours after posting it yesterday. hence I believe a lot of people were refused access to it. it seemed it was initially tooo explicit for the moderators. This one is 'PG-universal'.
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by Bitterleafsoup: 2:03am On Jul 25, 2015
Hahaha that guy is really keeping you dullards up at night grin
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 25, 2015
front page
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by StOla: 2:10am On Jul 25, 2015
Let me be fair/generous enough to extend my wisdom to Jonathan. its not too late for him to probe Yar Adua or Obasanjo, if he chooses to. He is permitted by the Law to probe them from inside Prison.

He must have learnt some valuable lessons in prison for him to even have that disposition. The clown is too morally bankrupt to even contemplate such.

1 Like

Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by socialmediaman: 2:27am On Jul 25, 2015
Typing
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by vicadex07(m): 2:35am On Jul 25, 2015
The wailers will soon be here. Barcanista the cheif wailer, where at thou?

2 Likes

Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Can someone remind the op that it is intellectual fraud and crass irresponsibility to be throwing out figures and specifics without verifiable and dependable sources.

What do you take Nairalanders for? Bunch of Secondary School dropouts?

I know you may have nothing to lose by brandishing out figures, others including academicians have. Please go back, edit your post and give verifiable references where applicable.

I will respond to your thread in good faith until then continue playing the opposition.

It is the duty of ruling party's supporters to help Nigerians demystify this government and not name calling and attacking whoever questions the policies and decisions of their principal.
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by Oildichotomy(m): 3:14am On Jul 25, 2015
Who typed this ??
Not a fair articulation of opinion
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by finestiyke(m): 3:21am On Jul 25, 2015
OP, you sound retarded, are you retarded? Cos you made absolutely no sense.

Buhari is sitting on a keg of gun powder that sure to explode on his face. Let him continue with his witch hunt, the Niger Delta Militants are sure to come out of the creeks soon to defend Fmr. President Jonathan, our economy will be crippled.

1 Like

Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by Candyrain(m): 3:47am On Jul 25, 2015
nairamaniac:
This thread is dedicated to all the WAILING-WAILERS we have littered all around the place.
It would do you all some good to Sit down and Listen attentively.

undecided What are you talking about? undecided
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by OtunbaJega: 5:53am On Jul 25, 2015
True talk
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by arewafederation: 5:56am On Jul 25, 2015
cool
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Though you posted a similar thread before but I will have to post what I posted there.

1. No one is stopping Buhari not to probe Jonathan administration. No one is telling him not to "break trend". All we are saying is that if he has "changed his mind" then he should start from at least the democratic era of Obasanjo and then Musa Yar'adua. Do not forget that the Okigbo panel report that indicted IBB for misusing and lavishing our $12billion oil windfall is busy resting in the shelf at the Government Secretariat in Abuja. The report was submitted to Abacha, Buhari was part of it. The N2.3trillion allegedly spent on power by Obasanjo with nothing to show for it is still there. The PTDF of Atiku and Obasanjo indictment by the Senate are still there. We believe Buhari should also look into the administrations of Yar'adua and Jonathan (Not forgeting that Emir Sanusi has a case to answer as CBN Governor. He was indiCted by Financial Reporting Council.

2. Doing the above @1 will set precedence for succeeding administrations. You can't set selective precedence. In fact, that will make nonsense of whatever you are doing. If you want to fix a problem you need comprehensive investigation and not restricted one. Nigerians are not silly. I'm sure the monies recovered from 1(above) will go a long way. Not forgeting that some of these loots were used to fund Buhari's campaign. I hope he should be ready to answer himself.

3. I have told some of you to get your facts correctly before making submission. For the record, Jonathan never granted Alamesiegha pardon at anytime, neither did the Federeal Executive Council headed by the President (it has no such power). The body that granted Alamesiegha pardon was/is the National Council of State. The NCS is an independent advisory body that is constitutionally empowered among other things to recommend ex-convicts for State Pardon. The composition of this Council is The President, VP, All Past Presidents, 36 Governors, Senate President, House Speaker, Chief Justice of the Federation and the SGF who functions at the Secretary. The Council isn't an arm of the Executive, it is a body of ALL arms and tiers of government along with exLeaders. The State is very different from the Executive or the President.

4. I won't bother responding to the trash of GEJ being the most corrupt. It is on record that GEJ ran the most transparent administration since Nigeria's history. I don't deal on propaganda.
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by Jesusloveyou: 10:08am On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
Though you posted a similar thread before but I will have to post what I posted there.

