Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House - NYSC (875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House (3381346 Views)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) ... (2535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by ayosco2008(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

you are talking abt olorunsogo power station abi, that place has been recommisioned and we've(as a resident) as far back as 2014
Good for you.. But in the generality.. Electricity still sucks in oyo state
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraih(f): 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello guys, I see we are having a good day reading about Osun and Oyo state. Well, I havent lived in any of those places and its not my State of choice, so I don't have much to say abou that. smiley

My question is about the white background passport photograph to be used during registration, I guess its going to be scanned, if it is, can I use a simliar passport that I have? Soft copy, its in JPEG format.
Fraiser, you remember the kind we used for Graduands passport update in FUTA.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
SC31:

You're actually the first person I'm hearing from that osun is bubbling, I've asked a lot of people both residents and corpses and they said osun state is dry,cheap yes
abi o
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by DTOBS(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Olami90:
Good afternoon... A16 pcms. I hope prep is on d top gear.
I wish everyone of u success in ur reg.
Get ur gmail account ready as we don't know wot nysc will com up wit dis year.

Kbs468, armynu(my right hand man) $ DTOBS.........weldon my paddies. I av missed u guys big tym. Just hope I am not late wink
av u seen ur names on nysc portal??
My brother,we missed you too!!!!
Nope you re not late at all
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by IghravweIG(m): 2:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
CROBBOY:

I would've love to know when and where this happens
Tommorrow sir.
Please check previous post to see the the time u should appear before the senate.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraiser(m): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
amodu:
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE SENATE PRESIDENT

TO

HONOURABLE MINISTERIAL NOMINEES

NOTIFICATION OF SCREENING

I am directed to notify and inform you all of your screening as a minister nominee. In conformity with the norm and law of the land, it is pertinent you undergo this screening so as to earn you a confirmation as a substantive minister of this great republic.

In consonance with the announcement made by the Deputy Senate President that screening will commence 48 hours after the resumption of plenary, I hereby bring to your notice that Friday 5th of February, 2016 is the set date for the screening.

The following nominees are hereby notified to appear at the floor of the Senate at the appropriated time to them:

Fraiser - Nominee, Minister of Sports and Youth Development - 10:30am

Shammak - Nominee, Minister of Jokes and Laughter - 12:00pm.

Dominion92 - Nominee, Minister of Trade and Investment - 1:30pm

MissOyin - Nominee, Minister of Special Duties and Pro Non African Relation - 3:00pm.

Moyenii - Nominee, Minister of Justice - 4:30pm

Seyibaale - Nominee, Minister of ICT - 5:30pm

Acquaint yourself with the format of the screening which will be in this form:

1. Each nominee will be screened at the affixed time above.

2. You will be notified two (2) hours before your appearance at the red chamber.

3. You should appear before the senate at exact time assigned to you and mention all the senators. Failure to do that is tantamount to being screened out.

4. You will furnish the Senate with your educational
background(with qualification as the case maybe).

5. Your manifesto delivered succinctly.

6. Stating of your past and present achievements.

7. Atleast 5 template of what you will do for the betterment of this Republic.

8. And must be ready to attend to all questions
presented by the senate.

Thanking you in anticipation for your cooperation.

Signed:
Distinguish Senator Amodu for the Deputy Senate President; Kuchikau.

cc:
Greatestman - Senate President
Kuchikau - Deputy Senate President
IghravwelG - Distinguish Senator
copy that sir. But with most due respect sir I would love to the third or fourth nominee sir. I would greatly appreciate a rearrangement sir
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by DTOBS(m): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abbie25:

Pardoned! smiley Am fine o, daddyies ke lolz
Thanks dearie!
En naw,daddy (ies) noni, Abi you re S&S nigrin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by SC31(f): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
ayosco2008:

I'm saying off key Cox we won't get posted to industries. So what's d essence
But at least you can get companies to hire you as your ppa or should you decide to state a career there
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
ayosco2008:

