Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,837 members, 7,851,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:55 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (66177 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2009
A-40:

Mourinho is a megalomaniac/club hopping gigolo trust me he doesn't give two f*#ks about what Utd have won he would probably spend a few years and hit the exit or something and that would be after crumbling the youth system and making bad moves in the transfer market.SAF would only be able to interfere so much so the safer option is not to hire him at all

Managing United will be the zenith of his career.
I don't see him leaving United for any other club should we sign him.
He has got age on his hands and i can see him staying for 20 years so he can eclipse managers like Rafa, Rijkaard, Pep Guardiola and Hiddink.
Once he clocks 60, i can see him going back to Portugal to manage their national team. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Managing United will be the zenith of his career.
I don't see him leaving United for any other club should we sign him.
He has got age on his hands and i can see him staying for 20 years so he can eclipse managers like Rafa, Rijkaard, Pep Guardiola and Hiddink.
Once he clocks 60, i can see him going back to Portugal to manage their national team. tongue

If Mourinho read this he would laugh in Efik,Ibibio and Cambodian its not everyone that can be like Fergie or Wenger and spend donkey years at a club i am sure he is still harboring dreams of coaching Madrid or Barcelona that dude is a rolling stone there is no way on earth he would stay for 20 years
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2009
A-40:

If Mourinho read this he would laugh in Efik,Ibibio and Cambodian its not everyone that can be like Fergie or Wenger and spend donkey years at a club i am sure he is still harboring dreams of coaching Madrid or Barcelona that dude is a rolling stone there is no way on earth he would stay for 20 years

Mourinho considers managing Man Utd a bigger achievement than Madrid or Barcelona.
We are talking about the most supported organisation in the world(330 million). . . .More than the whole population of USA.
Besides that, Jose would be in England and earning pounds.

Mourinho didn't want to leave Chelsea. . . . . .Roman sacked him.
If the relationship between him and the owner did not disintegrate. . . . .He really wanted to stay and make Chelsea a global brand.
I doubt Mourinho would dump United for Madrid(where 25 members of the board of directors choose the team) or Barcelona.
Winning the UCL with these clubs are herculean tasks.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Mourinho considers managing Man Utd a bigger achievement than Madrid or Barcelona.
We are talking about the most supported organisation in the world(330 million). . . .More than the whole population of USA.
Besides that, Jose would be in England and earning pounds.

Mourinho didn't want to leave Chelsea. . . . . .Roman sacked him.
If the relationship between him and the owner did not disintegrate. . . . .He really wanted to stay and make Chelsea a global brand.
I doubt Mourinho would dump United for Madrid(where 25 members of the board of directors choose the team) or Barcelona.
Winning the UCL with these clubs are herculean tasks.
I would love to see where he said that point-blank!! lol pounds is not exactly having the best of times at the moment is it?
He did not want to leave but at the same time Roman was screwing things up for him with his signings of Shevchenko and his refusal to give him money to spend over the summer and even the january transfer window fact is there where cracks on the wall and i can bet Mourinho wanted out at some point when Roman's influence became over bearing, i see the same thing happening at Utd and almost all the other big clubs in Europe he is a control freak and he would not stay in those clubs for long he also wants to win the league title in just about every country so trust me going to Spain is definitely in his itinerary
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2009
A-40:

I would love to see where he said that point-blank!! lol pounds is not exactly having the best of times at the moment is it?

It still holds more value than any major currency in the world.

He did not want to leave but at the same time Roman was screwing things up for him with his signings of Shevchenko and his refusal to give him money to spend over the summer and even the january transfer window fact is there where cracks on the wall and i can bet Mourinho wanted out at some point when Roman's influence became over bearing, i see the same thing happening at Utd

United will be a different kettle of fish cos he is not coming to United to make us a global brand.
We are a global brand already and the club has won all the titles club competitions have to offer.
He grumbled at Chelsea cos he felt WITHOUT HIM(Chelsea were nowhere) as he felt those ones needed him more than he needed em. . . . .
We are not gonna be signing Jose to win us titles or the Champions League or the FA cup. . . .United are solid ALREADY!!!

and almost all the other big clubs in Europe he is a control freak and he would not stay in those clubs for long he also wants to win the league title in just about every country so trust me going to Spain is definitely in his itinerary

U have a point here. . . . . . .
He looks the type that wants to win the league title in every country.
Let him go to Spain first for few seasons and maybe then United would be ready to sign him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2009
Bleep off MESSI!!!!!

How did Argentina lose 6-1 to Bolivia with Messi on the pitch??
Is Maradona losing it??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

It still holds more value than any major currency in the world.

