Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Could This Be A New Way Of Employment Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Could This Be A New Way Of Employment Scam (645 Views)

Red Alert On Employment Scam / Nigerian Housemaid Steals Over N2million Within 9 Days Of Employment. Pics/video / See The New Way Nigerian Scammers Use Now To Get Your Atm Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be A New Way Of Employment Scam by Justiyke4u: 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
I received a call this morning from a number not saved on my phone. I greeted the person and he responded and told me his name. Am actually not familiar with that name. Then he said that one ministry just did a screening exercise on their staff and has fired those working with a forged certificate and that the ministry is also hiring now. I said ok. Then he said I should send him my credentials so that he will put my name among those to be hired. I asked him how am I supposed to send the credentials, he now said I should just type it and send it as a text message I then said ok but never did. Since then I have been wondering how the person got to know my name and my number of course the way he called my name doesn't look like someone that knows me well because he called it just like my online names.
When i raised the issue few mins ago a girl just told me that her aunty experienced such and behold it was a scam.
she further told me that when the aunty sent the credentials the man told her that he has bought a slot for her but she needs to settle him before he would release the appointment letter and that means paying him for the job. This however prompted an investigation into the ministry and the person does not even work there and there was no recruitment going on in the ministry.
Please has anyone experienced this or is it now a new trend and style of scam?
Re: Could This Be A New Way Of Employment Scam by Applaner: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
t

(1) (Reply)

She Killed her Fiancé Over Sex / [GRAPHIC PHOTO] Bus Crushes Man In Benin / Graphic Photos Of Some Victims Of Maiduguri Multiple Bomb Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.