Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (78805 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by SuperSuave(m): 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
This is not the first time I noticed some bible verses are actually saying the opposite of another. Isn't the gospel supposed to be preached in one accord? I first noticed that Jesus Christ actually turned water into wine(alcoholic wine not fruit wine cos my Yoruba bible says "oti wine"wink which means Jesus somehow endorses wine. In the same Bible again I saw in Galatians(can't remember the chapter and verse), where the fruits of the flesh were listed, drunkenness was listed also. undecided

Another thing that ultimately made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. —Hebrews 8:7

Another one was when God brought a sheet unto Peter which contained various four-legged and two-legged animals and beasts of different kind, then God told Peter to arise, kill and eat. Peter refused saying he cannot eat unclean things, God rebuked him by saying how can he(Peter) call the things He(God) created unclean?

And later I read another verse where God outlined the forbidden animals, birds and beasts we should not eat. undecided

I was confused, so I went online to checkout if there are more Bible verses that contradicts one another, the ones I found are listed below[/font][/size][/b][/color]

Thou shalt not kill. —Exodus 20:13

Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side. and slay every man his brother…companion…neighbor.—Exodus 32:27

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. —Revelation 8:7

And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. —Revelation 9:4

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord. —Proverbs 12:22

The Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. —I Kings 22:23

And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month…Nebuzaradan…came…unto Jerusalem… —2 Kings 25:8

…in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month …came Nebuzaradan…into Jerusalem… —Jeremiah 52:12

For by grace are ye saved through faith…not of works. —Ephesians 2:8,9

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. —James 2:24

Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8

Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9

Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy…and they shall be your possession…they shall be your bondmen forever. —Leviticus 25:45-46

Undo the heavy burdens…let the oppressed go free …break every yoke. —Isaiah 58:6

For I am the Lord; I change not. —Malachi 3:6

And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. —Exodus 32:14

For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5

The Lord is good to all. —Psalms 145:9

No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18

For I have seen God face to face. —Genesis 32:30

For every man shall bear his own burden. —Galatians 6:2

Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. —Galatians 6:2

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23

There was a man…who name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright. —Job 1:1

Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Kings 8:26

Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Chronicles 22:2

Submit yourself to every ordinance of man…to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors. —I Peter 2:13

We ought to obey God rather than men. —Acts 5:29

And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.  —Mark 16:2

The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. —John 20:1

And it was the third hour, and they crucified him. —Mark 15:25

…about the sixth hour… they cried out…crucify him….Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. —John 19:14-16

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned… —Romans 5:12

Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death. —John 8:51

Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. —Genesis 9:3

It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall. —Romans 14:21

Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?…And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly… —Matthew 27:13-14

Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?…Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? —John 18:33-34

For he cast two pillars of brass, of eighteen cubits high apiece: and a line of twelve cubits did compass either of them about. —1 Kings 7:15

Also he made before the house two pillars of thirty and five cubits high, and the chapiter that was on the top of each of them was five cubits. —2 Chronicles 3:15

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. —Proverbs 26:5

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. —Matthew 5:16

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. —Matthew 6:1

And [Judas] cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. —Matthew 27:5

Now [Judas] purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. —Acts 1:18

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. —Matthew 10:34

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. —John 16:33

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark. —Genesis 6:19

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. —Genesis 7:2

And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart… —Matthew 17:1

And it came to pass about an[b] eight days after [/b] these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. —Luke 9:28

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. —Matthew 26:52

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. —Luke 22:36

Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death. —II Samuel 6:23

But the king took the two sons of Rizpah…and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul. —II Samuel 21:8

…the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach… —I Timothy 6:15-16

The Lord reigneth; let the earth rejoice… clouds and darkness are round about him. —Psalms 97:1-2

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: —Proverbs 24:17

The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked. —Psalms 58:1

Atheists should keep off this thread pls

39 Likes 18 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
SUPERSUAVE WE MADE IT....

OYA COME LET'S TALK LIKE ELDERS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by SuperSuave(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Freemanan:
undecided

