Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

What Would You Have Done? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Have Done? (747 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Have Done? by Gflat: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
I met this girl online, and we started chatting(though I never believed in blind dates) but this lady was one in a million. She really proved me wrong about lots of things I think about women...we got close and we started getting found of each other(though we were apart due to distance at these period)
I returned from the states last week and we hooked up at my residence.
Man, she was perfect in all ways just that she's gat disability! (Her left leg isn't straight)cry I had a cut in my heart immediately and I didn't know when I held my face to my palms in her presence(I didn't do this deliberately). She knew it was because of her appearance and she felt bad...

She returned home and haven't picked up my calls since then. As much as I liked her intelligence, maturity and beauty, I can't just go ahead and date someone with disability. It is not what I can leave with...I am so sorry tricia cry . Guys what do you think?
Re: What Would You Have Done? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: What Would You Have Done? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
undecided
Re: What Would You Have Done? by INTROVERT(f): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
you don't have emotional intelligenc else you would hav been able to control yourself when you saw her.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Have Done? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
Love supercedes all...though you should have expected anything before getting fond of someone you've not seen. Don't force it , if you can't live with her disability let her go, don't accept her 'cos of pity.
When it comes to love; everyone comes with a baggage, finding someone who loves them enough to help with the unpacking.
Re: What Would You Have Done? by UfuomaUN(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
What you did was inhumane.
Re: What Would You Have Done? by demmy0325(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Gflat:
I met this girl online, and we started chatting(though I never believed in blind dates) but this lady was one in a million. She really proved me wrong about lots of things I think about women...we got close and we started getting found of each other(though we were apart due to distance at these period)
I returned from the states last week and we hooked up at my residence.
Man, she was perfect in all ways just that she's gat disability! (Her left leg isn't straight)cry I had a cut in my heart immediately and I didn't know when I held my face to my palms in her presence(I didn't do this deliberately). She knew it was because of her appearance and she felt bad...

She returned home and haven't picked up my calls since then. As much as I liked her intelligence, maturity and beauty, I can't just go ahead and date someone with disability. It is not what I can leave with...I am so sorry tricia cry . Guys what do you think?
.. Love conquers all..
Re: What Would You Have Done? by ORACLE1975(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
introvert HAVE SAID IT ALL ;Dintrovert HAVE SAID IT ALL
Re: What Would You Have Done? by Princecalm(m): 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
you really got it wrong by showing your disappointment in front of her, but that does not mean you will continue with what you are not comfortable with, you guys can just remain friends instead of taking it higher
Re: What Would You Have Done? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
Love is a beautiful thing...

We make the mistake of seeing love as a thing of the physical, a thing of material, a thing of facial, bodily and appearances as to perfection..

Ignorant we are to the fact that love is blind, love is regardless of facial beauty or bodily imperfection.. .

Love isn't about loving a perfect person perfectly but love is all about loving an imperfect person perfectly... .

Cc; lalasticlala

EricRichie
Re: What Would You Have Done? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
People display different emotions when faced with disabled people. Some ask questions, some pretend not to notice, some are sympathetic and some feel pity. Everybody tries not to show what they feel.
You felt disappointment. Not for her but for yourself which is very selfish. And that's okay. What is not okay is the fact that you showed it so blatantly.

I don't know how you could have made such a mistake. In a country like Nigeria we see at least one disabled person every day. Being able to mask your thought in the face of a disabled should have come as a reflex from so much practice. I don't know how you made such a blunder. I feel bad for her.
Re: What Would You Have Done? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
She might have fallen in love with u already, doing what u did right there have broken her heart and love for u and that is why she isn't picking your call. She is taking her time to forget about the guy that has stolen her heart ONLINE embarassed
I met my bf online and fell in love with him, what if I was that girl?? I wud have been disappointed and angry with myself. Why can't you date her?? She is just limping right?? U can actually try her out and find out the good girl in her kiss opinion of others doesn't really matter when it comes to love dear.
Love is more than that.
People like her needs to be shown love, do u know the kind of courage she must have summoned bfr she.finally decided to meet u??
I am not trying to manipulate ur emotion but do u know it cud be you in that girl's shoe And I know ur type will quickly rush to NL to badmouth Nigerian ladies tongue
Re: What Would You Have Done? by hiteelong(f): 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
I tink u are an idiot

1 Like

Re: What Would You Have Done? by grad2012(f): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
Am more worried about the lady cry she will be so hurt right now,but wat were you thinking couldn't you have just pretend in her presence and besides her being disabled doesnt mean if you marry her at last ur kids will be disabled too.pls try an call her wit an unknown number since she's not picking ur calls to know if she's ok and to atleast apologize to her, that's the best you can do for her since you don't want to be in a relationship with her.
Re: What Would You Have Done? by Cholls(m): 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
my brother don't feel bad...you did the right thing ending it...And am sure she will understand she saw a brother who knows what he wants and set it straight.

(1) (Reply)

30 Famous Movie Lines You Can Use To Woo A Girl. / How To Say I LOVE U / 7 Ways How Laughing Can Improve Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.