Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,111 members, 7,845,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Honourable Without Honour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Honourable Without Honour (624 Views)

Signpost In Honour Of Abu Ali In Sambisa Forest (Photos) / Queen Elizabeth Honour 3 Nigerians In A Special Ceremony In Buckingham(PHOTOS) / Honourable Moji Lawal Gets Married (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honourable Without Honour by Tope4242(m): 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
I wrote this poem here in early2014. I have been wondering if this poem is still relevant today. Please read it again and share your thoughts with me.
HONOURABLES WITHOUT HONOUR The chants are high Each time they register their presence The drum beats louder Once they take the stage They call them HONOURABLE Even when they drag honour To the ditch of honour. Listen my brothers To the voices of these honourables Who promise without conscience To build huge bridges Even where there are no rivers Like ice put in hot water Their pledge melts at once Come and see my sisters The faces of our folks elevated Drunk with the liquor of power As they murder sleep Squandering all mandate of honour Surrendered to them in trust dignified. My country men plus women What are these big mountains Standing stubbornly tall before us? A mountain of lies and promises has melted Tones of dead dreams deposited in our injured hearts Without honour or favour By the cruel hands of our HONOURABLES. Folks from all parts and paths Lend me your ears To listen to the ugly story Of your disguised assembly Of your careless flag bearers of recklessness Who like unwanted children have abandoned you In the dustbin of neglect At the mercy of merciless poverty Supervised by red-eyed hunger Monitored by a team of murderous diseases . Even as I stand on this rock of shock My eyes see with anguish inflated How like petrol tanker on fire Greed consume their every honour They suffocate under the huge burden Of unbridled boarder-less corruption Their whole fingers chopped off to the arms By the acid of fuel subsidy Many grey hairs of pension and stock exchange scam Standing stubbornly in their nostrils After the deafening noise of power probe Dirty money stoked in their long pockets of greed. Some of these men sitting with women Have warmed their seats for forty months and eight They are blind and deaf and without voice Sitting like loaves of bread turned dry By the coolness of a dozen air conditioners Never a word from their thick lips on national interest. Let me take you to the vintage area Decorated in distinguishing colours Reserved for only the DISTINGUISHED Not in character or patriotism In bribery corruption and rigging they excelled Come everyone and bear me witness To this season of " amala" politics Of take let's share In the game of CHOP MEK I CHOP Their protruding bellies housing our common wealth To distinguish them from the rest of us Our tiny necks almost broken by their tyranny. Cone my people Watch their dance of shame with no shame By these dishonourables of the Honourables Urged on and propelled in loud voices By a ruthless army of distinguished sharers Of our common wealth abused.
Re: Honourable Without Honour by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
undecided
Re: Honourable Without Honour by Tope4242(m): 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chaiiiiii...... You did not go through it abi?
Re: Honourable Without Honour by mikolo80: 5:49am On Jul 30, 2015
Tope4242:
I wrote this poem here in early2014. I have been
wondering if this poem is still relevant today.
Please read it again and share your thoughts with
me.

HONOURABLES WITHOUT HONOUR
The chants are high[b]bfor nko[/b]
Each time they register their presence
The drum beats louder
Once they take the stage
They call them HONOURABLE(are they not
Even when they drag honour[b]how[/b]
To the ditch of honour.u sound confused here
Listen my brothers
To the voices of these honourables
Who promise without conscience[b]liar[/b]
To build huge bridges[b]and u believd them[/b]
Even where there are no rivers[b]see how stupid you(electorate) look[/b]
Like ice put in hot water
Their pledge melts at once[b]u lie[/b]
Come and see my sisters
The faces of our folks elevated
Drunk with the liquor of power
As they murder sleep[b]oversleep na im de worry una[/b]
Squandering all mandate of honour
Surrendered to them in trust dignified.nothing dignified about selling your birthright for pottage
My country men plus women
What are these big mountains
Standing stubbornly tall before us?simple signatures will level them
A mountain of lies and promises has melted
Tones of dead dreams deposited in our injured
hearts
Without honour or favour
By the cruel hands of our HONOURABLES.y r u still lying
Folks from all parts and paths
Lend me your ears[b]make you disturb my peace ba[/b]
To listen to the ugly story
Of your disguised assembly[b]stop wailing[/b]
Of your careless flag bearers of recklessness[b]i disagree[/b]
Who like unwanted children have abandoned you[b]did they not share cups of rice[/b]
In the dustbin of neglect
At the mercy of merciless poverty[b]says u[/b]
Supervised by red-eyed hunger[b][/b]trust me wen hunger gbab us we go arrange mother ffucckerrs
Monitored by a team of murderous diseases .
Even as I stand on this rock of shock
My eyes see with anguish inflated[b]so whatchu go'n do about it[/b]
How like petrol tanker on fire
Greed consume their every honour
They suffocate under the huge burden
Of unbridled boarder-less corruption
Their whole fingers chopped off to the arms[b]there arms or our arms[/b]
By the acid of fuel subsidy
Many grey hairs of pension and stock exchange
scam[b]when the elders were laying bad example they didn;t know ba[/b]
Standing stubbornly in their nostrils
After the deafening noise of power probe
Dirty money stoked in their long pockets of greed.don' kno whatchu talkin about ,cash accepted evrywhere
Some of these men sitting with women
Have warmed their seats for forty months and
eight[b]you get what you pay for[/b]
They are blind and deaf and without voice[b]abi its u that is blind and deaf with no voice[/b]
Sitting like loaves of bread turned dry[b]they look really fresh to me[/b]
By the coolness of a dozen air conditioners
Never a word from their thick lips on national
interest.who gives a rats ass
Let me take you to the vintage area
Decorated in distinguishing colours
Reserved for only the DISTINGUISHED
Not in character or patriotism
In bribery corruption (cost of playing politics)[/b]and rigging ([b]when in rome)[/b]they excelled
Come everyone and bear me witness
To this season of " amala" politic[b]if it ain't broke don't fix it[/b]s
Of take let's share
In the game of CHOP MEK I CHOP[b]na so o

Their protruding bellies housing our common
wealth[b]its not urs if yu're not willing to fight for it[/b]
To distinguish them from the rest of us[b]oh they are distiguished from ya'll all right[/b]
Our tiny necks almost broken by their tyranny.stop being a drama queen
Cone my people
Watch their dance of shame with no shame[b]we must be watching different shows[/b]
By these dishonourables of the Honourables
Urged on and propelled in loud voices
By a ruthless army of distinguished sharers[b]nothing ruthless about ppl that cost 1cup of rice[/b]
Of our common wealth abused.

(1) (Reply)

See What Someone Did To Oshiomole Pix On Instagram / Will Coal Mining Be Revived? / Buhari, Babangida, Others Call For Renewed Efforts Against Piracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.