Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (65383 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 16, 2009
It showed even in the game against Newcastle, Obafemi was kinda unlucky not to have scored in that game.

@ Eastbay

You ask, where do we go from here, take it easy, it was a bad pill to swallow, but we can only use this to reasses what our games have been like lately. its a rude awakening and the next game is very important for us, if Fulham think they can beat us because of what liverpool did, then we need to send a clear message again that we ain't ready to let top spot go just because of one awful day at work.

At this stage, 4points lead aint bad, we really need to make the outstanding game count. UNITED usually know how to react after a loss, i believe thats whats gonna here.

One UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2009
debosky
I think you're not being fair about the referees remark.
Vida had to go.
but against Blackburn,you forget we had a goal disallowed wrongly.
This referee thing has been overblown.Because if it was true as most people say it is,then the Gerrar penalty and the red card wouldn't have happened.
Praising a ref for doing his job is rather out of place,if you ask me
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2009
Eastbay:

Rude wake-up call.
Don't even know what to say.
My vacation begins today and I don't like the way my team made it start out.

Question is,where do we go from here?
United hasn't been quite humiliated like this in all my years of watching the team.I mean,1-4 at OT is the worst kind of beating we could take.
And to add to the fact that its our worst rivals,Liverpool,and we  feel the pinch.

But it's not the end of the world.We can turn things around,and we've got the squad for it.
I feel we got caught on a bad day.
Fergie himself was lost.Making triple substitutions is a gamble,and my hunch told me he was going to screw this up,

A bad weekend, all haters have earned their say,though most of it has been the usual dust.

We go on to WIN THE LEAGUE.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by bussyankee(m): 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
east bay, i know you are gutted about the 4-1 defeat but saying is the worst since you started watching united is step too far. remeber 2003/2004 season mancity raped us at the same satdium with the same score line, what about 2005/2006 season middlebrogh spanked us with same 4-1. but not to worry this one sorry result is just a blip in a season that is destined to be a great one for us.
united all the way.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by azubyky: 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2009
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2009
akinalabi,
I'd lke to agree with you.
But we need a response,and we need to redeem ourselves.not against Fulham,with respect to them,but against a top four side.
That's why I want us to play liverpool again in the Champins league.
we need to put ourselves to the test.I know we can come good,but we need redemption to prove ourselves.
People are saying all sorts of smack,especially some people I respected,because of this loss.We need an answer.

Coded,
you're right.
was looking forward to starting my vacation with possibly a title-enhancing victory.
It just hurts knowing that Liverpool inflicted us this defeat.And really we've got no excuses.I used to live in britain and I know first hand how huge this rivalry is.i dare say that Liverpool can rest assured that they beat us this well even if they don't win the title.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by azubyky: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2009
sorry azubyky angry angry angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2009
Eastbay

Vida has been pulling shirts all season and getting away with it. That is the truth, even if you choose to avoid it.

I'm not saying that is the only factor, but you have gotten away with some interesting things this season to say the least.

People are going on about Gerrard and Torres - was that the issue?  

They were good no doubt, but MU failed to do the basics. Why would Vida not head clear for the first goal?

Why did O'shea or Rio not head clear for the fourth?   Why was Ronaldo so off his game? Ditto Carrick? Was that Gerrard and Torres as well?

There has been too much complacency - No drive and determination from most of the players on the day. Now due to previous performances, you could get away with it. Now no more - return to the basics is what Man Utd need., not all this quintuple nonsense.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2009
It seems I'm the only one that wasnt bothered about the
loss.

The only thing I wasnt comfortable with was that the defeat
came from our bitter and eternal rivals. Now, those scousers
have the bragging rights.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2009
bussy,
4-1 was at the Riverside.We could live with that,since they seemed to be our bogey team.
City never beat us that large a margin at OT.the season you're talking about was at City of Manchester stadium.

but this is liverpool.Eternal rivals,till we die.
I got calls from Liverpool fans in UK who I know.Saturday was really MiSERABLE for me.they taunted me to death.It's officially our worst loss at OT for 17 years.QPR beat us with the same scoreline in 1992.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 16, 2009
debo,
Vidic is an excellent defender.Give the devil his due.prior to last Saturday he had been in imperious form.
don't know any defender who hasn't pulled shirts before.not that it's right,but the referees failed to clamp down on it.It should be a booking at the very least.Every defender is guilty as charged.
united were poor.No one in his right mind will defend/deny that.
I agree that we need to get back to basics.i for one am refusing to get carried away by the possibility of the quituple.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ Eastbay,

Yeah, we need a response but we dont need to prove anything.

We are the world champions you know? And of course the league
table says the title is heading to OT
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2009
akinalabi,
ok.
You seem very unpertubed.
How is that possible?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by olamorgan(m): 2:34pm On Mar 16, 2009
let them say, elenu lo lenu, no matter what they say man united is still on top, and forever we will be, liverpool's match was just a lesson for us to learn, lyk yoruba will say, "eyan kan kii je ki ile ko fe"     taht is just it, WE ARE STILL THE BEST, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2009
Eastbay:

akinalabi,
ok.
You seem very unpertubed.
How is that possible?

grin grin grin

Let me ask you. . .

