Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Age-difference - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age-difference (2096 Views)

What Is The Best Age Difference Between Couples / Does Age Difference Matter In A Relationship / Age Difference Sure Matters In 'Will You Marry Me?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age-difference by queenblack(f): 8:29am On Mar 15, 2009
I am in my mid-thirties and my man (igbo) is 62. Is there a problem with the ag
Re: Age-difference by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 15, 2009
come one now, you cant be serious.
thats way too much. the difference is huge.
Re: Age-difference by Gabry(f): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2009
Well, I dont see it as a problem provided he is genuine and sincere and he treats you right.

Poster, u are not alone. Ive seen others like your case and its normal to me.
Re: Age-difference by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 15, 2009
@poster opinion differs in issues like this however at thirty something yrs of age i don't really see any big deal in it by now you should be matured to know what you want from a relationship so go for it. Just use your discretion at all times. Wish you all the best.
Re: Age-difference by queenblack(f): 7:44am On Mar 16, 2009
Thanks, I really appreciate your advice. I never thought I would be in love with a man that much older and I see why ppl say,"Never say never" grin I am excited about going to 9ja with him to meet my inlaws and enjoy everything there. Is anyone on this thread from Anambra State? What can I expect when I visit? He hasn't been back home in about 20 yrs. Within the time living in the US he has been restructured and I told him he needs to go back home to be restructured again because if I wanted an american I would have been with one. grin
Re: Age-difference by Omolola1(f): 9:43am On Mar 16, 2009
I wish you GOOD LUCK!

You would find Nigeria a wonderful place to stay
Re: Age-difference by spikedcylinder: 9:53am On Mar 16, 2009
Your in-laws are still alive? shocked tongue
Re: Age-difference by abrahym(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2009
it ok but the oldman got limited time on earth
Re: Age-difference by abrahym(m): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2009
it ok but the oldman got limited time on earth
Re: Age-difference by sparta(f): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2009
Shuo, will he be your children's father or grandfather? Please dont tell me he dosent have a wife and kids somewhere. undecided
Re: Age-difference by queenblack(f): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2009
let me correct my statement, I deeply apologize. he is 15 yrs older,not 25. that was a typo.

@spikedcylinder - his dad is in the UK.

@sparta - he is divorced. yes, he has kids - the last 2 are 17 & 18.
Re: Age-difference by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2009
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaate.
Re: Age-difference by yme1(f): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2009
lol
Re: Age-difference by Treetop20(m): 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2009
15 years isn't that bad but he is getting old
and are you ready to start changing diapers soon?
undecided
Re: Age-difference by spikedcylinder: 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2009
queenblack:

let me correct my statement, I deeply apologize. he is 15 yrs older,not 25. that was a typo.

So you lied? You are not in your mid thirties, your are 47. Or he's less than 62? undecided
Re: Age-difference by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Your in-laws are still alive? shocked tongue
grin grin grin

@post
You're not serious cheesy cheesy
Talk better thing jare tongue
Re: Age-difference by Czarskit(m): 1:19am On Mar 17, 2009
~Thread Locked~

The thread starter & her hubby turned into fishes on their wae to 9ja. U can visit them in River Niger. tongue
Re: Age-difference by Winnergal(f): 1:27am On Mar 17, 2009
gabrywyl:

Well, I dont see it as a problem provided he is genuine and sincere and he treats you right.

Poster, u are not alone. Ive seen others like your case and its normal to me.
queenblack:

@spikedcylinder - his dad is in the UK.

@sparta - he is divorced. yes, he has kids - the last 2 are 17 & 18.

spikedcylinder:

So you lied? You are not in your mid thirties, your are 47. Or he's less than 62? undecided

@original poster

You've been busted cheesy
Re: Age-difference by queenblack(f): 6:12am On Mar 17, 2009
@spikecylinder - he's 52. sorry
grin
Re: Age-difference by queenblack(f): 6:14am On Mar 17, 2009
@ Treetop20
He is ready to start changing diapers, too.
Re: Age-difference by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 17, 2009
Nothing there it's alright.check this out my mom's 42 her dad's 60.
Re: Age-difference by Gabry(f): 7:26am On Mar 17, 2009
poster, Whats it with the lying? I am not really happy with that sad

Pc, ohh its not that bad. . . Why do they say age is just a number? And besides, no one has ever asked me on how old are my parents
Re: Age-difference by queenblack(f): 7:30am On Mar 17, 2009
he is 52, not 62. i wasn't lying. i just hope no one on here that may know him and me recognizes my thread, that's all.
Re: Age-difference by spikedcylinder: 8:12am On Mar 17, 2009
Queenblack, stop lying through your dirty teeth.

First, you don't know the age difference between you and your "fiance". Then, you don't know his actual age, is it 62? 52?. Plus, 52-15=37 so you are not in your mid thirties, you are in your late thirties.

You are useless. undecided
Re: Age-difference by queenblack(f): 8:16am On Mar 17, 2009
no need for the insultive remarks. I have apologized already. And yes, I am 37 and he is 52.
Re: Age-difference by pinkylady1(f): 10:05am On Mar 17, 2009
marriage should not be based only on what we feel, i believe there is more that.

i'd advice you think with your brain not with your heart b/4 you make a grossly mistake
u'll use your entire regreting.
Re: Age-difference by sparta(f): 10:47am On Mar 17, 2009
Queen, have you ever been married? Anyways if you love him and you know you can be happy with him you can go ahead, love has never been abt age. What matters is your peace of mind. Wish yo the best
Re: Age-difference by JJYOU: 1:53pm On Mar 17, 2009
queenblack:

no need for the insultive remarks. I have apologized already. And yes, I am 37 and he is 52.

welcome to NL
Re: Age-difference by ohaechesi(m): 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Queenblack, stop lying through your dirty teeth.

First, you don't know the age difference between you and your "fiance". Then, you don't know his actual age, is it 62? 52?. Plus, 52-15=37 so you are not in your mid thirties, you are in your late thirties.

You are useless. undecided

lol; you are not far from what i expect of you. your outburst is quit temperamental but then, logistically you are absolutely correct
Re: Age-difference by daduke2k(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2009
first i will tell u that u will enjoy anambra soomuch and secondly i dont think i believe you honestly speaking. undecided undecided
Re: Age-difference by Chetachuku(m): 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2009
Can you count the number of generations apart? Well, it depends on what you want from the union. If he is rich and that old, he will leave his wealth for you. Just pray that his siblings allow you access to those comforts.
Re: Age-difference by CrazyMan(m): 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2009
@Poster

Let me guess. . . your Ibo guy is from Ngwa they are the ones that marry like that husband 60 wife 17

@Topic
If you love him, you can go ahead with the relationship, but don't come back to Nairaland and begin to tell us that your man isn't good in bed as a result of old age. I won't reply shuch thread if I happen to find it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Absurd Romance Related Quotes / To Meet Or Not To Meet. What Would You Do? / 2go Is Wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.