Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers (14984 Views)

When Your Roommates Offend You, And You Want To Kill Them. / Creative Ways To Suck Up Your Lecturers For Extra Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by snazzy5050(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2015
I dnt get to bother my dean in my faculty is my uncle grin grin grin.
Hopefully I'd grad before is tenure expire's cheesy grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by demsid(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2015
Ok. I'm a graduate its nt 4 me.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by keandre: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2015
wetin concern me
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by africandictator(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2015
op ur topic should be.. Why you should not offend lecturers in nigerian universities..
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:30am On Jul 25, 2015
I almost made the mistake of calling for my script during my undergraduate days. Na God save me.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by demsid(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2015
I have a feeling the Op just forced himself to compile this list. They all look the same to me. Back to topic. U can afford to offend any fuc.kin lecturer in ur 100 nd 200 level days wen the class is stil large. But don't try it at higher level wen they can recognise every1 in d dept.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Bacteriocin(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2015
more than enough confrontations with lecturers while I was in school and they could not stop me from graduating with cute grade. forget all those ones wey you list, na when you no sabi wetin you go do for school one lecturer go dey do gragra for you and you go dey fear.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by NewsINigeria(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2015
wat did people want to turn this life to..becox of money..

How we kidnapped children from churches- suspect speaks
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by betandwin8484: 10:39am On Jul 25, 2015
4 reasons you said , But these 4 reasons listed are all the same.. so it just 1 reasonable reason not to offend your lecturers wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2015
huh
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by maberry(m): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2015
Naturally, some of them are saddists... U don't need to offend them before they fail u
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 25, 2015
Major One reason you should offend them

1. USE OF OUTDATED TESTBOOKS, HANDOUTS AND NOTE FOR TEACHING
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Czar01(m): 10:48am On Jul 25, 2015
In my school, we're supposed to put in our ID numbers and finger prints, instead of our names, so the lecturer doesn't even know whose script he's marking tongue

Lecturers can't victimize anybody here oh! cheesy
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by boolet: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Simply put; you get victimised when you offend your lecturers.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Johnnoo(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2015
The bottomline is you will grow grey hair in campus with carryovers...
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by IamforGod: 10:53am On Jul 25, 2015
This topic is coming when am having issues with mr. Odule. cry cry cry
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 25, 2015
most of this lecturers themselves are not clean....most of them are cold hearted psychotic devil sent demons out to crumble and destroy the lives of innocent students (note i said innocent cause they dont deserve such treatments). this bad treatment is meant for the obviously stubborn and irresponsible student. its only in naija that lecturers treat students like shit and fervently wish they fail in life. they play politics with the destiny of students, are sentiment, discriminatory and selective. the operate as demigods and dictators to students when they know that nigerian has been running a not so perfect democracy for over 16 years!
lemme narrate a true life story to you there was this student a guy from one the imbecillic naija university who was being supervised by a lady lecturer for his bsc project thesis, this woman kept on delaying this young man, and refused to go through his work because you know what.......................he refused the lady sexual advances. it took the intervention of his mother before he could graduate. when his mother to the lecturer office, she rolled on the floor and said before the lecturer kill her son, she should kill her first! they later found out the lecturer someones mother had not been checking the project work of the student that has gone from CHAPTER ONE to CHAPTER FIVE the last chapter. that was how the boy finally graduated.

i am not a fan of violence but truth be told most f these lecturers deserves to be shot not once but several times!

student/lecture relationship is very poor and at the lowest ebb in naija universities...if i will grade it , its gonna be 10%

i want this relationship significantly improved because i have close relatives and friends not one, two or three that are lecturers.

if not we will wake up to find chaos in our ivory towers will ultimately hurt the students, lecturers, parents and the society at large .
lets change our attitude. God help us all.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2015
Rubbish! Do you even have to offend your lecturer? Stay away from them,read your books to pass so you won't go begging for grades and get noticed.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2015
to add, this is one of the very reasons why you will never find naija university among top universities in the world even in Africa....you can never ever thrive in an atmosphere full of oppression and victimization where there is little or no freedom.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2015
I don't think any tertiary institution permits students to write names on their answer sheets to avoid sentiments but some stubborn ones do.