1. No one is stopping Buhari not to probe Jonathan administration. No one is telling him not to "break trend". All we are saying is that if he has "changed his mind" then he should start from at least the democratic era of Obasanjo and then Musa Yar'adua. Do not forget that the Okigbo panel report that indicted IBB for misusing and lavishing our $12billion oil windfall is busy resting in the shelf at the Government Secretariat in Abuja. The report was submitted to Abacha, Buhari was part of it. The N2.3trillion allegedly spent on power by Obasanjo with nothing to show for it is still there. The PTDF of Atiku and Obasanjo indictment by the Senate are still there. We believe Buhari should also look into the administrations of Yar'adua and Jonathan (Not forgeting that Emir Sanusi has a case to answer as CBN Governor. He was indiCted by Financial Reporting Council.

2. Doing the above @1 will set precedence for succeeding administrations. You can't set selective precedence. In fact, that will make nonsense of whatever you are doing. If you want to fix a problem you need comprehensive investigation and not restricted one. Nigerians are not silly. I'm sure the monies recovered from 1(above) will go a long way. Not forgeting that some of these loots were used to fund Buhari's campaign. I hope he should be ready to answer himself.

3. I have told some of you to get your facts correctly before making submission. For the record, Jonathan never granted Alamesiegha pardon at anytime, neither did the Federeal Executive Council headed by the President (it has no such power). The body that granted Alamesiegha pardon was/is the National Council of State. The NCS is an independent advisory body that is constitutionally empowered among other things to recommend ex-convicts for State Pardon. The composition of this Council is The President, VP, All Past Presidents, 36 Governors, Senate President, House Speaker, Chief Justice of the Federation and the SGF who functions at the Secretary. The Council isn't an arm of the Executive, it is a body of ALL arms and tiers of government along with exLeaders. The State is very different from the Executive or the President.

4. I won't bother responding to the trash of GEJ being the most corrupt. It is on record that GEJ ran the most transparent administration since Nigeria's history. I don't deal on propaganda.
u are still getting it wrong, 1. U cannot go back beyond gej regime, when u probe gej govt, d ministers and gej can point to yar'dua govt that this is what we met before taking over from him, and ministers under yar'dua can as well point to obj govt, this will make d case easy to fight, so nobody is after anybody, nothing like witch hunting,

2 Likes

Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by nairamaniac: 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Can someone remind the op that it is intellectual fraud and crass irresponsibility to be throwing out figures and specifics without verifiable and dependable sources.

What do you take Nairalanders for? Bunch of Secondary School dropouts?

I know you may have nothing to lose by brandishing out figures, others including academicians have. Please go back, edit your post and give verifiable references where applicable.

I will respond to your thread in good faith until then continue playing the opposition.

It is the duty of ruling party's supporters to help Nigerians demystify this government and not name calling and attacking whoever questions the policies and decisions of their principal.

Bro. I mentioned some verifiable figures in my post. such as the 4trillion Dept's owed contractors inherited by Buhari's government. The figures that relates to yearly budget.

but if you are referring to figures bring owed to contractors of agencies, you want Me to mention those 3agencies in particular, I don't need to. just take it that those 3 agencies form a small piece from the 4Trillion that Buhari claimed to have inherited from Goodluck's government.

my only reason to have stated my 1st hand knowledge of 3 of those agencies was to buttress that his claim isn't beyond possibility.

besides the above figures in my post, most of my other contents were theoretical. so I believe you had issues with the fragment of my post which I just mentioned.

This is definitely a claim of the transition committee. it stands as a mere-claim. hence I can only give you the source of the claim.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/185814-exclusive-joda-committee-to-buhari-sack-jonathans-last-minutes-appointees-review-contracts-of-last-18-months.html

the above source(claim) to a large extent envelopes some of my first hand knowledge of few agencies that owes hundreds of billions to contractors over the last 12months of Jonathan's administration.

mind you that nobody from Jonathan's transition-team refuted any of these claim from the day it was revealed by joda's led committee till this very day.

If you still insist on references. Then that's why you should join us to plead for a probe into the last administration. Afterall, a probe isn't an indictment.

Besides, its this proposed-probe that would demystify the this government.

God bless you.
Re: Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista by nairamaniac: 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
finestiyke:
OP, you sound retarded, are you retarded? Cos you made absolutely no sense.

Buhari is sitting on a keg of gun powder that sure to explode on his face. Let him continue with his witch hunt, the Niger Delta Militants are sure to come out of the creeks soon to defend Fmr. President Jonathan, our economy will be crippled.

Thanx for your response. I am not slow. if airing my own opinion which takes sides the idea of probing the last administration means I am slow. Then I even want to be slower than I am.

By your saying the Niger Delta's would come out of their creeks just because theres a lawful & harmless probe of the last administration, for now sounds as a cowardly threat, and if achieved by them is criminal-act against the law.

since wen did it become a problem or offence for a president to probe his Preceding-principal?

its only a man with skeleton in his cupboard that would cause mayhem just because the law wants to investigate skeletons in his cupboard.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Forgery Case- Police, Ekwere, Mark Trying To Rubbish Buhari / Arise Youth Of Nigeria / 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.