Now that you've successfully acquired the FTC role, can you air your view pls undecided +

softwhispers:
THANKS A LOT SUPERSUAVE FOR EXPOSING THESE VERSES TO PUBLIC SCRUTINY. AND U TOO, MACTONI91!
U HAV FURNISHED ME WITH AMPLE MATERIAL FOR MORE INTENSIVE STUDY OF THE SCRIPTURES.
IT APPEARS TO ME SUPERSUAVE, THAT U ARE AN HONEST PERSON WHO RESPECTS THE BIBLE AND DESIRES SOMEONE TO CLEAR UP THESE SEEMING CONTRADICTIONS. AT LEAST, THAT IS HOW I INTERPRET UR CAVEAT TO ATHEISTS. IF SO, REST ASSURED THAT URE ALREADY ON THE RIGHT PATH. THE FOUNDER OF CHRISTIANITY GENEROUSLY PRAISED HIS HUMBLE FOLLOWERS FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THINGS THEY FOUND DIFFICULT TO GRASP AND ENCOURAGED SAME. (MATT 7:7)
I WAS QUICKLY IRRITATED BY THOSE SELF RIGHTEOUS COMMENTERS WHOM WHEREAS THEY WERE AS CONFOUNDED AS U ARE, QUICKLY DISMISSED U AS LACKING 'THE SPIRIT' AND REBUKED U FOR SEEKING ENLIGHTENMENT. ONE EVEN ACCUSED U OF BLASPHEMY. THESE ARE THE GULLIBLE FANATICS PARADING IGNORANCE AND MAKING CHRISTIANITY UNATTRACTIVE TO ENLIGHTENED INDIVIDUALS. U ARE FAR WISER THAN THEY WILL EVER BE! WHAT U ARE DOING IS SEEKING FOUNDATION FOR UR FAITH. FOR IF THE BIBLE IS FULL OF INCONSISTENCIES, THEN IT BELIES ITS CLAIM TO DIVINE AUTHORSHIP. BLIND, BASELESS BELIEF IS CREDULITY, NOT FAITH. THE BIBLE IS FREE OF CONTRADICTIONS. OF THAT, I'M CONVINCED. AND I'M EAGER TO PROVE THAT TO U!
SUBSEQUENTLY, I SHALL ADDRESS EACH OF THE 30 'CONTRADICTIONS' WITH A VIEW TO RESOLVING THEM. AT A GLANCE, I CAN EASILY RECONCILE MAJORITY OF THE 'CONTRADICTIONS'. THOUGH, IM SEEING SOME FOR THE FIRST TIME.
IF U COULD PROVIDE ME UR EMAIL ADD, I COULD FORWARD THE CLARIFICATIONS TO U AS A WORD OR PDF ATTACHMENT, ONCE IM DONE.
KINDEST REGARDS.
SOFTWHISPERS
Best reply on this thread.

To those criticizing me, saying I'm not spirit-filled, saying I'm a canal man, saying this thread is blasphemy, saying I'm a Muslim, saying I'm an atheist, I hope you just know that not everything is done by force, you have deep knowledge of something? Why not explain it to the understanding of others instead of critizing for not viewing things from the same perspective as you. How do you even evangelize? How do you manage to preach to unbelievers? By telling them to be spirit-filled or else they won't understand? By telling them they are canal? I don't even think you guys understand the Word of God as much as you're trying to make us believe.

Softwhispers, I really appreciate the fact that you're the only one who read and understood the aim of this thread, thank you. My email address is Peezzypeezzy(at)gmail . com. I would appreciate if you can notify me on nairaland after sending the email cos that's an alternate email add as I wouldn't want to drop my main address. Thank you.

I talked to my mum yesterday(she's a Sunday school and bible study teacher) and I was made to understand that the word of God should not be interpreted as it appears and shouldn't be taken literally.

