Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,074 members, 7,828,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Arranged Marriages - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Arranged Marriages (3107 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / My Wife Arranged Armed Robbers To Rob And Kill Me... Husband Tells Court / Arranged Marriages Were Better Than Modern Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arranged Marriages by osisi2(f): 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2009
will you like an arranged marriage? many of us marry through arrangement and it works most of the time thn the one you meet by yourself that you claim to be in love with. why?.

Please speak for your self and your fellow cattle rearers with 9 year old wives in northern Nigeria.
We southerners don't belong in the same locomotive as you folks.
Re: Arranged Marriages by osisi2(f): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2009
JustGood:

Although I didn't end up in one, I dont really see anything wrong in it as long as both parties dont mind.

I dont like people who castigate what others do in the belief that whatever is practiced in the west has to be God's will for mankind. How wrong!

I have seen lots of Asian arranged marriages that are like heaven-made marriages.
Each to his/her own

shocked shocked shocked shocked

You haven't seen enough.
Many of them are loveless robotic marriages where the choice of the people involved meant nothing
Imagine meeting your husband as a veil is being torn down on the wedding day.
God forbid.
arranged marriages are barbaric
The guests and the matchmaking aunties go home at the end of the day and the poor bride is stuck with Abdullahi,his body odor and his 14 fingers grin
Re: Arranged Marriages by biina: 4:40am On Mar 25, 2009
**osisi:

Please speak for your self and your fellow cattle rearers with 9 year old wives in northern Nigeria.
We southerners don't belong in the same locomotive as you folks.
**osisi:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

You haven't seen enough.
Many of them are loveless robotic marriages where the choice of the people involved meant nothing
Imagine meeting your husband as a veil is being torn down on the wedding day.
God forbid.
arranged marriages are barbaric
The guests and the matchmaking aunties go home at the end of the day and the poor bride is stuck with Abdullahi,his body odor and his 14 fingers grin
Softly softly with the northern pitch.

Even till today, arranged marriages are performed in one form or another in every part of the world. There is nothing barbaric about it. The fact that you don't approve of it, doesn't classify those who do as being uncivilized.

I know of couples, both african and foreign, well educated and enlightened, who are in arranged (or quasi-arrangee) marriages. While one never know the true details of a marriage, outward appearance hints towards them making a success of it.

The fact that the individuals had (or did not have) a choice in choosing their partners has little bearing on them choosing the right spouse. Afterall, the issue involves humans - people make mistakes and people change.
Re: Arranged Marriages by uzwu: 11:36am On Mar 25, 2009
@ osis. pls take it cool on our hausa folks.

Arranged marriages are not only found among the hausa folks it is even done by the southerners too.

Remember too that some unarranged marriage are not that rosy. Who will dare come out to say his/her mother's soup is bad
Re: Arranged Marriages by JustGood(m): 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2009
@osisi,

I have seen a lot of arranged marriages and a lot of unarranged marriages.

There are more unarranged marriages ending up in divorce and bitterness than there are for arranged marriages.

How do you know that anyone is unhappy and that their marriages are loveless and robotic? Do you equate your own standard of love with everyone else's? The fact that some people dont express themselves in the same manner you do does not make them less happy.

Please stop thinking with this kind of "American always right" mentality.
Re: Arranged Marriages by ikeyman00(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2009
research in uk shows 70% arranged-m stand while unarrange hmmm love and so called romance na yawa!
Re: Arranged Marriages by mikolo80: 8:48am On Mar 12, 2016
Gabry:
Pele oo but Im not a star wars fan. . .

I use to watch star wars when I was very very young like in primary school and I remembered watching it like all the time but the problem is that I dont remember what was it about. . . The only thing I ever remembered is the princess with the two doughnuts stuck at the sides of her head and that green alien which look like a sunkiss raisin. . .
Oh. . . And that anotha alien with the giraffe slash donkey face with a penguin mouth and the guy with the egg head. embarassed
very funny. attacking someone who took time to answer question

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria / For Sale / Misbehaving Husband Wants His Wife Back; Wife Is Almost Married To Someone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.