Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Common Mistake Made During Salat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Common Mistake Made During Salat (11647 Views)

The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp / Muslim Divers Observing Salat(prayer) Under The Sea / Folding Hands (qabd) Vs Hands At The Side (sadl) During Salat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Mistake Made During Salat by mashnino(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2015

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by dominique(f): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2015
I would recommend every conscious Muslim to watch this video. Very insightful, most of these I know but we need to remind ourselves once a while. For those that may not be opportune to watch it, here are some of the things I picked;

1.Once the Imam calls for the solat to begin, join at once (some people will prefer to join after observing nawafir which can be performed anytime)

2.Always lower your gaze (some people are fond of looking upward and sideward during solat. I also sometimes do this especially when I take a peek at what my children are up to)

3. Don't race against the Imam. This is very common among the males as they have closer view of the Imam. The second the Imam calls for Ruku and Sajdah, they also doing same alongside him. Wrong!

4. Always raise your hand to shoulder level for Takbir.

5 Don't put your hands by your side during solat, your right hand over your left hand.

6. You bend with your back straight for Ruku (I call it angle 90 grin) and make sure you stand straight before going ahead to perform Sajdah.

7.Don't put your elbows on the ground when doing Sajdah. I see a lot of people do this. The seven body parts that are to touch the ground are your two palms, your nose (some people's nose don't touch the ground o), your forehead, two knees and the tip of your toes. Anything more or less is wrong.

8. Don't walk directly in front of a person that is praying. If the person did not put a sutrah (any object) directly in front of him, you can assist the person to put one there.

9. Make sure one row is filled before starting another.

10. Don't pray with distractions in the backgrounds. The Rasool (S.A.W) was particularly against pictures. Sometimes I pray with the tv on embarassed. Try to do away with all forms of distractions before praying.

11. I didn't know that you're not supposed to hastily join a congregation especially if you were dragging your feet before (I do this a lot o embarassed).You move in the same pace as you were before you heard the adhan.

12. For the men, don't wear any cloth that exposes your shoulder to observe solat.

13. Don't fidget (moving your body or adjusting your garments) while solat is on.

14. If you meet the congregation at Sajdah, don't wait for them to rise for another Rakat before joining. Always join the congregation in the exact position you meet them in.

All these points were backed with Hadiths of the Prophet (P.B.U.H). Sadly I couldn't quote them verbatim from the video. It's important that we correct anyone not observing solat in the ways of Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) the best way we can. May Allah increase us in knowledge.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by distinguished1(m): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2015
May ALLAH accept our swalaawaat. That is the first thing to be checked on the day of reckoning. Allahu Musta'an.

2 Likes

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2015
Jazakallahu Khayran, Really helpful. May Almighty Allah accept it from us. Jummah Mubaraq

1 Like

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by ketekete: 10:17am On Jul 31, 2015
May God accept our prayers .. AMIN

1 Like

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by dguizman(m): 10:19am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice info
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Omotayor123(f): 10:19am On Jul 31, 2015
Actually guilty of some..

May Allah accept our act of ibadah...

1 Like

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Autoreply(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2015
True most of us have made one or two of this mistakes, may Allah SWT forgive our mistakes. JazakAllahu Khairan

3 Likes

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by shakurkings(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Jazakum lahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by SAIBUHAR1(m): 10:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Bought
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by niaratweet: 10:22am On Jul 31, 2015
@Dominique(f). Can you please provide evidence for this point " 13. Don't do Takbir when joining the congregation for Ruku, just join them in that position. " . I really find it very strange. Thanx

11 Likes

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by modified(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Alhamdulilah what a beautiful post

2 Likes

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Mylana87(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2015
JazakAllahu khayran

2 Likes

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by modified(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2015
Pls can you provide a proof thad says do not do Takbir b4 joning Rukut. Very important

1 Like

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Kassidy90(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks for the reminder...
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 31, 2015
modified:
Pls can you provide a proof thad says do not do Takbir b4 joning Rukut. Very important

