Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers (28576 Views)

Fraudster Posing As TY Danjuma's Son Clinches Job At Ministry Of Niger Delta / Returnee Graduates Struggle As Employers Snub Foreign Degrees / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by Samakus(m): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Everyday, thousands (if not millions) of jobseekers fall into the hands of persons and 'companies' who post job vacancies that are not only fake but are meant to scam and defraud the unsuspecting job seeker. They come in multiple shades and forms but their ultimate goal remains to scam you into paying a registration fee to join a Multi level marketing franchise and pay for an initial supply of goods (mostly supplements and vitamin products).

So in most cases with these people jobseekers set out to attend a supposed job interview only to fall into a seminar trap where the brainwashing (aka Marketing) starts.

The Modus Operandi

While some of them may not be outright fraudsters (who take your money and disappear) they are still fraudulent in that they do not tell you the whole story until you are in. They may claim they want you to work as business development executives, client service officers, sales rep etc when in actuality they want you to join their downline in any of the various multilevel marketing schemes they operate (with a registration fee of course).

Another approach is to claim they will have to train you for a period of time to enable them transfer the skills you need to function as a sales/business development person. The snag here is that the trainng comes with various costs. They may charge anywhere between N10,000 – N30,000 for the training. It may be only after paying that you realise you are actually going to be part of a multilevel marketing scheme and will be required to purchase their first batch of supplements .

Multilevel marketing, on its own, is not a bad thing either. It is just the approach these guys use to falsely lure unsuspecting jobseekers into something they are quite not looking for and in the process fleecing them of their money.

The Chief Culprits

These people change names almost on a daily basis. Sometimes to keep track of each new metamorphosis, some job posting sites like ngcareers.com has created a blacklist page where career individuals can go to check for names of organisations whom they have found to be dubious in that ways.

How to Detect Them

Some of these organisations may put out what look like perfect job ads and are continously improving on their ability to deceive unsuspecting applicants. Still, there are basic things to look out for to enable you detect these fake organisations;

– When they ask for you to pay to take a test; Most likely they are scammers
– They ask you to pay registration fees or to attend a seminar: This is usually where you know an MLM outfit parading as a hiring organisation
– They refer you to someone to obtain something they may claim is important for your application

How Not to Fall Victim

The Golden Rule to Not Being Scammed by Dubious Job Offers remains; Never part with your money in exchange for a promise for a job. If you do not want to be deceived then be sure to observe the following;

1. Never be desperate for a Job

2. When it involves parting with your Money in Whatever Form Go Away. This way you never make a mistake of giving somebody huge sums of money only to realise they have made away with it.

Source:
http://blog.ngcareers.com/4384/what-you-need-to-know-about-gnldmulti-level-marketers-posing-as-employer-how-not-to-be-defrauded/

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by snadguy007(m): 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
With what i've gone through in the hands of these gnld people, its only in the second world that they will scam me again. And i want to use this medium to tell MED-PRO RESOURCES to stop bombarding me with job briefing/interview text messages again, enough is enough. undecided

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by belloahmad: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
nice compilation
Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by veekid(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
okie ..... seen
Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by Ojestas(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Those people??. . mtcheww.

1 Like

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by lonelydora: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thank God I don't meddle into any business called NETWORKING. No matter how they sweet-mouth me. I enjoy seeing my money working for me, and not depending on someone to uplift me.

I always tell people to run away from any job offer they demand money from you. Companies spend on job seekers and not the other way round. That's why you go for an interview in some multi-nationals, they pay your transport, give you tea and lunch, when yiu finally make it, they send you on training. They don't ask you for any form of money.

I am sure people will still fall for this even after reading this topic.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by bigerboy200: 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
God punish dem...useless people.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by olempe(m): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
GBAM!!!
Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by crispberry(f): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Okay
Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by activelyA(f): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
My experience in the hand of these people was not funny at all angry . The advert said its a multinational company seeking for skilled and unskilled labour. Skilled labour were to be paid 50,000 while unskilled were to be paid 30,000.
Very happily,I called the number on the advert and the guy said i should send my details and call him back.

