Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn (14870 Views)

Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft / We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Firefire(m): 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
Some Beggars who besieged the NUJ Secretariat in Kaduna on Monday said they had used proceeds from begging to facilitate the election of Governor El Rufai of Kaduna State and promised to bring down his government should he insist on stopping them from begging - their means of livelihood.

They said the governor had not provided any alternative to them.

Addressing the Press in Kaduna under the aegis of Kaduna State Beggars Association, the beggars said if they knew that El Rufai would stop them from begging and would show no care about their welfare afterwards, they would never have voted him in.

The leader of the group, Mallam Yahaya Makaho, a visually challenged person who spoke on behalf of the group said: “I want to swear on my honour that I personally used my proceeds from begging to canvass for the support of El Rufai. I used my money to mobilise for his support, both on the streets and where I usually teach my students, and I am not alone in my group that made that sacrifice.

“We decided to support El Rufai, because we were tired of the then governor, (Mukhtar Ramalan Yero) who did not show any regards for our survival.

We worked hard, spent money and prayed and God heard or prayers and brought down Yero.

“Now, it would appear that we made a mistake. The new governor wants to bring us down.

“He does not want us to live. He has chased us out of the streets and has made no alternative arrangement for our survival.

“Look, some of us here have between three and four wives and many children.

“How can you lock up such a man, who must resort to begging because he has found himself incapable of doing any other thing?

“We are asking the governor to rescind this decision now or find ways to meet our basic needs.

“If he refuses to heed this demand, we shall make sure we bring down his government.”

It could be recalled that Mallam El Rufai stopped street begging, saying he would provide an abode for them where they would stay rather than them begging on the street.

He also maintained that beggars and hawkers are used by terrorists to innocently courier bombs for them.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/07/well-bring-el-rufais-govt-beggars-warn/

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by ammyluv2002(f): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Well, i don't know what to say angry

They should balance the equation now 50/50

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by INTROVERT(f): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
don't try those beggars oh..... they are good at concealing bombs. grin grin grin grin

begging is a part and parcel of the north...
oops... did I just look for trouble.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Demmocrats(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Firefire(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
“If he refuses to heed this demand, we shall make sure we bring down his government.” - Kaduna Beggars

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Demmocrats(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Burger01(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
El Rufai don enter amcheesy

Btw, the beggars should approach barcanista of nairaland on how to go about their historic agenda cheesy

Barcanista, work don land for you. The beggars need ya help. Better money go show for you cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by chiedu7: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
[size=13pt]STRANGE TURN OF EVIDENTS FROM APC.

AND THE LIST GROWS.

WELL APC & DULLARD KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

NOW BEGGARS THREATEN THE GOVERNMENT OF KADUNA STATE.

DULLARD IS THE 1ST PRESIDENT TO TAKE HIS CHILD ON A GOVERNMENT FUNDED OFFICIAL TRIP.
AND THE TRIP WAS PAID FOR BY THE TAX OF THE NIGERIAN MASSES.

₦AIRA HAS FALLEN THREE TIMES SINCE DULLARD & APC GOT IN.

DULLARD HAS CUT OFF THE SOUTH-WEST THAT GAVE HIM THE PRESIDENCY.

GIVES ONLY THE NORTH NICE APPOINTMENTS, WHILE IGNORING THE REST OF THE COUNTRY

MAKE'S SURE ONLY THE NORTH GETS SENATE PRESIDENT & SPEAKER OF REPS.

GRACIOUSLY GIVES THE EAST OF NIGERIA BOKO HARAM PRISONERS

WONDERFUL GIVES THE SOUTH-SOUTH NUCLEAR REACTORS THAT OTHERS KNOW IS A DEATH TRAP.

BOKO HARAM HAS INCREASED IT'S KILLING, EVEN BURNING THE HOUSE OF TOP MILITARY MAN.

BOKO HARAM IS NOW SENDING CHILDREN TO BOMB FOR THEM.

DULLARD DOES NOT WANT TO SUPPORT THE NIGER DELTA GUYS WHO REFUSED VIOLENCE TO GO TO SCHOOL!
WHO SAID DULLARD & APC ARE NOT WORKING
[/size] [size=36pt] ?[/size]

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Aitee1: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
This one na Gobe for the mallam cheesy
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by DONSMITH123(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
BEGGERS STRIKE

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Begging is now a career in the North...There should be Northern Almajiri Beggars Union...bunch of lazy cows!!!

27 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by CharlieMaria(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
K
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Sheenor: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
mumu people lasan......mtcheeeeeew

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by joelegacy(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
grin
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by KingKuntaVart: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
if wishes where horses beggars would ride....

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Obaiyski(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hmm.. Where them see moral gather
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by NoRetreat(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pride in nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by tolexy007(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
grin naija home of wonders, even beggers dey form strong head..........Beggers dey threaten Gov, Oro buruku toun terin

11 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by mytime24(f): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hmm

Beggars wit choice

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by aspirebig: 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Really, begging as a career....you go fear naa.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by UnknownT: 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
you guys and rufai are silly. See ur mouth, some of us have upto 4 wives, wetin u dey work u dey marry 4 wives

18 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by thefakestan: 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
With what please?

Hammer and Chisel?

Next please!

ThefakeStan
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
They both share same belief

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by seeker121(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
hmnnn beggars don get mouth for Kaduna.
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Frank3n2(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Governor VS Beggers.... Let the games begin cool

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Johnnoo(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hmmmmm...this is hallucination
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Firefire(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
don't try those beggars oh..... they are good at concealing bombs. grin grin grin grin

NO!

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Vicadonis(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lolz... El-rufai go take una one hand do peppersoup
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by KingKuntaVart: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:

what meaningful thing have u done today aside drag space on nairaland... with d way u are going u would soon be begging for MB on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Vivalavida99(f): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
cheesy
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by ijbeauty(f): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
#Technically biting the finger that fed him#....

Beggers with 3-4 wives?? Were the women forced on them? Really funny.

Well, sincerely Oga El rufai would have provided them with some basic needs or empower them. Not just denying them their only means of livelihood...

I pray he reconsiders his decision

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by kenconsult: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
Beggars with wishes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Senatorial Bye Election: Gbadamosi Alleges Attempted Assassination / Adamawa Bans Sale Of Live Cattle, Resolves To Selling Only Processed Beef / Amina Muhammad Is Officially UN Deputy Secretary-general

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.