Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan (3215 Views)

Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet / Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan / Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by Whizzcute(m): 6:19am On Jul 28, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has opted to remain silent despite the barrage of questions
requiring answers from him by not just newsmen, but Nigerians in general on his handling of the
nation’s affairs.

Jonathan said he will, for now, rather remain silent.
According to his spokesperson while in office, Dr Reuben Abati, the former president has asked him to
tell those seeking to speak with him, especially newsmen that he is resting.

In an article entitled: “The phones no longer ring,” Abati, the Special Adviser on Media to Jonathan, said
he has had to deal with barrage of requests for interview with his former boss.

He, however, said Jonathan had told him to inform those making the requests that he is resting.
In the article in which Abati appeared to be at pains as to the stoppage of the numerous phone calls
that he got while in office, but most of which he did not attend to, he explained: “Today, the phones
remain loudly silent, with the exception of calls from those friends who are not gloating, who have been
offering words of commendation and support.

“They include childhood friends, former colleagues, elderly associates, fans, and family members.
“And those who want interviews with President Jonathan, both local and international – they want his
reaction on every development, so many of them from every part of the planet.

“But he is resting and he has asked me to say he is not ready yet to say anything.
“It is truly, a different moment, and indeed, ‘no condition is permanent.’

“The ones who won’t give up with the stream of phone calls and text messages are those who keep
pestering me with requests for financial assistance.

“I am made to understand that there is something called “special handshake” and that everyone who
goes into government supposed to exit with carton loads of cash.

“I am in no position to assist such people, because no explanation will make sense to them.
“Here I am, at the crossroads; I am glad to be here.”
In the opening paragraphs of the article, which was earlier published by this news website, Abati said:
“As spokesman to President Goodluck Jonathan, my phones rang endlessly and became more than
personal navigators within the social space.

“They defined my entire life; dusk to dawn, all year-round.
“The phones buzzed non-stop, my email was permanently active; my twitter account received tons of
messages per second.

“The worst moments were those days when there was a Boko Haram attack virtually every Sunday.”

http://tribuneonlineng.com/why-i-am-keeping-quiet-—jonathan

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by Iamoilprince(m): 6:20am On Jul 28, 2015
oga Jona, u hv every right to remain silent because anything u do or say shall be used against u when we are ready.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by fulanimafia: 6:21am On Jul 28, 2015
If I hear ween!!

What else does the corrupt, inept, and irretrievably clueless Jonathan that was rejected by the majority of Nigerians have to say?

From the revelations emerging about how you looted this country with impunity, all you will need to say Mr. Ebele is guilty, guilty, guilty.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by heykims(m): 6:24am On Jul 28, 2015
What do u expect from him?
GEJ reduced the standard of the presidency so much that anybody could have contested against him nd won in a free nd fair election.
What GEJ did during his reign isn't called embezzlement, but systemic looting..
He also didn't just encourage corruption, he bred it..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:25am On Jul 28, 2015
heykims:
hg
highing ganja OR , hidden Goodluck grin
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by olasmith10(m): 6:31am On Jul 28, 2015
He needs to rest very well so as to provide him enough energy wen d probes comes calling..

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by Shekau1(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2015
Buhari can Prob Jonathan if he likes, but Probing is different from Arresting him (Which can never happen), Except Buhari wants to official seprate Nigeria. It's because of Unity of the Country he and other leaders have not been arrested or in Jail nw.
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by anuma1(m): 6:36am On Jul 28, 2015
Am Epitome of Peace. I Love You .

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by Tolexander: 6:36am On Jul 28, 2015
Was he ever talking when he was in power?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 28, 2015
Oga Jona I like your parole jorh.
Your silience is burning into the hearts of ape-pc. Since their dullardo presido is yet to do something more challenging, he and his propagandas are out looking for people to put the blame on.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:41am On Jul 28, 2015
You will speak when you get to court.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by TI1919(m): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2015
grin
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by kernel504(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2015
Better...

