Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights (1980 Views)

Supporters Of Atiku Abubakar & Kwankwaso Clash In Jada, Adamawa (Photos) / Supporters Of President Buhari On Solidarity Protest On The Streets Of Abuja / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 28, 2015
Please I'd like to know your views/take on these issues:

1. What do you think about sexual relationships between parents and their children? It is still banned in the west - is it not a violation of their human rights if two consenting adults decide to have intimate relations?

2. Why is polygamy/polyandry still banned in the west? Is this not a violation of fundamental human rights? If consenting adults decide that a man can marry more than one wife and a woman can marry more that one man why is it banned in the west?

3. Where do you draw the line between morality and human rights?

I do not agree that gay relations should be criminalised but I agree that society should determine whether it is acceptable or not.

Waiting for your answers, please.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by OkoyeA1(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2015
Eyeew
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by DahtzFestjayz: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2015
Shymm3x, Duru1, OPCNAIRALAND, Change2015, ROSSIKE, aresa, abagoro, Dollyak, Gbawe, Severussnape, EasternLion. Lalasticlala, Ishilove.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Tallesty1(m): 7:56am On Jul 28, 2015
SovietBomber:
Shymm3x, Duru1, OPCNAIRALAND, Change2015, ROSSIKE, aresa, abagoro, Dollyak, Gbawe, Severussnape, EasternLion.
^^^Are they gays?

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 28, 2015
Tallesty1:
^^^Are they gays?

No, oooooo. I just want to hear from them.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by EasternLion: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2015
If I catch any gay around me, I go just cut his prick off.

I don't negotiate with gays.

Wetin sef angry sad

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by jesussaves22: 8:37am On Jul 28, 2015
EasternLion:
If I catch any gay around me, I go just cut his prick off.

I don't negotiate with gays.

Wetin sef >sad sad
Also I will use spanner and screw their anus
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by zendy: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2015
SovietBomber:
Please I'd like to know your views/take on these issues:

1. What do you think about sexual relationships between parents and their children? It is still banned in the west - is it not a violation of their human rights if two consenting adults decide to have intimate relations?

2. Why is polygamy/polyandry still banned in the west? Is this not a violation of fundamental human rights? If consenting adults decide that a man can marry more than one wife and a woman can marry more that one man why is it banned in the west?

3. Where do you draw the line between morality and human rights?

I do not agree that gay relations should be criminalised but I agree that society should determine whether it is acceptable or not.

Waiting for your answers, please.

Sexual relationship between parent and child or incest cannot be permitted to prevent "inbreeding".

Polygamy is not banned in the west, what is banned is bigamy.

Where I draw the line between morality and human rights is in humanity. I'm not gay and I'm not a gay rights activist per se, but I'm not about to reject a human being for being gay. Being gay is not something someone grows up to learn, you either have that inclination or you don't. If a person has that inclination and respects that I do not have the same, I'm ok with him. I cannot demonise a person because their sexual orientation is not the "norm" and what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is none of my business. People who look down on gay people are backward thinking in my opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2015
Ronald4lif come answer these questions.

PS: He's not gay o. grin
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 28, 2015
zendy:

Sexual relationship between parent and child or incest cannot be permitted to prevent "inbreeding".
Not allowing inbreeding or whatever you call it is a violation of human right if it is not allowed between two consenting adults as you guys will say.

We are informed people. Don't come here to spew lies. Polygamy is not allowed in the US. Even bigamy should be allowed so long it's between consenting adults.

Where I draw the line between morality and human rights is in humanity. I'm not gay and I'm not a gay rights per se, but I'm not about to reject a human being for being gay. Being gay is not something someone grows up to learn, you either have that inclination or you don't. If a person has that inclination and respects that I do not have the same, I'm ok with him. I cannot demonise a person because their sexual orientation is not the "norm" and what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is none of my business. People who look down on gay people are backward thinking in my opinion.
It is what someone grows up to learn. It's not their makeup. Someone normally introduces them to it and they get used to it with constant practice. It's like addiction to drugs.

Clearly, you made no point.

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 28, 2015
zendy:

Where I draw the line between morality and human rights is in humanity. I'm not gay and I'm not a gay rights per se, but I'm not about to reject a human being for being gay. Being gay is not something someone grows up to learn, you either have that inclination or you don't. If a person has that inclination and respects that I do not have the same, I'm ok with him. I cannot demonise a person because their sexual orientation is not the "norm" and what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is none of my business. People who look down on gay people are backward thinking in my opinion.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In cultures that practice marital monogamy, bigamy is the act of entering into a marriage with one person while still legally married to another.[1] Bigamy is a crime in most western countries, and when it occurs in this context often neither the first nor second spouse is aware of the other.[2][3] In countries that have bigamy laws, consent from a prior spouse makes no difference to the legality of the second marriage, which is usually considered void.

