Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House - NYSC (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House (3387729 Views)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (2535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 7:02am On Dec 03, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

TheChiefPriest.

Your attention is needed in Kogi State.

VP Armynu will give you further directives
Pls pls pls we don't need to do that if we don't want a total breakdown of law and order as there are other priests, Babalawos, and Bokayes whom we don't know and have access to in the grassroot because we are at the top echelon of leadership but He alone has access to them through their various meetings and gathering
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:09am On Dec 03, 2015
dominion92:
My darling Armynu, I'm so sorry I left you. I had an urgent invitation

You know I love you so much. I'm back now

Welcme bck her royal sweetness. Apologies accepted but not happy u dint inform me before hand. I was so worried and pointed accusing fingers towards dtobs n amodu (letter of apology will be sent to them thru the minister of information/AGF kbs468).
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:11am On Dec 03, 2015
amodu:

I am glad you're aware of the summon. So I hope you're as well aware that I seeked permission to enter her office which wasn't granted till I left.

Accusing us will do no good in finding her. "Nkan ti o ba de ba oju o de ba imu". Whatever that happens to you, happens to us all. An injury to one is an injury to all.

A word should be enough for a wise

Advice heeded, the storm is over now.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:17am On Dec 03, 2015
Kbs468:

Pls pls pls we don't need to do that if we don't want a total breakdown of law and order as there are other priests, Babalawos, and Bokayes whom we don't know and have access to in the grassroot because we are at the top echelon of leadership but He alone has access to them through their various meetings and gathering

For now he remains barring we don't get to hear anymore catastrophic news from him..
Cc:
Greatestman
Kuchikau
Dchiefpriest
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by arcnomec(m): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2015
Good morning to all PCM's.........

For those of you who wish to serve in my state (Rivers state) to be precise,I will do a rundown of the state for you,local government by local government........ so stay tuned.

12 more days to my day.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2015
DexxyAlebs:
Bolade Alebiosu
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State
November 2015 (senate to sit on results anytime soon, we are seriously praying for senate)
Computer Science
Abuja, Rivers, Lagos

You welcome. Wishing it favours you guys. You dint mention d 3 states u'd wish to serve.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 7:21am On Dec 03, 2015
>Yudeeaikay Good morning and that was a good one from you yesterday about AKS
l also do believe that Uniqueness01 will surely come up here in Her unique way and unique style of comments by giving us a brief description of her experience particularly about allawee and camping issues before We start online registration after Christmas and New Year celebration
>Shuaibbs, Harbioollah and DTOBS, those were a very good one from you all about Bauchi,Ogun and Osun States respectively
>arnomec, anticipating another trail blazer from you on Rivers State and I hope you are doing finishing touches on your birthday party with your InvisibleGirl already
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:21am On Dec 03, 2015
DexxyAlebs:
Bolade Alebiosu
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State
November 2015 (senate to sit on results anytime soon, we are seriously praying for senate)
Computer Science
Abuja, Rivers, Lagos

You welcome. Wishing it favours you guys. You dint mention d 3 states u'd wish to serve. My bad, just saw d 3 states.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by IghravweIG(m): 7:28am On Dec 03, 2015
Harbioollah:

I schooled in Ogun, the capital, Abeokuta precisely. It is surrounded by Oyo, Lagos, Osun and Ondo. And it has a close proximity with Lagos and Ibadan.

They pay 5k monthly. But i think it's paid once at the end of service (60k). Ogun is fairly cheap and peaceful.

Transportation is easy and cheap. In abeokuta, they use green cabs/taxis which are many on the road and you can get fares from as low as N20. There are fairly good roads as there has been a massive construction of roads under the SIA government.
Accommodation is cheap, you can get self contained apartments from as low as 50 in Abeokuta . Electricity is improving in Ogun state but i have some mixed feelings about water. Depends on location also.

In Conclusion, Ogun is a nice state to stay. Just that somehow i miss the busy and noisy life of Lagos. But once you are there, do not forget to visit Olumo rock. You will learn about the history of the egbas and how they have been able to survive the many wars.

Btw, Are you from the Southeast or South South? Because security wise, that will be the only logical reason for choosing Enugu which is among the states riddled by the Biafran Protest. And with the way things are going now, i fear what may happen in the future. #My two cents.

Enugu was my second choice too. But that was before. The Southeast is out now for me. I'm still undecided about who to take in the North Central Region.
With these Pro-Biafra protests, We may not be sure of what may happen. I too, am skeptical about the south east region.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:30am On Dec 03, 2015
Yudeeaikay:
Good evening Fam...hope your day went well...

About Akwa Ibom State
Name of Governor: Emmanuel, Udom Gabriel
No of LGA: 31.
Akwa Ibom state is one of the state in the south south region of Nigeria. Created in 23rd September, 1987 the state has witness a lot of ups and down in its development. Mostly ups though..

