Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers (3316 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt / Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
it is with intent plea I write from my heart today on behalf of every Yoruba out there,on behalf of awolowo, on behalf of younger generations I apologize to my igbo brothers, we are sorry for betraying you,we are sorry for starving you, please forgive us and embrace the path of peace..

NB. I know Yoruba is the bridge that holds Nigeria together that's why my Igbo brothers need our support to opt out to Biafra. I assure you of our support hence forth.
let's love each other even in Nigeria or Biafra we are one...

remarkable memories when I was in primary school I had Igbo friends who defended me, loved me they were family and are still family please stop this E..war am Yoruba I love the igbos and I will never stop even if they get Biafra by war or peace... Igbo kwenu

4 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by LoveMachine(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
kingsolex:
it is with intent plea I write from my heart today on behalf of every Yoruba out there,on behalf of awolowo, in behalf of younger generations I apologize to my igbo brothers, we are sorry for betraying you,we are sorry for starving you, please forgive us and embrace the path of peace..

NB. I know Yoruba is the bridge that holds Nigeria together that's why my Igbo brothers need our support to opt out to Biafra. I assure you of our support hence forth.

remarkable memories when I was in primary school I had Igbo friends who defended me, loved me they were family and are still family please stop this E..war am Yoruba I love the igbos and I will never stop even if they get Biafra by war or peace... Igbo kwenu

Peace fam.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by psucc(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
The South West of Nigeria really betrayed the rest south just because one man was unable to secure his personal interest in the government of the day.

Well, we will forgive the A.bokis and rather than the South West.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by kossyablaze(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ok o

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
psucc:
The South West of Nigeria really betrayed the rest south just because one man was unable to secure his personal interest in the government of the day.

Grow up.

8 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
owerre to Calvary he trekked for me, he trekked for me x3

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
I Am Very Sure, If Biafra Will Come To Reality, Igbos Must Solicit Yorubas' Help. Biko
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by shaboti: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lols. No go find job.
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by emmatok(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
kingsolex:
it is with intent plea I write from my heart today on behalf of every Yoruba out there,on behalf of awolowo, on behalf of younger generations I apologize to my igbo brothers, we are sorry for betraying you,we are sorry for starving you, please forgive us and embrace the path of peace..

LOL,

Another one claiming Yoruba.
And how did Yoruba starved and Betrayed them .

11 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
emmatok:

LOL,
Another one claiming Yoruba. And how did Yoruba starved and Betrayed them .
do u have a special way of identifying a Yoruba person? please share.
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by damosthottest: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
kingsolex:

I can say you are few Yorubas who are reasonable but I'm sorry to say that your Yoruba brothers are back stabbers by nature. It's difficult to make a pact with them because they are never consistent. They can deny you in matter of seconds.

In this Biafra struggle, we don't need their assistance because you don't know what they will do in the next minute.

For example: in this Nairaland forum that is owned by a Yoruba, I've seen countless of thread in the favour of Igbos and Biafras that were removed but those against Igbos and Biafra were not removed. Therefore Yorubas will not be useful in this struggle, when we get Biafra we can then work with you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by StOla: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
Sorry for yourself.

I owe no Igbo any loyalty, so I don't know where betrayal comes into the picture.

Nigeria won a war, Biafra lost a war. Nigerian soldiers of that war are heroes, Biafran rebels of that war remain rebels. That is the history I know, that is the story to be told.

The victor has no business apologising for not losing.

Whatever path the vanquished chooses to follow is irrelevant at this time.

14 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
damosthottest:

I can say you are few Yorubas who are reasonable but I'm sorry to say that your Yoruba brothers are back stabbers by nature. It's difficult to make a pact with them because they are never consistent. They can deny you in matter of seconds.

In this Biafra struggle, we don't need their assistance because you don't know what they will do in the next minute.

For example: in this Nairaland forum that is owned by a Yoruba, I've seen countless of thread in the favour of Igbos and Biafras that were removed but those against Igbos and Biafra were not removed. Therefore Yorubas will not be useful in this struggle, when we get Biafra we can then work with you.

in every good there is an element of bad vice versa same as in every tribe there are back Stabbers u know Igbos can do any and everything for wealth and fame but the same diplomacy u use in handling such people is all u need to work with the Yorubas sorry to say u need us to break away stop shying from the bitter truth.

