Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2276 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Frontpage topic https://www.nairaland.com/2445936/list-30-pairs-bible-verses

Firstly SuperSuave, I would like to commend you for bringing up this topic as I once saw it somewhere but had not the time to respond. I would also like to apologise to you on hehalf of our overzealous brethren who keep saying you had no understanding of scriptures because you had not
the Holy Spirit.

Picking up Paul's points in public when not in church it is better to speak in plain tongue as your speaking in tongues benefits no one then. Even I find it easier to respond if a muslim prays in common tongue. This is an open forum and simple english would be greatly appreciated.
1 Corinthians 14:23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

Seeming discrepancies, when cleared up, confirm the genuineness of Scripture; for they show there was no collusion between the writers. I am sorry mactoni91 as I do not believe I can right now go through to answer all your almost 100 contradictions but if time permits someday maybe I could.

Thou shalt not kill. —Exodus 20:13
Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side. and slay every man his brother…companion…neighbor.—Exodus 32:27

Ans 1

The old testament has a lot of wars, fights and killings. It is a matter of getting lessons from what caused those events and the thereafters. Even the common law that does support killing acknowledges killing in the name of self defence as being legal.

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. —Revelation 8:7
And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. —Revelation 9:4

Ans 2

In the previous verse One third of the greens were destroyed while in the second there was a decree that ensured the remaining two thirds were not hurt but preserved.

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord. —Proverbs 12:22
The Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. —I Kings 22:23

Ans 3

I would add an agreement witho our brothers in Islam that every good and bad thing that happens to a man comes from Go as he permits the punisher to go ahead. Once judgement in proclaimed any one can 'touch' the accused. Remember when satan as well as other 'sons of God' came before God in the book of Job, it was not for play. He is called the accuser and serpent.

Ecc 10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh through a wall, a serpent shall bite him.

Amo 9:3 And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and it shall bite them.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness which is of me, saith Jehovah.

The bible is full of rules
Pro 6:29 So he that goeth in to his neighbor's wife; Whosoever toucheth her shall not be unpunished.
God help if the acclaimed husband is a spiritual entity.

Simply obey the rules else the constitution of God laws could be used even against God's children if they fall short. They are meant to protect us from accusable faults and harm.

Remember even the witchdoctors always checks if one's ' ori gba abode' - is vulnerable to know if an accused has an outstanding verdict and can be harmed of not.

And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month…Nebuzaradan…came…unto Jerusalem… —2 Kings 25:8
…in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month …came Nebuzaradan…into Jerusalem… —Jeremiah 52:12

Ans 4

In attempting to reconcile these two passages, it must be supposed either that, though he had set out on the seventh, he did not arrive in Jerusalem till the tenth, or that he did not put his orders in execution till that day.

But in 2Ki_25:8, it is said "the seventh day." Nebuzara-dan started from Riblah on the "seventh" day and arrived in Jerusalem on the "tenth" day. Seeming discrepancies, when cleared up, confirm the genuineness of Scripture; for they show there was no collusion between the writers; as in all God's works there is latent harmony under outward varieties.

Jamieson, Fausset and Brown Commentary

For by grace are ye saved through faith…not of works. —Ephesians 2:8,9
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. —James 2:24

Ans 5

Saved by faith because we believed not because we worked or deserved it. But, we have to show fruits which is works in our daily lives just as James said

Jam 2:16 and one of you say unto them, Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; and yet ye give them not the things needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it have not works, is dead in itself.
Jam 2:18 Yea, a man will say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith apart from thy works, and I by my works will show thee my faith.

If our salvation was given us freely as Paul siad
Eph 2:9 not of works, that no man should glory.
It is necessary to maintain our salvation with works as well.

Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8
Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9

And 6

2Ch 36:9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign; and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of Jehovah.

2Ki 24:8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign; and he reigned in Jerusalem three months: and his mother's name was Nehushta the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.
2Ki 24:15 And he carried away Jehoiachin to Babylon; and the king's mother, and the king's wives, and his officers, and the chief men of the land, carried he into captivity from Jerusalem to Babylon.

