Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos (2052 Views)

Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:42am On Jul 26, 2015
Nigeria’s wartime leader, Gen Yakubu Gowon, says
“Nigeria is better off with Igbos.” He spoke while
delivering an oration at the burial service for Chief
(Mrs.) Chinyere Asika, wife of the former Sole
Administrator of East Central State; just as the
governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano,
described the deceased as a woman who exemplified the virtue of patience, charity and humility. The service took place at the All Saints Anglican Cathedral, Onitsha, Anambra State.

Gowon’s declaration was borne out of a deep
appreciation of the commitment and sacrifice of the
deceased and her husband, Ajie Ukpabi Asika, to the survival of Nigeria as one entity. The former Head of State recalled that when he proposed the post of Sole Administrator of East Central State, Asika told me, “I prefer to do this for the good of Igbo people.”

He went on: “I was struggling to get an administrator for the newly created East Central State when the name of the late Ukpabi Asika came up. He was then a lecturer at Ibadan. When we met, I did not know which one of us was younger. But he exuded strength of character and understanding, and wanted to start work immediately. I cautioned him to think about it. I told him, `you must consult your brothers, and your wife to know if you would accept’. I came away convinced that this was the man I needed.

“I did not know how to place his wife, Chinyere, but
when she arrived from Kenya, she plunged head-on
into the idea. She was a courageous woman, caring
and humble. I remember her efforts in “Otu Olu
Obodo”- a public service initiative which she used as a tool of empowerment for her Igbo kinsmen and women.”

Obiano told the children and the Asika family to
imbibe the virtues of patience, charity and humility
from Mrs Asika, while urging the congregation and
Ndi Anambra to remember “her good deeds and
pray for the repose of her soul.”

The service was attended by many prominent
personalities including a former Minister of Defence, Gen T.Y. Danjuma, who represented President Muhammadu Buhari.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/gowon-we-are-better-off-with-igbos/
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Greenarrow01(m): 8:45am On Jul 26, 2015
ONE NATION !
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by INTROVERT(f): 8:45am On Jul 26, 2015
definately
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Yehman(m): 8:48am On Jul 26, 2015
INTROVERT:
definately
Nwanyi Oma, kedu?
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Lordemperoris100(m): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2015
Wow, i agreed.so tell buhari to Let us go

biafra

1 Like

Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by vayne(m): 9:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Gowon! Gowon!! Gowon!!!

How many times did I call you
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Femolacaster(m): 9:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Waiting for brainwashed dingbats to come and vent their frustration on Gowon!

1 Like

Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by mrvitalis(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2015
Gowon did what he could... .. I understand.. ...
But the person we igbos will never forgive is that one that ate too much oil soups. .. .. and decided to give us £20.....
Well he killed him self sha

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:27am On Jul 26, 2015
Hahahaha!
Go On With One Nigeria (GOWON), he was in Biafra land and nothing happen to him.

They only know how to rant on faceless forum.

Bunch of empty chest beaters.
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by stevnwigw: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Hahahaha!
Go On With One Nigeria (GOWON), he was in Biafra land and nothing happen to him.

come o boy ,how old are u?
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by ahaz: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2015
mrvitalis:
But the person we igbos will never forgive is that one that ate too much oil soups. .. .. and decided to give us £20.....
are you talking about the frog eyed Mr I too know and sophisticated hero who is painfully daft to mistaken otapiapia for ogogoro.
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:42am On Jul 26, 2015
stevnwigw:
come o boy ,how old are u?

Why do you ask?

I was born and raised up in the mist of different languages.

Ijaw, Itshekiri, Ohrobo, Isoko, Esan, Nupe Mainly minority tribes.

I have lived along the Niger River. (Niger Bank).

Illah in Delta state, Onitsha in Anambra state, Idah and Odachala in Kogi state and Illushi in Edo state.
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by ahaz: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Hahahaha!

funny enough you mango heads call igbos chest beaters, but it's common knowledge that you grasshoppers re the trade mark cowards of nija indisputable. Ask your dad or ur mum to tell u d reason why u cowards jump like grasshoppers when engaging in any fight.

1 Like

Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:46am On Jul 26, 2015
ahaz:
funny enough you mango heads call igbos chest beaters, but it's common knowledge that you grasshoppers re the trade mark cowards of nija indisputable. Ask your dad or ur mum to tell u d reason why u cowards jump like grasshoppers when engaging in any fight.

Keep on ranting on faceless forum.
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by nnachukz(m): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2015
ahaz:
are you talking about the frog eyed Mr I too know and sophisticated hero who is painfully daft to mistaken otapiapia for ogogoro.
Guy no kill me with laughter. You mean he mistook otapiapia for ogogoro. chei!!
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by UncleJudax(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2015
INTROVERT:
definately
Definitelykiss
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by juman(m): 11:08am On Jul 26, 2015
Obviously one nigeria idea has been a failure. Deliberate failure by the just few people.

There is nothing to be proud so far about this 54 years old country with less than 4 MW of electricity and other infrastructure down.
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by explorer250(m): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by mrvitalis(m): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2015
ahaz:
U must be wise
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Horllamideh(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
mrvitalis:

Chief Awolowo fun rare......hez dead but his manhood lives on fucking and riding some people to hate-filled orgasm.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by mrvitalis(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
Horllamideh:

Chief Awolowo fun rare......hez dead but his manhood lives on fucking and riding some people to hate-filled orgasm.
Awolowo? undecided
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Deltagiant: 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Really? Gowon, to be honest, Igbos are better off on their own. Come on! Why not give us an example of how your own plateau people have been enjoying the bounties of one peaceful and prosperous Nigeria? Make a convincing argument or shut it!
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Horllamideh(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
mrvitalis:
Awolowo? undecided
datz the man.....u knw him too??
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Nsonso: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Hahahaha!

His people are presently reaping the juicy fruit of one Nigeria from the kind gesture and aesthetic behaviour of fulani herdsmen. Guess what..? Your people are next just as the north are being blessed by BH. Be rest assured that all of u must experience, even far worst, what we passed through from 1966-1970.
YOU BASTARD, SON OF A LovePeddler.
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by basilo101: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
At least he was honest to accept dat Nigeria nids igbos more, unlike Yoruba ppl who claim igbos r irrelevant but cnt explain why dia kinsmen followed biafrans up to owerri to beg them to return to nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by wisdomguy4u(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lordemperoris100:
Wow, i agreed.so tell buhari to Let us go

biafra

He said better off with igbos, not better off without igbos
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by CSTR2: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hopeless slowpoke.
Enforced a one -nigeria that is more or less a curse to every sensible human being on planet earth.
illiterate.
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Proffdada: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
proffdada is typing......
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by ganja06(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by disumusa: 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Horllamideh:

are you trying to mistake pej qoate,which state that ojuku was late but the man hood is alife.
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by mensdept: 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
LOL Nigeria's "wartime leader". More like Queen Eliza's lil bit.ch in the African sun
Re: Gowon: Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos by Horllamideh(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
disumusa:
are you trying to mistake pej qoate,which state that ojuku was late but the man hood is alife.
it's not a mistake.....what i am trying to say is clear, hatred against obafemi awolowo keeps growing geometrically everyday all thanks to his advice during the war.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Borrow Airtime From MTN, Etisalat, Glo & Airtel Without Paying Back / Nigeria Arrests one of its biggest Oil Tycoon As Corruption Probe Widens / IMF Cuts Nigeria’s GDP Growth Forecast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.