Czar01:
In my school, we're supposed to put in our ID numbers and finger prints, instead of our names, so the lecturer doesn't even know whose script he's marking tongue

Lecturers can't victimize anybody here oh! cheesy
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by AJboi(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2015
idbami2:
Generally, you shld try nt to offend anybdy, eithr lecturer, or the toilet cleanerr
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 25, 2015
In the University where I school (covenant), if you offend a lecturer, he reports you to the dean of student affairs (Azu) who'll deal with you on his own or in more serious cases, refer you to the student disciplinary committee (if you let it get to this stage, you're in deep poo). The lecturer doesn't go around tampering with your grades (sane explanation for the high no of first class and 2:1 here.) Well, that's how it should be in any fair system.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2015
You have not met a lecturer who is very stubborn and sure,your uncle will not want to lose his job. So,respect yourself wink.

snazzy5050:
Hopefully I'd grad before is tenure expire's cheesy grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2015
University of Ibadan is number 8 in Africa.

FxDuke:
to add, this is one of the very reasons why you will never find naija university among top universities in the world even in Africa....you can never ever thrive in an atmosphere full of oppression and victimization where there is little or no freedom.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by snazzy5050(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2015
peppyluv02:
You have not met a lecturer who is very stubborn and sure,your uncle will not want to lose his job. So,respect yourself wink.

All the lec fears him undecided so wah are u saying
So e should fail me Cuz we not in good term?
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2015
Fear him because he is God?
I mean you should not go stepping on any of them's toes just because you think they fear your uncle. Don't be the trap your uncle will fall into.
snazzy5050:

All the lec fears him undecided so wah are u saying
So e should fail me Cuz we not in good term?
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by snazzy5050(m): 11:33am On Jul 25, 2015
peppyluv02:
Fear him because he is God?
I mean you should not go stepping on any of them's toes just because you think they fear your uncle. Don't be the trap your uncle will fall into.
In essence of wah am saying is a lec can't fail me Cuz we not in good terms
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by dharyour93(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
snazzy5050:
Hopefully I'd grad before is [/b]tenure [b]expire's cheesy grin

Hmm I SEE
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Oluwaplumpie(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
I feel the need to reply this thread as a University lecturer. The truth is, some of us have super-egos and many have a twisted sense of entitlement. Having been once a student and having passed thru all they do, I feel there has to be grounds for sympathy when offended. But truth be told, some students are just confrontational... Some go out of their way to test ur patience, so blatantly disobey u to look good to their course mates, some will hand in empty answer sheets and expect to score A... I could go on. It's important to remember that respect is reciprocal... Even the Bible says "... Do to others as you want them to do unto u". My advice: come to class, do as ure told, study hard to know and to impress... U'll see there'll never be any offense. Some of my student actually drink with me... For crying out loud, why can't we be buddies?
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Oluwaplumpie(m): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
gassdon:
Major One reason you should offend them

1. USE OF OUTDATED TESTBOOKS, HANDOUTS AND NOTE FOR TEACHING
How about going out of ur way to research the course? I know ure provided with the course content at the start of the semester. If u feel ure being loaded with outdated crap, get online, hit the library... After all, ure studying for urself, not the lecturer.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oluwaplumpie:
How about going out of ur way to research the course? I know ure provided with the course content at the start of the semester. If u feel ure being loaded with outdated crap, get online, hit the library... After all, ure studying for urself, not the lecturer.

Even the course contents are outdated. if foundation is wrong .................?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Authentication And Legalization Of Educational Documents / Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Flee School Over Attacks From The Youths / Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.