Obviously there was an error in Chronicles with the age being eight instead of eighteen in Kings. He is said to have wives and since precedence does not show israelite kings inheriting the prvious king's wives it would be out of place for a eight year old kid to have wives. Also what kind of grevious sin could an eight year old kid have done for God to totally reject him

Jer 22:24 As I live, saith Jehovah, though Coniah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah were the signet upon my right hand, yet would I pluck thee thence

Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy…and they shall be your possession…they shall be your bondmen forever. —Leviticus 25:45-46
Undo the heavy burdens…let the oppressed go free …break every yoke. —Isaiah 58:6

Ans 7

The term 'forever' was not mentioned in the various bible versions I research. Could be a slip. For servants, the year of jubilee (every 7yrs) was designated to free them on which promted the Isiah verse because some were not doing that but kept reserving the servants.

Lev 25:47 And if a stranger or sojourner with thee be waxed rich, and thy brother be waxed poor beside him, and sell himself unto the stranger or sojourner with thee, or to the stock of the stranger's family;
Lev 25:48 after that he is sold he may be redeemed: one of his brethren may redeem him;
Lev 25:54 And if he be not redeemed by these means, then he shall go out in the year of jubilee, he, and his children with him.

For I am the Lord; I change not. —Malachi 3:6
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. —Exodus 32:14

And 8

I believe if you are on the receiving end of a judgement asking for mercy means God changing his mind and you sure hope he changes it else suffering continues.

For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5
The Lord is good to all. —Psalms 145:9

And 9

He could be life or death depending on the situation. Punisher or savior. Healer or illness.
For his mercies endured forever and he made mincemeat of the egyptians for the sake of israel.

No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18
For I have seen God face to face. —Genesis 32:30

And 10

There is no argument that Jacob saw an angel. Abraham saw three angels as well but in both cases the words from God as God via the angels were spoken to the patriachs.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 10:18am On Jul 26, 2015
Contd.

For every man shall bear his own burden. —Galatians 6:2
Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. —Galatians 6:2

Ans 11

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
I do not see the first verse being represented in any bible versions. Even at that carrying your own burden as well as another's is an act of brotherliness.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23
There was a man…who name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright. —Job 1:1

Ans 12

Remember that Christ is coming for a church pure, holy and blameless. That was the state of the man Job. The natural man is born into sin and with instincts begin to act upon it before long. There would not have been a cause for asking for forgiveness were sin not evident.

Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Kings 8:26
Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Chronicles 22:2

Ans 13

2Ki 8:16 And in the fifth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel, Jehoshaphat being then king of Judah, Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat king of Judah began to reign.
2Ki 8:17 Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem.
2Ki 8:24 And Joram slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David; and Ahaziah his son reigned in his stead.

2Ki 8:26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah the daughter of Omri king of Israel.
2Ch 22:2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem: and his mother's name was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

From verse 17 above it is evident that Joram father of Ahaziah was forty years when he died and his son could only have been twenty two years old when he took after his father's throne. The 2nd Chronicles part could only have been a wrong typo from the transcribers of the book of Chronicles as the son could not have been two years older than his own father. Pretty lousy I would say for historians of a whole kingdom.

Submit yourself to every ordinance of man…to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors. —I Peter 2:13
We ought to obey God rather than men. —Acts 5:29

Ans 14

Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
1Pe 2:17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

To ever man and designated authority there is a regard meant to be shown. When that is in opposition to the rules of God then obeying God stands supreme.

And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. —Mark 16:2
The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. —John 20:1

Mat 28:1 Now late on the sabbath day, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Mar 16:2 And very early on the first day of the week, they come to the tomb when the sun was risen.
Luk 24:1 But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came unto the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared.
Joh 20:1 Now on the first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, while it was yet dark, unto the tomb, and seeth the stone taken away from the tomb.

The same message could be gotten from all 4 gospels that the women got there early in the morning and were all agreed to the same point. THey could have left while it was yet dark from the home base and gotten there at first light or it could just have been each writer's own depiction of the time of day depending. The agreement - early in the morning.