Why should bigamy be banned even if the other spouse gives consent to the marriage? is this not a violation of the rights of adults who have consented to it? Answer me

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:

God bless you! You nailed it. Let's hear what he has to say. i don't understand why even bigamy should or inbreeding should be banned when it is done by two consenting adults and not by force. embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by dinachi(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2015
My guys the homosexuals cannot refute your points because their heads are high up their anuses! Anyone supporting homosexuals and demanding for rights for them needs to have their heads checked.
It makes absolutely no sense supporting homosexuals to marry and denouncing parents who want to marry their adult kids. What is the difference really? All involved are adults! It does not hurt anybody what they do with their lives according to the usual homosexual propaganda.
Then why stop polygamy in the west between consenting adults.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by ki02020(m): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:

I smell gay in your comment
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by zendy: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:

If you look at it from an open minded point of view, you will see I'm on point. Inbreeding is a strong point to ban incestuous relationship because the offspring(s) that may emerge from such relationship are most likely to have genetic anomalies which they can pass on to their own offsprings. In the USA, Mormon families and other religious sects are known to engage in polygamy as is in Europe. As for "getting used to being gay", I don't believe in that. For me to leave all the fine girls out there to sleep my fellow man is crazy so any man who does this is someone who has always been gay but did not yet have consenting partner yet. I believe people are born gay but my point it that if two consenting gay people decide to engage in that activity, it's no ones business. I know men and women who engage in far worse sexual activity than gays anyway
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by dinachi(m): 9:46am On Jul 28, 2015
zendy:

If you look at it from an open minded point of view, you will see I'm on point. Inbreeding is a strong point to ban incestuous relationship because the offspring(s) that may emerge from such relationship are most likely to have genetic anomalies which they can pass on to their own offsprings. In the USA, Mormon families and other religious sects are known to engage in polygamy as is in Europe. As for "getting used to being gay", I don't believe in that. For me to leave all the fine girls out there to sleep my fellow man is crazy so any man who does this is someone who has always been gay but did not yet have consenting partner yet. I believe people are born gay but my point it that if two consenting gay people decide to engage in that activity, it's no ones business. I know men and women who engage in far worse sexual activity than gays anyway
You are still not making sense. How does it concern you what two consenting adult family members do in private?
Homosexuality is a learned behaviour.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by MalcoImX: 9:55am On Jul 28, 2015
zendy:

Some are definitely introduced. Others looking up for worldly materials get into it believing it will make them rich. Still others learn it hoping to escape 'the harsh life' of being a man.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 28, 2015
ki02020:

I smell gay in your comment
You need a new nose. grin grin
I was just countering his points for supporting gay rights.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Change2015(m): 9:56am On Jul 28, 2015
Tallesty1:
^^^Are they gays?

So if I support freedom of worship that would mean I was religious?
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by MalcoImX: 9:58am On Jul 28, 2015
dinachi:

You are still not making sense. How does it concern you what two consenting adult family members do in private?
Homosexuality is a learned behaviour.
That is a behavioral approach and has its drawbacks. But still, in behavioral psychology, anything that is learned can be unlearned.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 28, 2015
zendy:

Why should bigamy be banned when consenting adults are involved?
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 28, 2015
Change2015:

Address my points or get out.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Tallesty1(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2015
Change2015:

I didn't say so.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 28, 2015
zendy:

If you look at it from an open minded point of view, you will see I'm on point. Inbreeding is a strong point to ban incestuous relationship because the offspring(s) that may emerge from such relationship are most likely to have genetic anomalies which they can pass on to their own offsprings. How is this your business? Is it not between consenting adults? This is a double standard game playing here. By the way, there are no genetic anomalies from such relationships. It's not a relationship between a human and an animal. It's between two consenting humans.

In the USA, Mormon families and other religious sects are known to engage in polygamy as is in Europe. As for "getting used to being gay", I don't believe in that. For me to leave all the fine girls out there to sleep my fellow man is crazy so any man who does this is someone who has always been gay but did not yet have consenting partner yet. You're wrong. No one is born gay. Have you wondered why some persons are addicted to hard drugs? Even when it has eaten them up and slowly killing them, they still can't do without it. Are you telling me they were born with it also?

I believe people are born gay but my point it that if two consenting gay people decide to engage in that activity, it's no ones business. Really? Why then are you concerned if consenting adults decide to engage in bigamy or polygamy? How is it your business if biologically related adults decide to have a sexual relationship??

I know men and women who engage in far worse sexual activity than gays anyway
Once again, you made no point as all you wrote was just double standard playing and all your points are skewed.

There's no reason to justify gay acts. It should be totally discouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by UncleJudax(m): 10:27am On Jul 28, 2015
jesussaves22:
Also I will use spanner and screw their anus
They have got nuts and bolts down there? cry
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:

Once again, you made no point as all you wrote was just double standard playing and all your points are skewed.

