Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Scammers Out In The Name Of NSCDC Unannounced Recruitment. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Scammers Out In The Name Of NSCDC Unannounced Recruitment. (663 Views)

Have You Ever Barged Into Someone's Room Unannounced? / 4000 Police, 135 NSCDC Officers To Guard Ibb’s Daughter Wedding Venues / "Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scammers Out In The Name Of NSCDC Unannounced Recruitment. by Dyoungstar: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dear Nigerians, I have experienced divers forms of scam in this country and have overlooked so many of them but the recent one on the loose now is something that cannot be overlooked.

Some scammers are out to swindle unsuspecting victims of their hard earned money by promising to secure them jobs in the Nigerian civil defense.

By thirty seven minutes after eight AM this morning I received a call from one unfamiliar number claiming to know me from Assemblies of God church Wuse zone 2. The information was correct but something was wrong somewhere because throughout my stay in Wuse only one person in the church had my number and that was like 3-4years now, I asked the man how he got my number but claimed I gave him and was asking me I don't remember him again, I replied I don't know him, it must be wrong number. He asked if the name he called was wrong too, I told he called the right name.

He said, well! I told him I needed job then whether I still need the job? I answered in the affirmative, he said I should call a number and tell him I am his brother (brother to inspector Ben Yakubu). I called the number he sent to me which belonged to one Commandant James Onoja of Nigerian civil defence commission as they claimed. Before now, the Mr. Ben had told me that Nigerian civil defense corps is employing people but didn't make it public in order not to attract so much applicants so as to avoid what happened in their last recruitment.

I called commandant James Onoja he said same thing and added that the employment is due to some ghost workers that were discovered and other persons that will be retired by the end of this month, that I should send my details immediately because people are applying by reference, he asked me what I studied and I told him computer engineering, he said I will work as his PA that I should send the details that my salary is 150k after three months it will be raised; then I knew they are scammers. I sent the details and told him I've sent it and called his accomplice and told him also.

The commandant, after few minutes called me and said he has submitted my name to be enrolled but I will have to send 26,000 naira to his secretary for processing, that he will send me the account details immediately; I told him I don't have the money now but I will source for it before non, he accepted and said that the money is for the slot else others persons that pays before me will grab the slot. There, I told him I know what he knows and laughed, he ended the call and never called or picked my calls after then.

You all should be careful.

These are the numbers they used to contact me.

Inspector Ben Yakubu - 0816 658 6393

Commandant James Onoja - 0814 676 7444.

Cc: ishilove, lalasticlala.
Re: Scammers Out In The Name Of NSCDC Unannounced Recruitment. by itsMrIke(m): 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
True talk

(1) (Reply)

A Few Facts About The D.N.A / Merely Attractive Or Actually Beautiful? / Send Text Message To The Driver Of The Car Blocking Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.