Standard of Living: The standard of living of the state, I will say is medium. Houses are not too costly neither are they too cheap. Basic daily need items are available at a relative price. Price of food items are cheap as well.You can find a standard self contain apartment within the range of + or - #150k, in Uyo town. I don't know much about outskirts of Uyo

Economic Situation: Presently,the economic situation of the state is fairly Ok though government has not paid it's staff for some months now.

Social Status: The social status of the state is getting brighter year in year out.This is so because of the influx of people to the state recently. There are couple of clubs around the state and the night life is trying to pick up though it's still not so excellent. Also,radio stations like planet FM, Atlantic FM are available

Civilization: most cities in akwa ibom are civilized. From Uyo to Eket to Abak to Ikot Ekpene and some other major towns are civilized. Not everywhere is.

Electricity: It depends on the part where you stay in Uyo, there is constant light in some areas n then poor lighting in some other areas. I don't know what is the cause of that disparity.

Water supply: It is constant. In addition almost all houses can boast of borehole in their house.

Finally, to all PCM planning to come to Akwa Ibom for your service year, my source said that the state pays 10k except you are lucky to be posted to FIRS where you could be paid between 25-30k and some private firms too pay within that range, then you should also pray hard that you are not posted to local government councils cause sometimes they could pay as low as 5k in fact they pay just anything they feel like paying...I was told sha... But the least you can get is 10k except in the local government councils.
Transportation: It's quite affordable and Ok generally except during this fuel hiking period

Thank you all for your time to read this insight about Akwa Ibom State.
Yudeeaikay (Uyo).

Sorry this came in now was trying to make some findings so I don't give wrong info
DTOBS

I will suggest that we all do this for all PCMs in the house to have full knowledge of your state

Thanks for painstakingly getting this info across to everyone in the house. We appreciate. It kinda gave me an option if I eventually make up my mind choosing the 3rd state.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by IghravweIG(m): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2015
Kbs468:

Good morning.
Well Tentatively Feb/mar were the words used by NYSC so the ominous now lies with you to reversed by clearing yourself from any of your skul's mobilization quagmire
Honorable, Kbs468, abeg na weti u study for skul sef, all dis ur grammar na die o
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:35am On Dec 03, 2015
Harbioollah:

I schooled in Ogun, the capital, Abeokuta precisely. It is surrounded by Oyo, Lagos, Osun and Ondo. And it has a close proximity with Lagos and Ibadan.

They pay 5k monthly. But i think it's paid once at the end of service (60k). Ogun is fairly cheap and peaceful.

Transportation is easy and cheap. In abeokuta, they use green cabs/taxis which are many on the road and you can get fares from as low as N20. There are fairly good roads as there has been a massive construction of roads under the SIA government.
Accommodation is cheap, you can get self contained apartments from as low as 50 in Abeokuta . Electricity is improving in Ogun state but i have some mixed feelings about water. Depends on location also.

In Conclusion, Ogun is a nice state to stay. Just that somehow i miss the busy and noisy life of Lagos. But once you are there, do not forget to visit Olumo rock. You will learn about the history of the egbas and how they have been able to survive the many wars.

Btw, Are you from the Southeast or South South? Because security wise, that will be the only logical reason for choosing Enugu which is among the states riddled by the Biafran Protest. And with the way things are going now, i fear what may happen in the future. #My two cents.

Enugu was my second choice too. But that was before. The Southeast is out now for me. I'm still undecided about who to take in the North Central Region.

Thanks for the information mate... "The Southeast is out now for me." I just hope parity is restored very soon... #bless
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:38am On Dec 03, 2015
shuaibbs:
Bauchi State, the pearl of tourism, home of peace and hospitality!
Governor : Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar Esq

Well this is for those that are thinking of coming to Bauchi State.

Created in 1976 Bauchi State with a land mass more than half the entire south west and almost twice the south east, is one of the 6 states of the north east (Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe, Bauchi). It is significant to note that the state is very peaceful and insurgents free, despite its geographical location! It shares boundaries with Plateau, Gombe, Yobe, Taraba, Kaduna, and Kano states, because of this there is virtually no ethnic group you won't find in Bauchi!

Home to the Golden voice of Africa, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa the state has a number of higher institutions namely the Federal Polytechnic Bauchi, the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi (formerly Federal university of tech. Bauchi), college of education Azare, adult and non formal education kangere, the Bauchi State university with campuses at Gadau, Misau and Bauchi (the state capital) and the Abubakar Tatari Ali state Polytechnic. Any of which corps members can be posted to. Of course there are secondary and Primary schools too numerous to mention lol, spanning from zaki far north to bogoro at the extreme south!

