Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Arranged Marriages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Arranged Marriages (3106 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / My Wife Arranged Armed Robbers To Rob And Kill Me... Husband Tells Court / Arranged Marriages Were Better Than Modern Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arranged Marriages by Lamidiobi1: 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2009
will you like an arranged marriage? many of us marry through arrangement and it works most of the time thn the one you meet by yourself that you claim to be in love with. why?.
Re: Arranged Marriages by MrCrackles(m): 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2009
Topic

God forbid!
Re: Arranged Marriages by patwhizkid(f): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2009
Arranged marriages?
Tufiakwa!!!
Re: Arranged Marriages by bigbumper(f): 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
I believe it can work as long as there is some level respect and compatibility.
Re: Arranged Marriages by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
Luckily I am in the position to say NO WAY. I just feel for those who are in such situations and have no choice.
Re: Arranged Marriages by Lamidiobi1: 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2009
Arranged marriages work better than the ones you walk around to seek for a wife. It is also advantageous because you wont know those men that foked your wife before.
Re: Arranged Marriages by Czarskit(m): 12:56am On Mar 17, 2009
Really? Meeeeen. . . Before I yarn I suggest that you just hear or rather read wat u posted yourself. . . *Hiss* embarassed
Re: Arranged Marriages by Winnergal(f): 1:00am On Mar 17, 2009
Please ! ! ! I am begging you folks . . .

Don't ever agree to arranged love affairs talkless of marriages . . . Please
Re: Arranged Marriages by Lamidiobi1: 5:47am On Mar 17, 2009
almost all the marriage in nigeria are arranged. your parents na arrangie. why una dey behave like its foreign? arrangement marrage is the best form of marriage. beware of women you pick on the streets because you may end up marrying a retired harlot.
Re: Arranged Marriages by C2H5OH(f): 5:54am On Mar 17, 2009
Different strokes for different folks. Whatever works for you baby.
Re: Arranged Marriages by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 17, 2009
Dude u too ignorant.fyi because a girl doesn't cheat doesn't mean she wouldn't sleep around during marriage.people change we humans are variables in an equation.also most sluts/players(girl) tend to get thier head straight in marriage.arranged marriage dude that's a disguised form of slavery
Re: Arranged Marriages by Gabry(f): 6:05am On Mar 17, 2009
the reasons why arrange marriage are always workable (cause the number of divorce cases and seperation is very very low) compared to those free will love where the rate of break ups is very high these days it because its the choice of the parents/ elders its because of the following. Whenever the elders wanted to choose a partner for their son/daughter, they would usually choose a person from the following criteria:-

1) Near location : so that both parents can watch over their son/daughter
2) Both sides of the elders have to be in good terms (usually they would choose someone they are befriends with for a very long time0
3) Financially stable

Yeap. Can be either of those criteria. . . . So both man and woman whether they love each other or not, they have to behave well. . . sad

My grandmother had gone through an arrange marriage and thats what happen.
Re: Arranged Marriages by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 17, 2009
I'd rather die than go thru arranged marriage.if they arrange marriage for me i use the Force Grip on my family.
Re: Arranged Marriages by Gabry(f): 6:14am On Mar 17, 2009
Whats a force grip?
Re: Arranged Marriages by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 17, 2009
Omg that's a cardinal sin u committed.but forgiven it's a move in star wars where they choke ur neck but not physically with the force.Darth's Vader infamous Force Grip.
Re: Arranged Marriages by Gabry(f): 7:16am On Mar 17, 2009
Pele oo but Im not a star wars fan. . .

I use to watch star wars when I was very very young like in primary school and I remembered watching it like all the time but the problem is that I dont remember what was it about. . . The only thing I ever remembered is the princess with the two doughnuts stuck at the sides of her head and that green alien which look like a sunkiss raisin. . .
Oh. . . And that anotha alien with the giraffe slash donkey face with a penguin mouth and the guy with the egg head. embarassed
Re: Arranged Marriages by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 17, 2009
Oh you kept saying donut chic head chic.that's princess leia .this is the force grip and that's vader in the link below.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/9a/Vaderchoke.jpg
Let's change subject cuz i'll bore you with it.
Re: Arranged Marriages by tpia: 8:10am On Mar 17, 2009
Re: Arranged Marriages by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 17, 2009
Except the poster means arranged meeting then the union then leads to marriage it's a different ball game
Re: Arranged Marriages by Gabry(f): 8:46am On Mar 17, 2009
pc guru:

Oh you kept saying donut chic head chic.that's princess leia .this is the force grip and that's vader in the link below.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/9a/Vaderchoke.jpg
Let's change subject cuz i'll bore you with it.

I have never been bored with you no matter what dearie smiley
Re: Arranged Marriages by dae(f): 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2009
will you like an arranged marriage? many of us marry through arrangement and it works most of the time thn the one you meet by yourself that you claim to be in love with. why?.
====================================================================================
Many of US ---- REALLY?

And it works MOST of the time ---- REALLY?
Re: Arranged Marriages by AloyEmeka9: 1:31am On Mar 18, 2009
I doubt an arranged marriage would work for me but it does work well for some others. It all depends on personality.
Any one can do at this stage, just find a man and marry. Whether na arranged or hook up or fairy tale wedding, just find yourself a damn man that can give you occasional orgasm so we can rest up in here.
Re: Arranged Marriages by oluwafemi113(m): 5:27am On Mar 18, 2009
it we never happen
Re: Arranged Marriages by oluwdashmi(f): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2009
God forbid!! Match making is not my portion.
Re: Arranged Marriages by iReport: 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2009
only boys like sauron and pataki will love arranged marriage because their game ain't tight. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arranged Marriages by benedictac(f): 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2009
It sometimes work for some people. It worked for my brother they've been married for more a while now and there hasnt been any problem and i pray there wont.
Re: Arranged Marriages by biina: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2009
I think arranged marriages are often more successful b'cos both parties come in with low expectations, and thus put in substantial efforts to make the best of a would be bad situation.

On the hand, in 'self chosen' marriages, focus is on the selection (pre-marriage) process, and less effort is input into the marriage itself, likely because they feel they have found the right partner and everything else should work itself out from here onwards. At the first sign of trouble, they usually question their selection, instead of seeing it as an inevitable bump that should be overcome.

Irrespective of the way you meet your spouse, a marriage, like all things in life, is subject to a fall, and requires effort to be successful.

1 Like

Re: Arranged Marriages by uzwu: 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2009
Marriage whether arranged or the other requires effort of both parties to make it work. But i will advise you marry the person you are familiar with
Re: Arranged Marriages by Sissy3(f): 5:01am On Mar 24, 2009
i don't think i would last in an arranged marriage, i'm not just the type
Re: Arranged Marriages by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 24, 2009
Arranged marriage's aren't my thing, so the answer's NO.
Re: Arranged Marriages by JustGood(m): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2009
Although I didn't end up in one, I dont really see anything wrong in it as long as both parties dont mind.

I dont like people who castigate what others do in the belief that whatever is practiced in the west has to be God's will for mankind. How wrong!

I have seen lots of Asian arranged marriages that are like heaven-made marriages.

Each to his/her own
Re: Arranged Marriages by iReport: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2009
Although I didn't end up in one, I dont really see anything wrong in it as long as both parties dont mind.

I dont like people who castigate what others do in the belief that whatever is practiced in the west has to be God's will for mankind. How wrong!

I have seen lots of Asian arranged marriages that are like heaven-made marriages.

Each to his/her own
How do you know they are heaven like marriages?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Turn Your Spouse Intimacy Offer Down? / What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life / She cheated on her husband with another man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.