For example she made me understand that the case of peter, God and the clean and unclean animals occurred when God wanted peter to go and visit Cornelius (I think he was of the uncircumcised, and Jews referred to them as unclean), and as at that time, The Jews had nothing to do with the gentiles, referring to them as unclean, And God told him Not to call His creations unclean. The vision was like a parable. Even after peter went to Cornelius and came back, the other apostles were vexed that he went in with the uncircumcised (which proved the Jews saw others as unclean.).

So I implore on others who find a verse or more confusing or contradicting in the bible to look for a bible study teacher, Sunday school teacher, a pastor you know isn't compromised, chaplain, or you can look for the Holy Spirit whom is the greatest teacher of all.

Adios amigos cool

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:

Now that you've successfully acquired the FTC role, can you air your view pls undecided +
That Smiley is my opinion sir.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by ShakurM(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
Your verses are taken out of contexts and paragraphs now

When we take text out of their context we are stripping the meaning of the verses and give them a different, and usually a wrong meaning.

Example 1 ;

Matthew 5:39 “if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

Jesus is not saying that we shouldn’t defend ourselves but He is using hyperbole or exaggeration.  What He means is that when others insult you, don’t retaliate.  Just turn the other cheek, not to have them slap you there…but to turn the other way and to leave vengeance to God (Rom 12:19. ).  Even Jesus “When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly” (1 Pet 2:23).

Example 2;

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Paul is not telling the church at Philippi that they can do anything they want or can do all things that they want to do.  He is saying that we can do anything “through Christ” or “in Christ.”  The context is saying that we can do anything that is in the will of Jesus Christ because He is the One who will strengthen (enable) you do to it.  Paul is not saying that you can do anything you want or anything in Christ that is not His will but he is saying that we can endure all sufferings if we are in Christ because just before 4:13 Paul writes “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:  I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need” (Phil 4:11-12).  Paul was writing this in prison and he was likely cold, hungry, and alone, yet he learned to be content in whatever state he was in…but only “in Christ.”  It might be better to think of this as saying “We can endure all things in Christ.”

Example 3

First John 4:16b “God is love.”

Yes, God is love, but that is only one tiny fraction of the manifold attributes of God.  This is like someone saying something about me to another person; “Jack is a cousin.”  Yes, I am a cousin, but I am also a husband, a father, a grandfather, a son, an uncle, and so on.  You cannot elevate one attribute of God to the exclusion of His other attributes.  Many say that a loving God would not send someone to hell because “God is love.” Yes, God is love but love and discipline go together.  Their “God is love” is a God created in their own image.  First and foremost, God is holy.  He cannot even look upon sin and that is why He turned away from Jesus, His only Son, at the cross.  I love my children and my grandchildren and I would discipline them if they ran out into the street to play because they could get hurt, or worse, killed.  My love comes with my discipline. It is exactly because I love them that I do discipline them, just as God disciplines every one of His own children (Heb 12:5-7).

276 Likes 16 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
ur heart is devoid of the true knowledge of The Bible. bros, u dnt read to understand all these counter allegations. u need someone to explain the Bible to u. these verses that u extracted to seems the way u think are not well studied by u. U

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Lincolnburrows(m): 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
Not really a contradiction. It's just your inability to comprehend the bible. Try and read the chapters concerned and redo your analogy.

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Hitter(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
To an unbeliever they are contradictory.
You need Jesus to understand undecided

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by muahmed(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nyc

3 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Coldfeet(f): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
When you read the Holy Bible like a novel or newspaper confusion is what you get!

But if you invite the Holy spirit to lead you and grant you understanding, you will have wisdom to understand the word of God.

My God is not a God of confusion!!!!
the word of God is perfect .

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by worlexy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
The more you look, the less you see

10 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Jeromejnr(m): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
Lack of comprehension dey worry some people.

