Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) - Rap Battles (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) (8600 Views)

Pidgin Cipher!!! / The Greek gods Cipher (official Signup Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by kr0ne(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Kr0ne... try changing the topic Name to
'Tonto dikeh steps out braless'

It will definitely hit frontpage in 30 seconds grin
You no serious. grin grin grin
Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Tiyazman(m): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
Calm down, guys.... We did what we did for fun.
Hurrying to make another piece for people who don't appreciate it doesnt cut it.

If we were to do an african mythologic cypher, it should be because we really want to, not because ishilove said so.
And not because of the FP.
Sense.
Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by ELYMAXiimus(m): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
jreyez:

I thought airmark be mod?
yes he is a mod, but only super-mods can move threads to the fp!

2 Likes

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Ishilove: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
It seems lalasticlala is not around.

This ishilove has never been a fan of this section. I'm sure she wishes it never existed!

What's wrong with the cypher that it can't make the fp?

I've seen so many stuffs that are not even nigerian/african related that make the FP - so far as it's either entertaining, or informative, educative nd so on.
This cipher has these elements in it.

If na kim k gist, e go don dey trend for fp by now.
How many Kim K stories have you seen on the homepage?
Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove:

i've lost count! You don't expect me to keep records of stuffs like that, do you?

What we're saying is that this section gets little or no attention, compared to other sections.

At least 2,3 threads from this section should hit the homepage every week! Abi?
Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove:

Maturity is not when we start speaking big things .It is when we start understanding small things.

I appreciate, you coming on board ......We are each others harvest , strength and unity .

All, what we need is understanding and assistance from you . This "cipher" means no harm to African heritage .

Thank you ....We all want equality ,peace ,fun and knowledge.

Have a nice evening . cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by kr0ne(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove:

If Tonto Dike missed her period or bought a new handbag, the news would surely hit the front page. You have no regards for this section because your friends ain't here. Just admit it.

3 Likes

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by liricyst(m): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove:

Ishilove, the rap section has been neglected perhaps because the mods feel our topics won't generate much interest from neutrals. I can assure you that that is not the case. Just take a leap of faith with us on this. Put that greek god cypher on the FP and let's see what happens.
Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
Alexpissu:

Maturity is not when we start speaking big things .It is when we start understanding small things.

I appreciate, you coming on board ......We are each others harvest , strength and unity .

All, what we need is understanding and assistance from you . This "cipher" means no harm to African heritage .

Thank you ....We all want equality ,peace ,fun and knowledge.

Have a nice evening . cheesy
The forum is 'Naira' land, not 'Greek' land. That means we discuss issues that affects us as Nigerians in one way or the other. Greek mythology, Norse mythology et al does not fall into that category I'm afraid.

If you guys can create something on African gods as we know them, and the reviews, the chances of it being featured on the home page is higher. Chukwu, Sango, Obatala, Oya, Bayejidda (although he wasn't a god but an Hausa legend), Esu etc will definitely pique the interests of the readers.

It is our heritage, our culture. You don't see the Europeans making a cypher of Sango, do you?

2 Likes

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove:

The forum is 'Naira' land, not 'Greek' land. That means we discuss issues that affects us as Nigerians in one way or the other. Greek mythology, Norse mythology et al does not fall into that category I'm afraid.

If you guys can create something on African gods as we know them, and the reviews, the chances of it being featured on the home page is higher. Chukwu, Sango, Obatala, Oya, Bayejidda (although he wasn't a god but an Hausa legend), Esu etc will definitely pique the interests of the readers.

It is our heritage, our culture. You don't see the Europeans making a cypher of Sango, do you?
We/they understand.
But please and please aunty Ishilove lovely lovely aunty. Our dear aunty. Just let us have this one.
Please take it to frontpage.
Thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove:

smh. I have seen some neutral threads on the fp. This one you're saying is just an excuse which we aint buying.
Lala has moved a thread from this section to the fp.
He didn't say all what you're saying now.

So what you're saying is it can't make the fp because it's not our culture?

What about the holocaust tourney - the final where you were tagged to pls help move the thread to the fp? What was wrong with that thread?

2 Likes

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Tiyazman(m): 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove, your excuse is silly.
Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove:

oh no - don't do this - if anything -your I.Q should be around 140/150 - I mean,that's kinda good.. the point is despite our differences you are one of the few females I thought had some sense here..
giving this as an excuse is making me start to doubt that..- no offense

don't we have Europeans, Asians & whatnot on Nairaland as well? you are kinda sounding racist here

a lot of foreign topics make the front page -
how many History students in Nigeria even study about Esu & obatala?
& does a cypher Greek mythology makes us less Africans? I can discern you have some components of insularity.

maybe that's why you couldn't notice this -

•this is overly educative
•this is entertaining
•this is literature
•this is poetry
•this is drama [as we had to get into characters ]
•the use of English is grade-A
•the lyricism is miles away from what the likes of Modewack Modenine do

do you know how difficult it is to write polysyllabic rhymes & make sense with it? jeez

It would be less disheartening if these topics aren't currently on the front page - while something this intellectual & brainy gets washed off

https://www.nairaland.com/2486225/lilian-bach-shan-george-new

here is one about Lilian bash currently on front page - does it increase my intelligent quotient? no - because it is a stewpid topic

https://www.nairaland.com/2487836/dbanj-rocks-pin.. k-shirt-poses

here's one on D-banj posing beside his car currently on front page - who is it benefiting?

www.nairaland.com/2486813/omg-what-kinda-wedding-photo

this one is the most r£tarded of them all..

