Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... (21275 Views)

Ponder On This Just For A Second / Please Help He's Frustrated And I'm Worried He Might Do Something Really Crazy / Child Rearing Thoughts To Ponder On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by CuteMaryJ: 8:33am On Jul 27, 2015
Most times when we walk into big malls, boutiques, supermarkets, we never question their prices. We pay exactly what we see on the price tags and even hand out tips to the staff. But the moment we are out of these shops and want tobuy banana, our bargaining game gets off to the roof.

Poor widow with 12 hungry children at home tells you banana is N100. She even takes out her time to explain how difficult it wasfor her to even buy it, how the economy is so tough. But we insist that if it's not N50, we are not paying. Some of us even step back into our cars and make to drive away.

But because 'half bread is better chin chin', this woman is forced to call you back and sell to you at little or no gain. In her heart, she cries, she's worried about how she'll survive with her children. She silently reassures herself that 'It's well. God will definitely provide.'' While you happily chop the luscious banana.

Take some seconds out and think about this, guys. Please don't bargain hard with small vendors like this. They do business not to buy designer bags, Gucci shoes but to LIVE and EAT!

Love,
Laila Ijeoma

Source: http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/07/something-really-urgent-to-ponder-on.html

516 Likes 104 Shares

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2015
Seriously, I'm touched.

134 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by delishpot: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2015
Aww, touching. This life sha.

Lalasticlala please front page biko. This news need to spread and every bit of it is true. Those of us whose parents were petty traders can identify with this struggle.

46 Likes

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by Tallesty1(m): 8:40am On Jul 27, 2015
I don't really bargain for stuffs, just tell me your last price and I will pay if I can afford it.

iguita:
This is me speaking. If you sell 100 bucks thing for me for 1000, if I can afford it, I pay. Causes quarrel between my wife and I all the time.

I can relate.

I bought banana one day on my way to lagos and the woman sitting close to was like.

"Son, don't you bargain for things? I can get that banana at half the price you paid. Next time tell somebody to buy for you"

I smiled and thanked her.

Deep down I was glad that I got it at that price because it was pretty cheap compared to what I would have paid if I bought it at abuja.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 27, 2015
So true. . cry

But I can't help but bargain, I'm kinda used to it... embarassed .

People bargain because you wouldn't be happy if your friend buys same time you buy at #900 for #500...It's more painful if both of you buy from same shop..... No matter how rich we're, nobody wants to be 'wasting' money....

I think they should also have fixed prices for goods.. some of them do that already.. There will be no room for bargaining, the price is this and that's it.. people that will buy the goods will buy....

erudean:

What if ur friend buys from a different supermarket at a lower price would that stop you from buying yours at a higher price elsewhere? It doesn't add up pls. OP's appealis very very apt.
It's a different supermarket na.. how will you feel buying 5 oranges for 100# whereas your friend got 7 oranges for #100 from same seller because she could bargain... That's why everyone seems to bargain cos no one wants to lose...

Also, if I find out a supermarket sells at cheaper prices, I'll start shopping there as long as their goods ain't substandard.... I manage my finances...

I never said Op's post isn't sensible.. it's an eye opener....

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by lalasticlala(m): 9:09am On Jul 27, 2015
Quite touching..

8 Likes

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by djakinwande(m): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2015
Me no even sabi barging for goods I buy @d last price

1 Like

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by freesinzu(m): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by SouthernBreeze(m): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by ggrin(f): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2015
my mom must read thisangry

She fit price NL for 10K lipsrsealed

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by kekakuz(m): 9:12am On Jul 27, 2015
no time to ponder unreasonableness this morning
got work to do

*modified*

packaging is the word

you don't price mama put plate of food same with Mr Biggs

if the banana arrange her banana and put price tag, no body will price.

back to work pls
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by mrborntodoit: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2015
Nice !

75% of Nigerians don't give tips and they don't encourage Hardwork !!

People whom survive by selling their wares or doing there businesses on the street were forced by hunger so whenever I patronize them, I deal softly with them because I know they need the money to better the lives of their generation ( their kids and grand kids )

7 Likes

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2015
ABoki once told me watch is 6k I told him how much last he said oya bringi phix(6) hundredi angry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by iyisco2001(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2015
I don't bargain for anything(except when my girl is with me undecided), just tell me your last price, I'll buy.
Ladies, making life difficult for people since 1000000BC

1 Like

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by psychologist(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Auch nice one

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by adenine02: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2015
undecided
God bless u op

1 Like

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by mmafhew(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Yh. You garrit
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2015
lalasticlala:
Quite touching..
Since baba is touched, I am touched....

5 Likes

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by bigv(m): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2015
true.
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by librangyps(f): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2015
On my way to shoprites now to haggle prices... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by bbjummy: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2015
True words
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Some of them are out to exploit though

1 Like

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by Setaje(f): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Very true
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by pomporiking: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Cos the prices in most supermarkets are fixed compared to small scale vendors who hike prices at will.
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by mascotblaze(m): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Wow
True talk.
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by erudean: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2015
MarvellousGod:
So true. . cry

But I can't help but bargain, I'm kinda used to it... embarassed .

People bargain because you wouldn't be happy if your friend buys same time you buy at #900 for #500...It's more painful if both of you buy from same shop..... No matter how rich we're, nobody wants to be 'wasting' money....

I think they should also have fixed prices for goods.. some of them do that already.. There will be no room for bargaining, the price is this and that's it.. people that will buy the goods will buy....
What if ur friend buys from a different supermarket at a lower price would that stop you from buying yours at a higher price elsewhere? It doesn't add up pls. OP's appealis very very apt.

1 Like

Op is correct but some of the sellers too like hiking prices,& when they see their bargaining counterparts they feel cheated upon.
When a good's original price is 500#, they'll call it 2000#. I don't waste time I divide whatever the amount is into two.

3 Likes

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by ladyF(f): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Eeyah

But some of these vendors are not considerate too o. How will u put all the overhead cost on each banana. U suppose spread am na. Economy isn't smiling on me too.

The woman at my junction, her banana starts at N500, how I no go price? Help me Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by bocin500(m): 9:16am On Jul 27, 2015
True talk....
Thanks for this 'wake-up call'
Re: Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... by tunshe: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2015
Real happiness is helping others.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Living Without My Spouse For 6 Months (At Least) / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter / How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.