As far as you are a carnal being, just give up on trying to understand the bible.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Boyoboy9(m): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
Every pronouncement from God was perfect so I can't say further

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by bigv(m): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
When matters like this arises John 16:13; John 14:17;John 20:29 comes in handy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ahmed4002(m): 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Where there is conflict is because of false
assertions, fabrications, exaggerations,
personalized interpretations of alleged writers,
historians, scholars, and individuals.
Because you never met anyone who knew what was the whole Bible.
Christians, themselves, have 700 different
denominations and there are approximately
thirty-nine different versions of the Bible with
different books, different verses, different
amounts of verses and different amount of
chapters and they don’t even agree to that.
If you read the scriptures carefully without your interpretation or someone else’s interpretation or someoneelse’s fabrication, you will find that this is their simple message.
Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jacob, Solomon,
Ishmael, Isaac, Jesus and Muhammad, may the
peace and blessings of God be upon all of them.
All of these men came with the exact same
message from the same God. They said one
thing—the same thing: worship God. Obey God,
and fulfill your purpose in life, do good actions,
and you will be rewarded with another life.
Don’t make it more than that. That is all they
said, regardless of what language, what time,
and who they came to.
All the prophets and messengers came
with the same message: to obey the Almighty
God and be sincere towards Him. If we examine
the message of each of the well-known
prophets, we can easily conclude this fact.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by pring: 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Religion is an opium for the masses.
I dont know why people still believe in religion.
Ask your self all this questions,
Why do God allow bombs to go off and kill innocent people, yet his omnipresent?
Why do God allow innocent children turned to suicide bombers, sex slaves n killed.
More over, Christianity is just one out of so many religions on earth. Are all other religions and its followers going to the so called hell fire?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by AroOkigbo(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yet xxxxxxxxx are not killing us (christians) because of these "contradictions" but because of some "holy book and the command of its pedophile prophet"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
I hope you know that these are English translations of Greek/Hebrew texts. .

6 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by efilefun(m): 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by PubLlcEnemy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Well the Bible does not encourage Terrorism.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by efilefun(m): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
AroOkigbo:
Yet isxxmxxsts are not killing us because of these "contradictions" but because of some "holy book and its so called pedophile prophet"
SO those animals killing around kills only christians right shows how deluded you are... was a mosque not blown recently even the Emir Lamido's mosque was attacked last year so stop reasoning like a lipsrsealed

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by CUM4WHAT(m): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Lincolnburrows:
Not really a contradiction. It's just your inability to comprehend the bible. Try and read the chapters concerned and redo your analogy.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by EternalBeing: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
GOD is not an author of confusion. Years of translation and retranslation by different individuals, perspectives, races, languages and background might have caused some anomaly but, unless you want to deceive yourself, u & I know that the original summary word of GOD is "Love ur Creator with all ur heart and Love your neighbor as ur self"(doing opposite to these is the cause of ALL problems we see in the world today); wise people follow JESUS' counsel. The real issue is that everybody in this generation now knows that satan is real, and GOD is real. To deny this is to live in myopic self-deceit. Even the quran copied some of the Bible; Human 6cm brain can never fully understand all about the Great CREATOR that created an immeasurable universe, even the scientist with all their MainFrame Gigantic Computers have found it impossible to measure the universe, count the number of stars, etc... They daily inexhaustibly discovers new species of fish in water, new planets, etc... They've only understand and discover a micro-fraction about man and matter. Atom was once said to be the smallest unit, later electron, proton and neutron. Now we have photons, nucleons etc... tomorrow they'll still continue to inexhaustibly discover little knowledge about an Awesome Creation of Great CREATOR. "We that know our GOD..." OP, the last lap of WAR for souls of men is going on, knowingly or unknowingly, u r either sending souls to Hell or winning Souls into HEAVEN. To be used by YAHWEH ur Creator or by satan ur destroyer, the choice is yours.
[b]Remember that GOD chased Adam, Eve, Humanity into this land of punishment in order to give them time and chance to repent. Unlike Man that would have destroyed rebellious creatures, in HIS infinite mercy that HE provided us the raw materials to make technology, Concrete houses etc... in order to make this place tolerable and endurable while we reconcile and resubmit our total Love and Obedience to HIM. Is it because you are eating chicken, using iPhone, Internet and driving Lambougini Poche that you want to end your precious eternal Soul here?! Stop being deceived by satan, your Eternal Soul is worth much more. No matter the flashy lights, concrete houses and internet, a land of punishment is a land of Punishment. satan is trying hard to make Humanity to forget that the best that man's 6cm brain can create can NEVER, in the most minute sense, be compared to the awesomeness of a World (Garden of Eden) created by GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF; that's where we shall live forever not die in hell like those that fell in love with this decaying world. Compared to what we shall eat in Heaven, chicken, sugar, etc.. would taste like sand and technology, that's currently getting people carried away, would be totally useless and ridiculous.[/b]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by onosprince(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by jamex93(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
op that is why u need the direction of the holy spirit when studying the word of God