•my point is your excuse doesn't make sense..
& I apologise if I sound harsh - I Just don't like bottling what I feel

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by ThePrekky(m): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ishilove:

Hmmm, I don't think, we will have a happy balance if you dictate our "responsibility" on us ....We not in medieval age, everybody wants that poise of mind , free will and purpose to life . Rap is about investing in people and it will be unwise for you not to be objective in your reasons.

We not having an appearance on FP ...you expect us to be cheerful or gentle . No one looks for happiness in darkness .

I don't think your lamentation on "African gods" can be connected to reality. I have my unlimited personal power of a freethinker and not a follower .

You are a moderator....leadership means you getting along with people . If you not doing something for us , it simply means you not growing us.

All, I ask of you is tolerance and acceptance .....Let the audience be our judgement. Goodnight #smiles#
Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by liricyst(m): 12:05am On Jul 30, 2015
Quite frankly, we are better off not continuing this discussion. Ishilove will not move it to the FP. That much is clear.
I for one don't care about the cypher on the frontpage nor about getting on anyone's top three and what not. I had fun researching my character and had more of it getting into character. For me, that's a win already to have been involved in this. So kr0ne...nice one putting this together, fam....respect. And other participants..you all did great.

#peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by slimSin: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2015
The bitcch banned me mehn..for calling.her a beetch Wad up this is warriblood reping waff town

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by kr0ne(m): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
ThePrekky, I've added your verse to the list. You can edit your post now. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by kr0ne(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
You guys should stop begging these mods too like they're gods. Ishilove has made it clear that she won't put this on front page, so let it go. Most of them don't even want this thread to exist...so why give a flying fvck? We do this for the love of hip hop and for the glory of the Rap Battle section that we rep. Peace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by G3n3sis: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hahaha! see bars o grin dope, dope, dope! I really enjoyed all: Lyricist, Dark, Krone, Alex, Airmark, Giyazz, Dj, Bruce, Prekky. U guys are dope!

2 Likes

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Limerick: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ishilove:

lmfao, it would have been better you didn't comment on this thread at all than telling them to rap about chukwu, sango and all that shhit...are you for real?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
G3n3sis:
Hahaha! see bars o grin dope, dope, dope! I really enjoyed all: Lyricist, Dark, Krone, Alex, Airmark, Giyazz, Dj, Bruce, Prekky. U guys are dope!
who's alex?

1 Like

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Emaprince: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
It seems lalasticlala is not around.

This ishilove has never been a fan of this section. I'm sure she wishes it never existed!

What's wrong with the cypher that it can't make the fp?

I've seen so many stuffs that are not even nigerian/african related that make the FP - so far as it's either entertaining, or informative, educative nd so on.
This cipher has these elements in it.

If na kim k gist, e go don dey trend for fp by now.
you guys really get time to dey suffer headache over this ishilove of a woman. I wonder why darkenedrebel haven't learnt that it is time to ignore her totally. We've been in this section for long and we aren't doing anything for front page. Most of the super mods does not know about this section sef.

Ignore the girl and stop posting her name in every interesting thread you create. I hate seeing Cc lalasticlala ishilove. Its really irritating. These people know nothing about rap. You guys should learn to do your thing, have fun and ignore those that doesn't care about you. Simples!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Emaprince: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
kr0ne:
You guys should stop begging these mods too like they're gods. Ishilove has made it clear that she won't put this on front page, so let it go. Most of them don't even want this thread to exist...so why give a flying fvck? We do this for the love of hip hop and for the glory of the Rap Battle section that we rep. Peace.
sadly, you people are making her popular in this section sef. The way rebel tags her in every battle thread was how I got to know her. I really don't know what front page will earn anybody here. We have never in the past, done anything and asked for front page. It was all for fun. Na una era we come dey see front page this, front page that. It seems nuccas are seeking attention from NL females or what? Lol..

You knew about the first Kings tourney, right? Did you see any battle thread in the front page? We didn't even ask for it and some of us (eg. Ibime) didn't even want it on the front page. So you guys should chill and do what you are doing for fun and not for yeye internet fame.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by Ishilove: 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
Limerick:

lmfao, it would have been better you didn't comment on this thread at all than telling them to rap about chukwu, sango and all that shhit...are you for real?
Hold on.

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by RapLawd(m): 12:09am On Jul 31, 2015
darkenedrebel:
sick cypher

Top 3 verses

•Krone's verse
•my verse &
•Giyazz verse

dj5naira was sick with that - Em & lil Wayne line but his verse was too long ✘

Some verses including yours ain't well distinguished in terms of bars, non hardcore rappers will just read thus like poem or piece of write ups...

Kudos bravos...
Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by RapLawd(m): 12:12am On Jul 31, 2015
Ishilove:

Go sleep jare,
Move this to front page, you ain't know whom amongst them you're getting whooping good musical career job for with that...

They're talented!! !appreciate that!

1 Like

Re: The Greek Gods Cipher (the gods also brag!) by RapLawd(m): 12:15am On Jul 31, 2015
Ishilove:

But they have lotta documentary on it!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

The Nairaland Rapbattles Newbies' Tourney -- Sign-up Thread. / * * ~ Brutal Clash III { Season 2 } : Ibime Vs U3 ~ * * / **********WARCRAFT STATE OF MIND*********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.