Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers (14988 Views)

When Your Roommates Offend You, And You Want To Kill Them. / Creative Ways To Suck Up Your Lecturers For Extra Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Olsoo(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2015
As we all know it’s a common thing in Nigerian Universities –especially Public Universities- that students often offend Lecturers. While the lecturers sometimes are to be blamed, the silly behaviors some students exhibit cannot be exonerated as well. This article was concocted because the last time I checked, 99% of the time a lecturer has deemed that he has been offended, students bears the loss.
So Campus Dailies give to you, 4 reasons you shouldn’t infuriate your lecturer.

1) High Probability of Failing the Lecturer’s course
This, of course, needs little explanation. You offend a lecturer, you automatically become his/her enemy. He detests you and whatever can be associated to you; yourself as a person, your tests, assignments ,exams and even your colleagues. Yes! Your colleagues. So in case you’re reading this and you have that friend that has no other hobby than stepping on lecturers’ feet, you surely don’t need a priest to tell you what to do.

2) High probability of Failing the Lecturer’s colleagues courses
It is worthy of note that the support and love lecturers in the same department have and show themselves is out of this world. I equate it to the love a male toddler shows his toys and the love a female toddler has for her dolls. I remember vividly when a course mate offended Dr. X , only for Mr. Y to come to class the next day and say: “Dr. X has told me that you guys lack morals and home training. ‘We’ know what to do to you”. Did you notice the we in quotation? That explains it all.

3) Degraded Focus / Distraction
I’m very positive no one here would love to always be th topic of negative discussion by a lecturer; especially in class. He calls you to answer questions on topics that are in the 9th week on the scheme, when you’re just in the 4 weeks into resumption. He calls you names, publicly throws insults at you, awards you scores way below what you merit both in tests and assignments, the list goes on and on and on. Every right thinking student would agree that the aforementioned are step-brothers to Distraction.

4) Poor grades

You’re in school to study and obtain good grades, right? To make mama proud huh? Or is it to get that ‘Dream Job’? But how on earth is that possible when you’ve spent considerably large portion of the semester trying to get back on the good side of a lecturer? Prevention they say, is way better than cure!

There you have it people. We hope those who make a fun of offending lecturers would turn a new leaf.

-Campus Dailies

source: http://www.campusdailies.com/2015/07/4-reasons-why-you-should-not-offend.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by oluwadanie1(m): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2015
Lemme read 1st...

Modified: i hate some kind lecturers ehn, they behave like they don't have children. Could go to any length to satisfy their selfish interest and frustrate you... Mtcheeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by chemmerfrank(m): 10:16am On Jul 25, 2015
Tales by moonlight grin. Everybody seems to know why and how this days

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Ojestas(m): 10:16am On Jul 25, 2015
Naturally, some of them are saddists... U don't need to offend them before they fail u.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:16am On Jul 25, 2015
OP I can see you didn't wake up from the right side of you bed. Anyway he's my counter to ur post:

1. I'll have to READ his/her course well enough to pass
2. I'll READ HARDER the courses of his close colleagues
3. Why will a rift with a lecturer distract you? Na him/her dey pay ur school fee abi na ur parents/guardian?.
4. After doing 1 & 2 why would I fail or have poor grades?

Talking from experience though grin

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Lasgidy1(m): 10:16am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by adonbilivit: 10:16am On Jul 25, 2015
1, 3 and 4 are the same. meanwhile back in school I respected my lecturers as far as they respected me. respect is reciprocal.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by parzdor(m): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2015
P
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by brightleave(m): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2015
mmmm
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by encryptjay(m): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2015
It's only in Nigeria that some lecturers frustrate students. You don't buy his hand-out and he fails you.
You toast the girl he's after and he fails you
You don't sort him, he fails you.

Pathetic mortals

6 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Afrocatalyst: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2015
And if I do? Who needs them again. They are not my God abeg. Tell me reasons not to offend my God pls .

