Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights (1984 Views)

Supporters Of Atiku Abubakar & Kwankwaso Clash In Jada, Adamawa (Photos) / Supporters Of President Buhari On Solidarity Protest On The Streets Of Abuja / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by kosovo(m): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2015
Apple CEO Tim Cook who is openly Gay should come and answer your questions..
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by DMerciful(m): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2015
We are not the only species on earth. the universe does not revolve round us. even in the animal kingdom with far lower intelligence, they recognise male and female, they also recognise 1 male, 1 female, 1 male several female, 1 female several male but not 1 male 1 male or 1 female 1 female.
Mankind is looking for ways to go extinct as there seems no natural way in the horizon. if not, how can you explain the amassing of nuclear bombs? or terrorism or homosexualism?

I am seriously homophobic! i was born that way.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
SovietBomber:

Why is bigamy banned in the west even when consenting adults are involved?

Should we allow gay couples adopt little children?

In the west, the US specifically monogamy has always been the cultural norm right from the days of their founding fathers. Remember that the United State was founded on Christianity and as such its legal structure steams from that. The implication is that from the early days culturally the society frowns at it and the constitution endorsed it, hence, the act of having two valid contractual union is a crime.

This depends on the society and how the society is structured. In advance countries where institutions that are responsible for the protection of children are actually effective. I would rather have them be allowed to adopt kids instead of leaving those kids in foster care without the warmth and comfort of a loving home. Remember that irresponsibility cuts across gender and sexual orientation, I believe that being a responsible parent has nothing to do with being gay or not. What matters most is the welfare of those defenseless and needy kids, their needs and protection should come first and what is best for them should be done.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Change2015(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
South Africa allows both multiple wives and gay marriage! Why look at the west and not closer to home? There are African cultures that allow all manner of domestic arrangements that include homosexuality and lesbianism, and in some places a man will offer his wife to house guests. Why do we chose to look at our own continent as some pool of simple minded monocultural environment, but assume that it is the West that is capable of human complexity? Why don't we ever accuse the west of bringing adultery and fornication to Africa? Human beings whatever their race or location are capable of the same behaviours. God made us as one.
The west is built on a common foundation of judeochristian values influenced by Roman law and modern philosophy. Thus they have a different culture and understanding of their rights and obligations to each other and to the state. There was a time the Mormons were allowed polygamy but now the penalty is excommunication from that church. It may interest you to know that a major part of this is to ensure the state is not burdened by having to take care of children whose parents are unable. Cold economics. So basically they are agreed on the point that a man will have one legal partner in their culture and by law.
Whether or not people can marry whoever, their constitution also forbids discrimination on the basis of gender, race and increasingly sexuality. That is why the supreme Court had to rule as it did, because the state offers benefits to married couples (hetero) and denied gay couples the opportunity to access the same benefits, tax, inheritance, child custody, health care, insurance etc etc.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
woodcook:

[s]This depends on the society and how the society is structured. In advance countries where institutions that are responsible for the protection of children are actually effective. I would rather have them be allowed to adopt kids instead of leaving those kids in foster care without the warmth and comfort of a loving home. Remember that irresponsibility cuts across gender and sexual orientation, I believe that being a responsible parent has nothing to do with being gay or not. What matters most is the welfare of those defenseless and needy kids, their needs and protection should come first and what is best for them should be done[/s].

God will punish you abundantly. I never knew I was chatting with a deranged goat.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
SovietBomber:

God will punish you abundantly. I never knew I was chatting with a deranged goat.

You see yourself? In this age and time, someone brought up an issue for discussion and the best argument you can come up with is to insult me. I really do not feel sorry for you given your level of reasoning and communication I do feel sorry for the world given that someday you will procreate your like.

So much for Christianity!

I am sure you have read about kids being molestation by hetero parents almost on daily basis on NL, that does not mean that gay couples are saints. The point is evil people are everywhere irrespective of gender and sexual orientation.

I doubt if your Jesus or Mohammed will rather have a kid been adopted by a crack head hetero parents or the type of parents that stabbed a 5 year defenseless child or the type that was sleeping with an 11 years whose wife almost killed or the principle that raped 5 year old student and inserted stick in her vagina or the neighbor that raped a 2 year old or by gay couple that can provide the child with warmth and thriving environment?

The world has changed, everything is open for discussion and the earlier you adopt an open mind and have meaningful and objective conversation the better for the society at large.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
woodcook:

[s]You see yourself? In this age and time, someone brought up an issue for discussion and the best argument you can come up with is to insult me. I really do not feel sorry for you given your level of reasoning and communication I do feel sorry for the world given that someday you will procreate your like.

So much for Christianity!