Good for you.. But in the generality.. Electricity still sucks in oyo state
that means you've not been to oyo, ogbomosho and saki. there electricity is mad (you can compare it with alabata in abeokuta if you know the place). most student in oyo town don't use stove. moreover if you stay around eleyele, sango you won't be saying ibadan electricity sucks
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by oluwafirefunmi(f): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
That's a lie. Its either those people don't go out, or they don't know places. I have been to over 5 clubs, even bars, hotels with swimming pools that are affordable, eateries. Yes, it lacks cinemas and big places like shop rite and the likes. But the little it has isn't doing bad.
SC31:

You're actually the first person I'm hearing from that osun is bubbling, I've asked a lot of people both residents and corpses and they said osun state is dry,cheap yes
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
Fraih:
Hello guys, I see we are having a good day reading about Osun and Oyo state. Well, I havent lived in any of those places and its not my State of choice, so I don't have much to say abou that. smiley

My question is about the white background passport photograph to be used during registration, I guess its going to be scanned, if it is, can I use a simliar passport that I have? Soft copy, its in JPEG format.
Fraiser, you remember the kind we used for Graduands passport update in FUTA.
as long as it is recent, it show your face, jaw, and ear. no p
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by SC31(f): 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
CROBBOY:

SC31 My BabyLove, how are you doing? I have really missed you.

There is no doubt that my attitude towards you my Love in recent times had significantly been nonchalant.

My love, I crave your indulgence to understand that my busy schedules of late is a function of what we have at stake as well as my pursuit for an appointment.

This I promise is gradually coming into fruition as I am at the verge of confirmation.

All I will solicit from you at this time is your undivided and undiluted support and cooperation as you stand to be my major source of daily inspiration.

Miss You Much Baby!
I miss you too baby

Dont worry I'll give you all the support you want kiss
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraiser(m): 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
Kbs468:

Good Thursday Morning greetings to you. Hope you had a memorable and splendid night rest
definitely bro, hw has been ya day
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by oluwafirefunmi(f): 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
I disagree with this. Yes Osun has villages, every state does. But the villages in Oyo state are not as good as some in Osun. The power supply and water is nothing to write home about. Even ifon Erin has better power supply.
Abbeyunique2:

i believe osun has villages too and not every1 would be posted to iwo, osogbo, ede, ife and ilesha. example of villages in osun are gbongan, ikirun, ile ogbo, ijebujesha, okuku, even dem ipetu ijesha, modakeke.
nb: i've been to almost everywhere in osun and i can say categorically that industry wise oyo is far better osun while ogun is better than oyo
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Olami90: 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
DTOBS:

My brother,we missed you too!!!!
Nope you re not late at all

Tnkz so much bro. Good to be around u all again.
Av u confirmed ur name on nysc portal and set for reg?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraih(f): 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

as long as it is recent, it show your face, jaw, and ear. no p
Oh Alright
Noted, Thanks
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by ayosco2008(m): 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
I hear someone say osun holds nothing over oyo state. U must be joking. Electricity alone makes osun above any other state. I can bodly say have experienced at least 22 hours of power supply in osogbo. So please give some credit to osun state
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by katerine7(f): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
u guys just helped me arrive at a conclusion. ...lagos (cancelled)....osun (here I come)
just can't wait to get out of lagos
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Abbeyunique2(m): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
oluwafirefunmi:
I disagree with this. Yes Osun has villages, every state does. But the villages in Oyo state are not as good as some in Osun. The power supply and water is nothing to write home about. Even ifon Erin has better power supply.
you staying ard oluyole estate/extension with little or no power/water supply doestn't me that every area in ibadan and environs are like that. i don't like the generalization
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by ayosco2008(m): 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

that means you've not been to oyo, ogbomosho and saki. there electricity is mad (you can compare it with alabata in abeokuta if you know the place). most student in oyo town don't use stove. moreover if you stay around eleyele, sango you won't be saying ibadan electricity sucks

No matter the kind electricity dem get for all does places ehn. You can't compare it to osun state. Do u even know y osun has d best electricity.. The base of electricity coming straight from kanji is in osogbo. U can't compare the power supply. Some areas might have poor power supply due to bad transormer or poor distribution
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by oluphy: 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2016
I love the "oyo and osun" debate. I schooled in Osun (OAU) and lived in Ibadan briefly. Here's my input, not much difference BTW dem, however, if u choose oyo and get Ibadan, it wld be a nice experience but if u don't get Ibadan, you go hear am. Osun Is cheaper n better electricity generally but not much post-nysc opportunities.
General advise: don't get ur hopes too high about a particular state or nysc itself, think of relevance to your plans (agriculture or professional exams or job hunting) in choosing a state. No state in Nigeria has Anytin perfect to offer. Work with your own plan.

