Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,892 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment (36099 Views)

From London To Abuja In 50 Days: Buhari’s Return -Reuben Abati / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan / Reuben Abati: My Phones No Longer Ring Nonstop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Airforce1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nigerians have started to react furiously to the article written by the former Presidential spokesperson, Reuben Abati, titled; ‘The phones no longer ring’.

Here are the reactions below:

From SaharaReporters

Brandon Landry
Reuben Abati, shut the hell up. Traitor. Turncoat. Shameless, unscrupulous, unprincipled fool. Boy don’t even try to broker any form of resumption of dialogue with mainstream Nigerians. Nobody wants to hear from you. For 4 years, you imperiously turned a deaf ear to your original constituency, the loyal Nigerians that respected and looked up to you. Rather you chose to serve your belly at the decadent tables of your corrupt masters of impunity, perfidy and profligacy at Aso Rock. Now the party is over, the music has died down, the DJ has gone home and the celebrant has returned to the creek, you now want to resume talking to those you ignored and let down all these years? Hell no. Recede into infamy and ignominy. Your voice no longer carries any weight of integrity, respect nor honor. You left all those virtues at the tables of corrupt merriment of old Aso Rock. Now you are spent and empty and your hands are soiled with the filth of corruption. Shut up and crawl into a hole somewhere in the creeks with your creek cretin master. Punk just shut up already!

Kay Obodo
Story for the gods!!!! Your name is in the memory of Nigerians as member of a terrible and corrupt government, no amount of stories will change that, and I was expecting that you will swear by the god of iron (ogun) that you never shared among the Million dollars, please keep your story to your self, so you only spent your salary all through the time you were with the president, we no be Maga again o, Buhari don open our eyes of how millions of barrels of crude oil was stolen on a daily basis, while you are busy as a good writer to published good grammar to back the stealing up, According to Oshio baba, Elephant leg is missing in our pot of soup, you are part of the story, keep your story for the gods, if you want your phone ring again, put your number open to Nigerians, we will call you to ask questions on how terribly you guys have damaged the country, Mr Phone ringer….

Moses Oludele Idowu
You want to know why the phones are silent? I will tell you.If the phones are silent for the whole day just because you lost election even when you are still in government then something is also wrong with that government. Nigerians are not as bad as government officials and failed politicians paint them to be. If the phones are silent it probably is because you failed the expectations of the people who laboured and suffered to elect you.

Joe
I think this is an attempt to test the waters. To guage the amount of sh*tstorm that would be triggered if he ever rears that head or shows that face again. Well mr Abati, skillfullness in writing and good command of English Language does not add or remove anything from the fact that you are a desperate,valueless,cheap hustler,like a lot of Nigerians are!!! You are a defender of crime and corruption. Thousands of lives were destroyed by the actions of your masters and your job was to trivialise and justify those crimes and you tried really hard. You are like the Goebbels of the Hitler-era. You should enjoy your share of the loot quietly. But please don’t try to play on our intelligence by trying to pass yourself as a decent citizen ever again. You chose money over honour so enjoy your loot and leave honour to those that deserve it.Please duck back into your hole ,spare us that face of yours and do not rear your hydra-head ever again. Bury it in shame!!!!

Eweje
Abati is really ridiculous. He says that people behaved as if there was a tree at the ‘Residence’ that produced money. We all know that not only was there such a tree, there were many of such trees. Dieziani Allison-Maduekwe surely plucked money from such trees. So also with numerous Jonathanians, like Onyeka Onwenu, Kuku, Okonjo-Iweala etc.

We are going to hear more of such people who pocketed money from trees growing at the ‘Residence’ in due course. If Abati wants us to believe that he was a saint in a cauldron of grotesque sinners, then good luck to him, all puns intended. No doubt about it: he served as media advisor to probably the most corrupt President that Nigeria has ever had, including the notorious Abacha.

Oafak
Your post belittles Diezani as plucking money from trees! Her case was a river of dollars, pounds, etc.- a permanent flood! Instead of plucking, she just brought her vessels and filled them brimful!
Emeka

Abati, if this is a subtle way to warm yourself back into the consciousness of the Nigerian masses, then you have woefully failed. You wrote incredibly well, criticizing every government prior GEJ’s only for you to use your noble craft as ransom for a pot of “political appointment” porridge. Now you have finished feeding frenzy on our patrimony corruptly stashed at the “Residence”, you are back to unabashedly tell us tales of how the saintly goat was routinely summoned to look out for the yam instead of confessing how the yams fell victim to the goats’ ferocious devour. You must have thought Nigerians to be ordinary fools with short memory to have hurried back so soon to continue your self serving write ups. We expect some remorse and not this volt face impenitence from you and your shameless masters. That your phones suddenly gone silent is nothing but anticlimax. So, go ahead and enjoy that lonesome peace of the grave yard while the Nigeria vault counts its losses.

From VanguardNgr

Mathias Jugu Ekele from Facebook – 47 minutes ago

You people that don’t see good things in others simply because the Person worked with Goodluck can never reach the pick of your career cos you are full of hate. Lean to love.

Aminu Shehu from Facebook – 2 hours ago
You are no longer relevant,you have expired,why should your phones ring now? We’ve been saved from listening to lies & twisted facts from you.