That may change very soon with the recession and meltdown of the bloody economy heck the dollar is almost neck and neck to it the pound is definitely not in its comfort zone

~Sauron~:

United will be a different kettle of fish cos he is not coming to United to make us a global brand.
We are a global brand already and the club has won all the titles club competitions have to offer.
He grumbled at Chelsea cos he felt WITHOUT HIM(Chelsea were nowhere) as he felt those ones needed him more than he needed em. . . . .
We are not gonna be signing Jose to win us titles or the Champions League or the FA cup. . . .United are solid ALREADY!!!
Its just how Mourinho is he is not a patient fella and would not be there for the long haul this has nothing to do with Utd's past or present achievements or status

~Sauron~:

U have a point here. . . . . . .
He looks the type that wants to win the league title in every country.
Let him go to Spain first for few seasons and maybe then United would be ready to sign him.
Better option for sure!!

~Sauron~:

Bleep off MESSI!!!!!

How did Argentina lose 6-1 to Bolivia with Messi on the pitch??
Is Maradona losing it??
There would be a riot in Buenos Aires tonight but seriously there is nobody Bolivia cannot beat in La Paz the altitude there is inhuman
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2009
A-40:

That may change very soon with the recession and meltdown of the bloody economy heck the dollar is almost neck and neck to it the pound is definitely not in its comfort zone

Bank Of England won't let that happen. . . . .
The Eastern European peops are on a mass exodus back to their country now as the Euros continue to grow in size and weight.

Its just how Mourinho is he is not a patient fella and would not be there for the long haul this has nothing to do with Utd's past or present achievements or status

I cannot see anyone else with a better record. That lucky sonofabitch is most likely to fill the boots of Fergie.

There would be a riot in Buenos Aires tonight but seriously there is nobody Bolivia cannot beat in La Paz the altitude there is inhuman

FIFA is a bitch. . . . . . . . .They ruled sometime ago that any football venue with more than 2800 metres above sea level will not hold FIFA organised games. How do you expect players to cope with that high altitude and massive atmospheric pressure in em places.
It's an undue advantage for the Bolivians. They will MURDER any team in La Paz.
They took Argentina apart from the first minute. It seems one of the effects of high altitude is DOUBLE VISION. cheesy grin
Messi/Tevez fired blanks throughout the 90. Zanetti was fouling in his box like a schoolboy.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 12:24am On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Bank Of England won't let that happen. . . . .
The Eastern European peops are on a mass exodus back to their country now as the Euros continue to grow in size and weight.

They have to move fast the pound is definitely losing some LB's even the not so mighty dollar is gaining on them

~Sauron~:

I cannot see anyone else with a better record. That lucky sonofabitch is most likely to fill the boots of Fergie.
He would not be there for long that i am cocksure of it

~Sauron~:

FIFA is a bitch. . . . . . . . .They ruled sometime ago that any football venue with more than 2800 metres above sea level will not hold FIFA organised games. How do you expect players to cope with that high altitude and massive atmospheric pressure in em places.
It's an undue advantage for the Bolivians. They will MURDER any team in La Paz.
They took Argentina apart from the first minute. It seems one of the effects of high altitude is DOUBLE VISION. cheesy grin
Messi/Tevez fired blanks throughout the 90. Zanetti was fouling in his box like a schoolboy.
I can remember they qualified on the back of their atrocious home advantage in Usa 94 thankfully that has not been enough to get them to the World Cup since.That altitude would even drop Kenyan and Ethiopian runners like flies how much more footie players?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2009
A-40:

I can remember they qualified on the back of their atrocious home advantage in Usa 94 thankfully that has not been enough to get them to the World Cup since.That altitude would even drop Kenyan and Ethiopian runners like flies how much more footie players?

Messi looked like a ghost. . . . . .His vision must be blurry.
Tevez resorted to his bulldog approach and didn't work for him. Mascherano was useless throughout chasing shadows.
This altitude problem must be resolved. . . . . . .Now NLers should feel GUILTY blaming the Super Eagles.
I have never seen Argentina this poor in me entire life. . . . .They were dire. Bolivia outthunk em.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 1:14am On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Messi looked like a ghost. . . . . .His vision must be blurry.
Tevez resorted to his bulldog approached and didn't work for him. Mascherano was useless throughout chasing shadows.
This altitude problem must be resolved. . . . . . .Now NLers should feel GUILTY blaming the Super Eagles.
I have never seen Argentina this poor in me entire life. . . . .They were dire. Bolivia outthunk em.
I don't watch Super Eagles matches anymore!! Ghana 08 thought me a lesson. .I heard the ref got Naija out of jail he disallowed 2 legit goals for Mozambique]
I don't know what happened to the Argies they actually brought the game to 1-1 and then let in 5 shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 1:29am On Apr 02, 2009
I think i agreed with Arsene Wenger who says SAF will never retire.