I am sure you have read about kids being molestation by hetero parents almost on daily basis on NL, that does not mean that gay couples are saints. The point is evil people are everywhere irrespective of gender and sexual orientation.

I doubt if your Jesus or Mohammed will rather have a kid been adopted by a crack head hetero parents or the type of parents that stabbed a 5 year defenseless child or the type that was sleeping with an 11 years whose wife almost killed or the principle that raped 5 year old student and inserted stick in her vagina or the neighbor that raped a 2 year old or by gay couple that can provide the child with warmth and thriving environment?

The world has changed, everything is open for discussion and the earlier you adopt an open mind and have meaningful and objective conversation the better for the society at large.[/s]

Loads of shiit, you will make very good firewood material for hell. I am sure satan will use you as firewood to prepare peppersoup for himself.

May 1000Kj of red thunder destroy that useless mouth you use to call Jesus and may leprosy shrink those worthless fingers you used in typing his name you unfortunate beast of burden. The bible is very clear on matters concerning homosexuality, it is wrong and unacceptable not to talk of giving innocent little children to those good-for-nothing useless and hopeless men that say they are gay.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by zendy: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
UncleJudax:

Like Agapecharis opined, you reek of undiluted double standard.

It is highly inconceivable that you have no problem with (even defending) the ban on bigamy and imbreeding, but somehow condone the liberalisation of homosexuality.

Again, you guys should just let it go, I don't belief ANYBODY is born gay. Some people just want to be different, it doesn't make the act innate.

There is no double standard here. Like I said before, I believe that people are born gay. Using Africa as an example. We all know that a gay person in Africa is most likely to be ostracised, thrown in jail, beaten up and maybe even killed just for being gay. Why would a gay person risk all of this if the opposite sex could give him/her the same thing they are looking for with the same sex? If I was a gay man and a woman's vagina can give me the same thing a mans a$$ could give me, why would risk my life, my happiness and my freedom unnecessarily with another man? It makes no sense. The reason why there is no double standard here is that a bigamist, can choose not commit bigamy, a polygamist can choose not engage in that lifestyle but a gay person cannot choose not to be gay because they were born that way. I personally believe people are born gay. I am prepared to accept a gay guy the way he is as long as he accepts the fact that Im a straight guy who likes women.

I'm a Cathlolic and I stand by what the Pope said about gay people in 2013. The Pope said:

When I meet a gay person, I have to distinguish between their being gay and being part of humanity. If they accept the Lord and have goodwill, who am I to judge them? They shouldn’t be marginalized. The tendency is not the problem…they’re our brothers.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
SovietBomber:

Loads of shiit, you will make very good firewood material for hell. I am sure satan will use you as firewood to prepare peppersoup for himself.

May 1000Kj of red thunder destroy that useless mouth you use to call Jesus and may leprosy shrink those worthless fingers you used in typing his name you unfortunate beast of burden. The bible is very clear on matters concerning homosexuality, it is wrong and unacceptable not to talk of giving innocent little children to those good-for-nothing useless and hopeless men that say they are gay.

Child I will take it that you are a Christian and if I recall correctly your religion does not encourage the sort of language you using and the last time I checked the same bible you are referring to would rather have you pray for me than insult me and wish yourself all sort of unspeakable things.

That the bible is very clear on it, are you saying since the bible is very clear on it anyone that fails to abide to it should be jailed? In that case what is the different between you as a Christian and ISS who have been busy chopping off peoples head because they refuse to share the same believe system?

From the way Christ lived His life and from the way He resolved issues that were brought before Him, I strongly doubt that Jesus Christ will approve that gay people should be send to jail for being gay or treated as a leaper or the scum of the society. Unless there is another 'evil' and 'unforgiving' and 'barbaric' side to His personality that you are aware of that was not in the bible?

The funny thing is that like I pointed out you don't have the mental capacity to think or made a logical statement in defense of your perceived position rather you decide to place curse upon yourself. When you don't have counter argument the smartest thing to do is to keep quiet rather than exposing yourself. My bad talking to you about being smart! grin
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
SovietBomber:

Learn how to argue like a civilized person and stop throwing tantrums when you have nothing to say.

He was arguing with you intelligently and that doesn't mean he is gay. The bible might be very clear but it is not the word of authority for everyone on earth. It is for Christians alone. That is why there is a separation between church and state since there are different beliefs and non beliefs.

Grow up and argue with some sense
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Yevgeny:

Learn how to argue like a civilized person and stop throwing tantrums when you have nothing to say.

He was arguing with you intelligently and that doesn't mean he is gay. The bible might be very clear but it is not the word of authority for everyone on earth. It is for Christians alone. That is why there is a separation between church and state since there are different beliefs and non beliefs.

