Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,357 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) (45583 Views)

Boko Haram Member's Hand And Leg Chopped Off By Insurgents (Photos) / AirForce's "Love Letter" To Boko Haram Insurgents. Photo / The Suicide Belt Used By Boko Haram Insurgents - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Demmocrats(m): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
dadee007:

Knowledge is Power. There is no army in the world that wears full bomb disposal gear to defuse IEDs. It is an ongoing war and soldiers are on the move. Just imagine how cumbersome that same gear would be walking hundreds of miles through the jungle for days while executing a war. Let us not try and belittle everything we have.

I take a bow, talking from experience it seems you are a military guy or a relation.

Bro nice one totally impressed
www.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by sinkhole: 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
But they could have used another explosive (say a grenade) to destroy that bomb now, you can only save others when you are alive o! Besides, the officer who gave that soldier the order to use bare hand to difuse a bomb is very wicked
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by onunwa21(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dat guy get mind. Did Nigeria govt promise him death allowance?
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by likila: 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
I no wan look.
I still dey regret looking that foolish kaduna mopol some years back
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by xtervaganza(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
So they sent the young man to kill himself eh

Why is he touching bombs with his hands? What hapoened to all that billions of dollars security budget?
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by enomakos(m): 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Great job soldier but
did't they have protective gears?
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by enomakos(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
sinkhole:
But they could have used another explosive (say a grenade) to destroy that bomb now, you can only save others when you are alive o! Besides, the officer who gave that soldier the order to use bare hand to difuse a bomb is very wicked
seconded
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by missKiffy(f): 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
God punish boko haram embarassed
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by success10(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
rifasenate11:

I think his name is Sunday badang
Sgt Sunday Badang Died In The Bomb Blast At Ungwar Sarki In Kaduna: he is from Jos
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by skipper9526: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Cutehector:
Reminds me of d police man dat tried defusing a bomb and it blew him off...
once upon a time in KD...
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
Very unprofessional and primitive. I can now see one of the reasons why Boko Haram is winning the terror fights!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by roob: 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=Demmocrats post=36253861]Nigerian army will kill me oh with laugh removing explosive with no full explosive protect gear.
www.[/quote

Bro. The question is, do we have one of those in naija?
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Cannonleo(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
Demmocrats:
Nigerian army will kill me oh with laugh removing explosive with no full explosive protect gear.
www.
agreed but take a look at the crater again what do you see,a basic homemade IED,basic 202 of course IED in kontagora anti-terrorism training institute places it on different scales,that which you see is not high caliber and the soldier has the the essential job of disabling it before removing,note in as much as protective gear is needed VBIEDs are accorded that right.a mine detector and poker does the job for basic IED kapish.point noted thou
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Cannonleo(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, what that officer did in Kaduna and got blown to pieces wasn't in a any way an act of sacrifice and bravery; it was instead the greatest display of foolishness and emotionalism.

And then the one about whom this thread was created tried to defuse an dangerous device without full protective gear! That was another display of madness.
I disagree totally, I watched the police officers conduct in kaduna on video and what he did recked of recklessness and unproffesionalism,poking an IED laden bag furiously first failure,dragging it !more failure then kaboooom

I think you guys are over senstionalised by fancy gears and practices and forget that on the ground things differ when your dealing with basic IED ,anti personnel or anti tank mines ,u need your metal detector. first common sense and breakers to do the job,in the army u are trainned to do things in any condition.

till today almost all militaries diffuse these brands in hostile situations basically,US troops still do that in helmend province ..key thing to note is once you disable then removal is easy
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by babafirst(m): 5:36am On Jul 26, 2015
Have good conscience to provide these soldiers with 'even' just half of the equipment they require and you will see them perform magic.The Nigerian soldier is brave and 'he' has never dissapointed even from the time of Burma Campaign. And just to add, I do not subscribe to the kind of 'bravery' above.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by veron007: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Islie:

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/07/see-photo-of-nigerian-soldier-removing.html?m=1

Stupid and irresponsible for the government to send a soldier to diffuse a bomb without proper protective gear! This can only be seen in a ZOO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by kadunasouth(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
imhotep:

May Allah expose the nigerian soldiers who are smuggling arms to boko haram.
Bijayi sayyidi hujudi. Amin
Ameen my brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by zonax(m): 1:39am On Jul 28, 2015
dearpreye:

This isn't an act of patriotism, but stupidity, mindless risk taking and deliberate exposure to hazard. He should be sanctioned ASAP. Of course, you don't expect a smart White serviceman to do that!
Easy bro. We aunt fighting yet.
Yes I agree with you that he went contrary to the standard ethics of "bomb detonation ",but an indepth look at it and the situation on ground, probably the military did not provide him with necessary equipment needed for the task,he did the job out of patriotism and in accordance with the rules of engagement, his greatest tool was his guts and maybe cheers from onlookers. The solider probably said his last prayer before he did that detonation.
If I were to judge, I will applaud him for his bravery and commitment to his father land. Had he left the job waiting till they equip him properly, who knows, we might just be doing another body count (of victims) and someone will open a thread for it here on nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 28, 2015
zonax:

Easy bro. We aunt fighting yet.
Yes I agree with you that he went contrary to the standard ethics of "bomb detonation ",but an indepth look at it and the situation on ground, probably the military did not provide him with necessary equipment needed for the task,he did the job out of patriotism and in accordance with the rules of engagement, his greatest tool was his guts and maybe cheers from onlookers. The solider probably said his last prayer before he did that detonation.
If I were to judge, I will applaud him for his bravery and commitment to his father land. Had he left the job waiting till they equip him properly, who knows, we might just be doing another body count (of victims) and someone will open a thread for it here on nairaland.

My brother, that wasn't in any way an act of bravery and patriotism, but pure suicide. I've watched that video more than once. The bomb wasn't an immediate threat to anyone since people had identified it and called the attention of the serviceman. Good judgment would have indicated he wait for proper personal gear before doing what I still term suicidal.

As far as you agrees he went contrary to ethics of bamboo detonation, then there's no more argument here. He simply lost his life by trying to appear smart, deceived by the cheering onlookers, and walked needlessly into his own grave. Period!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by zonax(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
dearpreye:

My brother, that wasn't in any way an act of bravery and patriotism, but pure suicide. I've watched that video more than once. The bomb wasn't an immediate threat to anyone since people had identified it and called the attention of the serviceman. Good judgment would have indicated he wait for proper personal gear before doing what I still term suicidal.

As far as you agrees he went contrary to ethics of bamboo detonation, then there's no more argument here. He simply lost his life by trying to appear smart, deceived by the cheering onlookers, and walked needlessly into his own grave. Period!

Thanks for your remark
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by jelal007(m): 7:53am On Aug 22, 2015
sunnyuche1:

ur problem lies in ur tongue. The insults u shower on people in after u. please change.
Remove the stone in ur eyes 1st, ur 'ignorance' is beyond human comprehension.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by jamace(m): 9:18am On Aug 22, 2015
Hmm. Facing a known danger with prayers instead of with professionalism. Oh, Nigeria! SMH angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agom Adara Dead! Maiwada Galadima Killed By Kidnappers: 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna / Buhari Says Edo Central, Forgets He's In Ondo / Police Arrest Two Suspects Over Killing Of Female Student In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.