He wont leave that post willingly. He has a mind of african politician.

@All

People tends to forget that the environment at which SAF and Mr Wenger worked is different from all other coaches in the world.

Both are the only unsackable coach in world football.

They should be thanking their stars forever.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 1:42am On Apr 02, 2009
A-40:

I don't watch Super Eagles matches anymore!! Ghana 08 thought me a lesson. .I heard the ref got Naija out of jail he disallowed 2 legit goals for Mozambique]

I saw the game on Sunday and Mikel looked like a ghost. Martins had double vision.
The same scenario played out today with the Argies.

I don't know what happened to the Argies they actually brought the game to 1-1 and then let in 5 shocked shocked

The goal they scored was totally against the RUN OF PLAY.
A 50 yard shot that the Bolivian goalie fumbled. grin cheesy

Akolawole:

I think i agreed with Arsene Wenger who says SAF will never retire.
He wont leave that post willingly. He has a mind of african politician.

Why should he leave the empire he built with his sweat??
23 years of pristine man-management and watch another idiot destroy it brick by brick??
It's very hard to let go of things like that, Akola. Very hard!!!!!

People tends to forget that the environment at which SAF and Mr Wenger worked is different from all other coaches in the world.
Both are the only unsackable coach in world football.
They should be thanking their stars forever.

They deserve that RESPECT.
Sir Alex Ferguson gave the English league a new FACE after the Heysel ban.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2009
Sauron,
I've thought about the prospect of Mourinho coaching united.
Truth is,it just doesn't soundright.
One query I have of mourinho is his transfer policy.
He makes good signings,but for every hit there are like 2-3 misses in the same category.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by allboyz(m): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2009
. . .on the JM Issue, i agree with A-40,JM Would like to win league titles in spain,maybe France and Bundasliga too. . .but Sauron finished it by saying - he should go to other countries first and later he should come live n die @ UTD.

Thus my question is - why SAf Retires, and JM is coaching in countries like Spain - Barca,who will be in charge @ UTD?

here's my take, let SAF Assistants with the help of UTD elder statesman and captain,giggs help the team with supervision of SAF on top,they wil stil spring surprises ESP if they have team spirit and togetherness.

Then Once JM is back from his World tour,he can come settle @ UTD. . . and later coach a national team like Nigeria Cheezy or Portugal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2009
I can't believe Mancs think Jose should take over from Fergusonshocked?
For the love of God, that guys negative antics is gonna shatter everything Ferguson built in 23yrs. I can't stand seeing the youth policy going down the drains.

His ability to create enemity where there is harmony is also my grouse with him.
For the love of him above there are far better people who will do Ferguson's job well.
As far as am concerned, jose's achievement should never be a yardstick to weigh the possibilities of him being a success at Man Utd.

His Man management, player grooming and relationship skill is still lacking in him.
There are very dire reasons why Ferguson is a success!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2009
We are terribly short of strikers for Sunday's clash!!
Berba is out for 2 weeks
Rooney is supended

Tevez is not yet back from Argentina and you can trust jetlag won;t help issue
But i trust we'll scrape thru this one!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7972801.stm
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2009
Emperoh:

We are terribly short of strikers for Sunday's clash!!
Berba is out for 2 weeks
Rooney is supended

Tevez is not yet back from Argentina and you can trust jetlag won;t help issue
But i trust we'll scrape thru this one!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7972801.stm

Play Giggs n Ronaldo in the attack.
I am sure Tevez woulda arrived in the early hours of today.
Tevez n Ron can start in the attack.
Play Nani and JS Park on the wing and let Carrick n Fletcher sit in the midfield.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2009
Mourinho 4 SAF. . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked GOD FORBID BAD THING!!!!

Instead make Amodu come manage us - ah! Who d'ey think d'is kain thing sef Abegi no give some of we Man U fans heart attack oh.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Play Giggs n Ronaldo in the attack.
I am sure Tevez woulda arrived in the early hours of today.
Tevez n Ron can start in the attack.
Play Nani and JS Park on the wing and let Carrick n Fletcher sit in the midfield.
Giggs and Ronaldo in attack  grin grin i smell a loss or a draw.Ronaldo cannot thrive in a central attacking position y'all should better get Manucho back from Hull or just throw the dice and start Wellbeck  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2009
Omo. . . . No room 4 Welbeck now oh! make d'at boy jus chillex. . . . . eye d'on d'ey red.

