Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees (219198 Views)

Private Universities In Nigeria And Their Current Tuition Fees / See Graphical Representation Of Private Universities In Nigeria (pic) / Jamb:Posting Of Candidates To Their School Of Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Pronmix(m): 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
The truth is any private institution with the aim of making profits surely would be more expensive than a government owned one because government subsidies its own but the private gets the whole money needed to run it from the students, the fees are exorbitant quite right but... besides everybody screaming these schools are owned by churches should calm down not all of them are, and the ones that claim they're better than private uni breeds, REALLY?! Don't, don't think so. With the way admissions are handled in this country, my opinion is if you can afford it why not

1 Like

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by BraniacX(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
naijaclinic:
Fed govt try for subsidizing University education. See me doing medicine and paying 13k as fees per year. Wtf shocked shocked shocked

Yet many uni educated fools go come here dey shout government has done nothing, make my friends graduate make them privatise all federal universities sef! cool abi no be fashola talk say tertiary education isn't for everybody?
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by ovikky(f): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
I tot am d only 1 dat noticed it. Igbinideon, Salem, Benson Idahosa ar nt der too
Mrbigman1:
So Madonna na public university?
Caritas too and d rest.
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by icewinz(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Why not? AUN is owned by one of nigeria's all time great thief Alhaji Atiku abubakar.(fmr VP)...he spent BILLIONS building that school. AUN Board of trustees include-mike adenuga,bamanga tukur,aliko dangote etc. Even thoes noble names deserve the fee to be high! D pee is just that the schoool is in the north if it where in somewhere like lagos or abuja?hah d school name for d everyday on front page self..but i know atiku kept it in yola for a reason his own mother state....to reduce un-employment and it did work wella- God bless that thief.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by swagifted(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
icewinz:
Why not? AUN is owned by one of nigeria's all time great thief Alhaji Atiku abubakar.(fmr VP)...he spent BILLIONS building that school. AUN Board of trustees include-mike adenuga,bamanga tukur,aliko dangote etc. Even thoes noble names deserve the fee to be high! D pee is just that the schoool is in the north if it where in somewhere like lagos or abuja?hah d school name for d everyday on front page self..but i know atiku kept it in yola for a reason his own mother state....to reduce un-employment and it did work wella- God bless that thief.
similar thing chimaroke did in enugu state when he was the governor...brought renaissance uni(his private uni)...to his village...dragged EsUT from enugu to agbani (his village)...mea mater secondary ( sec school wey de charge almost 500K a term) to his village ...ahhh...not forgetting nigeria Law school agbani...all this things develop agbani to an extent by force ...make politicians wey de thief money go sink am for dia villa...it will help reduce unemployment ...having a house in dubai is only a liability...driving a rolls royce is also a liability... Robin hoods!

1 Like

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by efyguy(m): 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
private university of Otuoke,AkA federal school fee a 130 000 for fresher and 70 000 for returnig students..yet No Accreditation,No Light in the School and Hostels for the past 2 month; the VC and Registrar enjoying Inflated Salaries...Help!

1 Like

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
justirich:

Madonna University, Okija
http://www.madonnauniversity.edu.ng/

Medicine 500,000,
Law 350,000
Accountancy 300,000
Social sciences 280,000
Psychology, Philosophy and theology 200,000.

My Alma mata! cheesy
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by BraniacX(m): 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Sylverbox:
Wow! I am grateful to God for the cheap Fed university education I got. I can bet the total money spent all through my stay in medical school was not up to N1m(books and feeding inclusive). Yet I am better than many of their best in d real world. Baba God I thank you ooooo!

Also be greatfull to the FG now that you've realised that government actually did something for you.
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by NobleG1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
They're all crappy "universities" none of them is recognized abroad because of the illiterate "graduates" they chunk out each year.
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by undisputedgbola(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
medoyin:

Yes
Wah Dept?
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Sylverbox(m): 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
BraniacX:

Also be greatfull to the FG now that you've realised that government actually did something for you.
yes O°˚° my brother, I have never failed to acknolgedge the Govt for their contribution. I know it was more of a personal effort but at least they gave me a platform.
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by BraniacX(m): 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Sylverbox:
yes O°˚° my brother, I have never failed to acknolgedge the Govt for their contribution. I know it was more of a personal effort but at least they gave me a platform.

Unfortunately, many graduates of government universities when asked say and reiterate over and over again that government has done nothing for them. They don't know how good they had it

1 Like

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
ovikky:
I tot am d only 1 dat noticed it. Igbinideon, Salem, Benson Idahosa ar nt der too
check the 1st page again
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
BraniacX:

Unfortunately, many graduates of government universities when asked say and reiterate over and over again that government has done nothing for them. They don't know how good they had it
Yeah you are correct but that is the job of government. They are elected to provide services for the citizenry. Subsidizing cost of education is one of them.

1 Like

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
ihedioramma:
is it for the years you will school there or what? let me understand?.
The fees are per session. Not for all the years spent
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by BraniacX(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
justirich:

Yeah you are correct but that is the job of government. They are elected to provide services for the citizenry. Subsidizing cost of education is one of them.