Grow up and argue with some sense

My brother you said it all with this "The bible might be very clear but it is not the word of authority for everyone on earth. It is for Christians alone. "

It is quite unfortunate that our dear country has been 'blessed' with people like him. Imagine because you are a Christian and you believe the Bible to be a word of authority to you, what happens to Muslim, Buddhist and other prominent religious bodies that does not believe that the bible reign supreme in religious life? Of course am sure maybe in his little mind Christianity is the only religion.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by UncleJudax(m): 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
zendy:

There is no double standard here. Like I said before, I believe that people are born gay. Using Africa as an example. We all know that a gay person in Africa is most likely to be ostracised, thrown in jail, beaten up and maybe even killed just for being gay. Why would a gay person risk all of this if the opposite sex could give him/her the same thing they are looking for with the same sex? If I was a gay man and a woman's vagina can give me the same thing a mans a$$ could give me, why would risk my life, my happiness and my freedom unnecessarily with another man? It makes no sense. The reason why there is no double standard here is that a bigamist, can choose not commit bigamy, a polygamist can choose not engage in that lifestyle but a gay person cannot choose not to be gay because they were born that way. I personally believe people are born gay. I am prepared to accept a gay guy the way he is as long as he accepts the fact that Im a straight guy who likes women.

I'm a Cathlolic and I stand by what the Pope said about gay people in 2013. The Pope said:

I couldn't disagree more! I reiterate that Nobody is born gay. But like you said, it is your belief.

Ciao!
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
woodcook:

[s]Child I will take it that you are a Christian and if I recall correctly your religion does not encourage the sort of language you using and the last time I checked the same bible you are referring to would rather have you pray for me than insult me and wish yourself all sort of unspeakable things.

That the bible is very clear on it, are you saying since the bible is very clear on it anyone that fails to abide to it should be jailed? In that case what is the different between you as a Christian and ISS who have been busy chopping off peoples head because they refuse to share the same believe system?

From the way Christ lived His life and from the way He resolved issues that were brought before Him, I strongly doubt that Jesus Christ will approve that gay people should be send to jail for being gay or treated as a leaper or the scum of the society. Unless there is another 'evil' and 'unforgiving' and 'barbaric' side to His personality that you are aware of that was not in the bible?

The funny thing is that like I pointed out you don't have the mental capacity to think or made a logical statement in defense of your perceived position rather you decide to place curse upon yourself. When you don't have counter argument the smartest thing to do is to keep quiet rather than exposing yourself. My bad talking to you about being smart! grin [/s]

Go to hell.
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Yevgeny:

[s]Learn how to argue like a civilized person and stop throwing tantrums when you have nothing to say.

Grow up and argue with some sense[/s]

Go and die.

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
SovietBomber:

Go to hell.

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=woodcook post=36367805][/quote]

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=SovietBomber post=36368506][/quote]

Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=woodcook post=36369056][]
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by SeverusSnape(m): 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
SovietBomber:
Please I'd like to know your views/take on these issues:

1. What do you think about sexual relationships between parents and their children? It is still banned in the west - is it not a violation of their human rights if two consenting adults decide to have intimate relations?

2. Why is polygamy/polyandry still banned in the west? Is this not a violation of fundamental human rights? If consenting adults decide that a man can marry more than one wife and a woman can marry more that one man why is it banned in the west?

3. Where do you draw the line between morality and human rights?

I do not agree that gay relations should be criminalised but I agree that society should determine whether it is acceptable or not.

Waiting for your answers, please.
**sigh**

1. I don't support incest of any kind, whether consensual or forced.

2. Well, Is polygamy banned in the west... I don't know of that, Even if it is, I believe It's because of the myriads of problems that may arise in the home, It's not easy having multiple wives you know...
secondly, Most western women can't buy the idea of being a second wife to a man on like their Asian and African counterparts.

3. Gays are humans like us, they have preferences. some were born that way. I've seen and read cases like that. So I believe they have the right to live their life, Do you suggest we eliminate them?...I wish I had enough time now, Would have elaborated this point well.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy of late. Thanks
Re: Questions For Supporters Of Gay Rights by SeverusSnape(m): 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
^^^Are they gays?
No, We ain't. we just believe they are free to live their lives the way they choose. I hated Gays before now (maybe I still do), Not until I read some touching tales, and the ordeals some of these guys go through.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is Still Making Haste Slowly - VANGARD / Amina Zakari's Father Was Married To Buhari's elder sis -alhaji Tanko Yakasai / Shocking! Amaechi Used N4billion Agriculture Loan For Political Patronage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.