NB.. u intelligent I expect u to use ur high IQ.
#bless
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by AshiwajuFoward: 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
Guy, o.y.o (On Your Own) lo WA. That is to say, you are on your own. They will throw your apology back at you and still insult and abuse you ontop. You're only speaking for yourself, not me.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:
Guy, o.y.o (On Your Own) lo WA. That is to say, you are on your own. They will throw your apology back at you and still insult and abuse you ontop. You're only speaking for yourself, not me.

all for peace baba mi aye ta wa yi a le kun anytime se omo ?
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by mascot87(m): 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
psucc:

Who cares? And u shall die with hatred of the Yoruba race. So shall it be. May u not change your mind, we don't give a f*ck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by mascot87(m): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
damosthottest:

I have some Igbo back stabbers in my neighborhood, the thunder that will fire them is still doing press up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by damosthottest: 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
kingsolex:

in every good there is an element of bad vice versa same as in every tribe there are back Stabbers u know Igbos can do any and everything for wealth and fame but the same diplomacy u use in handling such people is all u need to work with the Yorubas sorry to say u need us to break away stop shying from the bitter truth.

NB.. u intelligent I expect u to use ur high IQ.
#bless

I agree with you that in any good there an element of bad. Igbos may be known for their quest for wealth But dealing with back stabbers like Yorubas in this sensitive matter of secession
Is not advisable, we don't want what happened in the past to repeat again.

Let me refresh your mind: After Ojukwu released Awolowo from Calabar prison, Awolowo promised that the southwest would seceed alongside with Biafra, and we all know what happened later.

Recently your people have been threatening the Igbos even the so called Oba of Lagos who could be an example of peace. Few days ago Obasanjo, an ex president said that the SS and SE would suffer because of Jonathan past administration. Igbos shop are being burnt regularly in your land. Few weeks ago ladipo matket where Igbo trade was demolished with their goods without any notice. I can go on and on.

Mind you we are not enemies with Yorubas, but in this struggle we need to thread cautiously.

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
kingsolex:

Well said. We can separate and still maintain a cordial and bilateral relations. Not those saying if you separate you will lose your properties...very stup8$ d and uncivilized thing to say.

Point of correction OP...it's not only Igbos, other ethnic groups in the so-called SS particularly Old Cross River hold similar view. Some of our parents grew up not knowing their fathers and mothers. And suffered intensely to make a new beginning with the 25 pounds Pa Awolowo gave to them out of pure wickedness. Do Igbos and these other ethnic groups hold pent-up huff for this injustice? Of course! Anger is an appropriate response for things that are done that are evil and cruel. However when those who perpetrated these evil are yet to atone for it, it's doesn't help. I heard one the other day say...What happened has happened let's move on. Move on? Did you know 1/3 of our parents grew up without fathers and mothers? Did you know the incredible hardship they went through while Awolowo was offering their counterpart free education? Did you know that I didn't know my grand parents, including most? As a kid and adolescent, when I hear my yoruba and Hausa friends talk about spending time with their grandparents during the holidays, and couldn't say such? I say these not to make charge but to be very mindful when you arrogantly say "move on" when reparations nor atonement were never made.

I'm not Igbo but a Biafran...there are other ethnic groups who fought along side Biafra that suffered also.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
OK please my Igbo brothers should stop making us feel like enemies.
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by sdindan: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
StOla:
Sorry for yourself.

I owe no Igbo any loyalty, so I don't know where betrayal comes into the picture.

Nigeria won a war, Biafra lost a war. Nigerian soldiers of that war are heroes, Biafran rebels of that war remain rebels. That is the history I know, that is the story to be told.

The victor has no business apologising for not losing.

Whatever path the vanquished chooses to follow is irrelevant at this time.
Please who are you?
Answer me and don't forget to put ur unknown surname

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Udmaster(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
kingsolex:

Awolowo role in the war played a huge part in the mistrust, but all the same, Igbos need their own Country OR let Regional System of Government be Implemented in Nigeria..
Btw, South East having 5 States while North West having 7 states is a Broad Day Treason that is born out of Tribalistic mindset.. Or the lack of federal projects in south East etc

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Masterclass32: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
Peace be unto you @ op.

While the two tribes may not be very much in love with each other, they must find a way to co-exist, either in Nigeria or in two different countries. We have found ourselves living side by side, and unless one tribe packs up and leaves, we must find a way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by T8ksy(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
damosthottest:

I agree with you that in any good there an element of bad. Igbos may be known for their quest for wealth But dealing with back stabbers like Yorubas in this sensitive matter of secession

Let me refresh your mind: After Ojukwu released Awolowo from Calabar prison, Awolowo promised that the southwest would seceed alongside with Biafra, and we all know what happened later.