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Abbeyunique2(m): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Fraih:
Oh Alright Noted, Thanks
you welcome
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by SC31(f): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

i believe osun has villages too and not every1 would be posted to iwo, osogbo, ede, ife and ilesha. example of villages in osun are gbongan, ikirun, ile ogbo, ijebujesha, okuku, even dem ipetu ijesha, modakeke.
nb: i've been to almost everywhere in osun and i can say categorically that industry wise oyo is far better osun while ogun is better than oyo
[b]
To me this is what people should be looking at mostly when comparing states
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
oluwafirefunmi:
Thank you o. Its like you read my mind.
But have you forgotten about the Requirement for posting to higher institutions as FIRST CLASS CLASSIFICATION? so many CMs would eventually get posted to those higher institutions he enlisted? In Osun state
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by oluphy: 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
katerine7:
u guys just helped me arrive at a conclusion. ...lagos (cancelled)....osun (here I come)
lol. Osun is good, not as bad as d media says
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by SC31(f): 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
oluphy:
I love the "oyo and osun" debate. I schooled in Osun (OAU) and lived in Ibadan briefly. Here's my input, not much difference BTW dem, however, if u choose oyo and get Ibadan, it wld be a nice experience but if u don't get Ibadan, you go hear am. Osun I cheaper n better electricity generally but[b] not much post-nysc opportunities[/b].
General advise: don't get ur hopes too high about a particular state or nysc itself, think of relevance to your plans (agriculture or professional exams or job hunting) in choosing a state. No state in Nigeria has Anytin perfect to offer. Work with your own plan.
Exactly my point
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraiser(m): 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
bhankyskillz:

i lived in Osun for good 8 years and surveyed the clime. so i know what am talking about. There's nothing developing there. Worker's are suffering. I met corpers who just couldn't wait to end their stay all because they made zero progress. My landlord had to reduce house rent just so some tenants could pay. Osun is more of a village than oyo. Oyo is ten times bigger than osun with better economic opportunities and more industry's to support. But then again every state has its villages and remote areas. But the best of ibadan is ten times better than the best of osogbo there's no argument there. I

I tink I agree wit u base on d experience of my guy who served in osun
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by oluwafirefunmi(f): 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
If I recall, that was the same way you generalised Osun state. Don't quote me wrong pls, I didn't say there isn't power/water supply here. I said it is expensive.

Abbeyunique2:

you staying ard oluyole estate/extension with little or no power/water supply doestn't me that every area in ibadan and environs are like that. i don't like the generalization
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by ayosco2008(m): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
SC31:
[/b][b]
To me this is what people should be looking at mostly when comparing states
Well I totally disagree with u... Industry in Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Why should it be on top of the list when considering states. This nysc program itself is not that great. First thing on anybody mind is on how to survive wherever u find yourself. My view dou
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by oluwafirefunmi(f): 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
I'm sorry, I don't understand this post
Kbs468:

But have you forgotten about the Requirement for posting to higher institutions as FIRST CLASS CLASSIFICATION? so many CMs would eventually get posted to those higher institutions he enlisted? In Osun state
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by ayosco2008(m): 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
Kbs468:

That requirement is long gone. The scheme does not follow it 100% percent again. I know 2 first class students. They r both in ministry
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Kbs468(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
katerine7:
Abi but your securing it is still subject to the remaining 2 states you picked anyway relative to your colleagues from same school picking it too and the school quota destined to the OSUN in question

(1) (2) (3) ... (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) ... (2535) (Reply)

Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.