Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

NL Arabic Learning Thread :) - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NL Arabic Learning Thread :) (18361 Views)

The Arabic Origins Of Common Yoruba Words / Why Do Muslims Talk In Arabic? / Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by jamilkb(m): 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
MuhdG:

Ehm. I don't understand. Farkon zuwa or ka je hutu ka dawo?
I'm a new student to be precise.. grin naje too early
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
jamilkb:
I'm a new student to be precise.. grin naje too early
Ohh. Its not early bro. Ai zaka dan saba da garin kafin kuyi ressuming.

Wani anguwa kake
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by jamilkb(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
MuhdG:

Ohh. Its not early bro. Ai zaka dan saba da garin kafin kuyi ressuming.

Wani anguwa kake
bansan sunan unguwar ba, but something El-razi ___ kusa da makarantar ne dai. hostel ne though
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

Ma'am you've gotten it wrong again this time.

Noun and Adjective can be ma'rifah (definite) together in some instances please. Unless your own Arabic is different from that of the Arabians. It is the mudhoofu wa mudhoofu ileyhi that occurs that way you opined.

e.g. Alwaladu Altowiil - Alwaladuttowiil.

The tall boy.
I can't find my arabic textbook so I can't make corrections. Thing is I studied arabic and in a rather passive enviroment, this plus non use for some time now has made me forget d sybtax and alll. What I use is my intuition of how a correct sentence sounds like in arabic.
Thanks for d correction, I get d point about adjective nd noun from d example. But reffering back to d original sentence 'al ma'aniy l kalaam', I still think it doesn't sounbd correct its just dat I don't know how to xplain dis grammarwise without my textbook.
*if I'm correcting anyone on this thread, its not me being itk, its just me trying to practice and make other learn as well and as such any of my post is open to correction.
Btw, this thread seems male dominated and few sisters are contributing. Making one feel out of place.

2 Likes

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
qbd2:

I can't find my arabic textbook so I can't make corrections. Thing is I studied arabic and in a rather passive enviroment, this plus non use for some time now has made me forget d sybtax and alll. What I use is my intuition of how a correct sentence sounds like in arabic.
Thanks for d correction, I get d point about adjective nd noun from d example. But reffering back to d original sentence 'al ma'aniy l kalaam', I still think it doesn't sounbd correct its just dat I don't know how to xplain dis grammarwise without my textbook.
*if I'm correcting anyone on this thread, its not me being itk, its just me trying to practice and make other learn as well and as such any of my post is open to correction.
Btw, this thread seems male dominated and few sisters are contributing. Making one feel out of place.

Of course you're right on this. And you can see the brother has modified it. I was only telling you that the rule is not generalized. The rule basically exists whenever a noun is used to qualify another noun like in this scenario. You'll see that both are nouns really, but alma`aaniy later served as a qualifier to alkalaam to give ma`aaniya lkalaam when combined.

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Demmzy15(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sheik MuhdG how do I pronounce or read without the fataha, kisrah, dummah, etc. I watch some Arabic channels and they don't write with those marks. E.g من خلال الرابط I just guessed this o
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
Demmzy15:
Sheik MuhdG how do I pronounce or read without the fataha, kisrah, dummah, etc. I watch some Arabic channels and they don't write with those marks. E.g من خلال الرابط I just guessed this o
Oh bro I don't really think there is a method. The only way to know is to get exposed to alot of arabic words, build your vocabulary.
You can start with maybe little words you find thhat have the marks, that way when you see them without the marks, you can easily know and pronounce it.

Don't worry, its not difficult, just practice and keep on practising. There are some words in the Qur'an that you can use during conversations. When you're used to seeing them with the marks, it won't be a problem to pronounce without the marks.

Just practise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Demmzy15:
Like the Example you gave. Although, i can recognize the first one. Which is
Min i.e from
And the second one, i can pronounce it as
Khalaali alraabadi.
Notice the double 'a' it because of the alif.

Its pretty easy, you just have to practise.