Recently your people have been threatening the Igbos even the so called Oba of Lagos who could be an example of peace. Few days ago Obasanjo, an ex president said that the SS and SE would suffer because of Jonathan past administration. Igbos shop are being burnt regularly in your land. Few weeks ago ladipo matket where Igbo trade was demolished with their goods without any notice. I can go on and on.

Mind you we are not enemies with Yorubas, but in this struggle we need to thread cautiously.

Can you buttress the bolded part of your post above with verifiable links?

Thanks.
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by oluwalfa: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Trust the op's intentions at your own peril
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by damosthottest: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
T8ksy:

Can you buttress the bolded part of your post above with verifiable links?

Thanks.

OF COURSE, JUST MANAGE THESE TWO, IF YOU NEED MORE LINKS I'LL GIVE YOU

http://www.mercenary-wars.net/biafra/
READ THE FIFTH PARAGRAPH

Speech By Chief Obafemi Awolowo To Western Leaders Of Thought, In Ibadan, 1 May 1967:

http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/98546/1/speech-by-chief-obafemi-awolowo-to-western-leaders.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by illiad: 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
K
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by stinggy(m): 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
damosthottest:

I feel compelled to enlighten you on some things;

• Zik started the betrayal game leaving Awolowo his fellow southerner to align with the northerners. I wonder why you make noise about it now that Yorubas are doing same.

• There was never meant to be Biafra war if Majors Okafor, Chukwuma and Obienu did not betray their fellow coup plotters. Nzeogwu, Ademoyega, Anuforo played their parts well and killed those marked for killing - Ahmadu Bello, Akintola, Tafa balewa, Okotiebo etc.. Okafor failed to capture Ironsi! Fled off with Ifeajuna to Enugu when they all were supposed to rendezvous in Airport junction(Abeokuta road). Obienu failed to bring his troop from Abeokuta, which could have gone a long way to help the fight against Ironsi. Ifeajuna was suspected to have leaked secrets to Zik allowing him to run off. Even Okpara who was in the country was spared.
Please don't tell me about betrayal!

• Awolowo never promised Western Nigeria will secede with Biafra. He said if Igbos are forced out of Nigeria, he would have to take Yorubas out too.

• Ladipo market: Did you say it was demolised without prior notice Fear God!
And Ladipo market has to be rebuilt, it's becoming an eyesore. Every reasonable state does it, why the cry? Yaba market was demolished and remodeled, was there any cry?

Yorubas are never your problem, get over this!

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by ibedun: 12:01am On Jul 27, 2015
F*ck Igbo and Biafra.

Go and die!

I am a Yoruba man 100%
Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by aishababa(f): 12:11am On Jul 27, 2015
emmatok:

LOL,

Another one claiming Yoruba.
And how did Yoruba starved and Betrayed them .

It is called "igbo sense" but very easy to expose it.
Don't mind him, he is okonkwo in every detail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by T8ksy(m): 12:30am On Jul 27, 2015
damosthottest:

OF COURSE, JUST MANAGE THESE TWO, IF YOU NEED MORE LINKS I'LL GIVE YOU

http://www.mercenary-wars.net/biafra/
READ THE FIFTH PARAGRAPH

Speech By Chief Obafemi Awolowo To Western Leaders Of Thought, In Ibadan, 1 May 1967:

http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/98546/1/speech-by-chief-obafemi-awolowo-to-western-leaders.html

I just knew you were going to quote that famous awo's speech to yorubas leaders of thought as your so called agreement with the ibos to secede. Nigeria is basically a tripod and it was you ibos that roped us into this dumb contraption in the first place. it's therefore a no-brainer that once any part especially the ibo leaves, the western region too will follow suit, that does not mean we were going to go on a suicide run like ojukwu envisaged nor do we intend to turn our region into a theatre of war. How we go about our own secession bid does not concern nor involve the ibos. Awo already made this position clear to Ojukwu he visited him prior to the war in enugu.

And btw, ojukwu did not release Awo rather Gowon did else he, Awo would have been re-arrested the moment he stepped foot into "Nigeria". Instead he was escorted to his hometown ikenne in Lt. Col murtala mohammed's car. This is another lie that have been much touted and still been disseminated by you mischievous and poor revisionists.

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 27, 2015
aishababa:

It is called "igbo sense" but very easy to expose it.
Don't mind him, he is okonkwo in every detail.

for the record I leave u to ur cheap stupidity, am from a place u will wish all ur life to come from, I am Yoruba 100% a Prince of ijesa land, from the center of Yoruba's heart osun. prince Adewumi Ayobami. so u better go to ur graves with jealousy I Guess u are the back stabbers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barcanista Is The New Beaf Of Nairaland. / Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures / Young Visioneers Association of Nigeria (YVAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.