3 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by CUM4WHAT(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
[size=28pt]Read thru d chapters and understand why it is so before judging a snake with a closed mouth[/size]

9 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Techwriter: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
No
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by williams20(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:
This is not the first time I noticed some bible verses are actually saying the opposite of another. Isn't the gospel supposed to be preached in one accord? I first noticed that Jesus Christ actually turned water into wine(alcoholic wine not fruit wine cos my Yoruba bible says "oti wine"wink which means Jesus somehow endorses wine. In the same Bible again I saw in Galatians(can't remember the chapter and verse), where the fruits of the flesh were listed, drunkenness was listed also. undecided

Another thing that ultimately made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. —Hebrews 8:7

Another one was when God brought a sheet unto Peter which contained various four-legged and two-legged animals and beasts of different kind, then God told Peter to arise, kill and eat. Peter refused saying he cannot eat unclean things, God rebuked him by saying how can he(Peter) call the things He(God) created unclean?

And later I read another verse where God outlined the forbidden animals, birds and beasts we should not eat. undecided

I was confused, so I went online to checkout if there are more Bible verses that contradicts one another, the ones I found are listed below[/font][/size][/b][/color]

Atheists should keep off this thread pls

You can't understand the things of the spirit without the aid of the spirit ...................

7 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by allanphash7(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
Christainity is a scam

Islam is fraud

I beleive in myself and i preaches love

Love is my religion

15 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Brytawon(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
Our God is not a God of confusion...