Am sure it's an error, Takbir is important before joining solah in any position
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by ardeks(m): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2015
Noted
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Justicealh3(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2015
ALLAHU Akbar. May almighty ALLAHU accept our prayer & to 4giv us our sins.
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by belamour(m): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2015
I'm guilty of been in haste to join the congreagation whenever i hear d Iqamah
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by kheart(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Op thnks a lot cos I am guilty on some of dis.
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by eluquenson(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Alhamdullilahi, the videos is very insightful.
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Thatitan234(m): 10:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Ma sha Allah thanks for enlightening us.

I think the ma'mum joining a salat, at whatever phase, must make the takbiratul- Hiram before joining.
this is because takbir is obligatory and also signifies commencement of salat. Allahu A'lam.

2 Likes

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Wasquad(m): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2015
Jazakula khairan... Jumat mubarak
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by umarc19: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2015
dominique:
I would recommend every conscious Muslim to watch this video. Very insightful, most of these I know but we need to remind ourselves once a while. For those that may not be opportune to watch it, here are some of the things I picked;

1.Once the Imam calls for the solat to begin, join at once (some people will prefer to join after observing nawafir which can be performed anytime)

2.Always lower your gaze (some people are fond of looking upward and sideward during solat. I also sometimes do this especially when I take a peek at what my children are up to)

3. Don't race against the Imam. This is very common among the males as they have closer view of the Imam. The second the Imam calls for Ruku and Sajdah, they also doing same alongside him. Wrong!

5 Don't put your hands by your side during solat, your right hand over your left hand.

6. You bend with your back straight for Ruku (I call it angle 90 grin) and make sure you stand straight before going ahead to perform Sajdah.

7.Don't put your elbows on the ground when doing Sajdah. I see a lot of people do this. The seven body parts that are to touch the ground are your two palms, your nose (some people's nose don't touch the ground o), your forehead, two knees and the tip of your toes. Anything more or less is wrong.

8. Don't walk directly in front of a person that is praying. If the person did not put a sutrah (any object) directly in front of him, you can assist the person to put one there.

10. Don't pray with distractions in the backgrounds. The Rasool (S.A.W) was particularly against pictures. Sometimes I pray with the tv on embarassed. Try to do away with all forms of distractions before praying.

11. I didn't know that you're not supposed to hastily join a congregation especially if you were dragging your feet before (I do this a lot o embarassed).You move in the same pace as you were before you heard the adhan.

12. For the men, don't wear any cloth that exposes your shoulder to observe solat.

13. Don't do Takbir when joining the congregation for Ruku, just join them in that position.

14. If you meet the congregation at Sajdah, don't wait for them to rise for another Rakat before joining. Always join the congregation in the exact position you meet them in.

All these points were backed with Hadiths of the Prophet (P.B.U.H). Sadly I couldn't quote them verbatim from the video. It's important that we correct anyone not observing solat in the ways of Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) the best way we can. May Allah increase us in knowledge.

Nice summary sister.

Jazakallahu Khair.
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by acaolly1(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2015
This is best video i have ever watched on this platform. For a true muslim, endeavour to oblige by the rules of Solat, it pays than ignorance and Shirk... Maa salam
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by huxxain(m): 11:19am On Jul 31, 2015
Jazakallahu khair
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by moufan: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2015
thanks for the info, jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by habss: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2015
Allah is great
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Xxpress(m): 11:43am On Jul 31, 2015
Janzakumlai khairan
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by BabaAlaji(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2015
JazakAllah bil jannah OP.
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by MDelgado(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2015
dominique:

13. Don't do Takbir when joining the congregation for Ruku, just join them in that position.

God bless you Sis
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by eherbal(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
Guilty. Will Adjust Insha Allah

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Open Letter To All Muslims / How Is It Possible For A Man To Be Just Among His 4 Wives? / Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.