Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help (1130 Views)

How Reliable Is Domain King.ng / The Best Blog Hosting Sites Or Right Blogging Platform To Start A Blog / How Can One Download Premium Wordpres Theme For Free Without Paying A Dam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by henryobinna(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hello webmasters,
I need help on this domainking guys, am planning a shift from Blogger to self-hosted. So I went to their site and checked their Wordpress Blog hosting plans but I didn't get some thing there, though they're quite affordable but am not cool with the "Good for Blogs with monthly" pageviews of 10k to 50k. I think that's too poor am I missing something?

right now my blog is getting a few tens blow 20k monthly but am planning on invest heavily on advertising so I don't think maximum of 50k pageviews monthly is good or maybe I don't understand what they meant.
so guys please if you're using their hosting for your blog I'll need you're help here to clarify things.
or if you know of a better alternative guys please don't hesitate to mention them.

Thanks in advance
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by Julius2214(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Why not use namecheap hosting. Unlimited visitors and it's affordable
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by henryobinna(m): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
Julius2214:
Why not use namecheap hosting. Unlimited visitors and it's affordable
really?

I'll have to check them out
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by Chinenye123: 5:36am On Jul 27, 2015
henryobinna:
really?

I'll have to check them out

Webhostilla.com offers unlimited web hosting and very cheap too

https://webhostilla.com
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by henryobinna(m): 6:06am On Jul 27, 2015
Chinenye123:

Webhostilla.com offers unlimited web hosting and very cheap too

https://webhostilla.com
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by ProGSM(m): 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
Consider www.resellerfly.com, that is the one I am using on my forum.
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
henryobinna:
you guys are still new, so I'll Check other established guys

If everyone says that to them, how do you expect them to survive and become "Established" ? The established ones were once new too. And it was clients who made "Trial and Error" that put them were they are today. I know you think i work for them, hey, i don't i'm only being reasonable.

At least give them a try first.. If they mess up, come back here to trash them. We will support you.

And as for your blog, i advice you buy a VPS not shared hosting..

See VPS from only $5/month => https://www.nairaland.com/2479785/25-off-vps-summer-sale
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by henryobinna(m): 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
coolsix:

If everyone says that to them, how do you expect them to survive and become "Established" ? The established ones were once new too. And it was clients who made "Trial and Error" that put them were they are today. I know you think i work for them, hey, i don't i'm only being reasonable.

At least give them a try first.. If they mess up, come back here to trash them. We will support you.

And as for your blog, i advice you buy a VPS not shared hosting..

See VPS from only $5/month => https://www.nairaland.com/2479785/25-off-vps-summer-sale
ok,
thanks for the correction,
am sorry anyway for that.
got to edit the reply.

BTW, why VPS over shared hosting,
I'll be grateful for your explanation
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
henryobinna:
ok,
thanks for the correction,
am sorry anyway for that.
got to edit the reply.

BTW, why VPS over shared hosting,
I'll be grateful for your explanation

Yes, a VPS is called a Virtual Private Server. In a shared hosting environment, you are sharing resources with other clients and websites so in a situation one website is causing downtime, you would also be affected. It is also amongst the causes for those limitations you find on wordpress hosting and more because they are on a shared server, so the host needs to minimize its resources as much as possible.

But in a Virtual Private Server, you have all resources allocated to you, such as the Network Speed, Dedicated IP Address, Disk Space and Traffic. With a VPS, your traffic is virtually unlimited! As long as your server is strong enough to withstand it unlike a Shared Hosting, where a server that cannot host 2 websites, is hosting 50 sites. What do you expect?

Do the math sir as your website with the traffic spec you gave earlier in your post, it needs a VPS.

#Advice

And oh.. you are welcome cheesy
Re: Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help by henryobinna(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
coolsix:

Yes, a VPS is called a Virtual Private Server. In a shared hosting environment, you are sharing resources with other clients and websites so in a situation one website is causing downtime, you would also be affected. It is also amongst the causes for those limitations you find on wordpress hosting and more because they are on a shared server, so the host needs to minimize its resources as much as possible.

But in a Virtual Private Server, you have all resources allocated to you, such as the Network Speed, Dedicated IP Address, Disk Space and Traffic. With a VPS, your traffic is virtually unlimited! As long as your server is strong enough to withstand it unlike a Shared Hosting, where a server that cannot host 2 websites, is hosting 50 sites. What do you expect?

Do the math sir as your website with the traffic spec you gave earlier in your post, it needs a VPS.

#Advice

And oh.. you are welcome cheesy

thanks,

I'll take out time to Check what I need n what I don't so I'll make a good choice.

(1) (Reply)

Best Choice Web Hosting / Non Hosted Naija Adsense With $25 For Sale / How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.