Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Madagascar: The Making Of A Banana Republic - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Madagascar: The Making Of A Banana Republic (917 Views)

Rakotoarimanana Rajaonarimampianina Wins Madagascar Election / Is Nigeria A Banana Republic? / Updated: Coup D'etat In Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madagascar: The Making Of A Banana Republic by vwvw(m): 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2009
Madagascar has become the latest metaphor for the fragility and growing ‘bananalizing’ of several African states. The AU is currently meeting on the situation in Madagascar and is expected to issue a joint declaration condemning Rajoelina. However that’s were it ends, critics of the regional body will be quick to point out that similar situations had played out in Guinea, Zimbabwe, Mauritania, Guinea Bissau not forgetting the many warring states in Central Africa-where we have left peace treaties mean no justice and clandestine compromises

Meanwhile President Ravalomanana has said he will fight on to death with his rag-tag band. The painful truth is that he may not get the chance of a heroic last stand with every second counting as he’s been tactfully wedged in-trapped in a cocoon of conspiracy, blackmail and corruption. Political analysts say his best bet will be to heed the call of the Americans-leave now that you have the chance, http://connectafrica./2009/03/17/madagascarthe-making-of-a-banana-republic/
Re: Madagascar: The Making Of A Banana Republic by RSA(m): 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2009
I like Madagascar te movie better grin

I like to move it move it!

I like to move it move it!

We like to, ?
Re: Madagascar: The Making Of A Banana Republic by vwvw(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2009
grin grin grin sadly president ravalomanana is finally moving it, took my advice
Re: Madagascar: The Making Of A Banana Republic by Bastage: 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2009
Ravalomanana is handing over the reigns to the military who in turn are installing opposition leader Andry Rajoelina as president.

Now forgive me if I'm wrong but installing a politician who was defeated at the last elections as president is nothing more than a coup.
But what does the AU say?
They call it an "attempted coup d'etat".

No morons. It isn't attempted. It is a coup d'etat.
Honestly, the AU just astounds me with it's stupidity sometimes.

(1) (Reply)

Crime Lords Running West Africa / An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage / Report:Osama Bin Laden Died Of Illness In 2001 And Not 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.