Giggsy upfront is a sure bet - i think we should go for a 4-5-1, play without a natural striker. Gives us the edge of a sort of free, decentralized play - anybody can get the goals, we certainly ain't lacking in quality i just hope the morale isn't on a low now.
The one person i'd love to see is Anderson; we certainly need guys with drive and energy - & pls, pls, pls some1 tell SAF 2 keep scholes out till the end of the season!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

Giggs and Ronaldo in attack  grin grin i smell a loss or a draw.Ronaldo cannot thrive in a central attacking position y'all should better get Manucho back from Hull or just throw the dice and start Wellbeck  grin

Ronaldo is better in a central attacking position than any of our strikers bar Rooney.
Against Barcelona last season, he gave Marquez and Puyol the battering of their lives.
In all honesty, Ferguson shoulda converted Ronaldo to a striker. Bring Nani up to speed and play Park/Hargreaves/Fletcher on the right wing.
Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season from the central attacking position.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ronaldo is better in a central attacking position than any of our strikers bar Rooney.
Against Barcelona last season, he gave Marquez and Puyol the battering of their lives.
In all honesty, Ferguson shoulda converted Ronaldo to a striker. Bring Nani up to speed and play Park/Hargreaves/Fletcher on the right wing.
Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season from the central attacking position.
I beg to differ!! he only shone for 10-15 mins and vanished into thin air. Ronaldo did not score 42 goals from a central attacking position jeez where would he get the space to roam and hit shots from outside the box? how about starting and finishing counter-attacks and all that
Bloody hell some of the worst games i have ever seen Ronaldo play in his Utd career where games he was deployed as a central forward he simply becomes a Rent-A-Ghost in those scenarios
Playing Ronaldo as a striker would be one Fergie would regret on that day.Quote me
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by DrKitaun(m): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2009
Villains to upset Manure anyone ?

grin grin grin cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2009
TEAM-MATE TALES: RYAN GIGGS

The record-breaking Red reveals all,

Who is, the most intelligent Red?
Apart from me?! Probably Nev [Gary Neville]. He’s like a politician, and will argue everything. Even if he is wrong, he’ll tell you he’s right. He always has something to say.

Funniest player?
Patrice [Evra]. He’s full of practical jokes and little one-liners, and a great person to have around the changing room.

Best-dressed team-mate?
Patrice again probably! He’s head to toe in Dolce & Gabbana, he does all his shopping in Monaco and Milan, and is always smart, even in his tracksuit.

What about the worst dressed…?

[Another long pause] Cristiano [Ronaldo]. No reason, but it will upset him so I thought I’d say it! He tries hard every day…

Who is the best player in training?
Paul Scholes - you just can’t get the ball off him. He’s a great passer of the ball, he has a great range. He works hard but he also manages to make it look easy – which everyone would love to be able to do.

And the worst? [Long pause] Erm, you don’t really get bad trainers at this club. But I’ll say Anderson – only because he’s carefree, relaxed and tries things out, but he doesn’t ever take himself too seriously.

Who’d make it into your Reds five-a-side team?
Alongside me I’d have Rio, Scholesy, Cristiano and Wayne Rooney. In that side you’ve got goalscorers, the backbone in Rio, people who can keep the ball, pace and power – just a bit of everything.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 9:45pm On Apr 03, 2009
Ronaldo with all his money cant dress dapper to save his life?

I aint really surprised though, afterall he his an autistic Portuguese roll
!! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

!! cheesy

That was just Giggs' opinion. I stand to be challenged, that guy is one of the best dressed footballers in the world.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2009
ndumart:

That was just Giggs' opinion. I stand to be challenged, that guy is one of the best dressed footballers in the world.

I dont think so

He his as atrocious as his mother!

He his indeed an awful dresser and ranks in the same category of fashion clangers like Jubril Cisse! grin

I have pictures to back up my claim!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2009
Dude, it's Giggsy's opinion, end of. grin Besides, what does this have to do with Ronny's mother?

Same way another United dude said Park was the best player in training 'cos he is difficult to keep up with due to his energy, etc etc.

On the Mourinho issue, one thing is certain.  .  .Sir Alex Ferguson will not leave United in hands that he doubts for a second are totally capable of handling things all-round.

As for those saying ''Mourinho will learn''.  .  .for real? The words 'Mourinho' and 'learn' just don't sound right in the same sentence.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

I dont think so

He his as atrocious as his mother!

He his indeed an awful dresser and ranks in the same category of fashion clangers like Jubril Cisse! grin

I have pictures to back up my claim!

Again, i doubt that.

Lets see the pictures and concise analysis on how he qualifies as an awful dresser.
Jubril Cisse is a fashion faux pax. He is an apology.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

!! cheesy

Ronaldo is the best dressed footballer in this country.
Giggsy saying that was just ribbing Ronaldo cos he tries 'too hard' to impress with the gel in his hair.
In 2006/7, he kept the whole team 20 mins late for the trophy presentation at OT cos he was gelling his hair and other vanities.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
Check this rubbish out! grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 3) On 2nd December 2017 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.