And it was the third hour, and they crucified him. —Mark 15:25
…about the sixth hour… they cried out…crucify him….Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. —John 19:14-16

As in ancient times all the numbers were written in the manuscripts not at large but in numeral letters, it was easy for Γ three, to be mistaken for Ϛ six. The Codex Bezae has generally numeral letters instead of words. Bengel observes that he has found the letter Γ gamma, Three, exceedingly like the Ϛ episemon, Six, in some MSS. The major part of the best critics think that τριτη, the third, is the genuine reading. See the note on Mar_15:25.

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned… —Romans 5:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death. —John 8:51

Ans 17

Now on this point I would say the original compiler was being cheeky/trickish if he/she actually went through the later verses of the same Romans chapter 5 scripture and intentionally left it out. And of course Christ was the one in the John verse.

Rom 5:17 For if, by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, even Jesus Christ.
Rom 5:18 So then as through one trespass the judgment came unto all men to condemnation; even so through one act of righteousness the free gift came unto all men to justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the one shall the many be made righteous.

Ans 18

Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. —Genesis 9:3
It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall. —Romans 14:21

Vexing mode activated. Self explaining.

Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?…And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly… —Matthew 27:13-14
Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?…Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? —John 18:33-34

Easy, could have not answered the first question in the Matthew verse but answered the John vere question. Give me something harder pls.

For he cast two pillars of brass, of eighteen cubits high apiece: and a line of twelve cubits did compass either of them about. —1 Kings 7:15
Also he made before the house two pillars of thirty and five cubits high, and the chapiter that was on the top of each of them was five cubits. —2 Chronicles 3:15

The cast brass pillars for the temple were eighteen cubits in height while the stone base could have made up the full height to thirty-five cubits high. Notice that 1st Kings stated brass pillars specifically as eighteen cubits but 2nd Chronicles stated the pilars as thirty-five without making mention of the whole thirty-five as bronze or stone.

Ha ha ha, I even found the picture sef.

http://nccg.org/lev20130112.html

http://www.holypal.com/profiles/blogs/and-where-did-he-get-the-brass-work-what-furnace-what-forge-the
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 10:19am On Jul 26, 2015
Reserved for parts 21-30. Contd.

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. —Proverbs 26:5

Ans 21

Nice that the verses in this case are close to one another. There is a time and place for everything. Sometimes an instruction might be avoided under certain conditions and in this case the condition was even stated.
Consider a scenario where a 9yr old kid was told to sit down on a seat in the park. If a trailer losing control should loses control and heads his way what should he do?

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. —Matthew 5:16

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. —Matthew 6:1

Ans 22

Mat 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your righteousness before men, to be seen of them: else ye have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.
Mat 6:2 When therefore thou doest alms, sound not a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men.

Verily I say unto you, They have received their reward.
Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mat 6:4 that thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret shall recompense thee.
Mat 6:5 And when ye pray, ye shall not be as the hypocrites: for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be

seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have received their reward.

Not to broadcast your 'goodness'

Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

But be known for good.

Without doubt if you do a good deed and keeping it up, men will know about it but the restriction the bible places on us is to ensure we do not let this get into our

skulls for the sake of men's knowledge and praises (election time rings a bell) which the bible terms "They have received their reward". A mwarning many yet fail to heed.

And [Judas] cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. —Matthew 27:5

Now [Judas] purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. —Acts 1:18

Ans 23

Joh 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John
Joh 4:2 (although Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples),

The same principle applies.

Mat 27:3 Then Judas, who betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and

elders,
Mat 27:4 saying, I have sinned in that I betrayed innocent blood. But they said, What is that to us? see thou to it.
Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver into the sanctuary, and departed; and he went away and hanged himself.
Mat 27:6 And the chief priests took the pieces of silver, and said, It is not lawful to put them into the treasury, since it is the price of blood.
Mat 27:7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.

Mat 27:8 Wherefore that field was called, the field of blood, unto this day.