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by YoursGEJ(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2015
He should only open his mouth when he is ready to tell us where his wife's, Deziani's and his loot are stashed

What a complete waste of a nation's six years

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by okpamson15(m): 6:55am On Jul 28, 2015
Ebele is resting any body that want to probe past president should start it with obasanjo

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by anigbajumo(m): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2015
Mumu,who send una?

Clueless voice out wen it comes to issue of probe....

I laugh in 7D cry kiss kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by ogba20: 7:23am On Jul 28, 2015
Iamoilprince:
oga Jona, u hv every right to remain silent because anything u do or say shall be used against u when we are ready.

. Let me nt insult u bt am only going to ask u one question? Who is ur father?
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by Segadem(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2015
Iamoilprince:

why u didn't complete the statement now?
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 28, 2015
Better for u.
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by bigx(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2015
That's how he kept quiet and was propaganda-ed out of power. He hasn't learnt

Whizzcute:
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has opted to remain silent despite the barrage of questions
requiring answers from him by not just newsmen, but Nigerians in general on his handling of the
nation’s affairs.

According to his spokesperson while in office, Dr Reuben Abati, the former president has asked him to

In an article entitled: “The phones no longer ring,” Abati, the Special Adviser on Media to Jonathan, said

He, however, said Jonathan had told him to inform those making the requests that he is resting.
In the article in which Abati appeared to be at pains as to the stoppage of the numerous phone calls
that he got while in office, but most of which he did not attend to, he explained: “Today, the phones
remain loudly silent, with the exception of calls from those friends who are not gloating, who have been

“They include childhood friends, former colleagues, elderly associates, fans, and family members.
“And those who want interviews with President Jonathan, both local and international – they want his

“But he is resting and he has asked me to say he is not ready yet to say anything.

“The ones who won’t give up with the stream of phone calls and text messages are those who keep

“I am made to understand that there is something called “special handshake” and that everyone who

“I am in no position to assist such people, because no explanation will make sense to them.
In the opening paragraphs of the article, which was earlier published by this news website, Abati said:
“As spokesman to President Goodluck Jonathan, my phones rang endlessly and became more than

“The phones buzzed non-stop, my email was permanently active; my twitter account received tons of
messages per second.

“The worst moments were those days when there was a Boko Haram attack virtually every Sunday.”

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by hassan85(m): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2015
Lol. He has nothing to say. After al d dirts he brought on our dia nation? Hes beter off quiet or better stil holdin meetin or nigerian attachee to Militants. Hes beter off not in nigeria sef
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by rawtouch: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2015
While you are keeping quiet please accept this carton of alcoholic malt from me
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by CallPolice: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2015
Ogorogoro Master
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:53am On Jul 28, 2015
Iamoilprince:

who be we? Mr man u and ur dulla-rd no fit do anything.

I just so much like this Abati, the man is too good and humble, despite the fact that GEJ is no more there, he still speak for him. That's knowledge and humbleness. Not that fullness of time man that know nothing other than to spill rubbish from both side of his mouth like his master the dulla-rd.

Meanwhile, Good morning my humble GEJ. Enjoy yourself and know that u are always the best.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2015
Whizzcute:
nation’s affairs.

messages per second.

Oro wo lowa lenu opo nu e
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by darazonian(m): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2015
eyya! power has change gear and now the Tanoids regain their consciousness.

whatever goes up most surely comes down.
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by darazonian(m): 9:40am On Jul 28, 2015

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by tomakint: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2015
Jonathan has said it repeatedly shortly after he lost his re-election bid that he will talk at the right time.....I pray he attempt writing an autobiography because Nigerians need to hear the TRUTH. Obviously, the Press have not been favourable to Jonathan while in office and even when out of power but one thing is sure the Jonathan's government was not as bad and terrible as the Press want us to believe. Respect to Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the Pioneer & Father of Modern Democracy in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by darazonian(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2015

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan by darazonian(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Dailymail's The Most Murderous Regimes In The World, Gowon Named / NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government / Jonathan Destroyed Nigeria. Blame Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.