Go and tell that to the american or british governments that it is their job to provide subsidised education to their citizens. In the west, tertiary education is for those who can afford it and those lucky enough to get one form of scholarship or another
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by zik4ever: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
People, let me make a contribution here. First I graduated from a federal government owned university (first generation) but then I think the standard of tuition and scholarship was higher than it is now -less 'sorting' of lecturers etc. There are still good public universities but I must tell you that some of these private universities are coming of age. For instance I don’t worship at Living Faith (Winners) but from the industry where I work (recruitment is very competitive), Covenant University is making a very strong showing. In fact, in the last 2-3 years, they have been displacing the likes of UI, FUTO in recruitment for the management sciences, arts, and social sciences. One of our recruiters was so shocked at the trend that he had to remark "there must be something they are doing there". I have colleagues whose children are there and I have interacted personally with a few of their graduates in the workplace -they hold their heads high and deliver! Now, I say all these not to advertise the school but to say, not all these private schools may be called "glorified secondary schools" anymore. I've heard good words about Babcock and even Afe Babalola (Law Faculty) and Landmark etc. I agree that the fees are relatively high of course but they have to pay their bills (staff salary etc) if they can build on the standards, it will help reduce capital flight abroad and even to nearby Ghana. Of course, they will be graduates from these schools that also don’t measure up. I am only cautioning us not to be too dismissive, things are changing in the real world -recruiters put you in problem solving and critical thinking situations during interviews and those who are mentored to "think out of the box" typically come up tops. If you can’t afford these private schools, by all means even if you are in an uknown university where strikes are frequent or what may be called a "mushroom" school, please develop yourself; read hard and wide... you can still make it. It takes more than having a certificate or the name of your school or how high or low your school fees is. God bless you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by ihedioramma: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
justirich:

The fees are per session. Not for all the years spent
dont be angry, is it the money to pay befor you enter or school fees?. like how much can some one keep for all the year?. per session is it one level?
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
BraniacX:

Go and tell that to the american or british governments that it is their job to provide subsidised education to their citizens. In the west, tertiary education is for those who can afford it and those lucky enough to get one form of scholarship or another
The West is not the only standard of education in the world. Research on other continents even other European universities
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
ihedioramma:
dont be angry, is it the money to pay befor you enter or school fees?. like how much can some one keep for all the year?. per session is it one level?
Different schools with their fees breakdown. Most on the list is for school fees per session. Monies for forms or acceptance fees or accommodation are paid separately. Per session is same as one level
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by BraniacX(m): 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
justirich:

The West is not the only standard of education in the world. Research on other continents even other European universities
That's why i chose to speak only of those i know about
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by tpiadotcom: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
justirich:

Europe is also the west.

1 Like

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Europe is also the west.
I know. I was trying to talk more on UK and US. thanks
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by ihedioramma: 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
justirich:

Different schools with their fees breakdown. Most on the list is for school fees per session. Monies for forms or acceptance fees or accommodation are paid separately. Per session is same as one level
ok thanks but what can it cost me to bring up my child in all the years there? example of three schools?
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
ihedioramma:
ok thanks but what can it cost me to bring up my child in all the years there? example of three schools?
You can visit the school website of any you prefer and make enquiries. All the websites for each school are there.
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by ihedioramma: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
justirich:

You can visit the school website of any you prefer and make enquiries. All the websites for each school are there.
MADONA OKIJA IS NOT THERE HELP
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
ihedioramma:
MADONA OKIJA IS NOT THERE HELP
check down the first page. confirm the fees on the official website
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by YemyTemmy: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
Will rather study abroad than go through these glorified secondary schools, BTW schools like FUTO,FUTA,FUTminna, Unilag, OAU, UniBen will give u much more value for every kobo and time spent..... Yeye dey smell
Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by Jhonnyboy(m): 1:17am On Jul 30, 2015
Just note that covenant University fee is upwards of 600k

1 Like

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by kawkab: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2015
zik4ever:
People, let me make a contribution here. First I graduated from a federal government owned university (first generation) but then I think the standard of tuition and scholarship was higher than it is now -less 'sorting' of lecturers etc. There are still good public universities but I must tell you that some of these private universities are coming of age. For instance I don’t worship at Living Faith (Winners) but from the industry where I work (recruitment is very competitive), Covenant University is making a very strong showing. In fact, in the last 2-3 years, they have been displacing the likes of UI, FUTO in recruitment for the management sciences, arts, and social sciences. One of our recruiters was so shocked at the trend that he had to remark "there must be something they are doing there". I have colleagues whose children are there and I have interacted personally with a few of their graduates in the workplace -they hold their heads high and deliver! Now, I say all these not to advertise the school but to say, not all these private schools may be called "glorified secondary schools" anymore. I've heard good words about Babcock and even Afe Babalola (Law Faculty) and Landmark etc. I agree that the fees are relatively high of course but they have to pay their bills (staff salary etc) if they can build on the standards, it will help reduce capital flight abroad and even to nearby Ghana. Of course, they will be graduates from these schools that also don’t measure up. I am only cautioning us not to be too dismissive, things are changing in the real world -recruiters put you in problem solving and critical thinking situations during interviews and those who are mentored to "think out of the box" typically come up tops. If you can’t afford these private schools, by all means even if you are in an uknown university where strikes are frequent or what may be called a "mushroom" school, please develop yourself; read hard and wide... you can still make it. It takes more than having a certificate or the name of your school or how high or low your school fees is. God bless you.

your response is most objective. thank you.

1 Like

Re: List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees by medoyin(m): 9:32am On Jul 30, 2015
undisputedgbola:
Wah Dept?
@toyin, I catch you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions / Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.