Judas by his act of betrayal 'bought' the field though we know in actual fact that it was the priest that did the actual purchase from money made available by Judas

himself. Even dead men still carry out feats long after they are gone and it attributed to them.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. —Matthew 10:34

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. —John 16:33

And 24

Without a doubt though the gospel of Jesus Christ though intended to create peace has caused strife and discord among people. Brother against brother, father against

son, friend against friend and so on. How many times because you decided to stick to your religious principles have you met with those that want to withstand you

beause it is not in their interests.
Till date christians for their faith are being killed.

Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour cometh, that whosoever killeth you shall think that he offereth service unto God.
Joh 16:3 And these things will they do, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark. —Genesis 6:19

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. —Genesis 7:2

Ans 25

I would use the bronze pillars answer in this case as well. A minimum of two of each kind of animal goes in. For some others seven of each sex and the specification of which types was given.
E.g Wash all the pots used for the celebration. Leave that clay one that has a broken rim.

And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart… —Matthew 17:1

And it came to pass about an[b] eight days after [/b] these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. —Luke 9:28

Ans 26

After six days - Mar_9:2, has the same number; but Luke says, Luk_9:28, after eight days. The reason of this difference seems to be the following: Matthew and Mark reckon the days from that mentioned in the preceding chapter, to that mentioned in this; Luke includes both days, as well as the six intermediate: hence, the one makes eight, the other six, without any contradiction. - Adam Clarke Commentary

And after six days - That is, six days from the conversation recorded in the last chapter.
Luke Luk_9:28 says, about an eight days after. Matthew mentions the six days that intervened between the day of the conversation and the transfiguration. Luke includes both those days, and thus reckons eight. Besides, Luke does not pretend to fix the precise time. He says, “about an eight days after.” - Albert Barnes Commentary

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. —Matthew 26:52

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. —Luke 22:36

Ans 27

Mat 26:51 And behold, one of them that were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and smote the servant of the high priest, and struck off his ear.
Mat 26:52 Then saith Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into its place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Luk 22:50 And a certain one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and struck off his right ear.
Luk 22:51 But Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye them thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

However, the most satisfactory interpretation is that which regards it as a caution to Peter. Peter was rash. Alone he had attacked the whole band. Jesus told him that his unseasonable and imprudent defense might be the occasion of his own destruction. In doing it he would endanger his life, for they who took the sword perished by it. This was probably a proverb, denoting that they who engaged in wars commonly perished there. - Albert Barnes Commentary

I guess to appease the crowd there Jesus healed the ear of the servant. Of course Jesus intended from the luke verse that his disciples would need the purse (for money), script (for wirting) and the sword (for self defence). Jesus' warning to his protector and to us is to know the types of battles we can win before engaging ourselves in it. In this case however the protector had attacked law enforcement.

Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death. —II Samuel 6:23

But the king took the two sons of Rizpah…and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul. —II Samuel 21:8

Ans 28

2Sa 21:8 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she bare to Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite

I would say at this point the original compiler of this writeup is indeed trickish as he/she intentionally left out the ending part of the second verse. Michal had a husband named Adriel with whom she had at least five sons. When she married David afterwards she never had an issue for him. So the sons being used as ransom here were her children from a previous marriage thus she was not barren.

…the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach… —I Timothy 6:15-16

The Lord reigneth; let the earth rejoice… clouds and darkness are round about him. —Psalms 97:1-2

Ans 29

That is what we call ominipresence

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, thou art there.
Psa 139:9 If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Psa 139:10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, And thy right hand shall hold me.
Psa 139:11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall overwhelm me, And the light about me shall be night;
Psa 139:12 Even the darkness hideth not from thee, But the night shineth as the day: The darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: —Proverbs 24:17

The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked. —Psalms 58:1

Ans 30

While it is that in happiness evil has come upon another man it is just that they are punished for their crimes moreso as a determent to others. A lot of this is coming soon in our country Nigeria in coming months. Remember we are being commanded to pray for our enemies.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy:
Mat 5:44 but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you;
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2015
Following........
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by menesheh(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2015
Typing...
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Parts 11-20 Completed.
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2015
Parts 21-30 Completed.