When it comes to rallying his troupes to go to war, do
you know anyone better than Sir Alex?

Just take a look at the table once again. . .

Ask yourself, if you would have taken this if you were
offered it at the start of the seaon.

Would Chelsea and Liverpool have taken it?

We had a bad day. A day to forget. It has brought us
back down to earth.

It's all fair as far as I'm concerned.

I feel like I felt after Santa Cruz broke VDS's clean
sheet. No more counting and pressures.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ Eastbay

I know the loss hurts but lets look at it this way!

We lost a battle, the war is still there to be won, and we still have an advantage.

Take a look at the table. we lost 4-1 to liverpool and are still top with 4points and a game in hand to win.

Yes our pride has been dented, especially because its liverpool and it was at OT, but we need to redeem it by winning the war.

Ask Arsenal and man city what it feels like to see a team you beat home and away lift the trophy at the end of the season. tongue tongue grin

Chelski, Liverpool and Arsenal would give anything to be where we are at this stage. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by invisible2(m): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2009
And Vidic caused 3 goals!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2009
invisible!:

And Vidic caused 3 goals!

So?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Phony200(m): 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2009
Vida has been even more consistent than CR7 this season. He's due a bad performance, it's out of the way. Definitely, he'll get better. No diggity.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2009
I said it before, high time we paid the price for sloppy football
Inter game shoulda taught us some lesson. Maybe because Mourinho was yapping too much
We need to step up our game big time. . . . . . . .

I am only scandalised this happened at OT. I woulda taken it elsewhere!!
A tad bad day for Vidic and Evra.
The attack was dead as wood same with the defence who has been our rock all season
But how we bounce will determine if we have the trade mark of Champions

Lets do it against Fulham.
We need to quit this cries!!! lets get over it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by invisible2(m): 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2009
Vidic caused 3 goals and saw RED, so he was removed to allow the real RED DEVILS operate, and so could not be there to prevent the 4th!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Phony200(m): 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2009
Emperoh,
Very true. We devils can let it slide but the bad mouth gaynners and chelski fans won't let it slide. You shoulda been here yesterday, there were only two devils here while everyone else was spitting bile. I can't wait till I see how we respond. That'll definitely shut people up.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
emp,coded,akinalabi
feel so much better after reading your posts.
I believe you all have points and maybe this might be a blessing in disguise.

Actually,other fans have been talking real crap.
Phony,
Let's wait till the end of the season.It's the trophy haul that counts.as Akin said,we lost 4-1 but were still top with a game to spare.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Tmoni(m): 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2009
@Phony and Emperoh,

am so sure by this time next wee, Man Utd would have our 7 point lead restored or at least a 6 point lead

Chavs play Spurs ( Ol Harry is sure of survival and is gunning for Europe now, so blood will flow)

Liverfool play Villa (A bad run has to end sometime, as we saw a chink in a good run on saturday)

We should decimate Fulham, and regain our lead,

Chelski and Arse-anal have all lost by 3 goal margins this season so kini big deal,

We are Man Utd
It has happened and it has happened, we would overcome, BELIEVE
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by invisible2(m): 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2009
Manchester United came face to face with the red devils, and they shivered!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:45pm On Mar 16, 2009
Knee-jerk reactions, pre-ejaculations and tonnes of fuckery.

United lost the game because our defenders(esp. Vidic) forgot to do the basic things.
First goal was a gift from Vidic. 2nd goal was another gift as Vidic backed away when he should be winning the 2nd ball.
3rd goal was also caused by Vidic. He miscontrolled a simple ball and allowed Gerrard to beat him with pace.
The 3rd goal killed the game and it woulda been worse after that.

This is just a temporary glitch. . . . . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2009
Sauron,
where you been?
Don't tell me working
You're the most active poster on this thread.

I'm supposed to be on vacation, but I'm in mourning, sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by invisible2(m): 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2009
Temporal glitch ma foot! Beware of Fulham while you're at it, feel the pain that VDS felt. Temporal glitch ko, permanent glitch ni!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
where you been?
Don't tell me working

I'm supposed to be on vacation, but I'm in mourning,  sad

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

sharon was in hiding grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
where you been?
Don't tell me working

I'm supposed to be on vacation, but I'm in mourning,  sad

Look for the old thread and see how we had to extinguish the wind-up merchants on this thread on saturday.
Why would anyone mourn what happened on saturday?? Has it changed anything on the table??
Will it affect the confidence of the players?? These are players who have won titles after titles and can handle the pressure thrown at them.
A loss after 4 months of 90% wins and 10% draws?? The lads should be applauded.
I am 300% confident United will win the title in the last week of April(with 3 league games to spare).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by invisible2(m): 5:00pm On Mar 16, 2009
To think that you guys just decided to delete all past posts here? PDP in action!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2009
invisible!:

Temporal glitch ma foot! Beware of Fulham while you're at it, feel the pain that VDS felt. Temporal glitch ko, permanent glitch ni!

@Invisible
All we ask is for them to realize they're not invisible (no pun intended).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.