Living costs are low, I mean as a student you can live on as low as 10k a month! Low cost of transport and food! A good self contained apartment may be obtained from 50k+ in the capital.

Not many manufacturing industries sadly but the few I know are working include steyr, where they assemble motorcycles and mini trucks, there is also the fertiliser company, an electrical wire factory, plus a few others I can't remember the names but definitely nothing close to what is obtainable in Kaduna, Ogun or Abia!

There is the yankari game reserve which has a very diverse and rich wildlife, not aware of clubs but am sure there are pubs here and there!

I will also confirm on the remuneration by the state govt but I don't think it's more than 5k.

If you want to meet new people, understand Nigeria better, behold the beauty of the northern damsel, love, laugh, learn the language, maybe even write a book about it lol, Bauchi is the place to be!

I was privileged to live in lagos for 3 months, and believe me it was a completely different world, from the bus conductor who shouts at you in yoruba for his money not knowing you have no idea what he is saying Lool.. to the passenger who stands up and preaches in the bus but then asks for offering lol... It was really nice!

So please before executing those plans of yours, get out of your comfort zone, explore new places, explore new people, new cultures, new languages, live a little! Explore Nigeria!

#Cheers

A nice piece from Bauchi.... Thanks
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Armynu(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2015
chisophia:

not really tired of home, just anxious

Its a matter of time, d wait will soon be over. May the Almighty keep us all till then and beyond.

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 7:42am On Dec 03, 2015
Armynu:

Its a matter of time, d wait will soon be over. May the Almighty keep us all till then and beyond.
Amin/Amen

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by IghravweIG(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2015
Kbs468:

Good morning.
Well Tentatively Feb/mar were the words used by NYSC so the ominous now lies with you to reverse by clearing yourself from any of your skul's mobilization quagmire
Honorable Kbs468, Abeg weti u study for skul, this ur grammar na die o.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2015
IghravweIG:
With these Pro-Biafra protests, We may not be sure of what may happen. I too, am skeptical about the south east region.
Honestly I was also thinking of Enugu too in the South East but Mennnn the protest for independence has turn bloody already as casualties have been recorded which is very unfortunate.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by bigjuniornaija(m): 7:56am On Dec 03, 2015
Name: Michael School: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Field of study: Geology Year of graduation: no be today abeg forget am Where to serve: ABUJA, Lagos or Enugu.
Add me to the whatsapp group 08034338879
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2015
IghravweIG:
Honorable Kbs468, Abeg weti u study for skul, this ur grammar na die o.
hahahahahaha nothing is life threatening there oo
By the way, I studied Mathematics/Education oo
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 8:16am On Dec 03, 2015
bigjuniornaija:
Name: Michael
School: Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Field of study: Geology
Year of graduation: no be today abeg forget am
Where to serve: ABUJA, Lagos or Enugu.

Add me to the whatsapp group
Good morning and welcome.
Well for now no whatsApp group and we don't encourage that for now till mobilization when we can limit conversation through that to states and local government of posting
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2015
Good Morning
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2015
InvisibleGirl:
Good Morning
Good morning dear and how was your night? Hope you slept well like a growing baby. I hope also that you have more mention bombardment any more.
I have greater day ahead
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by larrytorch(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2015
Osun, Abuja or Rivers

BTW, I'm new here
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jtchukwu: 8:36am On Dec 03, 2015
“Speak less than you know; have more than you show.” – William Shakespeare
Good morning.
Who is in charge of population matters and census?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Omolola1(f): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2015
I can now say officially, I'm at a crossroad on the 3 states to choose from when registration starts. I schooled in Lagos, so Lagos is automatically ruled out for me, my state of origin is Ogun state, which is also ruled out undecided
Don't even know which state to choose sef, Osun (not even certain yet), Abuja and (I'd have preferred Edo as a third option, but heard their camp is terrible grin

Oh goodness, could they just give me Lagos jejely
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jibs4lv(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]teamA16 coolteamA16

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2015
Barbwirepro:

You Can Contact Me Through My Phone Number.

Okay bro. Thanks!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2015
jibs4lv:
[color=#000099][/color]teamA16 coolteamA16

Na so! grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by omitooguns(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2015
OGUN STATE...Review wink

For those of u planning to serve in OGUN STATE, u r welcome....we 15B will welcome u.

Ogun has 20 LGA...the worse..no...the worst, according to me is, Abeokuta South, angry (pardon me LORD...i am grateful for ur grace on me)... They see corpers as rich folks...put on ur kahki and b ready to pay more.