I hope Supersuave I have answered your questions about these contradictions. Feel free to point to any one* you* have further questions about.
A good help for future purposes is getting the esword bible software. It is free. Also get some bible commentaries with it.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by SuperSuave(m): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:
Parts 21-30 Completed.

I hope Supersuave I have answered your questions about these contradictions. Feel free to point to any toy have further questions about.
A good help for future purposes is getting the esword bible software. It is free. Also get some bible commentaries with it.

Wishing you well - Teemy
you did a good job bro, thank you for taking your time on this.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, OAM4J balance the equation pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 6:58am On Aug 23, 2015
emusmith
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
OAM4J see if you could add this for this weekend treat as a complement to the original frontpage thread.
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by malvisguy212: 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
teemy:
OAM4J see if you could add this for this weekend treat as a complement to the original thread.
nice one brother.

Many times you will see some detractor
bring out a list of so-called contradictions. There are many online
and some are quite long. All go to great
lengths to try and prove that the Bible is
filled with errors. However, if one is
looking at these passages objectively,
you will find it is the list maker who is
being dishonest in his approach. That's
because they have chosen to ignore the
context in which the statement.

You see,CONTEXT is really the thing that
determines what the speaker is trying to
convey for any passage. If I were to say "I missed my family today" you may
assume that I meant I felt a longing to be with my family when I couldn't. However, if I put the sentence in this context: "I missed my family.It looks like they left five minutes before I arrived." then the meaning of the statement changes dramatically. Finally, if the context is "We had a great time at the picnic. I hit all my friends with water balloons. I missed my family." then we have another meaning.

Let's extend this idea to two statements.
If I were to tell a co-worker on Monday "I had some good family time at the picnic", then later tell someone else "I missed my family" you might think this is a contradiction, but since the context for the second sentence may be understood in a different manner, you can quickly see that the contradiction doesn't exist. Most of the contradiction fell into this error,the critics ignore the LARGE context. You CANNOT explained the whole context with just ONE VERSE.

"The Bible must be the invention either of good men or angels, bad men or devils, or of God. However, it was not
written by good men, because good men would not tell lies by saying ‘Thus saith the Lord;’ it was not written by bad men because they would not write about doing good duty, while condemning sin,and themselves to hell; thus, it must be written by divine inspiration”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by UyiIredia(m): 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
E go pain pesin if afta all the work Supersuave no gree change im mind.
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 6:32am On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:
E go pain pesin if afta all the work Supersuave no gree change im mind.
on the contrary supersuave was not the original compiler of the list but just brought it here for all to help out in giving answers.
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by teemy(m): 6:39am On Nov 08, 2015
that was epic malvisguy212. a little twist to either tone or paused timing could create or destroy depending on the weapon(words) holder. i believed the compiler was looking for true answers initially until i started getting to clear cut ones but I believe some would have a thing or two to gain from irrespective though.

You see,CONTEXT is really the thing that
determines what the speaker is trying to
convey for any passage. If I were to say "I missed my family today" you may
assume that I meant I felt a longing to be with my family when I couldn't. However, if I put the sentence in this context: "I missed my family.It looks like they left five minutes before I arrived." then the meaning of the statement changes dramatically. Finally, if the context is "We had a great time at the picnic. I hit all my friends with water balloons. I missed my family." then we have another meaning.
Re: Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by malvisguy212: 9:44am On Nov 08, 2015
teemy:
that was epic malvisguy212. a little twist to either tone or paused timing could create or destroy depending on the weapon(words) holder. i believed the compiler was looking for true answers initially until i started getting to clear cut ones but I believe some would have a thing or two to gain from irrespective though.
God bless you my brother.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticala

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nairaland Atheists Behave Silly Sometimes? / Inspiring Story Of How Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn Started / Sinning deliberately under Grace (Hebrews 10:26-27)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.