Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? (1319 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Kasimaramma2(f): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Please how feasible is it for a christian and muslim to get married?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Milliprime: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
Is your choice but caution should be applied if i may be advised.

Is not going to be easy though.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Emrexz(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]jzt ah mata ov choice
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
Its infeasible.......

Yea... you probably heard of such marriage. Truth is they are. not married they are just living together.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by 25omega(m): 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
marriage should not be based on your faiths alone. You have to deal with so much more in a marriage than the fact that you either go to the same church or mosque. you have to deal with finances, personalities, families, friends, personal likes and dislikes etc just to name a few.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
I can't! I don't have anything against any religion. "can two walk together, except they have agreed" ?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
No.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by iPopAlomo(m): 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
Understanding family is all you need...
my grandad/grandma = Muslim(Alhaji)/Christian(Prayer warrior) ... he married only one woman... both are in a better place now...
my mum is a Muslim... her twin is a Christian... and she married a Muslim... she's a strong MFM member... and they've been together since college...
and me just mad... it's very likely I won't end up with a Muslim as I'm way too corrupt... and I won't end up with a Christian either... as I'm way too corrupt...
I'm just trying to tell you it's feasible... but your next decision lies with you...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by babyfaceafrica: 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Yes!!!..I didn't marry her faith..I married her..anything about her faith is between her and her God..I don't judge people by their faith!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:
Understanding family is all you need...
my grandad/grandma = Muslim(Alhaji)/Christian(Prayer warrior) ... he married only one woman... both are in a better place now...
my mum is a Muslim... her twin is a Christian... and she married a Muslim... she's a strong MFM member... and they've been together since college...
and me just mad... it's very likely I won't end up with a Muslim as I'm way too corrupt... and I won't end up with a Christian either... as I'm way too corrupt...
I'm just trying to tell you it's feasible... but your next decision lies with you...
hmmmm...is that why you sleep with prostitutes?...
Pls tell me what I am getting wrong..
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by kokoA(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
I don't care except she practices witchcraft.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Gurgle(f): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
No no no no never ever I cant

Its not feasible at all

Although I like northerners a lot and am very familiar with Islamic culture. If it was possible I would try it although my cultural background would eventually prevent me and I don't want to turn all my father's hair grey lol

People are saying its not about the faith, its the person. But the person's faith or lack of it defines everything they do, so you'll never get away from it.

Its a terrible idea. If it wasn't I would have married a very cute Alhaji by now o
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Gurgle(f): 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Lol what do you mean youre too corrupt

don't say that about yourself na grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by iPopAlomo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:

Lol what do you mean youre too corrupt

don't say that about yourself na grin

But it's true... not like money corrupt... I'm morally corrupt... things I do won't go down well with Muslim/Christian brethrens... I'm very care free... that's just about that...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by jashar(f): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
No. I don't need to use my hand to further complicate my life.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Gurgle(f): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:

But it's true... not like money corrupt... I'm morally corrupt... things I do won't go down well with Muslim/Christian brethrens... I'm very care free... that's just about that...

Ok but at least you are open about it, that's a very rare quality. Most "morally corrupt" people hide behind a mask

I actually prefer people like that since I know where I stand with them

But it depends. Are you corrupt with other people, like you maltreat them? Or you just do bad things yourself. The two are different

Anyway brother just try to change your behaviours small o? Like all of us should be doing
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by iPopAlomo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:
No no no no never ever I cant

Its not feasible at all

Although I like Northerners a lot and am very familiar with Islamic culture. If it was possible I would try it although my cultural background would eventually prevent me and I don't want to turn all my father's hair grey lol

People are saying its not about the faith, its the person. But the person's faith or lack of it defines everything they do, so you'll never get away from it.

Its a terrible idea. If it wasn't I would have married a very cute Alhaji by now o

@ the bolded... I just sighted an example of people getting away with things... my blood to be precise... my familia...
but never mind... I try as much as possible not to get in the way of Muslims and Christians...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Gurgle(f): 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:

@ the bolded... I just sighted an example of people getting away with things... my blood to be precise... my familia...
but never mind... I try as much as possible not to get in the way of Muslims and Christians...

What do you mean by getting away from things
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by iPopAlomo(m): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok but at least you are open about it, that's a very rare quality. Most "morally corrupt" people hide behind a mask

I actually prefer people like that since I know where I stand with them

But it depends. Are you corrupt with other people, like you maltreat them? Or you just do bad things yourself. The two are different

Anyway brother just try to change your behaviours small o? Like all of us should be doing

Nah... I do not maltreat people... how do I explain this Ooo... lemme try...
Religious people... do religious things... you know... believing in worship and all... only to pray again that... I'm a sinner... father forgive me... and still go back to sin...
there's no way I won't talk about this without delving into religion... but you're smart... I'm sure you are... I'm sure you get my point... I'm morally corrupt...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Gurgle(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Religious people... do religious things... you know... believing in worship and all... only to pray again that... I'm a sinner... father forgive me... and still go back to sin...
there's no way I won't talk about this without delving into religion... but you're smart... I'm sure you are... I'm sure you get my point... I'm morally corrupt...

I don't really understand you
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by mirexxx(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
ermm...i av kissed a friend from anoda faith tho cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by iPopAlomo(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:

What do you mean by getting away from things

The point where you are confused about the religion of the children... I was in a serious relationship with a Christian once... and I would have ended up with her as I wasn't looking outside again... she calculated alot of things forgetting we propose... he deposes...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by iPopAlomo(m): 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:

I don't really understand you

What exactly do you want me to explain... bear in mind... this is not my thread... I would derail... and I don't want to... and I also want to answer your question...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:

wow...so tell us why you weed,smoke,gamble and sleep with different prostitutes.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Gurgle(f): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:

What exactly do you want me to explain... bear in mind... this is not my thread... I would derail... and I don't want to... and I also want to answer your question...

Anyway its ok im sure I will figure it out "in the fullness of time" (hope I used that expression correctly...)
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by iPopAlomo(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:

Anyway its ok im sure I will figure it out "in the fullness of time" (hope I used that expression correctly...)

lmao... clown... tongue
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by Gurgle(f): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:

lmao... clown... tongue

grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Faith? by SageNaruto(m): 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
Kasimaramma2:
Please how feasible is it for a christian and muslim to get married?

it all depends on d mind set of both parties...

(1) (Reply)

Holier Than Thous!!!!.......why This Hypocrisy? / This One Goes To The Ladies. / Read Indecent Things Men Do That Women Hate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.