4 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by mactoni91(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16 God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2 4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/
Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be
heard John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/
1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28 6. God is everywhere present, sees
and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job
34:22,21
God is not everywhere present,
neither sees nor knows all things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in
their heart Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/
Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam
2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14 10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/
Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom
9:11-13/ Matt 13:12 11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/
Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James
1:13 12. God gives freely to those who
ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and
prevents men from receiving
them John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is
63:17
13. God is to be found by those
who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33 15. God is cruel, unmerciful,
destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam
15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and
endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of,
and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no
pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is
1:13,11,12 18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg
11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/
Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18 God lies by proxy; he sends forth
lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek
14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness
God destroys him Gen 6:5,7
Because of man's wickedness
God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God's attributes are revealed in
his works. Rom 1:20
God's attributes cannot be
discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28
23. There is but one God
Deut 6:4 There is a plurality of gods
Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/
1 John 5:7 Moral Precepts 24. Robbery commanded
Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
Robbery forbidden
Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15
25. Lying approved and sanctioned
Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
Lying forbidden
Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8
26. Hatred to the Edomite
sanctioned
2 Kings 14:7,3 Hatred to the Edomite forbidden
Deut 23:7
27. Killing commanded
Ex 32:27
Killing forbidden
Ex 20:13 28. The blood-shedder must die
Gen 9:5,6
The blood-shedder must not die
Gen 4:15
29. The making of images
forbidden Ex 20:4
The making of images
commanded
Ex 25:18,20
30. Slavery and oppression
ordained Gen 9:25/ Lev 25:45,46/ Joel 3:8
Slavery and oppression forbidden
Is 58:6/ Ex 22:21/ Ex 21:16/ Matt
23:10
31. Improvidence enjoyed
Matt 6:28,31,34/ Luke 6:30,35/ Luke 12:3
Improvidence condemned
1 Tim 5:8/ Prov 13:22
32. Anger approved
Eph 4:26
Anger disapproved Eccl 7:9/ Prov 22:24/ James 1:20
33. Good works to be seen of men
Matt 5:16
Good works not to be seen of
men
Matt 6:1 34. Judging of others forbidden
Matt 7:1,2
Judging of others approved
1 Cor 6:2-4/ 1 Cor 5:12
35. Christ taught non-resistance
Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52 Christ taught and practiced
physical resistance
Luke 22:36/ John 2:15
36. Christ warned his followers not
to fear being killed
Luke 12:4 Christ himself avoided the Jews
for fear of being killed
John 7:1
37. Public prayer sanctioned
1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
Public prayer disapproved Matt 6:5,6
38. Importunity in prayer
commended
Luke 18:5,7
Importunity in prayer condemned
Matt 6:7,8 39. The wearing of long hair by
men sanctioned
Judg 13:5/ Num 6:5
The wearing of long hair by men
condemned
1 Cor 11:14 40. Circumcision instituted
Gen 17:10
Circumcision condemned
Gal 5:2
41. The Sabbath instituted
Ex 20:8 The Sabbath repudiated
Is 1:13/ Rom 14:5/ Col 2:16
42. The Sabbath instituted because
God rested on the seventh day
Ex 20:11
The Sabbath instituted because God brought the Israelites
out of Egypt
Deut 5:15
43. No work to be done on the
Sabbath under penalty of death
Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36 Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath
and justified his disciples in
the same
John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5
44. Baptism commanded
Matt 28:19 Baptism not commanded
1 Cor 1:17,14
45. Every kind of animal allowed for
food.
Gen 9:3/ 1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14
Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
Deut 14:7,8
46. Taking of oaths sanctioned
Num 30:2/ Gen 21:23-24,31/
Gen 31:53/ Heb 6:13
Taking of oaths forbidden Matt 5:34
47. Marriage approved
Gen 2:18/ Gen 1:28/ Matt 19:5/
Heb 13:4
Marriage disapproved
1 Cor 7:1/ 1 Cor 7:7,8 48. Freedom of divorce permitted
Deut 24:1/ Deut 21:10,11,14
Divorce restricted
Matt 5:32
49. Adultery forbidden
Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4 Adultery allowed
Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3
50. Marriage or cohabitation with a
sister denounced
Deut 27:22/ Lev 20:17
Abraham married his sister and God blessed the union
Gen 20:11,12/ Gen 17:16
51. A man may marry his brother's
widow
Deut 25:5
A man may not marry his brother's widow
Lev 20:21
52. Hatred to kindred enjoined
Luke 14:26
Hatred to kindred condemned
Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29 53. Intoxicating beverages
recommended
Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps
104:15
Intoxicating beverages
discountenanced Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32
54. It is our duty to obey our rulers,
who are God's ministers
and punish evil doers only
Rom 13:1-3,6
It is not our duty to obey rulers, who sometimes punish the
good and receive unto
themselves damnation therefor
Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan
6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/
Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35
55. Women's rights denied
Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor
14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
Women's rights affirmed
Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9
56. Obedience to masters enjoined
Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
Obedience due to God only
Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10
57. There is an unpardonable sin Mark 3:29
There is not unpardonable sin
Acts 13:39 Historical Facts 58. Man was created after the other
animals
Gen 1:25,26,27
Man was created before the other
animals
Gen 2:18,19 59. Seed time and harvest were
never to cease
Gen 8:22
Seed time and harvest did cease
for seven years
Gen 41:54,56/ Gen 45:6 60. God hardened Pharaoh's heart
Ex 4:21/ Ed 9:12
Pharaoh hardened his own heart
Ex 8:15
61. All the cattle and horses in Egypt
died Ex 9:3,6/ 14:9
All the horses of Egypt did not die
Ex 14:9
62. Moses feared Pharaoh
Ex 2:14,15,23; 4:19
Moses did not fear Pharaoh Heb 11:27
63. There died of the plague
twenty-four thousand
Num 25:9
There died of the plague but
twenty-three thousand 1 Cor 10:8
64. John the Baptist was Elias
Matt 11:14
John the Baptist was not Elias
John 1:21
65. The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
Matt 1:16
The father of Mary's husband was
Heli
Luke 3:23
66. The father of Salah was Arphaxad
Gen 11:12
The father of Salah was Cainan
Luke 3:35,36
67. There were fourteen
generations from Abraham to David Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen
generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:2-6
68. There were fourteen
generations from the Babylonian captivity
to Christ.
Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen
generations from the Babylonian
captivity to Christ Matt 1:12-16
69. The infant Christ was taken into
Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
The infant Christ was not taken
into Egypt Luke 2:22, 39
70. Christ was tempted in the
wilderness
Mark 1:12,13
Christ was not tempted in the
wilderness John 2:1,2
71. Christ preached his first sermon
on the mount
Matt 5:1,2
Christ preached his first sermon
on the plain Luke 6:17,20
72. John was in prison when Jesus
went into Galilee
Mark 1:14
John was not in prison when
Jesus went into Galilee John 1:43/ John 3:22-24
73. Christ's disciples were
commanded to go forth with a staff
and sandals
Mark 6:8,9
Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither
staffs nor sandals.
Matt 10:9,10
74. A woman of Canaan besought
Jesus
Matt 15:22 It was a Greek woman who
besought Him
Mark 7:26
75. Two blind men besought Jesus
Matt 20:30
Only one blind man besought Him Luke 18:35,38
76. Christ was crucified at the third
hour
Mark 15:25
Christ was not crucified until the
sixth hour John 19:14,15
77. The two thieves reviled Christ.
Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
Only one of the thieves reviled
Christ
Luke 23:39,40 78. Satan entered into Judas while
at supper
John 13:27
Satan entered into him before the
supper
Luke 22:3,4,7 79. Judas committed suicide by
hanging
Matt 27:5
Judas did not hang himself, but
died another way
Acts 1:18 80. The potter's field was purchased
by Judas
Acts 1:18
The potter's field was purchased
by the Chief Priests
Matt 27:6,7 81. There was but one woman who
came to the sepulchre
John 20:1
There were two women who
came to the sepulchre
Matt 28:1 82. There were three women who
came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:1
There were more than three
women who came to the sepulchre
Luke 24:10 83. It was at sunrise when they
came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:2
It was some time before sunrise
when they came.
John 20:1 84. There were two angels seen by
the women at the sepulchre, and
they were standing up.
Luke 24:4
There was but one angel seen,
and he was sitting down. Matt 28:2,5
85. There were two angels seen
within the sepulchre.
John 20:11,12
There was but one angel seen
within the sepulchre Mark 16:5
86. Christ was to be three days and
three nights in the grave
Matt 12:40
Christ was but two days and two
nights in the grave Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>
87. Holy ghost bestowed at
pentecost
Acts 1:8,5
Holy ghost bestowed before
pentecost John 20:22
88. The disciples were commanded
immediately after the
resurrection to go into Galilee
Matt 28:10
The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go tarry at
Jerusalem
Luke 24:49
89. Jesus first appeared to the
eleven disciples in a room at Jerusalem
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven
on a mountain in Galilee
Matt 28:16,17
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
Acts 1:9,12
Christ ascended from Bethany
Luke 24:50,51
91. Paul's attendants heard the
miraculous voice, and stood speechless
Acts 9:7
Paul's attendants heard not the
voice and were prostrate
Acts 26:14
92. Abraham departed to go into Canaan
Gen 12:5
Abraham went not knowing
where
Heb 11:8
93. Abraham had two sons Gal 4:22
Abraham had but one son
Heb 11:17
94. Keturah was Abraham's wife
Gen 25:1
Keturah was Abraham's concubine
1 Chron 1:32
95. Abraham begat a son when he
was a hundred years old, by the
interposition of Providence
Gen 21:2/ Rom 4:19/ Heb 11:12 Abraham begat six children more
after he was a hundred years
old without any interposition of
providence
Gen 25:1,2

61 Likes 17 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.