There's no reason to justify gay acts. It should be totally discouraged.

Just to make this clear, in as much as you are entitled to your opinion am sure you know what you were trying to do with the question of 'incest'.

The truth is scientifically there is a high chance of having kids with genetic disorder when two blood relationship decides to procreate. There are studies and findings on it. You asked how does the relationship between two blood relation affects him, the problem is not with the relationship but with the offspring of the relationship. Just like the problem of two AS procreating. The point is not really on the effect on two consenting adults but on the offspring whom has no say in the matter. Not only but also the burden it places on the society as a whole.

Back to the op.

When it comes to gay issue, my opinion is that it should be decriminalized, two consenting adult should not go to jail because whom they chose to screw (not referring to minors). How does two gay screwing affects the society or the life of every ordinary man on the street? These are people with loved ones like me and you, these are like everyday people, who work to pay their taxes, who have done no harm to the society. There only offence is that they choose sodomy, or cunnilingus rather than the tradition sex involving penis and vagina.

Until someone comes up with a valid reason, I see it as discrimination and akin to what the whites did to the blacks and are still doing.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 28, 2015
woodcook:

Just to make this clear, in as much as you are entitled to your opinion am sure you know what you were trying to do with the question of 'incest'.

The truth is scientifically there is a high chance of having kids with genetic disorder when two blood relationship decides to procreate. There are studies and findings on it. You asked how does the relationship between two blood relation affects him, the problem is not with the relationship but with the offspring of the relationship. Just like the problem of two AS procreating. The point is not really on the effect on two consenting adults but on the offspring whom has no say in the matter. Not only but also the burden it places on the society as a whole.

Back to the op.

When it comes to gay issue, my opinion is that it should be decriminalized, two consenting adult should not go to jail because whom they chose to screw (not referring to minors). How does two gay screwing affects the society or the life of every ordinary man on the street? These are people with loved ones like me and you, these are like everyday people, who work to pay their taxes, who have done no harm to the society. There only offence is that they choose sodomy, or cunnilingus rather than the tradition sex involving penis and vagina.

Until someone comes up with a valid reason, I see it as discrimination and akin to what the whites did to the blacks and are still doing.

Why is bigamy banned in the west even when consenting adults are involved?

Should we allow gay couples adopt little children?
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Change2015(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2015
You are looking at things from a certain prism. Let me ask you the following.
1. Is it OK for a society to agree that killing twins is a good thing?
2. Is it acceptable for a society to adopt scarification as a means of identifying it's members?
3. Is it acceptable for a 'society' to decree that all children born alive but differing from the norm physically, be put to death?

At the end of the day it is not just about the majority having its way, there must also be a moral (not necessarily religious) and ethical basis and understanding for the way people relate with others in society. Nigeria is full of adulterers and fornication who will happily quote the bible to justify their anti-gay sentiments, and then say man no be wood to explain their own shortcomings. Hypocrisy from any corner remains what it is, hypocrisy. We have a country that citizens pay good money to leave, they even trek across deserts to flee Nigeria, and we don't yet have time to ask ourselves serious questions about the kind of people we are.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by UncleJudax(m): 10:57am On Jul 28, 2015
zendy:

Like Agapecharis opined, you reek of undiluted double standard.

It is highly inconceivable that you have no problem with (even defending) the ban on bigamy and imbreeding, but somehow condone the liberalisation of homosexuality.

Again, you guys should just let it go, I don't belief ANYBODY is born gay. Some people just want to be different, it doesn't make the act innate.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by ki02020(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
You need a new nose. grin grin
I was just countering his points for supporting gay rights.

Then I guess the smell was coming from another plot not yours wink
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 28, 2015
Change2015:
You are looking at things from a certain prism. Let me ask you the following.
1. Is it OK for a society to agree that killing twins is a good thing?
2. Is it acceptable for a society to adopt scarification as a means of identifying it's members?
3. Is it acceptable for a 'society' to decree that all children born alive but differing from the norm physically, be put to death?

At the end of the day it is not just about the majority having its was, there must also be a moral (not necessarily religious) and ethical basis and understanding for the way people relate with others in society. Nigeria is full of adulterers and fornication who will happily quote the bible to justify their anti-Saraki sentiments, and then say man no be wood to explain their own shortcomings. Hypocrisy from any corner remains what it is, hypocrisy. We have a country that citizens pay good money to leave, they even trek across deserts to flee Nigeria, and we don't yet have time to ask ourselves serious questions about the kind of people we are.

You have not addressed my points. Why should the west ban bigamy and allow homosexuality on the grounds of human rights involving consenting adults? Even when adults consent to bigamy it is unacceptable in the west so why this double standard against human rights?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Statement About The Igbo, A Call For Truth & Justice In Nigeria / When The Young Shall Not Grow In Nigeria [see Photo] / Niger Delta Avengers Has Denied Rumour Of Arrests And Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.