No light, the place is up hill...meaning water is big P...unless ur borehole is deep...all thanks to Nccf... And they reject like tomorrow no dey...though i wasnt rejected wink

in abeokuta south...all merchant, sellers etc wont open until u've gone to work...so, if u no sabi cook...OYO u dey...wink and no N20 T-fare here o....except u won walk the remain distance ursef....infact commerce here is similar to Lagos...only that Lagos is more developed and sellers open even b4 u go to work...and while u r coming back, u stil meet dem.

The Govt of Ogun state pays N0.0k.. So, if dem post u go govt office/parastatals OYO u dey...and if dem send u go public sch...same wahala...anyways, we all are service corps na....d motto is service and humility wink grin...u may get accommodation for free sha...let's say 45% probability grin

Bt if dem send u go any private firm, ur salary and accommodation is 90% sure do maynt b much. wink

any oda place aside from abeokuta south is ok...eg e.g Lga closer to d border, Ijebu-water Side grin u'd be treated as kings and Queens... Bt X-: ...make una reach there first wink

then u av d villages e.g Owo, yewa south LGA...u'll b respected, cared for...bt hmmm u go here u r shut out of social life no browsing and calls = 40% chance...bt light dey steady for dos villages o shocked...infact abeokuta south wey b d state capital no fit stand dem.

Lastly, the camp is 5 star...so, make una no come comot one star there o wink...and u receive lectures in d stadium.

Ogun is state is ok..peaceful and a nice place b...bt to enjoy all these...na village or any oda place aside from abeokuta south u fit get am wink...

If na lie i lie...make d fellow serving corps members for Ogun state, abeokuta south, come talk am.

Ise Ya OMO OGUN ise ya..

Advice: anywhere u r posted "dont contend with ur creator"...dont work it...i am a testimony....

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 10:16am On Dec 03, 2015
omitooguns:
OGUN STATE...Review wink

For those of u planning to serve in OGUN STATE, u r welcome....we 15B will welcome u.

Ogun has 20 LGA...the worse..no...the worst, according to me is, Abeokuta South, angry (pardon me LORD...i am grateful for ur grace on me)... They see corpers as rich folks...put on ur kahki and b ready to pay more.

No light, the place is up hill...meaning water is big P...unless ur borehole is deep...all thanks to Nccf... And they reject like tomorrow no dey...though i wasnt reject wink

in abeokuta south...all merchant, sellers etc wont open until u've gone to work...so, if u no sabi cook...OYO u dey...wink and no N20 T-fare here o....except u won walk the remain distance ursef....infact commerce here is similar to Lagos...only that Lagos is more developed and sellers open even b4 u go to work...and while u r coming back, u stil meet dem.

The Govt of Ogun state pays N0.0k.. So, if dem post u go govt office/parastatals OYO u dey...and if dem send u go public sch...same wahala...anyways, we all are service corps na....d motto is service and humility wink grin...u may get accommodation for free sha...let's say 45% probability grin

Bt if dem send u go any private firm, ur salary and accommodation is 90% sure do maynt b much. wink

any oda place aside from abeokuta south is ok...eg e.g Lga closer to d border, Ijebu-water Side grin u'd be treated as kings and Queens... Bt X-: ...make una reach there first wink

then u av d villages e.g Owo, yewa south LGA...u'll b respected, cared for...bt hmmm u go here u r shut out of social life no browsing and calls = 40% chance...bt light dey steady for dos villages o shocked...infact abeokuta south wey b d state capital no fit stand dem.

Lastly, the camp is 5 star...so, make una no come comot one star there o wink...and u receive lectures in d stadium.

Ogun is state is ok..peaceful and a nice place b...bt to enjoy all these...na village or any oda place aside from abeokuta south u fit get am wink...

If na lie i lie...make d fellow serving corps members for Ogun state, abeokuta south, come talk am.

Ise Ya OMO OGUN ise ya..

Advice: anywhere u r posted "dont contend with ur creator"...dont work it...i am a testimony....
Thanks alot Man. We were actually trying to give you guys the room and space to settle down first before bombarding you with stuffs about ur experiences since you all are our eyes and ears now since you are fresher than those before you, especially with the recent changes in registration pattern among other things. So once again thank you
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2015
Sent4rina:

Nice article bro. BTW, are you from the north?

Thanks...

Yup, I am.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by veraiyke(m): 11:07am On Dec 03, 2015
It is d school that sends out cleared students names to NYSC n I ve bn cleared
Kbs468:

Welcome Mister and Congratulation on your final classification, however, pls do click on the modify button and erase it ok.
About 'Any info for m?' it depends on what you are seeking clarification upon sir, so questions should be directed in that regard regard ok. Above all, I am sure you are in touch with the authorities in charge of mobilization in UNN as regard the present status of preparation pending when the NYSC TT will be out, if not kindly do so as the final outcome of such move shall be the result of tracing ones name on NYSC portal as being among the names approved by ones school senate

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (2535) (Reply)

Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.