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Olukokosir(m): 10:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Dier is God
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Demmocrats(m): 10:18am On Jul 25, 2015
A wise man will never do that only a fool will
www.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by stboff: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2015
i don graduate, No need to read your 4 reasons.....

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by monaPhilz: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Nawaooo
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Oluwawapelumi(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2015
And do you think Karma will fold arms
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Realgana(m): 10:20am On Jul 25, 2015
I am not a student but the guy below me is,He will have something better to say.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by basigani: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2015
This is a quality post for Nairaland
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by dadaish: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2015
Nigerian lecturers are unforgiven
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by idbami2(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2015
Generally, you shld try nt to offend anybdy, eithr lecturer, or toilet cleanerr

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Lifebender(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2015
chemmerfrank:
Tales by moonlight grin. Everybody seems to know why and how this days

The now turn lecturers grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Teophilus96(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2015
Nice 9ritup.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by yorubaboiy: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2015
some will just want u to use ur blockos to block their course.....weyrey pple
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Janiobi(m): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2015
I say f**k them all. Them be God wey person no go offend? We even they offend God every single day and we no see topic on that. Nah dis yeye lecturals that knows nothing more but bribe. Them they craze there..mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by dalyricist: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2015
Seen
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by donem: 10:25am On Jul 25, 2015
Bro all those above are film tricks, during ma uni days i offended/confronted my lecturer openly in exam hall, he threatened my academics i counter threatened him too.

Unto who i be, no do wetin i for live acada give the Docke kick am 6 o...

Guess what? We later became very tight, with very strong rapport.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 25, 2015
Olsoo:
As we all know it’s a common thing in Nigerian Universities –especially Public Universities- that students often offend Lecturers. While the lecturers sometimes are to be blamed, the silly behaviors some students exhibit cannot be exonerated as well. This article was concocted because the last time I checked, 99% of the time a lecturer has deemed that he has been offended, students bears the loss.
So Campus Dailies give to you, 4 reasons you shouldn’t infuriate your lecturer.

1) High Probability of Failing the Lecturer’s course
This, of course, needs little explanation. You offend a lecturer, you automatically become his/her enemy. He detests you and whatever can be associated to you; yourself as a person, your tests, assignments ,exams and even your colleagues. Yes! Your colleagues. So in case you’re reading this and you have that friend that has no other hobby than stepping on lecturers’ feet, you surely don’t need a priest to tell you what to do.

2) High probability of Failing the Lecturer’s colleagues courses
It is worthy of note that the support and love lecturers in the same department have and show themselves is out of this world. I equate it to the love a male toddler shows his toys and the love a female toddler has for her dolls. I remember vividly when a course mate offended Dr. X , only for Mr. Y to come to class the next day and say: “Dr. X has told me that you guys lack morals and home training. ‘We’ know what to do to you”. Did you notice the we in quotation? That explains it all.

3) Degraded Focus / Distraction
I’m very positive no one here would love to always be th topic of negative discussion by a lecturer; especially in class. He calls you to answer questions on topics that are in the 9th week on the scheme, when you’re just in the 4 weeks into resumption. He calls you names, publicly throws insults at you, awards you scores way below what you merit both in tests and assignments, the list goes on and on and on. Every right thinking student would agree that the aforementioned are step-brothers to Distraction.

4) Poor grades

You’re in school to study and obtain good grades, right? To make mama proud huh? Or is it to get that ‘Dream Job’? But how on earth is that possible when you’ve spent considerably large portion of the semester trying to get back on the good side of a lecturer? Prevention they say, is way better than cure!

There you have it people. We hope those who make a fun of offending lecturers would turn a new leaf.

-Campus Dailies

source: http://www.campusdailies.com/2015/07/4-reasons-why-you-should-not-offend.html

A lecturer can only fail a Dullard...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Delta University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Lock Up School Gate (Pics) / Meet Tobiloba.Cowbell Mathematician Of The Year 2014/2015 From Hallmark Sec Sch. / Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.