2 Likes

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

Of course you're right on this. And you can see the brother has modified it. I was only telling you that the rule is not generalized. The rule basically exists whenever a noun is used to qualify another noun like in this scenario. You'll see that both are nouns really, but alma`aaniy later served as a qualifier to alkalaam to give ma`aaniya lkalaam when combined.
Iow, al ma'aaniy here is a noun but is usedto describe. Another noun, henece the use of 'al' for both.
So which is the correct one for this sentence: al ma'aaniyal kalaam, or ma'aaniyal kalaam?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by ibnoumar(m): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
wa ana aidan ismi muhammad ibn umar uballigu salami ala kullukum ajma'in asalul llaha azza wa jalla an yazada kum imanan wa taufiqan.

2 Likes

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
qbd2:

Iow, al ma'aaniy here is a noun but is usedto describe. Another noun, henece the use of 'al' for both.
So which is the correct one for this sentence: al ma'aaniyal kalaam, or ma'aaniyal kalaam?

ma`aaniyal kalaam of course! The 'al' of alma`aaniy will be dropped due to its role in the sentence (qualifying another noun).

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by kazlaw2000: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibnoumar:
wa ana aidan ismi muhammad ibn umar uballigu salami ala kullukum ajma'in asalul llaha azza wa jalla an yazada kum imanan wa taufiqan.
Aamiin. Wa alaykum salaam ya akh

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
ibnoumar:
Anta muhd wa ana muhd. Marhab
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Demmzy15(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
MuhdG:

Anta muhd wa ana muhd. Marhab
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Demmzy15:
Ya zol, limaza anta murattabak

Oh bro, why are you confused?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Demmzy15(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
MuhdG:

Ya zol, limaza anta murattabak

Oh bro, why are you confused?
What you said to the brother was confusing.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
Demmzy15:

What you said to the brother was confusing.
The translation is

You are muhammad and I am muhammad. Welcome.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 18, 2015
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 07, 2015
Assalamu alaikum, you can visit www.madinaharabic.com very useful
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by llaykorn: 6:59am On Sep 07, 2015
MuhdG:
Assalamu alaikum, you can visit www.madinaharabic.com very useful

Muhammad, kayfa haaluk? We go on with the brawl as scheduled. What's the date?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2015
llaykorn:

Muhammad, kayfa haaluk? We go on with the brawl as scheduled. What's the date?
13th.
I thought u chickened out. tongue

Mention me on the chat thread
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by llaykorn: 7:06am On Sep 07, 2015
MuhdG:

13th.
I thought u chickened out. tongue

Mention me on the chat thread

Innii laa akhaafuka abadan tongue

Laa ba's, azkuruka laan smiley

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 07, 2015
llaykorn:

Innii laa akhaafuka abadan tongue

Laa ba's, azkuruka laan smiley
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin anta mudhak jiddan
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
i just thought to share to the beginners as introduction, the pronouns in arabic language ( ad-domaair fil lugatil arabiyyah). basically in arabic speech, distinction is made in gender and number:

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
The singulars:

أَنَاْ - anaa - (I, same for both male and female)

أَنْتَ - anta - (you, male)

أَنْتِ - anti - (you, female)

هُوَ - huwa- (he)

هِيَ - hiya - (she)

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
The duals:
أَنْتُمَاْ - antumaa - (you, two people, same for both male and female)

هُمَاْ - huma - ( they, two people, same for both male and female)

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
The plurals:

نَحْنُ - nahnu- we ( same for both male and female, whether two , three or more people)

أَنْتُمْ - antum - you ( 3 or more people, male)

أَنْتُنَّ - antunna - you ( 3 or more people, female)

هُمْ - hum - they ( 3 or more people, male)

هُنَّ - hunna - they (3 or more people, female)

These are the basic foundations that one should try memorising and differentiating first. Ill be back to give them in exampelary sentences.

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2015
hmm. Like i feared this thread is slowly fading away.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Empiree: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
enieme:
hmm. Like i feared this thread is slowly fading away.
LA LA LA
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Empiree:
LA LA LA
sayyid, ma mana' kalimatuka ' la la la'?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Empiree: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
enieme:

sayyid, ma mana' kalimatuka ' la la la'?
"No No No" lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai / What Is "Almajiri"? Someone Please Tell Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.