On calling him, he gave me a venue and assured me that there would be an exam the next day that I should come with my writing materials.
I got there the next day ready. They gave me a paper to fill my details again and write the number on the poster. Na so them com start seminar/lectures oo. From 10am till 2pm embarassed cry I almost faint. They were just shouting and motivating...after many talk, they said many are called but few are chosen (I think say na time for aptitude test oo) . That is how we were asked to pay 12,100 and we will not be poor in our lives again by selling the product and networking ( that's bringing others)... I just hiss carry my hungry stomach commot.
I didn't know if I should be angry at them for decieving me ,or laugh at myself for falling for it cheesygrin
Nothing person no go experience for naija

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by cutepaul(m): 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
True
Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by admax(m): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
I keep receiving tons of messages from those scammers!

Anytime you receive a text message inviting you for an interview the next day at Ogunlana Drive Surulere, Esther Oshiyemi Str Ilupeju etc...It's a SCAM!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by WIZGUY69(m): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
You see them posting there salaries.
You see something like a : a reputable company that are into home skin care, cream etc.
ndi nzuzu

11 Likes

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by cooldude62(m): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
MLM is not bad after all, many of them are very useful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigerboy200:
God punish dem...useless people.

Looks like you had been swindled before.

4 Likes

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by lawsbanks: 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Some people will still fall for this shit even after reading it........
Wait o...... 5 yrs after graduation.... no job... Nd they shouldn't be desperate....... Tell that to yourself and listen to how it sounds...... I advise peeps to put sense into their intense desire for job. Thanks for the info op

2 Likes

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by kadunasouth(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
NICE one but KEDI heathcare makes difference

1 Like

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by Haywhymido(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
I knew sumthing is wrong with dose people

1 Like

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by wildchild1: 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Their mouth is very sweet,they will be calling Millions like its water grin
Thank God im not looking for sharp sharp money for its people looking for fast money that fall victims

In other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/1

1 Like

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by YUZARSIFs: 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tnks be to Allah am nt a victim, dey invite me for a seminar only to ask me for 5500 so as enable me been registered n den my first goods wil be giving to me bt i skip it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
Once you get an invitation to Allen avenue,
15yinusa street
there is another one at cele!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE AND LITTLE CHANGE..

some years ago i had course to attend at 2 different locations but found out it was the same GNLD guys. Once i found out i left even before they start their stories.(i wasn't as pained as a guy i met one of the centres')

A young man living in kaduna was invited all the way for an interview. The guy almost killed them when he found out it was GNLD.
I felt bad on behalf of the young man. That was shear wickedness from those criminals

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by queenjoe(f): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
hmmm...met one of dem today who told my uncles he has a nice job offer for me, i was happy wen i was told buh t my surprise, afta an introduction wix took abt 45mins he finally told me my purpose of meeting him and i was askd to pay 12000 naira for reg fee and also attend dere seminar on sunday before i will b well informed and knw d in and out of d MLM woreva

And i even knw some1 who has been duped of 120k cos of dt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by VickyRotex(f): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
Correct!!! Busted!!!

Eleko1 come and see your friends cheesy

This is my advice to people, in order to avoid or limit such interview invites:

""Stop dropping your contacts on sites you ain't confident of.

Especially job portals that ask for your contact details. Once you ain't sure of their authenticity, don't drop your contact. Be it email, mobile number, or house address.

And don't upload your CV on such sites, cos your CV contains those vital informations as well. """

It doesn't always work that way, but it helps.

4 Likes

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by laurel03(m): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
Not their fault.... When no job in the country

1 Like

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by kennyman2000(m): 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nice one OP
Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by sungyong(m): 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
nice one though ...best thing is for you to start building ur own bizz

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hahahaaa! Richo resources, Gibson petroleum
snadguy007:
hWith what i've gone through in the hands of these gnld people, its only in the second world that they will scam me again. And i want to use this medium to tell MED-PRO RESOURCES to stop bombarding me with job briefing/interview text messages again, enough is enough. undecided
Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by sungyong(m): 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
nice one though ...best thing is for you to start building ur own bizz thanks

2 Likes

Re: What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha! Include richi resources, Gibson petroleum ltd,etc. Na by force
snadguy007:
With what i've gone through in the hands of these gnld people, its only in the second world that they will scam me again. And i want to use this medium to tell MED-PRO RESOURCES to stop bombarding me with job briefing/interview text messages again, enough is enough. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? / God Gave Me A New Job In This Recession Period After Losing My Banking Job / Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019 – Final List Of Successful Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.