Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

What Shall I Do (repentance) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Shall I Do (repentance) (377 Views)

Can You Return A Certificate For Engaging In Exams Malpractice After Repentance? / Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? / To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Shall I Do (repentance) by kennynelcon(m): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2015
If you have come to a knowledge of the truth—knowledge of God’s law; of His way of life, particularly as expressed through His Ten Commandments; of His provisions for salvation through Jesus Christ, who offered Himself for the sins of the world; of the resurrection of the dead; of the Kingdom of God and reward of the saved—and if you truly believe the good news of Christ and His Kingdom, then Peter’s timeless words are for you:

“Repent, and…be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38).

If you are one who previously came to a knowledge of the truth, responded in repentance and baptism, and received the gift of the Holy Spirit, but have since drifted away from God, perhaps returning to old habits or allowing despondency and doubt to overwhelm you, then God’s Word has a message for you, as well:

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

Whether you are new to the faith or are a “backslidden” Christian, God desires to receive you into the loving fellowship of His family.

The next step is up to you.
Re: What Shall I Do (repentance) by OkoyeA1(m): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 13th Of August 2015 / What's Your Decision? / The Power Of The Cross Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.