Zaiyann Dxaria from Facebook – 3 hours ago
Hello! You’ve not seen anything yet, until the time the people u have favoured start revealing your secrets.

chuvanze @chuvanzefrom Twitter – 4h
@Chxta Abati’s piece tells us more than people want to admit.He made some mistakes,Yes.But this piece is instructional,even to those in govt

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/07/irate-nigerians-react-to-reuben-abatis-phones-no-longer-ring-piece/

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by blaze2cool(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
k
Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
at least Abati is better and more learned that the media aide of the burukutu sipping dullard. undecided

42 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Funny comments.
Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
hv u guys noticed am always on front page?

d truth be told

most of the ppl u see in front page are jobless

i book space from morning till night

even wen am eating, i keep refreshing nairaland

plz pray i get good job

post NYSC feb. 2015

Tnx

188 Likes 10 Shares

what else can i say Thank God am not an "IRATE NIGERIAN" undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Airforce1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Abati got served grin

Cc Lalasticlala, ishilove

13 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Airforce1:
Abati got served grin

Cc Lalasticlala, ishilove
that same Irate Nigerians will react angrily when they listen to your new release. Irate kor Ireti ni

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by ddippset(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Reuben abati: I have only one question for you : I know you are not your brother's keeper but where is thy siamese twin doyin okupe?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Lanretoye(m): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
i think his fone's ringer got spoilt,let him take it to computer village,they will fix it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by stan241(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by oduastates: 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
Close watchers know that abati had such a hard time defending Jonathan ,patience and all the village clowns who came with him that he literally gave up trying.
stuffing his mouth was much easier.
Abati like the rest of the thieving FG now has the money to send his kids to university overseas .
Schools that locals whites have to take loans and accumulate debts in order to attend .

29 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by socialmediaman: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
Na waoh, lots of people got their political careers wasted serving the corrupt empire of GEJ

11 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by socialmediaman: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
oduastates:

Abati like the rest of the thieving FG now has the money to send his kids to university overseas .
Schools that locals whites have to take loans and accumulate debts in order to attend .

When the new government is finished with them, they'll go back to their humble beginnings.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by PassingShot(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
This man used to be highly respected across the ethnic divides before he decided to side with corruption. Now, his name is synonymous with betrayal.

I wonder if anyone can ever take his opinion serious anymore.

What shall it profit a once principled man to corruptly enrich himself for the loss of his integrity?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by frinx: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nigerians can react to anything online ...
Always giving people remedy to there life,
Always giving strategy to combat insurgency,
Always managing someone's wealth.

Smh....hypocritical set of people

How to start a war on nairaland
1.comment
2.wait

2 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by joseph1832(m): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
Well I believe he will be breathing a sigh of relief.
Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by lonelydora: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Marvyx(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
All of you cursing Abati better pray for your beloved PMB coz from d look of things he might be worse as much as Nigerians will hate to admit it. angry

1 Like

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Hidentity(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
There is one thing about reacting in the heat of passion- you realize that you are not any better after the whole show.

Yes, Mr. Abati was a disappointment if one would be objective. He acted not to be in the know that what goes around comes around. However, those remarks are way too harsh and not necessary.

Some people will do worse if given a chance but the best player has been known to be among the spectators, so we can all cast our stones. Even student union presidents embezzling funds, youths in the places of worship engaging in shady deals, liars, pretenders etc.

The problem of Nigeria is not actually about the leaders of today, but the immemorial leaders of tomorrow. We keep lamenting that those there are bad, but how do you explain to any unprejudiced man that youths who can't make a simple intelligent remark online on an issue without insult should be given a chance in the bigger society? Even here on Nairaland, for every civil and gentleman or lady, you have 9 parodies of youths. How do you expect a gentleman, diplomat or ambassador from a youth who would jump in your thread to ignore the issue and insult your person?

Just start from space-bookers who won't even use the page for needed comments afterwards, to words violent individual and then those destined to make tribal remarks. Even Nairaland is a country, Moderators being leaders here- some of them are nothing to sing and dance home about in how they handle issues here. Truth is I've never had anything with any of them but I have read a lot of comments on their autocratic dispositions.

May God save us from us.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Lordemperoris100(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
kk
Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by gozmok1(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
End Ftp
Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by UnknownT: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
wow! I thought they said only PDP supporters wail? This one is wailing in epistles. They should Kontinu!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Agimor(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Good Riddance for bad rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by angelTI(f): 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
I thought we only have the "wailing wailers" on nairaland. Never knew they are also in the past government grin

Sorry Reuben, your time has passed cool

1 Like

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by phransix147(m): 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Even his oga GEJ's own stopped ringing long ago!

6 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Ameen964(m): 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Good for him. Nigerians are now wiser, you cant take them for a ride. Though the Wailing Wailers will not like this thread. Oya keep wailing.

5 Likes

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by uche715: 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nigga got served

1 Like

Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by psychologist(m): 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Irate Nigerians React To Reuben Abati's My Phone No Longer Ring Comment by Gh0stFreak: 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
the title should be "hate-filled janja-weeds react to Reuben abati's my phone no longer ring comment"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Reps To Keep Vigilance On NASS To Prevent Saraki’s Impeachment / How Politicians Deface Street Walls And Surfaces In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Obaseki Revokes CofO Of Ibori’s Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.